Posted Image

Man At Arms: (Light Armored)

Posted Image
Posted Image

Spearmen: (Light Armored)

Posted Image

Boromir:

Posted Image

Edited by SDK Kwen, 16 March 2008 - 05:13 PM.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#2 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 16 March 2008 - 06:13 PM

alpha channels on the banner is a pluss :rolleyes:
still it all looks as good as it did before ;)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#3 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 16 March 2008 - 06:52 PM

Yeah, for some reason my alpha channels arent working... it has an alpha, but as you can see. no workey..?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#4 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 07:46 PM

Did you define that in the material?

Did you set the Shader to Alpha Test and Blend? :rolleyes:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#5 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 16 March 2008 - 07:55 PM

I feel dumb now :rolleyes:

#6 hrrypttrbst

hrrypttrbst
  • Members
  • 81 posts
  • Projects:WoA beta tester and AoM mod team

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:57 PM

I like them all there very good :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#7 Guest_Guest_altair16_*_*

Guest_Guest_altair16_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:20 AM

i will be the tester for this mod^^.....the gondorskins are perfect^^

#8 Eldarion

Eldarion

Global nomad

• Project Team
  • 407 posts
  • Projects:MME, this and that
  •  Skinner, modeler, and coder

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:35 AM

Why thank you - though they're anything but perfect. And I kinda doubt complimenting the skins is what it takes to become a beta tester ;) .
Posted Image

#9 Guest_Guest_altair16_*_*

Guest_Guest_altair16_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2008 - 02:10 PM

can i be your beta tester?????? please^^

#10 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts
  • Projects:Lurking
  •  I'm a physician now. Scary, right?

Posted 25 March 2008 - 06:12 AM

Altair, you are a noob. They would not let you be a beta tester because a. you are not even registered and b. do you have any experience beta testing or helping with mods? Or even talking on forums?
I'm creeping, not gone.

#11 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 25 March 2008 - 11:06 PM

wise words.

#12 Yarrum

Yarrum

Kahuna

• Project Team
  • 461 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 02:52 PM

I really like the new helmets for the gondor infantry. The EA ones were just so crude and blurry. I have an Idea for gondor though. You know the camps, well there is a spot in the camp where you could put another building plot. It's not large enough for another building, but perhaps the plot would allow you to construct just a tower, well, or stature. The position of it is like this:

note: X=standard building plot, K=Keep, W=Wall, o=new plot...

WWWW
WX o XW
WX K XW
WX XW
W W
Not really necessary, but I think it would be cool. I hope this makes some sense. Thanks- Yarrum

Edit: Argh, the stuff is not in the right spot, everything gets aligned to the left. Anyways, I think the new plot could go between the two plot fathest from the exit to the camp.

Edited by yarrum, 04 April 2008 - 02:54 PM.

KotW%20Left%20Morgul%20Banner.jpg
KotW Beta Tester
frodo_sam.jpg

#13 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:49 PM

hmmmm, an interesting idea, but that would require editing all the bse files, not sure i'm up to that :D

#14 Yarrum

Yarrum

Kahuna

• Project Team
  • 461 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 02:11 AM

As in like going into each level and editing all the Gondor base files? Yikes! Oh well, back to the drawing board. *Banks head against drawing board* I'll think of something cool you could add. Awesome job so far though. Just thought I'd point out though, Boromir's head is some what awkward. I don't know if it's the final skin/model or not, but I just thought I'd bring it to attention...

KotW Beta Tester
frodo_sam.jpg

#15 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 11:22 AM

uhm...

as in, editing 5 files slighly...
in a map, there is a "placeholder", that is used to lay out a castle, camp or something...
And them placeholders refers to different base-files depending on the faction in the ini's...
So, on a map where a camp is in the lower left, it's usually called CAMPNE (NE North East)..
So, when a faction is called upon on that plot, the ini's read the faction and the desides the base to use for it..

so, there are only 5 files to edit.. It's just that Kwen is lazy :D Obviously... (only 4 are used though)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#16 Yarrum

Yarrum

Kahuna

• Project Team
  • 461 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 02:43 PM

:D Now that's what I call lazy. Kind of reminds me of someone... like that guy over there. *points to his reflection in a mirror* Oh well, maybe I can figure out how to do it myself. :)

Edited by yarrum, 05 April 2008 - 02:43 PM.

KotW Beta Tester
frodo_sam.jpg

#17 Eldarion

Eldarion

Global nomad

• Project Team
  • 407 posts
  • Projects:MME, this and that
  •  Skinner, modeler, and coder

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:59 AM

Just thought I'd point out though, Boromir's head is some what awkward. I don't know if it's the final skin/model or not, but I just thought I'd bring it to attention...

Awkward in what way? If it's something that's fixable, I'll try to fix it. Though please don't say anything too insulting - I spent about two hours on that head.

A note: I've only ever seen one Boromir in a mod on which the face looked just right, and that is RA's armored Boromir. All other versions I've seen have slightly odd faces - including RA's light-armor version and TEA's Boromir. No insult intended to the skinners who did those - it's just a very difficult face to get right.
Posted Image

#18 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:53 PM

uhm...

as in, editing 5 files slighly...
in a map, there is a "placeholder", that is used to lay out a castle, camp or something...
And them placeholders refers to different base-files depending on the faction in the ini's...
So, on a map where a camp is in the lower left, it's usually called CAMPNE (NE North East)..
So, when a faction is called upon on that plot, the ini's read the faction and the desides the base to use for it..

so, there are only 5 files to edit.. It's just that Kwen is lazy :good: Obviously... (only 4 are used though)

soo... i'm a horrible base builder anyways... and yeah... kinda lazy. i've been in a skinning mood lately.

as for boromir eldarion, the angle doesn't help the picture, and perhaps a bit more shadows below the chin and at the hairline would make it better :p

Edited by SDK Kwen, 10 April 2008 - 10:55 PM.

#19 Yarrum

Yarrum

Kahuna

• Project Team
  • 461 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 02:12 AM

For the Gondor Infantry, I would recommend for you to have two or three random textures which are the same except for the faces. It would add more realism to the army.

KotW Beta Tester
frodo_sam.jpg

#20 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:49 PM

all the same cept for the faces huh, well possibly that will come later, same with wlves with like different hair and such...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users