#1 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  • Projects:Wars of the East mod
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 22 March 2008 - 11:59 AM

Since Ithron has retired, I guess there is no point of hiding this data anymore. We've been planning to create a WotE campaign for quite some time by now, and some of our mappers (lycan*, Puppeteer, lacrossman930) have shown great pieces of mapping work, but we couldn't even start the scripting. Over the time, the idea of making a campaign was not so interesting anymore. Then I suggested to make several scripted stand-alone maps those don't really form a campaign, but are still very enjoyable. This has also "died" when Ithron decided to retire.

*(formerly known as elvenfury)

THIS MEANS THAT THE CAMPAIGN WON'T BE MADE, AT ALL.

I don't blame anyone for anything: making a full-size campaign is indeed an incredible work, and I'd like to thank all staff members for their hard work. However, while it is not likely that the campaign will ever be created, I've decided to show the original mission ideas. Most of them would need an update due to the new units added in Beta 3, but the story itself is 100% done. Me and my brother (Gábor) also created a monumental "Epilogue" mission concept with Elendil's help. However, Elendil's description has quite a few grammar and spelling errors, so I might re-write it before publishing.

And now, words aside: witness the original campaign concept of Wars of the East !

Credits:
- IthronAiwendil (original storyline and characters)
- MorrisB (campaign mission ideas, mission descriptions)
- Elendil the High (mission concept support, Epilogue description)
- ...and big thanks for every mapper who ever tried to make a WotE campaign map :rolleyes:

Mission List:
- Prologue - Gathering of Evil (evil)
- 1/a.: Strike at Cuiveinen (evil)
- 1/b.: Strike at Cuiveinen (good)
- 2.: Just a Fool's Hope (evil)
- 3.: Dasron's Way (good)
- 4.: Siege of Hildorien (good)
- 5.: Freeing Alatar (good)
- 6/a.: Kalorme (good)
- 6/b.: Kalorme (evil)
- 7.: Fall of Jarkand (evil)
- 8.: Battle in the Desert (good)
- 9.: United We Stand (good)
- 10.: Under the Walls of Rholavion (good)
- 11.: Masters of the East (good)
- Epilogue - A Bright Future ? (good) - THIS IS NOT SHOWN IN THIS TOPIC

FEEL FREE TO POST YOUR OPINION ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN CONCEPT ! Even if it won't be made, we still would like to know how you would have liked it :rolleyes:

NOTE: I posted the maps in TWO posts :rolleyes:

Prologue - Gathering of Evil

"Rhun... Harad... Khand... Umbar... lands of people, who were tortured by the West, for long time. Their hatred had blossomed over the centuries, and soon, the men of the West will fall by the very same hatred they helped to develop, and thus the Dark Lord was able to force these people to war. These nations are strong, but each of them works only for itself. They could be much stronger together. And could be a blade, used by the Dark Lord...

The armies of my Lord are strong even now, but they could be even more stronger, if "someone" could unite the evil men of the East and South. And this "someone" is here... it's ME. I will forge them into a blade, worthy of the Dark Lord... for I am Romestamo, the East-Helper ! And those, who dare to resist, must fall...
"

Map type: Rhunic wasteland; there are many creep bases, mainly Goblin Caves and Orc Camps.

Starting scene:

Ulwarth: My lord, the people you invited to the meeting will arrive soon. But I fear they don't submit to your sacred will willingly. Most likely, each of them wants us to do something for them, to prove our might ! We must meet with each of the leaders, do their requests, and then they will be our loyal servants.

Starting army:
- Pallando (level 1)
- Ulwarth (level 1)
- 2 battalions of Easterling Pikemen (fully upgraded)
- 2 battalions of Easterling Archers (upgraded weapons)
- 1 battalion of Dark Easterlings (fully upgraded)

You also have a small base.

You can train:
- Easterling Pikemen
- Easterling Archers

NOTE: you can't train Builders in this mission.

Objective:
- Meet with Vronkhar, the leader of the Variags of Khand.

Once you meet with Vronkhar:

Vronkhar: So the mighty East-Helper and his servants have come. Great !
Pallando: Let's get straight to the point, chieftain of Khand. What do you require in return of your services ?
Vronkhar: A thing we Variags honor above all else ! BATTLE ! If you defeat ME, I and my people will serve you ! COME ON, YOU BLUE-ROBE !

New Objective:
- Defeat Vronkhar and then he and his company will join you.

You fight with Vronkhar (level 3), 2 battalions of Axemen of Khand (upgraded weapons) and 1 battalion of Variag Horsemen (upgraded weapons). You just need to weaken Vronkhar. If his health reaches a certain amount (below 40%), then:

Vrokhar: Wait ! Stop ! Please ! Now I see your power ! I'll serve you !

Vronkhar and his company - the surviving units - joins your side !

Ulwarth: My lord, Fuinur and his pirates have arrived to the area.

New Objective:
- Meet with Fuinur, leader of the Corsairs of Umbar.

Once you meet with Fuinur:

Fuinur: Ah, greetings ya' sea-rats ! I agreed to meet with ya' so spit out what ya' need !
Pallando: We require your services, mighty captain of Umbar. We are ready to give you whatever you want in return.
Fuinur: Now, that's a real business, blue-hat ! What I need is GOLD, lots of gold ! Why ? Because I couldn't pay my men since last month ! So do somethin' about it quickly !

New Objective:
- Train a Tribute Caravan and send it to Fuinur.

You can train a unit named "Tribute Caravan" - for 10.000 resources. You need to train one and send it to Fuinur. Until this happens, Fuinur remains neutral. If the Tribute Caravan reaches Fuinur in safety:

Fuinur: Ah, you are good at such things I see ! Well then, we fight for you, blue-hat !

Fuinur (level 3) and his company - 3 battalions of Corsairs of Umbar (fully upgraded) - joins you !

Ulwarth: My lord, Boldog and his orcs from the Ash Mountains have arrived.

New Objective:
- Meet with Boldog, leader of the orcs from the Ash Mountains.

Once you meet with Boldog:

Boldog: My master, Sauron wants me to help you, wizard, and I heed his call ! My warriors will help you without question !
Pallando: At least someone without trouble. Your services are welcome, Boldog.

Boldog (level 1) and his company - 3 battalions of Orc Warriors, 2 battalions of Oc Archers (all fully upgraded) - joins your side !

Ulwarth: My lord, Suladan, the king of Harad has arrived.

New Objective:
- Meet with Suladan, King of Harad.

Once you are near to Suladan and his company, they will be attacked by elves !

Ulwarth: My lord, Suladan is under attack ! If he falls, your plan will fail ! We must rescue him !

Suladan's company includes 2 battalions of Haradrim Spear Throwers, 1 battalion of Haradrim Archers and 1 battalion of Half-Trolls of Far Harad (all has upgraded weapons) and Suladan (level 1)

The enemy has 1 battalion of Cuiveinen Horsemen, 2 battalions of Cuiveinen Pikemen and 2 battalions of Moriquendi Archers (all fully upgraded).

Once you defeat the elves:

Suladan: Thanks for giving a hand, these damned elves has attacked us just a few minutes ago. I guess they have a small outpost somewhere nearby.
Pallando: We'll deal with them later. What do you say about the alliance I told you about earlier, king of Harad ?
Suladan: I realized your wisdom, East-Helper. Allied, the people of the East and South will take control of the West ! Harad will stand together with Rhun !
Pallando: Good. Now, let's test the might of our alliance on the pathetic elves !

Suladan and his company - the surviving units - joins you !

Ulwarth: My lord, our scouts have located the elven outpost.

New Objective:
- Destroy the nearby elven outpost.

With an army of that size, you can easly do it. The base is protected by Cuiveinen Horsemen, Cuiveinen Pikemen and Moriquendi Archers.

Once you defeat them:

Pallando: Our alliance proved to be strong. Together, we'll take control of the entire East and West !

"Sauron's dominion over Middle-Earth draws near..."

VICTORY !

