ZOCOM Zone Raiders

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,947 posts
  • Projects:The Third War, Ares, misc side projects.
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Division Leader
  • Association

Posted 21 February 2008 - 04:56 PM

No, this is not the Tacitus Thursday update, that will come later whenever it's posted on the EA site.

This is a unit spotlight on one of the new subfaction units. This time, it's the Zone Raiders, specific to the GDI ZOCOM subfaction.

The Zone Raider is similar to the Zone Trooper, but armed with different weaponry. It has a sonic RPG launcher which can clear Tiberium from an area, or decimate structures and lower-tech units. This is not however a homing weapon, and can be easily outmanoeuvred by single units. It is also armed with a missile launcher capable of attacking air targets.

They have the same abilities and upgrades as the Zone Trooper - they can call for transports and use jump jets, and be upgraded with Scanner Packs and Power Packs.

They replace the Zone Trooper for the ZOCOM subfaction. Naturally, they have Tiberium immunity, and can be garrisoned inside the new Hammerhead Gunship to assault from above. They can also be called in by the Drop Pods support power.

Posted Image

Full article on the Zone Raider can be seen here.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Job Openings with the Guild: Division Staff, News Posters.
Job Openings with Ares: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.

PM if interested.

#2 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 21 February 2008 - 09:25 PM

Kind of sexist don't you think :thumbsupsmiley: ?

Anyway, I loved the unit the second I first saw it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users