#1 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Coder, skinner, modeler, art guy

Posted 02 March 2008 - 10:06 AM

As the WotE online tournament is approaching, I thought that giving you a better version of the latest beta woul be appropriate :p

Some major bugs, such as the Tulamdir, Blacksmith upgrade, Pink Dunedain Fire Arrows, Army of the Dead bugs have been fixed, and Witch-king should be functional as well. I'm not sure about the Ring Heroes, but they should be working now, the only problem is that they no longer drop the Ring after their death...

DOWNLOAD LINK

I hope that at least those who will participate in the tournament will download this "patch". Have fun playing, and remember to report any bugs you find asap :thumbsdownsmiley:

#2 lycan

lycan

title available

• Banned
  • 553 posts
  • Projects:HP Mod
  •  Im just a guy around these forums

Posted 02 March 2008 - 10:37 AM

downloading :thumbsdownsmiley:

#3 Miku

Miku
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:01 PM

Thanks, gotta play this version now
Son of Thunder, Lighting Strikes, Son of Thunder.
Son of Thunder, Thor Arise, Son of Thunder.
Son of Odin. Thundergod.
Master of War. Asator!

#4 Havefun

Havefun
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 03:29 PM

fixed version? WOW!! yet i can't d-load it due to it's too large size =(((((((((((((((((((((((((

ok i'll cry more tomorow...
94% of teenagers today are a bunch of uninformed morons, if you are one of the 6% who actually reads the paper, or anything besides cheap magazines and a couple of schoolbooks, copy and paste this into your signature.

#5 Guest_Srg Insane_*

Guest_Srg Insane_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2008 - 11:06 PM

Weird i installed your updated beta but nothing was changed the Witch Kings Fire Sword still didnt work and I still couldnt purchase upgrades from the blacksmith. I installed it in the right place and i overwrite the old WOTE beta files but it still wont work. Maybe im just dum, or i did something wrong here could you please help?

#6 Guest_aNaRcHiSt44_*

Guest_aNaRcHiSt44_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2008 - 05:24 AM

hey ppls. love the mod but there are a few major bugs to report-sorryz;
-im not sure if this is just EA's fault, bcos it happens in the S.E.E mod as well-10-20 mins into a game, selecting multiple hordes will cause a CTD.
-alternating between 20-40 mins, a crash resulting in the computer restarting by itself after a few seconds occurs.
-the AI for the factions: MEN and DWARVES (maybe EVIL MEN, ANGMAR and DORWINION-have not tried due to reports of many issues concerning the AI of those particular factions) do not build resource production buildings, forcing them to rely on outposts and their fortress-and lairs. the other unlisted factions work fine.

sorryz to interrupt u guys, but these issues are major-but then again the first one would be EA's fault-considering it was also found in BFME2 (not ROTWK). that's all we fans who have downloaded and played ur mod really need: a fixed AI and fixed crash. thanks, and sorryz again :rolleyes:

#7 Miku

Miku
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 01:54 PM

hey ppls. love the mod but there are a few major bugs to report-sorryz;
-im not sure if this is just EA's fault, bcos it happens in the S.E.E mod as well-10-20 mins into a game, selecting multiple hordes will cause a CTD.
-alternating between 20-40 mins, a crash resulting in the computer restarting by itself after a few seconds occurs.
-the AI for the factions: MEN and DWARVES (maybe EVIL MEN, ANGMAR and DORWINION-have not tried due to reports of many issues concerning the AI of those particular factions) do not build resource production buildings, forcing them to rely on outposts and their fortress-and lairs. the other unlisted factions work fine.

sorryz to interrupt u guys, but these issues are major-but then again the first one would be EA's fault-considering it was also found in BFME2 (not ROTWK). that's all we fans who have downloaded and played ur mod really need: a fixed AI and fixed crash. thanks, and sorryz again :rolleyes:

First, my computer at least doesn't restart itsefl at any time. It just reports that game.dat quitted working after some time of the play of mod. And secondly, sometimes AI doesn't build anything at all if it has teammates, not in the mod but in the right game aswell.
Son of Thunder, Lighting Strikes, Son of Thunder.
Son of Thunder, Thor Arise, Son of Thunder.
Son of Odin. Thundergod.
Master of War. Asator!

#8 Caluadan

Caluadan

"When you cease to exist, then who will you blame?"