Mission 1/a - Strike at Cuiveinen

"The evil men of East and South now stand united under the banner of the Dark Lord. But before they could march to assist the Dark Lord directly and besiege the West, there are some things those must be removed, to clear the path for the armies.

They are but small countries west of Rhun: Orocarni, Helkar, Cuiveinen, Hildorien, and finally, the strongest: Dorwinion, the land of wine. Soon, it will be a land of blood.

But before we could destroy Dorwinion, we need to destroy those who could assist it, and sabotage my plan. My finger finally pointed at the elven realm of Cuiveinen. Soon, the elves of the East will be nothing, but a lost memory.
"

Map type: Cuiveinen; there are quite a few elven settlements, and a larger outpost. No creep bases.

Starting scene:

Pallando: Cuiveinen... the last resort of the elves of the east. These lands must be burned down. We cannot allow the elves to lend a hand to the other realms ! But be careful, my faithful servants. Altrough the elves of these lands have lost much of their ancestral powers, they still have many tricks at their disposal...

Starting army:
- Pallando
- Ulwarth
- Vronkhar
- 2 battalions of Easterling Pikemen
- 2 battalions of Axemen of Khand
- 1 battalion of Haradrim Archers
- 1 battalion of Haradrim Lancers

You can train:
- Easterling Pikemen
- Easterling Archers
- Haradrim Archers
- Haradrim Lancers
- Axemen of Khand
- Corsairs of Umbar
- Corsair Ballista

Objectives:
- Destroy the elven settlements in the area.
- Destroy the main elven outpost.

The elven settlements have small defenses, only on or two towers and some battalions of Cuiveinen Pikemen and Avari Warriors are defending them. There are also Cuiveinen Horsemen patrolling between the villages.

Sometimes the elves send out small attacks. The attack groups are made up from Cuiveinen Pikemen, Cuiveinen Horsemen, Avari Warriors and Moriquendi Archers.

The elves don't have upgrades.

After destroying the villages and the outpost, an army arrives, led by Talgor, leader of Cuiveinen...

Talgor: You may have destroyed these villages, East-Ruler, but now you will suffer your rightful punishment ! Come, my elven brethren and my brave allies ! Let's cleanse these lands from evil's taint !
Pallando: Ah, Talgor, captain of Cuiveinen. Such courage and bravery... must be undone.

New Objectives:
- Defeat the opposing army.
- Kill Talgor, captain of Cuiveinen.

The enemy army is made up from 3 battalions of Cuiveinen Pikemen, 2 battalions of Moriquendi Archers, 2 battalions of Avari Warriors, 4 battalions of Cuiveinen Horsemen, 4 Khazad Warriors and 2 battalions of Dwarves of Orocarni (all battalions fully upgraded), and Talgor* (level 10)

*Talgor has the following abilities:
Level 1 - Mount / Unmount (he's mounted in the mission)
Level 1 - Blademaster
Level 3 - Leadership
Level 7 - Glorius Charge

Once you defeat the opposing army and Talgor is killed:

Pallando: Well done, my servants ! Talgor is no more. Nothing can save Cuiveinen now !

"Once more, Sauron's warriors stand triumphed !"

VICTORY !

Mission 1/b - Strike at Cuiveinen

"I expected this to happen... but not so soon. Pallando is much faster and cunning than I thought before. What a fool I am... I should have known, since we are actually "brothers". We are both Istari - beings sent by the Valar to defend the land from Evil.

Pallando has failed, and became evil himself. My heart is heavy that it is I, Alatar the Blue, his former comrade, have to protect the East from Pallando now.

Cuiveinen is in grave danger... but there's still hope. After Talgor's death, his son, Tulamdir has ascended to the throne of Cuiveinen - and he has even more potential than he thinks !

I had a discussion with him: while he and his allies stop Pallando's armies, I will venture into his personal lair, Rholavion, and raise a rebellion against him. If I act fast enough, the threat Pallando means will be over.
"

Map type: Cuiveinen, the player holds a small fortress and some farms around it. No creep bases.

Starting scene:

Cuiveinen Officer: Captain, we've located FOUR enemy bases around the fortress. I'm sure they won't stop until our fortress will be destroyed. We must defend our position and drive back the invaders as soon as possible !

Starting army:
- Tulamdir (level 1)
- 2 battalions of Cuiveinen Pikemen
- 2 battalions of Avari Warriors
- 1 battalion of Cuiveinen Horsemen

You also have some buildings in the fortress.

You can train:
- Cuiveinen Pikemen
- Cuiveinen Horsemen
- Avari Warriors
- Moriquendi Archers

Objectives:
- Defend the fortress from incoming attacks.
- Destroy the enemy camps.

The attacks are medium-sized, and the attacking groups are made up from Corsairs of Umbar, Corsair Ballistas, Axemen of Khand, Variag Horsemen, Haradrim Archers, Haradrim Lancers, Easterling Pikemen, Easterling Archers.

The enemy units have their weapons upgraded.

There are 4 enemy bases: a Haradrim base, an Easterling base, a Corsair / Variag base and a greater "common" base.

In the 4. base (the "common"), you encounter Ulwarth:

Ulwarth: Ah, the son of Targon has come personally. Come, boy, and join your father !
Tulamdir: Foul creature ! Where is your master ? He's the one I seek to slay, not you !
Ulwarth: He is... elsewhere, Taking care of Alatar. Nobody can save your wizard friend now, as well as nobody can save YOU. Now, come closer !

New Objective:
- Defeat Ulwarth.

Once Ulwarth's health reaches a certain amount (below 25%):

Ulwarth: You are stronger than I thought, little elf. Enjoy your victory while you can ! We'll meet again !
Tulamdir: Hey ! Come back, coward !
Ulwarth: Sorry, but I must leave. Don't worry, next time only one of us will leave alive.

Ulwarth escapes !

Now, continue your job and destroy the rest of the enemy camps. Once you finish:

Tulamdir: We've won, my brethren ! But I fear Alatar is in great danger... I hope he'll still succeed.

"Brave heroes have slain the forces of evil !"

VICTORY !

Mission 2 - Just a Fool's Hope

"My forces had to retreat from Cuiveinen. No matter. It is only a matter of time when the entire East and West will bow to the Dark Lord.

However, now I must attend to my former comrade: Alatar. He thinks he can stop me. Little does he know that I expected his visit...

He dared to venture deep into my territory and tried to turn my servants against me. Soon, he'll find himself in a trap, from where there's no escape...
"

Map type: an area near Rholavion; few creep bases, mostly Goblin Caves.

Starting scene:

Suladan: Pallando ! That cursed wizard has turned many of our warriors against us ! Even some of my own men had joined him ! You have to do something !
Pallando: Fear not, my friend. I have been expecting Alatar's arrival. I have a nice suprise for him... Boldog is waiting for my signal to launch an attack, and Ulwarth will return soon as well. Until the time comes, we should rally our remaining forces.

Starting army:
- Pallando
- Suladan
- Fuinur
- 3 battalions of Easterling Pikemen
- 2 battalions of Easterling Archers
- 3 battalions of Haradrim Archers
- 2 Wainriders
- 2 battalions of Black Easterlings

You can train:
- Easterling Pikemen
- Easterling Archers
- Haradrim Archers
- Haradrim Lancers
- Haradrim Spear Throwers
- Axemen of Khand
- Variag Horsemen
- Corsairs of Umbar
- Corsair Ballista
- Mumakil Horde
- Wainriders
- Black Easterlings

Objectives:
- Quell Alatar's rebellion.
- Defeat Alatar.
- BONUS: Capture the Signal Fire and then Boldog will come with orc reinforcements.

-----------
BONUS: if you capture the nearby Signal Fire, then after capturing it, Boldog will arrive 5 minutes later, with reinforcements:

Boldog's army is made up from 4 battalions of Orc Warriors, 2 battalions of Orc Archers, 1 battalion of Black Orcs, and 3 Catapults (all battalions fully upgraded), and Boldog himself.

They arrive just next to one of Alatar's camps.
-----------

Alatar has several smaller camps, and one bigger. His army is made up from Easterling Pikemen, Easterling Archers, Haradrim Archers, Haradrim Lancers, Haradrim Spear Throwers and Corsair Ballistas.

