Minas tirith too difficult

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Travis19152_*

Guest_Travis19152_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2008 - 08:34 AM

Minas tirith is way to hard could you please make it easy some how? There are way to many seige towers to keep up with.The hundreds of thousands of orcs aren't that bad its just the towers.Mabey you could make an optional download to make that level easier.By the way I love your mod.

#2 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 25 February 2008 - 11:09 AM

Unfortunately, Celeglin the mod creator hasn't been seen here for around 8 months.

Tips to beat MT:
When the mission starts, you already have full CP. So spam farms and blacksmiths, and also stick in a marketplace. Build as many wall trebuchet as possible. Once the attack gets going, kill the first level buildings and create all the unit buildings plus a well and statues. When the towers come, focus all the wall trebuchets (inc the 2nd level ones) onto the towers. If you also stick some archers on the second level then they can hit some of the units that climb up the tower as well as whatever units you have on the wall.
Posted Image

#3 Guest_Travis19152_*

Guest_Travis19152_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2008 - 09:32 PM

I did it!! 5 trys. Was able to destroy to towers but I became over ran so I had to defend the top level.

#4 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  • Projects:Turned to Writing
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:18 PM

i've managed to beat Minas Tirith by drawing all of my men to the stairs to the second level.
it was quite easy after that.
If the above post offended you in any way,
please take note that, until further notice, I don't care, so get lost.

#5 Kyrivian

Kyrivian

Self Proclaimed Lord

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 03:18 AM

You'll most likely havea full command point total at the start, so do what M@tt said earlier, but when your soldiers start dying, create a few trebuchet's, and get teh "Fire Stones" upgrade. Upgrade your wall trebuchets to give them a fairly large boost against the towers.

Posted Image

[center]

Posted By: Kyrivian
I'd go with 2d3, 3d6, 1/2d7, 1d10, 14d12, 8d20, 13 quarters, and a groundhog.

I'm not sure if you'll need all that, but if you figured out a system from it, it would be the greatest in the world.

#6 Guest_Artos_*

Guest_Artos_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:40 AM

build some trebuchets and upgrade them with fire stones , all of your units must be fully upgraded and have heroes on the walls...............give experience with Faramir / Boromir and if you are lucky and ure good player then you have gandaf 9th level........during this mission he will raise to 10th lvl and u can use Nuke bomb ( WoP ).....then Rohan will arrive and if ure movie player then u have just rohirrim....60%warriors / 40%archers ( fully upgraded )....all rohan heroes must be on horse just haldir and merry are on foot.....use glorious charge with Theoden and Gamling then ull ride to WAR.........before ull ride intu army of orcs use Cloud Breake..........make save the city and w8 until haradrim and mumakils will arrive....then use fire arrows to slay mumakils and crush haradrim with ure cavalry...........then W8 for GLA and undead army............and then the battle of our time is won ;-)

this mod is really good but there are some mistakes....such Aragorn for Rohan ( He´s so strong , that he can kill every unit on a map , when hes 10th lvl , but not only units but when he gets anduri he can also kill every hero......)
Balrog ( 20Pts ) Army of dead ( 10Pts ) and AoD is stronger..........

and so on ;-)

#7 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:54 AM

Please don't blame the modder for EA's 'mistake'. :p It's not even a mistake: it was made so for balance reasons (I think because the Evil armies can kill their own soldiers and they get Spellbook Points - I dunno, haven't played B4ME in ages).
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#8 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 12 March 2008 - 01:17 PM

AoD wipe out armies...
Balrog wipes out armies and buildings...

Considering that the good castles are tougher than the evil ones, it's quite fair :crazed: Although, TEA made their stay much much shorter :p

Edited by Lauri, 12 March 2008 - 01:19 PM.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#9 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:16 PM

And good units give off more pp then evil. At least I think they do... :thumbsupsmiley:
:D

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#10 Kyrivian

Kyrivian

Self Proclaimed Lord

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 02:09 AM

It's not that they give off more, as far as I know. It's that there are more orcs in a horde than soldiers in a battallion.

For example,*** there are 4 soldiers in a gondorian batallion, each worth 5pp. Total 20pts.

But there's 20 orcs in a mordor horde, each worth 1 pp. total? 20 points. You have to kill more to get the same effect when good.

***Example is completely and utterly rediculous. The theory may be right, but the point values are wrong, wrong, wrong.

Posted Image

[center]

Posted By: Kyrivian
I'd go with 2d3, 3d6, 1/2d7, 1d10, 14d12, 8d20, 13 quarters, and a groundhog.

I'm not sure if you'll need all that, but if you figured out a system from it, it would be the greatest in the world.

#11 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:46 AM

I meant individually, not as a battalion :xcahik_:
Or maybe that too. Someone needs to check :sleep:

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#12 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 28 March 2008 - 09:17 PM

if an orc is 2 pts, a man is probably 3 points...
3x5 = 15
2x10 = 20

Good = 300
Evil = 600

Good = 20 Battalions, 100 Troops
Evil = 30 Battalions, 300 Troops

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#13 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:18 PM

well, I donwloaded this mod (I've been playing it for almost 2 days)

Helm's Deep gave a little challenge (a way better than the EA one).
I actually had to fight :mellow:

but Minas Tirith...

I've tried it three times for now, and nothing works!
The last time went better, I fought about 1 - 1,5 hours...

A question...:
when will the oathbreakers pop up?
because I really need them to win this fight :p
maybe it was so close in the last fight...?

#14 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:29 PM

EDIT to the las post:

even if I cannot win (ok, it gets frustrating..) this mod is awesome, Helm's Deep and Minas Tirith are now as they should have been in the original game:P

#15 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:03 PM

You should probably get your rohirrim inside the city, they'll be wasted outside. Put soldiers with your archers on the wall to be a meat shield.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#16 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  • Projects:Turned to Writing
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:09 PM

Another strategy that I used is to drop the 1st level. Don't even think about defending it. Try to defend the stairways to the second level instead with your mêlee-troops. Put your archers on the entire second wall to defend against incoming nazgûl and soften up the incoming troops for your mêlee-troops. As soon as the Rohirrim arrive, get them inside with a side-gate, as Elven said. Then you can use those Rohirrim to protect one stairway and your total Gondor army to defend the other.
That's how I get through Minas Tirith, since defending to small bottlenecks is waaaaaay easier then defending each and every segment of the walls. :mellow:

Of course, if you want to do it another way, you're free to do so. There are plenty of other ways to finish this map, but it takes time. It takes Epic, adrenaline-rushing time :p
If the above post offended you in any way,
please take note that, until further notice, I don't care, so get lost.

#17 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2010 - 03:10 AM

You should probably get your rohirrim inside the city, they'll be wasted outside. Put soldiers with your archers on the wall to be a meat shield.

that is what I did. I crushed evry orc in the second level with the rohirrim and I did put archers on the walls.
maybe I should move to the second level in the start of the fight... :D

but I'm a lore freak :p
but this time I could do it differently ;)

thanks for the answers :mellow:

#18 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 15 May 2010 - 03:13 AM

Are you building soldiers or tower guards? Soldiers are better on the wall, because you can build more of them and are more effective against infantry. By the gate a mixture of both is best.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#19 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2010 - 04:21 AM

Soldiers, because I noticed they are better...

4 trys, still defeat

what I'm I doing wrong?

this time I retreated to the second level, I became overwhelmed even before Rohan arrived...

#20 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 15 May 2010 - 04:50 AM

What about the archers? Regular are better than rangers on the wall.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users