• Project Team
  • 1,101 posts
  • Projects:Wars of the East
  •  Artist, Skinner, Modeller, Website Designer

Posted 05 March 2008 - 05:23 PM

A bit late, but downloading. :rolleyes:
Posted Image
Posted Image
My artwork this far
| Battles of Gondor | Wars of the East | Last Alliance

Positive to nuclear energy, taxes (preferably high) and the European Union
Negative to car traffic and US foreign policy

#9 Guest_aNaRcHiSt44_*

Guest_aNaRcHiSt44_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2008 - 11:35 PM

well there is nothing wrong with my comp-and i just realized that it doesnt restart itself every time-sometimes it just takes a while to quit out, but it DOES restart occassionally. when it quits out however-there is no message of an error, just normal desktop appears with accompanying icosn. and the AI for my BFME2:ROTWK does not have that issue, so for me at least it is a mod-induced error. this mod adds more content than any other mod-unit and hero-wise, and it is sad that it's brilliant gameplay is ruined by those two errors. another thing i have noticed is that when playing as gondor, it tends to crash much faster than when i am playing as Men-but of course this is just bad luck. if the errors could be fixed, along with CaH and WotR becoming available....i cant even imagine the outcome if that occurs....a bug-fixed mod of such proportions.....meh. Ithron it is entirely up to u, but like all other people on this site, we implore you to not quit modding, or at least fix the remaining bugs with ur essentially perfect mod. it adds so much, and it would be a loss to the BFME communtiy if u retired.

#10 Linas

Linas

King of Gondor

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Projects:Gediminas Mod
  •  Project Leader For Gediminas Mod and Coder

Posted 06 March 2008 - 12:50 PM

I played for Evil men on wotr mode. I win battle in RTS map and after "You victorious" game crash game.dat error.

Edited by Linas, 06 March 2008 - 12:51 PM.

#11 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Coder, skinner, modeler, art guy

Posted 06 March 2008 - 05:19 PM

WotE does not support WotR atm.

#12 Linas

Linas

King of Gondor

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Projects:Gediminas Mod
  •  Project Leader For Gediminas Mod and Coder

Posted 06 March 2008 - 05:24 PM

Sorry, can you explain who is atm? Sorry, my english is bad.

#13 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 06 March 2008 - 05:33 PM

it means "at the moment"

#14 Guest_Tomzter08_*

Guest_Tomzter08_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2008 - 03:33 PM

Yes i have a problem

When i start the mod and all the other WotE's
they have an error about data\ini\object\evilfaction\angmar\angmarmewlipswamp

someone help me please

#15 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:48 PM

ok, i downloaded this mod. Its very good one :p
my english is not very good so forgive me pls
i have found some bugs:
dorwinion: i can't summon the horse lord from stables (forsakin or some how) more then once
evil men: one building becomes pink when demaged, i don't know name but AI buils it anywhere and it trans units (usually AI builds anywhere only farms)
goblins: where are they? i can't find them anywhere... looks like entire faction has been removed
my email: jachym.tousek@gmail.com

#16 andrej

andrej
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:00 PM

Yes i have a problem

When i start the mod and all the other WotE's
they have an error about data\ini\object\evilfaction\angmar\angmarmewlipswamp

someone help me please

download patches!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by andrej, 12 August 2008 - 04:00 PM.

“On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.” Ayrton Senna

#17 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:Trying to find meaning...
  •  The guy that is just a ghost.

Posted 13 August 2008 - 04:19 AM

Dorwinion: It is supposed to only be one Horse lord (I forgot his name too.)
Evil Men: I know, I hat that, it's the Easterling Barracks, and WotE team is still hunting of the reason for that.
Goblins: Sorry man, Evil Men took them over and killed them.......... but it's remains are scattered throught the FoD! Well, some of them at least......
A changed man is only the same man with a different outlook of life.

#18 Baldr

Baldr
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 04:29 AM

dorwinion: but why him? for example celeborn can be revived...
evil men: i think it loks like the top part of evil men fortress (becouse of shapes), maybe that can help

#19 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:Trying to find meaning...
  •  The guy that is just a ghost.

Posted 15 August 2008 - 02:13 PM

Dorwinion: If he dies, he can be revived, just like Celeborn! But, actually, I don't think Dorwinion has a "structure hero"........
Easerling Barracks, Easterling Fortress. Or Rhun Fortress and barracks! So, they are from the same people, which explains the similarity.
A changed man is only the same man with a different outlook of life.

#20 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  • Projects:Wars of the East mod
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 15 August 2008 - 05:14 PM

I guess at Dorwinion you speak of Fokashin, leader of Helcar. He's counted as a "Commander Unit" (see the Gameplay FAQ about further details), so you can have only one at a time.

At Evil Men, sorry, we couldn't fix that one yet. My guess is that the damaged version of the structure wasn't made, so the program misread things. For now, we might just use the normal models for the barracks when damaged. Not a perfect solution, but still better than the pink stuff.
Posted Image
---
"Well, I can't argue with that - modding IS hard. But what would have become of games like Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Dungeon Siege, Half-Life 1-2, Neverwinter Nights and BfME 1-2 if we, modders, weren't there ? They would have long been forgotten. Modding is hard, but it's an honorable thing." - MorrisB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users