All enemy units are fully upgraded.

Until you destroy Alatar's bases, he will send smaller attack forces. They aren't strong (they are made up from 2-3 battalions) but they come very quickly, one after another, almost without pause.

Once you destroy the smaller camps, you encounter Alatar in the bigger one.

Alatar: What ? Pallando ? How ?!
Pallando: I am more clever than you expected, hm ? You were always so self-confident, brother...
Alatar: Return to the right path, Pallando ! It's not too late yet !
Pallando: It IS too late... for you.
Easterling Rebel: Master ! Flee ! We can't hold them back !
Alatar: Hold them as long as you can ! I'll return with help !

Alatar tries to escape !

Pallando: You were always so narrow-minded... now, my servants !

Suddenly, Ulwarth arrives with 3 battalions of Black Easterlings and 2 Wainriders !

Ulwarth: You are trapped now wizard... there's no way out.
Alatar: ...so be it. I've lost, but I won't go down without a fight !

You need to catch and defeat Alatar. It won't be easy: he's on level 10, and he also summons some elven reinforcements to him: 2 battalions of Cuiveinen Horsemen, 3 battalions of Cuiveinen Pikemen, and 2 battalions of Moriquendi Archers (all battalions are fully upgraded).

Once you defeat Alatar:

Pallando: Don't kill him, idiots ! I want to have words with him. Take him to the prison !

"The enemy had been crushed !"

VICTORY !

Mission 3 - Dasron's Way

"I had been thrown into a prison near Rholavion, Pallando's lair. My powers are sealed away, and I realized that there is no hope for Pallando now.

But there's hope for others: the different free nations of the East had forged an alliance to counter the threat of Pallando together ! But they fear they won't be able to stand against Pallando's shadow on their own.

King Bladorthin II, ruler of Dorwinion has sent an ambassador to Rivendell, to the Council of Elrond to ask for help. This embassador is no else than Dasron, Merchant Lord of Dorwinion. Accompanied by his bodyguards and his loyal assistant, Tharna, a young but skilled adventurer, Dasron must reach the borders of Dorwinion in safety.

But I fear Pallando knows about this... if he does, Dasron and Tharna will have a hard journey.
"

Map type: wasteland, many creep bases (mostly Orc Camps); there's a central road.

Starting scene:

Tharna: Our way was peaceful so far, master Dasron, but I have a bad feeling about this place... I feel as if someone or something would be... watching us.
Dasron: I feel like you, Tharna... but focus on the journey. Whatever this road holds for us, we have to reach Rivendell as soon as possible !

Starting army:
- Dasron (level 1)
- Tharna (level 1)
- 3 battalions of Dorwinion Soldiers (fully upgraded, start on level 4)
- 2 battalions of Dorwinion Bowmen (fully upgraded, start on level 4)
- 1 battalion of Avari warriors (fully upgraded, start on level 4)

You don't have any base, as well as Builders this time.

Objectives:
- Bring Dasron to the selected location on the map.
- Both Dasron and Tharna must survive.
- BONUS: There are some people from Helkar in this area. Meet with them and ask for help*.

*(You can't see them on the map, you have to find their camp yourself; it's well-hidden, and not easy to reach.)

-----------
BONUS: if you meet with the Helkar people:

Rider of Helkar: Ah, greetings, travellers. What brings you to our humble camp ?
Dasron: I am Dasron, Mechant Lord of Dorwinion, and this is my company. We are here to-
Rider of Helkar: Oh, I see ! We've heard that you're on a way to Rivendell, aye ? Well, then we better go with you. The road became quite dangerous lately. Orcs and bandits are harassing the travellers ! It's safer to go together.
Tharna: Any kind of help is welcome, noble riders. Come, let's team up !

The Helkar people join you:

Two battalions of Riders of Helkar join you (they have upgraded weapons and start on level 3), plus you gain a small base:

An Outpost (provides resources), 2-3 Farms, an Armory, and a Stables.

From now on, you can train Riders of Helkar from the Stables !
-----------

The road isn't safe. There are many creep bases, and sometimes you get attacked by Corsairs of Umbar, Easterling Pikemen, Easterling Archers, Haradrim Archers, Haradrim Lancers, Haradrim Spear Throwers, Orc Warriors and Orc Archers.

The attacks are small (only 1-3 battalions at any time), but enemy units start on level 3 and have their weapons upgraded.

On the end of the road, you encounter a big enemy group, led by Fuinur:

Fuinur: Well, well, who do we see 'ere ? The Merchant Lord of Dorwinion and his lackies !
Dasron: Oh, no... how will we get trough a gang like this ?!
Fuinur: Ehehehe, don't worry, we'll let you pass, just give us a few things... like EVERYTHING you have - weapons, money, food, water - and then we'll see !
Tharna: Watch your tongue, pirate scum ! We've come this far, and we WILL pass !
Fuinur: Woo-ho, a sharp tongue you 'ave 'ere, boy ! Let's see how sharp is it when I cut it out ! Teach 'im a lesson, boys !

New Objectives:
- Defeat Fuinur's gang.
- Defeat Fuinur himself.

Fuinur's gang is made up from 3 battalions of Corsairs of Umbar, 1 battalion of Black Numenorian Marauders, 2 battalions of Easterling Pikemen and 2 battalions of Haradrim Archers (all fully upgraded) and Fuinur himself.

Once Fuinur's health reaches a certain amount (below 40%):

Fuinur: Whoo, you really know some tricks, boy ! Sadly, I must leave now...
Tharna: Spineless coward ! Come back here !
Fuinur: Why should I ? You'll have enough trouble with my laddies, ehehehe !
Dasron: Watch out, Tharna ! Enemy riders are approaching !

Fuinur escapes, and you suddenly get assaulted from two sides by Haradrim Lancers (they don't have any upgrades) - 2 per side, so 4 battalions in total.

Haradrim Lancer: We must CRUSH the West !

If you still prevail, and reach the end of the road:

Dasron: It was a hard fight. I hope we won't encounter these bandits again...
Tharna: Don't worry so much, master Dasron. I'm sure the rest of our journey to Rivendell will be quite peaceful.

"Honor and bravery have taken this day !"

VICTORY !

Mission 4 - Siege of Hildorien

"Dasron and Tharna finally reached the city of Rivendell in safety. But the ask for help was not answered, because each of the western realms has its own problems. Rohan and Gondor are already under heavy pressure, as well as most of the elven and dwarven lands.

The journey was without result, and Pallando doesn't rest: most of Cuiveinen had been devastated, and Pallando had already chosen his next target: the country of Hildorien.

But hope still lives. A new leader has arisen amongst the people of Hildorien, named Borlach. He raised an army and sent word to the other realms, and is now waiting for reinforcements. The allies of Hildorien - the brave Dwarves of Orocarni, led by Ratvith the dwarven lord, the people of Helkar and Dorwinion, led by King Bladorthin II, king of Dorwinion and the Elven warriors, led by Tulamdir - now all march to Hildorien to lend a hand to Borlach.

Whatever Pallando plans, he won't find the free peoples of the East unprepared !
"

Map type: Hildorien, the player holds a kind of "natural fortress". The enemy can come from THREE different paths. Few creep bases, mostly Orc Camps.

Starting scene:

Borlach: Stand strong, men of Hildorien ! Our allies are even now marching quickly to aid us in battle ! Together, we'll stop the shadow today ! We'll fight a glorious battle against the East-Ruler and force him to go back to his little rathole !

Starting army:
- Borlach (level 1)
- 4 battalions of Hildorien Pitchforkers (start on level 2)
- 2 battalions of Hildorien Axemen (start on level 2)
- 3 battalions of Dwarves of Orocarni (upgraded weapons, start on level 2)

You can train:
- Dorwinion Peasants
- Hildorien Pitchforkers
- Hildorien Axemen
- Riders of Helkar

Objectives:
- Protect your fortress from incoming attacks.
- Hold your position long enough until Ratvith arrives with dwarven reinforcements.

