The game modes

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Natus

Natus

i maid a telescope with my smarties toob

• Project Team
  • 2,005 posts
  • Projects:Ex mapper, GCII Fanatic and sound tech.
  •  "Go fudge yourself you smarmy overly-camp handsome barstard" - Neil Faz

Posted 03 October 2003 - 11:13 PM

Possibly, but would you be using a new shp or the rocketeer shp?
Natus 3.4

Corrupt program now requires constant reboots and does not function at all in majority of instances. Designed with a web browser component to replace AOL, it has exceeded our expectations by being more crashy and unreliable and with worse tech support. We didn't think it was physically possible! A general product recall is advised; when it does function it seems to require background processes Girl 0.1Beta to stave off further crashes. Will someone PLEASE remove that code, and insert Backbone 1.9 in its place? That's assuming we even bother to continue this prog.

#22 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 04 October 2003 - 05:40 AM

Well, if you recall, normal snipers are bit slow to fire constantly and same will be true for the flying sniper and the shp is an modified rocketeer with sniper rifle so you could call it new shp then :D

And as volkov has seen I have balanced several things that were just ownage in normal YR, like mass prism and now u damn sure are forced to rely on every unit in your arsenal.
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#23 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 04 October 2003 - 09:20 AM

well you could just make disaster mode when random superweapons are detonated around the map :D :D :lol:
Posted Image

#24 Volkov

Volkov

Everybody's Favorite Android

• Project Team
  • 224 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm. I do stuff.
  •  LUKE I AM YOUR FATHER

Posted 04 October 2003 - 09:34 AM

Hmm.... Weatherstorms, meteor showers, nuclear blasts, pyschic eminations, tornadoes, and a bag of chips all randomly floating around on the map...hmm....can you say ouch?
Posted Image

#25 Az3r^

Az3r^

Resident Fan Boy/Tester

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Nothing Atm .
  •  Oldbie Slacker since August 03

Posted 04 October 2003 - 12:05 PM

a flying sniper :/
that would be a bit inaccurate dont you think
and a bit crazy :|
Quotes :
Paradox @ Ali - "And what the fuck would you know? Ever been? Oh no, sorry, your map says 'HERE BE DRAGONS' anywhere outside of your rock"

#26 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 04 October 2003 - 12:24 PM

well, this flying sniper will only be available in air war mode, not anywhere else.
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#27 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 24 March 2005 - 11:57 AM

I think you should re-enable the Enforcer, or at least rename the current Rocketeer (perhaps use LUNR shp instead :sad: )

Currently it's too much like the normal Rockie except in weapon.

#28 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 25 March 2005 - 05:50 PM

Hey CJ... OLD TOPIC. ;)

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

#29 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 06:54 PM

I know. Incase you ain't noticed I'm trying to revive this forum ;)

Besides, it might've sparked off a new and innovative surprise from the Apollo camp :)

Edited by Comrade Jerkov, 25 March 2005 - 06:55 PM.

#30 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts
  • Projects:Making a master plan to destroy the consumerist society.
  •  Revora's Local Forum Whore

Posted 26 March 2005 - 10:52 AM

I want to see a real meatgrinder mode.
With: NO DEFENSES
Only low tech infantry, refinary, and radar.
Perhaps even lower costs on infantry, allowing huge infantry batalions, and perhaps increase the overall ranges... ;)

Edited by Hooligan, 26 March 2005 - 10:54 AM.

Lurking moar since 2004 2003!

#31 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 02:26 PM

*cough* NEXUS imbalance *cough*

Although yes I'd like that mode to make an appearance somehow.
You could do a survivor-type mode with one of the ubertanks as the main unit and various other units protecting it (I know it's been done but it's effective).

A Harvester Truce mode would be interesting. Would be a whole lot better economically than normal (due to fighters pummelling your bloody miners)

#32 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 27 March 2005 - 10:08 AM

existing meatgrinder edited and harvester truce mode added and trying now do air war mode. :huh:
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
-APOC

#33 Natus

Natus

• Project Team
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 02:45 PM

Quick note;

Infantry War needs fixing. Only simple infantry and AA defences are needed and WF needs to be added for infantry transports. Be them ground or air. And they need ONE single weak offensive unit from the WF for balance. Just the lightest unit they have in each arsenal. That would fix it all. Oh and maybe walls or sandbags as all sides have the infantry to destroy them anyway.
Natus 3.4

Corrupt program now requires constant reboots and does not function at all in majority of instances. Designed with a web browser component to replace AOL, it has exceeded our expectations by being more crashy and unreliable and with worse tech support. We didn't think it was physically possible! A general product recall is advised; when it does function it seems to require background processes Girl 0.1Beta to stave off further crashes. Will someone PLEASE remove that code, and insert Backbone 1.9 in its place? That's assuming we even bother to continue this prog.

#34 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 04:39 PM

I agree with alot of that except the war fact weak unit.

Marauder/Scorpion/Robot tank rushes, OR
Pulverizer (owns infantry)/Ravager (average vs infantry)/Ripper (average vs infantry).

Would result in tankspamming or imbalance. Pulverizers wipe out legions of infantry...so to add them in would not be a good bet.

#35 Natus

Natus

• Project Team
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 02:56 AM

You need basic assault vehicle. Otherwise the mode is shite.
Natus 3.4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users