Photo

Keating Konflict Release (5th March 2008)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kilkakon

Kilkakon

That Great Krusader

• Hosted
  • 101 posts
  • Projects:The Keating Konflict, Strawberry Fields Forever
  •  Keating Konflux Leader

Posted 05 March 2008 - 03:06 PM

The next version of the Keating Konflict is now available. This version includes 3 (and a half) factions for your playing pleasure. Weighing in at just under 8 MB, Konflict remains a compact download. Get it now! For more information about the game, or screenshots of some of the gameplay, why not visit the Konflux Website?

For those not aware of the Keating Konflict, allow me to briefly describe its gameplay and design.
The Keating Konflict has three major differences to the standard Red Alert 2 game.

1. The economy has been completely redesigned. Instead of mining ore conveniently located near your base, Supply Trucks travel to a Supply Dump and gather resources. These Supply Dumps are located in exposed territory. The result of this change is that an undisturbed supply line will gave a lot of resources, but players will suffer quickly from cut supply lines. All players and units also are given a 1% bounty bonus (as in C&C Generals).

2. Most, if not all, of the previous Konflict/Red Alert 2 annoyances have been removed. Auto-repair will not activate if you do not have enough money to purchase a Supply Depot. Remnant Component Towers start with an initial weapon. Helipads start with initial helicopters. The infamous 'Short Game' bug has been removed.

3. Lastly, the Keating Konflict has finally struck the balance between creativity and formula by including realism. Vehicles, although powerful, can be removed by several anti-tank infantrymen. Weapons also have realistic inaccuracy. Structures can burn and destroy themselves, some even exploding violently when doing so.

God willing, this release shall live up to your expectations.
Posted Image

#2 Guest_Me_*

Guest_Me_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2008 - 01:04 AM

Great mod. :)

#3 Kilkakon

Kilkakon

That Great Krusader

• Hosted
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:42 AM

Great mod. :wink_new:

Thanks!
Posted Image

#4 tobiasboon46

tobiasboon46
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:47 PM

You never contacted me again!
What happened???
Nevermind, I got some more expertise in modding, so check my MSN and call me when you need a map or help :p

#5 Guest_Modfan_*

Guest_Modfan_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2008 - 10:23 AM

Yuhuu it is still alive xD

Hope the mod will be completed fast (but take your time to make it good ! xD)

Cannot wait for all Factions to be in-game

#6 Kilkakon

Kilkakon

That Great Krusader

• Hosted
  • 101 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:38 AM

@Tobias
Sorry about that, I have been having login problems. What did you think of this release?

@Modfan
It's great to here your support! If enough people start thinking the same way as you - God willing - there will be another release for sure!

Edited by Kilkakon, 19 March 2008 - 11:40 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users