The enemy attacks are medium-sized, and the enemy attacks only from ONE path yet. The enemy attacks are made up from:

Easterling Pikemen, Easterling Archers, Wainrider, Haradrim Archers, Haradrim Lancers, Haradrim Spear Throwers, Corsairs of Umbar, Corsair Ballista, Orc Warriors, Orc Archers

All enemy units are fully upgraded.

After 10 minutes, Rathvith arrives with reinforcements:

Ratvith: Ahah ! Borlach ! Good to see you, old mate !
Borlach: Just in time, as always, Ratvith ! Come, let's fight together like old times !
Ratvith: Now, that's the spirit ! Breware, evil ! Here comes RATVITH !

Ratvith's group is made up from 2 battalions of Dwarves of Orocarni (fully upgraded), 3 Khazad Warriors, and Ratvith (level 2)

From now on, you can train Dwarves of Orocarni and Khazad Warriors* !

*There's an Inn, that's how you can train them. But you can't train any other Inn units !

Pallando: Friendship will not save Hildorien from its fall. Fuinur, Boldog ! Prepare your elite warriors !

From now on, amongst the enemy groups new types of battalions appear: Black Numenorian Marauders, Black Orcs.

Plus, now the enemy will attack from TWO paths, and the attacks become larger !

New Objective:
- Hold your position long enough until King Bladorthin II will arrive with dorwinian reinforcements.

After 15 minutes, Bladorthin arrives with reinforcements:

Bladorthin: The people of Dorwinion are here ! We stand together with Hildorien and Orocarni !
Borlach: You are welcome, King of Dorwinion. Come, join the fray !

Bladorthin's army is made up from 3 battalions of Dorwinion Soldiers, 1 battalion of Dorwinion Bowmen, 1 battalion of Ridrs of Helkar (all battalions fully upgraded), Dasron, and Bladorthin (level 3).

From now on, ou can train Dorwinion Soldiers and Dorwinion Bowmen !

Pallando: As your faith grows, so does my patience run lower. Now you shall witness the wrath of the Variags, first hand !

From now on, amongst the enemy groups new types of battalions appear: Axemen of Khand, Variag Horsemen.

Plus, now the enemy will attack from THREE paths, and the attacks become even more stronger !

New Objective:
- Hold your position long enough until Tulamdir will arrive with elven reinforcements.

10 minutes later, Tulamdir arrives with reinforcements !

Tulamdir: The East-Ruler may have destroyed my homeland, but I won't let him to destroy the other realms as well ! We'll help and protect Hildorien !
Borlach: Great ! Perfect timing, my elven friend !

Tulamdir's group is madeup from 2 battalions of Cuiveinen Pikemen, 1 battalion of Cuiveinen Horsemen and 1 battalion of Avari Warriors (all battalions are fully upgraded) and Tulamdir himself.

From now on, you can train Cuiveinen Pikemen, Cuiveinen Horsemen, Avari Warriors and Moriquendi Archers !

Borlach: What do you say NOW, East-Ruler ? We all stand united against you !
Pallando: Such foolishness ! You REALLY think you can stop me ? Behold the power of darkness, and tremble !

From now on, amongst the enemy groups new types of battalions appear: Black Easterlings, Soldiers of Rhun, Wraiths of Rhun.

Plus, the attacks become even more stronger - not to mention that Pallando invokes the Darkness power !

Easterling Officer: Their faith weakens ! NOW, MEN OF DARKNESS !

New Objective:
- Defend the fortress until Pallando will run out of troops.

After several extremly great attack waves, it will happen...

Ratvith: HAH ! We've won !
Tulamdir: You've run out of warriors, East-Ruler ! Give up !
Pallando: You just don't understand it, do you ? I always have a second plan !
Dorwinian Scout: Sire ! An entire army of Haradrim are coming... just from behind our base !
Bladorthin: WHAT ?!?

An army of Haradrim, Variags, Mumakils, Half-Trolls and Corsairs come in - from behind !

Borlach: No...! How could this happen ?!
Suladan: I'm not called the Black Serpent of Harad for nothing ! Now, my little mumaks ! Trample these scum down !
Tulamdir: We can't stand against an army of that size ! Quickly ! We must flee !

New Objective:
- Bring Borlach to the selected area on the map.
- All heroes must survive.

It won't be easy... while the Haradrim and Variag forces devastate your base, you get attacked by parties of Black Easterlings, Soldiers of Rhun and Wainriders.

Not to mention that after your base is destroyed, Suladan's forces will start to chase you...

If you still prevail:

Borlach: Alright, we could escape in safety. But it's clear now that we can't defeat Pallando without help...
Tulamdir: I know someone who could help... it's Alatar the Blue wizard, but he's trapped in Rholavion now.
Ratvith: But if he truly can help, then we have no choice but to rescue him.
Bladorthin: Right. You three will form a saving party, while I'll go back to Dorwinion and prepare the defenses of Jarkand.
Borlach: Then it's settled.

"There's still hope..."

VICTORY !

Mission 5 - Freeing Alatar

"Pallando's forces have taken over Hildorien, but his armies suffered heavy losses. They will need much time to recover from their wounds. Perhaps enough time for Dorwinion to prepare for a heavy siege.

While King Bladorthin prepares the defenses of Jarkand, the rest of the heroes - Tulamdir, Ratvith and Borlach - formed a small rescue party to free me from my prison. Without a serious help from inside, it's impossible... but I had prepared some help for them...

I was able to clear the hearts of some Easterlings. Maybe with such helpers, their mission will be succesful...
"

Map type: Rholavion, Pallando's sea fortress; 3 smaller islands - each has a Signal Fire on it.

Starting scene:

Ratvith: Alright, laddies, we're here. But where can be Alatar ?
Tulamdir: I think I know where he can be...
Ratvith: Really ? How ?
Tulamdir: Alatar can communicate with animals, just like we elves and the other wizards do. And now, where do you see most birds in the area ?
Borlach: Alatar is really tricky...
Ratvith: So, what are we waiting for ?!
Tulamdir: Patience, master dwarf. I'm waiting for a messenger... ah, it seems he's here !
(a bird flies in...)
Borlach: THAT is a messenger ?!
Tulamdir: Hmm... judging from his words, Alatar has prepared some help for us. The prison island is not too far, but it's heavly guarded, both in- and outside. We'll need more warriors and some siege engines to free him...
Ratvith: And how will we get some HERE ?
Tulamdir: Alatar was able to clean the hearts of some Eastelings. These are now on one of the surrounding islands, and on a third island, some siege engines are kept.
Borlach: Sounds like a plan...
Tulamdir: Alatar is not a wizard for nothing. But now, let's get to work ! If we act swiftly, Pallando won't be able to chase us.

Starting army:
- Borlach
- Ratvith
- Tulamdir
- 2 battalions of Hildorien Axemen (fully upgraded)
- 2 battalions of Dorwinion Bowmen (fully upgraded)
- 1 battalion of Cuiveinen Pikemen (fully upgraded)

You don't have any buildings in this mission, and you don't have builders.

You can't train anything now. How would you do so, without buildings ?

Objectives:
- Free Alatar by destroying the Prison.
- BONUS: Capture some siege engines.
- BONUS: Meet with the friendly Easterlings.
- WARNING: Do NOT capture the Signal Fires ! If you do, the enemy will send out several battalions to investigate what happened...

-----------
BONUS 1: you can capture 3 Corsair Ballistas on one of the islands. You just need to slay the guards and then go near to the ballistas.

BONUS 2: you can meet with some friendly Easterlings on one of the islands:

Easterling Rebel: The master's friends are here ! Now, men of Light ! Overthrow the East-Ruler !
Easterling Officer: What ? A rebellion ?! To arms, soldiers ! Kill the traitors !
Tulamdir: These must be the Easterlings the bird told about ! Let's help them !

The friendly company is made up from 3 battalions of Easterling Pikemen, 1 battalion of Easterling Archers, and 1 battalion of Soldiers of Rhun (all fully upgraded).

