Minas tirith too difficult
Posted 15 May 2010 - 04:58 AM
rangers for killing nazguls and trolls
regular for everything
maybe I just need to make better army (more experienced...)
I just need to start a new campaing.
how much does the difficulty setting affect to the battles?
using medium, because easy is just too easy
or it was...
anyway, great mod, again
Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:14 AM
Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:20 AM
but I need to use more time in that with this mod.
Rohirrim were more experienced than my Gondor troops, they all were about level 8 - 10.
at least they did a good job in their last stand.
Minas Tirith fell under Sauron's army...
and so fell the rest of the Middle-Earth (for now )
Posted 15 May 2010 - 07:51 AM
That's a decision that I always find very difficult. Which are better? Rangers or Regular Archers?
What about the archers? Regular are better than rangers on the wall.
I tend to go for regular, since they can be upgraded with Heavy armour.
please take note that, until further notice, I don't care, so get lost.
Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:34 AM
well, I will win that fight some day
Posted 16 May 2010 - 04:21 PM
I started a new campaing and now I had much more experienced army (also more regular troops)
and I managed to shoot down every siege tower, only few got to the walls
in previous fights mordor orcs took the walls pretty fast
Posted 04 June 2010 - 01:22 PM
Minas Tirith was Awesome! It took me three trys on hard, but itI did it!
-I think I will do it again because every single pre-mission units [mostly rangers] for gondor was killed. Most of Rohan survived though. This is what I did:
-on 2nd level built trebshop, arheryrange, barracks, market, and blacksmith,
-on 1st level, all blacksmith and all trebs
-put all my archers on 1st wall, with faramir, Gandalf, pippin and boromir behind gate
- battle begins, I lose some guys, make trebs research fireballs
- begin nonstop making trebs and rangers, line all new trebs on second wall, with new rangers [upgrade rangers with fire and flag]
-have some trouble with towers [love how there are so many more], but can usu [2 out of 3 tries] hold the wall until Grond breaks the gate
- as soon as gate is about to fall, run with everyone to second level, otherwise they will get overrun
- hold out on second level [I only had 3 intact buildings when Rohan arrived - barracks, well and citadel]
- bring Rohan through far left postern gate I made up to second level
- fight for your life until second level is cleared
- by the time 2nd level was secure, buildings rebuilt [a few blacksmiths - I was really low on res by this time due to constantly spawning soldiers] army of dead arrive
-then it is easy as army of dead have unlimited time, just clean up the map
- I will replay to try to save my experienced units, none of my Original gondor ones survived.
Posted 05 June 2010 - 08:54 AM
The last couple of times i played the campaign, i managed to get AotD before Minas Tirith - which is awesome, as you can actually kill the Grond if you summon them as soon as it arrives. And the summoned AotD lasts as long as Aragorn's army too, giving you double the oathbreakers you can normally get
Btw, not sure if that's a bug worth fixing. I'm guessing Celeglin gave it better stats with a map.ini, though it's not indestructible unless you make a script for it on the map. I like being able to kill it though, if you work hard enough to earn PP
Anyway, I usually..
- build all blacksmiths/farms on the first level
- and wells, a marketplace, a workshop and an archery range on the second level.
- make as many trebs as the CP allows, and all trebs on the wall. Then i upgrade everything with fire stones, and any other units that need upgrading.
- I place all my heroes on the wall juts closest to the gate, gandalf and pippin on one side, faramir and boromir on the other.
- I place all my units spread along the wall in both directions, with some tower guards/infantry near the ends.
- Once the battle starts, i destroy all my lower level buildings, and replace them with wells and statues.
- Whenever i can, i summon rohirrim behind advancing waves, and focus their attacks on siege towers/catapults. Usually, this manages to kill atleast 2-3 towers before they reach the city
- Usually, i have no problems defending until the grond arrives, where i either destroy it, or try and defend the lower level for as long as i can.
- Once rohan arrives, i get everyone to defend the lower level, which is generally pretty easy with the experienced archers
- It's pretty easy from there. Wait for Aragorn, or just go out and kill the bases now.
Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:04 AM
Wow easy IS way too easy.
Finished Minas Tirith nearly 15 minutes before Rohan arrived. O___O
Didn't even have to deal wtih Grond. I hardly got to level any units for Black Gate. :(
Just how hard IS it on Hard?
Edited by BPK, 21 September 2010 - 12:07 AM.
Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:47 AM
Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:21 AM
Posted 21 September 2010 - 10:41 AM
I usually get a shitload of unupgraded troops from Osgiliath, of which I sacrifice a part to get a better balanced army. However, that means that my troops start of at level 2 at the beginning of MT
please take note that, until further notice, I don't care, so get lost.
Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:01 AM
For people who think it is hard...
make 5 blacksmiths and 1 marketplace on the second level, I put the market place next to my citadel.
On the lower lvl, you don't need melee inf it will waste your command points, just normal archers; so make one archer building, one well, and one(what's it called workshop?) the thing that makes catapults. Then farms with more more blacksmith(to get the full bonus). If you have too many of your command points filled(which should be 450 in this mod or thats what I had)then use your trebs that start on the second level to bombard and halfway kill the archers you have.
You NEED fire stones
I had like 6-7 extra trebs on the second wall that could aim at where the orcs flood in the gate, this is also necessary to beat this version. Having a lot of trebs in your second wall counters siege towers.
Also, I like 4 extra trebs in the first level behind the walls.
I creep the mordor camps with the Rohan. In my Rohan army I take specifically 5 units of pro archers(either elfs or those royal guard things they add in) then a mix of balanced horse archers and cav. Use glorious charge on your horse archers and they will drop mummiks in a few vollys. Just to clarify, When I get rohan, I never need to use my gondor army again. . . U just got to use your troops right. Few more tips about Rohan
NEVER engage the mummiks in melee, there is no reason too just run away and keep shooting.
Use the leadership when facing the mummiks, make sure all of your damage leadership heroes are next to your archers and not doing other things with your cav so you can stack it up.
Also target trebs on the second wall with bombard when the gate is broken, if you have 6-7 trebs bombarding the ground in front of the gate, it kills 90% of their troops.
Something that will rape the ai if you still have trouble; move a unit outside the corner of your walls and every melee unit mordor has charges it; meaning all the trolls commit suicide by running below your archers trying to kill the unit you just moved out your secret gate When trolls are gone your rohan summon is a good way to rape isolated orc archers. And for the love of god target your trebs; the clumps of archers are what kills your trebs don't expect the ai to aim at the best spots.
Anyway great mod, made this level play like it should and gl to you guys that have trouble with it.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users