Posted 15 March 2008 - 04:00 PM

This suggestion is open to all modders everywhere

Visit My Website

#2 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 28 March 2008 - 03:09 AM

Hmmm... Gen Reaper, you are probably new to modding forums, aren't you? But don't be ashamed, just be aware that mods aren't created in one night. They require a massive effort and inumerous skills to be created, which usually takes years, specially to create a half conversion or a total conversion. And ideas are the easiest part of any mod, specially a C&C3 vs UAW idea, which would be common to many fans of both games. Maybe someone else will have the same idea and try to work on something and maybe not. If you want something like this to happen, you need to work on it. Ideas alone are worth nothing.

And, in another note: you linked to a forum post, not a website.
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#3 Duke

Duke

Doctor Doctor!

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 03:42 AM

I think you just accidentally hit Enter instead of editing the text for the link, no biggy :)

Sorry Banshee but I think that ideas are worth something, worth a lot. Game designers are one of the highest paid members of a development team.

The problem is with modding is that a lot of the time if you try to just announce your mod with ideas and concepts alone it will often get laughed at at and labelled "n00b" by more experienced modders. It's nothing against you it's just the way things are :(

Anyway, good luck with this just remember that to really be taken seriously with modding you need to often have something to show people, like a render or screenshot - that type of thing.

Welcome to Petrolution :p (if I didn't already say that?)

#4 lycan

lycan

title available

• Banned
  • 553 posts
  • Projects:HP Mod
  •  Im just a guy around these forums

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:50 PM

A bit ambitious for a first mod don't you think?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users