The opposing company is made up from 4 battalions of Easterling Pikemen, 2 battalions of Easterling Archers, and 1 Wainrider (all fully upgraded).

If you help the friendly Easterlings and win, the surviving units join you !
-----------

There's a Shipyard and an Outpost just after the start. If you capture them, you'll be able to train ships ! But only Transport Ships and Battle Ships.

You can try to free Alatar right in the beginning, but it will be very hard without the siege engines. You should visit the other small islands first and meet with the friendly Easterlings, and capture the Corsair Ballistas.

On the prison island, a great enemy company awaits you:

2 Wainriders, 4 battalions of Black Easterlings, 2 battalions of Wraiths of Rhun, 3 battalions of Haradrim Spear Throwers (all starts on level 2 and have upgraded armor) and Ulwarth.

Ulwarth: Ahh, we meet again, elf... as I promised, this time only one of us will leave alive.
Tulamdir: I don't fear you, wraith ! I had defeated you once, and I shall defeat you once more !
Ulwarth: We shall see...

New Objective:
- Kill Ulwarth.

If you defeat him:

Tulamdir: Your time is over, wraith !
Ulwarth: Fool... do you really think it's so easy to kill ME ? You've won now, but it's not over yet... see you next time !

Once you destroy the Prison, Alatar comes out and joins your party:

Alatar: Greetings, my friends. I hope freeing me wasn't a great trouble.
Ratvith: Eh, we've had harder times...
Borlach: So you are Alatar the Blue, right ?
Alatar: Yes, but we'll discuss such things later. Now we must escape !

New Objective:
- Bring Alatar to the starting point.

In the starting point, you encounter a bad company:

4 battalions of Black Easterlings (fully upgraded), 1 battalion of Wraiths of Rhun, 2 battalions of Half-Trolls of Far Harad (fully upgraded)

Pallando: Leaving so soon, old friend ? Don't be so hasty.
Alatar: You can't hold me back, Pallando ! Form up, warriors !

If you prevail:

Alatar: We've won ! Now we must hurry to Jarkand !

"The heroes of Middle-Earth are victorius !"

VICTORY !

Mission 6/a - Kalorme

"We succesfully escaped from Pallando's territory. We marched back to Jarkand as soon as we could, and had a great meeting there.

During this time, the king of Rhun died, and now Pallando took his place, gaining absolute control over Rhun's armies.

But hope still lives. Pallando has sent several small armies to aid Sauron's forces in besiegeing Gondor, for it seems Gondor easly stood against the early attacks from the orcs and trolls of Sauron. And in Jarkand, a final alliance was forged by men, dwarves and elves, to raise common armies and stand in total union against the shadow of Pallando !

But we still need more allies. Even with combined armies, the free peoples of the East can't defeat Pallando. They could just hold him back, but couldn't defeat him. And as Pallando's strenght grows, so does the might of his armies.

Tharna, Dasron's loyal servant told me about an ancient legend, which was about the mystical "wraith of Kalorme" and his forgotten people. Just a legend... but I have seen many legends those were somehow real. I asked Tharna to investigate it, while I travel to Gondor and ask for help there.

I myself heard many tales about Kalorme and the dreaded Last Desert... terrible tales. I don't know if I should hope they are true or hope they are false... I just hope Tharna will retun in safety.
"

Map type: Last Desert / Kalorme; this is a HUGE map. Most of it is desert, with an EXTREME amount of creep bases: Cave Troll Lairs, Goblin Caves, Orc Camps, Spiderling Nests... and there's a big mountain in the east; not just a mountain, it has caves and finally, an smaller underground city...

Starting scene:

Tharna: So, this is the fabled Last Desert... and far to the east, there's the mountain of Kalorme. Be careful, men... there are many terrible tales about the creatures of the desert.
(suddenly, a great Black Eagle flies over the men's heads...)
Tharna: Wha... incredible... the Black Eagle of Kalorme ! If he exists, then most likely the "wraith of Kalorme" exists, too ! Come ! Let's follow the eagle !

Starting army:
- Tharna
- 3 battalions of Adventurers (start on level 2)
- 1 battalion of Avari Warriors (has upgraded armor, start on level 2)

You don't have any building nor Builders this time.

You can't train any units in this mission.

Objectives:
- Follow the Black Eagle.
- BONUS: destroy 12 Creep Bases.

-----------
BONUS: if you destroy 12 Creep Bases (regardless of type), your battalions will be allowed to to upgrade their weapons !
-----------

The path of the Black Eagle is shown on the map. You just simply need to follow this path. But you can also go for some monster hunt first (see BONUS objective). Anyway, if you follow the Eagle's path, after some time you get attacked by Were-Worms !

Tharna: What ?! Oh, no... These are Were-Worms ! Demons of the old times ! RUN ! They are too much for us ! Go, climb up to the mountain !

New Objective:
- Bring Tharna to the selected location on the map (the entrance of a mountain cavern).

If you do so:

Tharna: Huh... finally... but how will we go back ? Damn...
(strange warriors come in...)
Strange Warrior: Stop right there ! Who are you ?
Tharna: Um... I'm Tharna, and this is my company. We came here to... um... investigate that the legend of Kalorme is true or not...
Strange Warrior: Ehehe, you'll soon see it yourself, boy ! But be careful. The caves aren't safe. Originally, that's why we were sent here. But important things first. Come, follow us ! We'll bring you to our leader.
Tharna: Suuure...

2 battalions of Guardians of Kalorme (on level 4) join your party !

New Objectives:
- Meet with the leader of the strange warriors.
- BONUS: Cleanse the caves from monsters.

-----------
BONUS: you can cleanse the smaller caves from monsters, if you wish. No reward, just a little bonus experience.

In the caves, you can encounter:
Mountain Giant, Cave Troll, Goblin Warriors, Goblin Archers, Spiderlings, Orc Warriors, Orc Archers, Fire Drake
-----------

The location of the "leader" is shown on the map. Just go to him, you won't encounter (too many) monsters this time.

Once you meet with him:

Strange Warrior: Your Majesty, we've found these people in the western side of the mountain. It seems they were attacked by Were-Worms.
???: Ah, another group of wandering adventurers, hmm ? Return to your posts, warriors. I want to have words with them personally.
Strange Warrior: Yes, sir !
(the Guardians of Kalorme leave)
???: So... who are you ?
Tharna: I'm Tharna the adventurer, and this is my company. We were following a giant Black Eagle when we were attacked by Were-Worms. Aaand... who are you ? And... what is this entire place ?! I never expected an underground city beneath Kalorme... please tell me your history !
???: I am the "wraith of Kalorme"... my name... is Akrothir. In ancient times, I was a captain of Numenor, a brave man, the first person in Middle-Earth who dared to venture into the Last Desert. I've lost my comrades by the time I managed to reach the mountain... they were devoured by the monstrous beings of the desert. I climbed Kalorme, and ventured into its dephts... and I found many wonderful things. An underground river, with pure water... plants those live beneath the surface and can be eaten or used for healing... rare ores, rivalizing with Mithril in durability... and I then found myself trapped in the mountain. I became chained to it. Kalorme is a place with immense natural magic, and this magic made me... immortal. But it had a high price. Later, Kalorme became a place visited by many forgotten people: outlaws, banned men, wanderers, refugees... and those who reached the mountain and met with me, decided to stay. Kalorme gave them a new chance for life. And then this city was founded. And now, we are an entire nation, with our own empire, in the heart of the Last Desert !
Tharna: Wow ! Really interesting... but the monsters-
Akrothir: We don't fear ANY monster. Thanks to my combat skills and my faithful warriors, no beast was EVER able to reach the city's borders. But now, tell me about your own mission, Tharna.
Tharna: We were sent by Alatar the Blue wizard... I've told him the legend about the "wraith of Kalorme" - you - and he sent me to investigate it. We need your help to stop the shadow of the East, Pallando, the evil wizard.
Akrothir: Sorry, my friend, but I can't help you. I'm trapped here. I can't leave the mountain. All I can do for you is to lead you out of the desert in safety.
Tharna: ...and your people ?
Akrothir: I don't endanger them for nothing. This is not their war. Nor it is mine.
Tharna: ...then please, lead us out of here. We'll need to go back to our people as soon as possible.
Akrothir: So be it.

Akrothir (level 5) joins your group with 2 battalions of Fists of Kalorme (fully upgraded) !

New Objective:
- Bring Tharna to the selected location on the map.

You encounter several monsters (Cave Troll, Mountain Giant, Fire Drake, Goblin Warriors, Goblin Archers, Spiderlings, Orc Warriors, Orc Archers) on your way. And, in the end of the path, you meet with Groth the Worm !

Groth the Worm: Pathetic mortals ! You dared to venture into my territory, and now you think you can leave so simply ?! No, you won't !
Akrothir: Stand aside, Groth ! The Mountain is MY empire ! You have no power here !

New Objective:
- Defeat Groth the worm.

Not an easy thing, because Groth starts on level 10, but with Akrothir and the Fists of Kalorme, you have some chance.
If you succeed:

Groth the worm: AAARRGH ! Curse you, Akrothir ! I'll be back !
Tharna: Thanks for your help, Akrothir ! Without your help, he would have devoured us !
Akrothir: It was nothing. Groth's bark is worse than his bite. Now you can leave. Just follow the Black Eagle. The Were-Worms won't harass you.
Tharna: Thanks again Akrothir... but consider about what I've told. Until next time... farewell !

VICTORY !

Mission 6/b - Kalorme

"My armies are smaller now that I sent many of my warrior to aid the Dark Lord's armies in destroying Gondor. And the small countries of the East had finally came together and formed an alliance against me. They think they can stop me ! Such foolishness...

And from what I've heard from my faithful scouts - crows, serpens and such beings - they are searching for allies... in the Last Desert.

Alatar is not a fool. He must have a reason to send warriors there... but what could it be ?

Both the Easterlings and the Haradrim know many tales and legends about the monstrous beings of the Last Desert and the moutain of Kalorme. Maybe they aren't just legends... if they aren't, then I myself should visit the Last Desert, and who knows ? Maybe I'll actually find something... useful.

Useful enough to devastate entire Dorwinion...
"

Map type: Last Desert / Kalorme; same map as above

Starting scene:

Pallando: Ah, the Last Desert ! Soon, we'll see if the tales about the evil monsters of this place are true or not. Let's build up a camp here, and then start searching !

Starting army:
- Pallando
- Boldog
- 2 battalions of Easterling Pikemen
- 1 battalion of Easterling Archers
- 1 battalion of Variag Horsemen
- 2 Builders*

*1 Evil Men Builder and 1 Mordor Builder; the Mordor Builder can build Slaughterhouse / Orc Pit ONLY.

You need to build up a base yourself.

You can train:
- Easterling Pikemen
- Easterling Archers
- Dark Easterlings
- Haradrim Archers
- Haradrim Lancers
- Corsairs of Umbar
- Corsair Ballista
- Black Numenorian Marauders
- Axemen of Khand
- Variag Horsemen
- Orc Warriors
- Orc Archers
- Black Orcs

Objectives:
- Build up a Fortress.
- BONUS: Destroy 8 Spiderling Nests.
- BONUS: Destroy 6 Cave Troll Lairs.

-----------
BONUS 1: if you destroy 8 Spiderling Nests:

Boldog: My orcs have found some spiderling eggs in the destroyed nests ! Once they hatch, we'll be able to use them for our own purpose !

Now your Mordor Builder will be able to build Spiders' Nest and then you can train Spiderling battalions (but no Spider Riders) !

BONUS 2: if you destroy 6 Cave Troll Lairs:

Boldog: My orcs have captured several trolls ! Let my tamers handle them, and then they will serve our cause !

Now your Mordor Builder will be able to build Troll Cage and then you can train Mountain Trolls !
-----------

Once you built up a Fortress, you'll get attacked by a strange group: 2 Cave Trolls, 1 battalion of Goblin Archers (fully upgraded) and 1 battalion of Goblin Warriors (fully upgraded).

Goblin Warrior: Invaders again ! Kill them in name of Groth !

After the fight:

Pallando: Hmm... that "Groth" creature they spoke about must be the lord of this place. We must find this "Groth" as soon as possible ! Let's destroy his servants, and then he'll certainly come personally.

New Objective:
- Destroy all Fissures, Drake Lairs and Goblin Caves in the area and then the attacks will stop.
- BONUS: Investigate the mountain of Kalorme.

-----------
BONUS: if you go near to the mountain, you encounter a group of Fists of Kalorme:

Strange Warrior: What the- this must be the evil blue wizard Tharna told us about ! Come, let's report to the captain !

The Fists of Kalorme run into a cave.

Pallando: So, there are men living in the mountain, and Alatar managed to make contact with them, hmm ? How interesting. Forward, my servants ! Destroy them !

New Objective:
- BONUS: Find and destroy the camp of the strange warriors.

Until you destroy the camp (which is inside the mountain, in a cave), the strange warriors will send parties of Fists of Kalorme and Guardians of Kalorme (all fully upgraded) to attack you.

Once you destroy the camp:

???: So the evil blue wizard has come to harass my people ? You won't go any further !

Suddenly, there's a smaller earthquake, and then rocks fall and block the path which would lead further into the mountain.

Pallando: Such power...! Who could have done this ?!? ...bah. Not important. Let's focus back to our primary goal !

In the camp, there's some gold (you can get it if you destroy the buildings).
-----------

Until you destroy all Fissures, Drake Lairs and Goblin Caves (they form small bases), goblins, drakes and trolls will be harassing your base.

The enemy can send attack groups formed of Cave Trolls, Fire Drakes, Goblin Warriors, Goblin Archers.
The Goblins (both Warriors and Archers) have upgraded weapons.

Once you destroy all small bases, a Goblin King comes with a smaller army:

Goblin King: Intruders be stronger than we thought ! No matter ! Me will slice you and bring blue-head to Groth ! Groth will be pleased ! MWAHAHAHA !

The Goblin King's army is made up from 5 battalions of Goblin Warriors (upgraded armor, start on level 5), 3 battalions of Goblin Archers (upgraded weapons, start on level 3), 5 Cave Trolls (start on level 2), and the Goblin King himself (on level 10, his "Mount" ability is active)

Pallando: The goblins will regret their foolishness. Spare no-one !

New Objectives:
- Defeat the Goblin army.
- Kill the Goblin King.

After you defeat the Goblin King, Groth the Worm appears on the map - just next to your fortress, alongside with 3 Were-Worms and 4 Fire Drakes !

Groth the Worm: Fools ! You may have slain many of my servants, but I'm far stronger than that ! Face me if you dare !

New Objective:
- Defeat Groth the Worm.

If you succeed, there's a cutscene with Groth and Pallando:

Groth the Worm: NOOO ! How ?! Such power... I've never seen ANYTHING like THAT before !
Pallando: I'm not called the "East-Helper" for nothing, Groth.
Groth the Worm: Why have you ventured into my empire ? What do you want from me ?
Pallando: I require the services of your Were-Worms and you, mighty Groth. My goal is to devastate the free realms of the East, and with your assistance, it will be no problem. Join me, Groth, and there will be gold to grasp, cities to destroy and people to torture... without end !
Groth the Worm: So be it... from now on, my Were-Worms and I fight for you, East-Helper !

"There will be no dawn... for men."

VICTORY !

Mission 7 - Fall of Jarkand

"Now with Groth and his Were-Worms on my side, destroying Dorwinion won't be a problem. My forces have already devastated the outer territories, and we are marching straight forward Jarkand.

Jarkand is the capital city of Dorwinion, and a symbol to the dorwinian people. A symbol of freedom and hope. It is a dream that will end in devastation...
"

Map type: Dorwinion, Jarkand; a great, fortified city with some farmlands and vineyards around it.

Starting scene:

Pallando: Ah, Jarkand ! The proud capital city of Dorwinion. Soon it will be nothing but dust and rubble.
Suladan: My spies reported that the Merchant Lord, Dasron, and his bodyguard Tharna are also inside the city, along with King Bladorthin. We should kill them, and then the dorwinians will be without leaders !
Fuinur: And finally I could maim that troublesome boy !
Pallando: Be patient, my friends. There will be plenty of time to do so. Until then, let's prepare the army... and wait for our "special allies".
Vronkhar: ..."special allies" ?
Pallando: You'll see them soon enough. But now... let the siege begin !

Starting army:
- Pallando
- Ulwarth
- Fuinur
- Suladan
- Vronkhar
- Boldog
- Groth the Worm (level 4)
- 1 Wainrider
- 2 battalions of Axemen of Khand (start on level 2)
- 1 battalion of Soldiers of Rhun (start on level 2)
- 1 battalion of Easterling Archers (start on level 2)
- 3 builders*

*2 Evil Men Builders and 1 Mordor Builder; the Mordor builder can build Slaughterhouse / Orc Pit ONLY.

You need to build up a base yourself.

NOTE: this is the last "real" Evil Men mission. Here you can level up ALL heroes to level 10 !

You can train:
- Easterling Pikemen
- Easterling Archers
- Soldiers of Rhun
- Dark Easterlings
- Rhun Royal Guard
- Wainrider
- Haradrim Lancers
- Haradrim Archers
- Balchoth Archers
- Axemen of Khand
- Variag Horsemen
- Half-Trolls of Far Harad
- Oliphaunt Horde
- Mumakil
- Corsairs of Umbar
- Corsair Ballista
- Black Numenorian Marauders
- Were-Worm
- Orc Warriors
- Orc Archers
- Black Orcs
- Wraiths of Rhun*
- Black Numenorians*

*There's an Inn, that's how you can train them.

Objectives:
- Break the main gate of Jarkand.
- BONUS: Destroy all enemy buildings outside the city.

-----------
BONUS: you may destroy the dorwinian buildings around the city (farms and vineyards). No real reward, but at least you have more place for your own buildings...
-----------

The dorwinians defend the city well. There are quite a few towers and Dorwinion Bowmen are patrolling on the walls. Not to mention that the dorwinians will sometimes send attack forces to harass you.

The defensive forces of Jarkand and the attack forces are made up from Dorwinion Peasants, Hildorien Pitchforkers, Hildorien Axemen, Riders of Helkar, Dorwinion Soldiers, Dorwinion Bowmen, Merchants of Dorwinion, Cuiveinen Pikemen, Cuiveinen Horsemen.

All enemy battalions are fully upgraded.

But since now you can train the most elite Evil Men faction units, making up a strong army should be no problem (with enough resources).

NOTE: there are THREE gates... and ONE main road. The gate with the main road is the "main gate". The other two are side-gates, and are INVULNERABLE until the main gate is breached.

After breaking the main gate, Khamul will arrive !

Pallando: Ah, the Shadow of the East is finally here ! Come, commander of Sauron ! Let the REAL destruction begin !

Khamul's army is made up from 2 battalions of Black Orcs (fully upgraded), 3 battalions of Orc Archers (fully upgraded), 3 Catapults, 2 Attack Trolls, 1 Drummer Troll, 3 Mountain Trolls and Khamul (level 6).

Once Khamul arrives, your Mordor Builder will be able to build Great Siege Works and Troll Cage, and then you can train Mordor siege engines and Mordor trolls !

New Objective:
- Destroy all enemy buildings within Jarkand.
- BONUS: Destroy 75% of the civilian buildings inside Jarkand.

-----------
BONUS: you can destroy the civilian buildings, if you wish. Once you destroy 75% of civilian buildings, you get 10.000 resources ! But no further reward for destroying the remaining 25%.
-----------

You can start the real siege ! The dorwinians resist hard, though. In the middle of the city, you find Dasron, Tharna and Bladorthin:

Bladorthin: Oh, no... the defenses are broken, we're being slaughtered ! Come Dasron ! We must escape !
Dasron: No. In my entire life, I worked for the good of Jarkand, and I won't see my work destroyed by such monsters ! I will remain here !
Tharna: Flee, your majesty ! We'll cover your retreat ! Come master Dasron, let's show these bastards what is a REAL war !

Dasron is on level 10, and he's accompanied by several battalions of Dorwinion Bowmen and Dorwinion Soldiers, and of course, Tharna.

Tharna is INVULNERABLE until you kill Dasron !

Boldog: Master ! Tharna has gone CRAZY ! We can't even hit him ! What should we do ?!
Pallando: Leave the boy. Kill Dasron first. The death of his master will break him.

New Objetive:
- Kill Dasron the Merchant Lord.

Once you kill Dasron:

Dasron: Aaahh ! Tharna... flee...
Tharna: Master Dasron ! NOOO ! Damn you, Easterling scum ! You will pay for that ! Members of the Brown Company ! ATTACK !

Suddenly, battalions of Adventurers begin to show up in the different important points of the city ! They are all on level 5 and are fully upgraded !

New Objective:
- Defeat Tharna the adventurer.

Once Tharna's health reaches a certain amount (below 10%):

Tharna: I can't fight on... damn you, monsters ! You may have won now, but you haven't seen the last of me !

Tharna escapes ! After that, you can continue your work and destroy the rest of the city.

Once you finish:

Pallando: We have won ! The city of Jarkand is in ruins ! Sauron will be pleased !

"Sauron's dominion over Middle-Earth draws near..."

VICTORY !

Edited by MorrisB, 30 March 2008 - 07:25 PM.

Posted Image
---
"Well, I can't argue with that - modding IS hard. But what would have become of games like Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Dungeon Siege, Half-Life 1-2, Neverwinter Nights and BfME 1-2 if we, modders, weren't there ? They would have long been forgotten. Modding is hard, but it's an honorable thing." - MorrisB

#2 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 22 March 2008 - 12:09 PM

...since I've had some bad experience with long posts, here are the rest of the missions :rolleyes:

Mission 8 - Battle in the Desert

"I had a very nice time in Gondor. I've actually met with one of my "brothers" - Gandalf the Grey, who recently became Gandalf the White. We talked a lot, telling each other how things are going. After he heard what Pallando is doing, he persuated some soldiers to march to Dorwinion when I venture back.

One night, I had a terrible nightmare. We, Istari, usually don't have nightmares, unless something really terrible happens, somewhere far away...

Next day I said farewell to Gandalf, and alongside with the Gondorian soldiers, I went back to Dorwinion as fast as I could. But it was too late. Jarkand was in ruins, as well as most of the other Dorwinian cities.

Near a destroyed farm, I've met with Tharna, who was severly injured. He told me what happened while I was away. He told me about the results of his journey to the Last Desert, about the siege of Jarkand, and the death of Dasron. My heart is heavy. But Tharna also mentioned that the leaders managed to escape in safety, and he knows where they can be...

With the help of Tharna, I've soon met with the others. I was happy that the Free People of the East stand valiantly, like the men of Gondor. And we still stand a chance against Pallando, thanks to the new Gondorian reinforcements. Fokashin, the new leader of Helkar has also joined us with his remaining forces.

We've managed to capture several strategical oases. Pallando knows we're here, but he'll have a hard time trying to drive us out of here, for securing the supply roads in this area is not an easy task. I told Borlach to stand strong and drive back the attackers, and if victory is at hand, launch an attack, for Pallando wouldn't suspect it. While this happens, I'll be venturing to the mountain of Kalorme and meet with the king of the mountain - Akrothir.

I hope this time I'll return in good time...
"

Map type: desert-like; the player holds three oases, and the enemy has a greater base. Many creep bases.

Starting scene:

Borlach: Alright, men ! Listen ! We must hold these oases as long as possible ! But while we do so, we must harass the supply caravans of the enemy, and sooner or later they'll wear out ! Bladorthin and Tulamdir will also join the fray too ! But until then, let's get to work !

Starting army:
- Borlach
- Ratvith
- 3 battalions of Hildorien Pitchforkers
- 3 battalions of Dwarves of Orocarni
- 2 battalions of Hildorien Axemen
- 2 battalions of Gondor Pikemen

You have several buildings, but you can't train any Builders in this mission !

You can train:
- Dorwinion Peasants
- Dorwinion Soldiers
- Dorwinion Bowmen
- Hildorien Pitchforkers
- Hildorien Axemen
- Riders of Helkar
- Dwarves of Orocarni
- Merchants of Dorwinion
- Khazad Warrior*
- Gondor Pikemen*
- Adventurers*

*There's an Inn, that's how you can train them. But you can't train any other Inn units !

Objectives:
- Defend your bases.
- Destroy 5 enemy supply caravans.

The enemy will send moderate attacks. The attack frces are made up from:

Easterling Pikemen, Easterling Archers, Corsairs of Umbar, Corsair Ballista, Haradrim Archers, Haradrim Spear Throwers, Haradrim Lancers, Oliphaunt Horde, Mumakil, Axemen of Khand, Variag Horsemen, Wainrider

The enemy will send out supply caravans every 5 minutes. Once a caravan is sent out, it will be shown in ther map, and a scout reports:

Dorwinian Scout: Sir ! The enemy has sent out the next supply caravan !

After 5 destroyed caravans:

Dorwinian Scout: Sir ! We've located an outpost ! That's where they send out the supply caravans ! If we capture it, the enemy will be soon without food !

New Objective:
- Capture the Outpost.

The Outpost is defended by 2 battalions of Easterling Archers, 3 battalions of Easterling Pikemen, 1 battalion of Soldiers of Rhun and 2 Wainriders (all battalions fully upgraded).

Once you capture the Outpost:

Ratvith: Alright, laddies ! We have the Outpost ! But beware, for the enemy will soon discover that something is wrong ! We must hold the Outpost until they wear out !

The attacks on your bases will weaken (they will send very small attacks), but the enemy will send great forces to re-capture the Outpost !

New Objective:
- Hold the Outpost for 10 minutes.

If you succeed:

Borlach: The enemy is tired and can't fight on ! Perfect !
Dorwinian Scout: Sir ! We've located their base, which is still heavly guarded ! And the others say a large enemy army is coming !
Ratvith: Damn ! We should destroy the Easterlings' camp before their reinforcements would arive !

New Objectives:
- Defeat all enemies.
- BONUS: destroy the enemy base before the enemy reinforcements would arrive.

-----------
BONUS: you may destroy the enemy base before the reinforcements would arrive. No real reward, but if you don't destroy it, the defenders will team up with the coming army and you'll have to face combined forces ! It's up to you what you chose.
-----------

The enemy army will arrive in 12 minutes. Until then, you do what you want.

Once it arrives:

Dorwinian Scout: Sir ! Fokashin, Tulamdir and King Bladorthin will arrive soon ! We need to hold our positions until they arrive !

New Objective:
- Tulamdir's group is marching before Bladorthin's army. Hold your positions until Tulamdir arrives.

The enemy comes in waves - BIG waves. After a few waves, Fokashin arrives with reinforcements !

Fokashin: Ride, men of Helkar ! Prepare for the charge ! We will fight a glorius battle this day !

Fokashin's band is made up from 3 battalions of Riders of Helkar (fully upgraded) and Fokashin himself.

Dorwinian Scout: Sir ! Tulamdir will be arriving soon with elven reinforcements !

After a few waves, Tulamdir arrives with reinforcements !

Tulamdir: I'm here ! Come, my brethren ! Drive back our enemies !

Tulamdir's group is made up from 3 battalions of Cuiveinen Pikemen, 2 battalions of Cuiveinen Horsemen (all battalions fully upgraded and start on level 4) and Tulamdir himself.

Dorwinian Scout: Sir ! King Bladorthin will arrive soon, too ! We already see his army ! We need to hold out only a while longer !

New Objective:
- Hold your position until King Bladorthin will arrive with his army.

After several attack waves, he comes:

Bladorthin: The army of Dorwinion is here ! Now we shall avenge the loss of our beloved city and the death of Dasron ! Come, my people !

Bladorthin's army is made up from 5 battalions of Dorwinion Soldiers, 3 battalions of Dorwinion Archers (all battalions are fully upgraded) and Bladorthin himself.

Just after Bladorthin arrives:

Pallando: Together, again ? Last time you failed miserably. Why do you think this time you can win ?
Borlach: Last time you had a chance to backstab us, but not this time, East-Ruler ! This time you have no chance but to face us directly !
Pallando: So said the peasant to the king of the East. Armies of East and South, attack ! Leave non alive !

A great army arrives - this is the final attack ! Too bad that Pallando also invokes the Darkness power...

Easterling Officer: Their faith weakens ! NOW, MEN OF DARKNESS !

If you defeat the enemy army AND destroy the enemy base, you win !

Borlach: You see, East-Ruler ?! United we stand !
Pallando: You were lucky this time. But you just won a battle, not the war. We shall meet again !

"Brave heroes have slain the forces of evil !"

VICTORY !

Mission 9 - United We Stand

"While I'm on my own journey to Kalorme, Borlach and the others are left on their own. I was worrying. What if they can't hold the enemy back ? What if Pallando will come to the battlefield personally ? No-one could match his powers, expect for an another Istari...

But the birds told me good news. The Free Peoples of the East have defeated one of Pallando's main armies, which gave them some time ro regroup near the shores of Helkar.

Here, Borlach made a speech, filling the hearts of the assembled armies with new hope. Now thousands of men, elves and dwarves are moving to besiege the borders of Rhun, and then Rholavion itself !

But I think Pallando already awaits them... I hope they'll still prevail. I will reach Kalorme soon, and if I can persuade Akrothir to join us, then the war is most likely won. But Borlach and the others will have to fight a desperate battle until this happens.
"

Map type: Rhunic wasteland; few creep bases (mostly Goblin Caves and Orc Camps); the enemy has several bases, and holds a "natural fortress" with the main base on it.

Starting scene:

Borlach: Onward ! We are near to Rholavion ! This is the last obstance we need to overcome ! Fight bravely, men !
(Khamul flies by and frightens the soldiers)
Khamul: Fools ! If you really want to die, then you've found a good place ! You shall not pass unless you get past ME !
Bladorthin: We don't fear you, wraith ! We WILL pass ! Not even YOU can hold us back !
Khamul: Is that so ? Then meet me at the top of the nearby hills, and face me there !

Starting army:
- Borlach
- Bladorthin
- Tulamdir
- Ratvith
- Tharna
- 2 battalions of Riders of Helkar
- 3 battalions of Dorwinion Soldiers
- 2 battalions of Dwarves of Orocarni
- 1 battalion of Cuiveinen Pikemen

You can train:
- Dorwinion Peasants
- Dorwinion Soldiers
- Dorwinion Bowmen
- Dorwinion Battering Ram
- Merchants of Dorwinion
- Riders of Helkar
- Cuiveinen Horsemen
- Cuiveinen Pikemen
- Avari Warriors
- Hildorien Pitchforkers
- Hildorien Axemen
- Dwarves of Orocarni
- Moriquendi Archers
- Kine of Araw
- Gondor Pikemen*
- Khazad Warrior*
- Adventurers*

*You can capture an Inn, that's how you can train them.

Objectives:
- Destroy ALL enemy camps.
- Defeat Khamul, the Shadow of the East.

-----------
SECRET: This is NOT mentioned in the Objectives nor shown in the map. In a hidden corner of the map, you can find a MotW Builder, who will join you !

If you find him:

???: Oh... umm... hello ?
Ratvith: What the heck ?! Who are you ?
???: My name is Larry and I wanted to go to Rohan but I've lost my way and I asked a guy called <map creator's forum name> about directions... but it seems he tricked me. Anyway, if I'm already here I'll help you if you want !

From now on, you can build MotW buildings and train Gondorian units (but you can't train Rohan units, nor summon ANY heroes, and you can't make Ivory Tower in a MotW Fortress) !
-----------

Just after the beginning, Tulamdir says something:

Tulamdir: Fokashin is preparing his men for a suprise attack. He just waits for our signal.

New Objective:
- BONUS: Capture the Signal Fire and then Fokashin will lead a suprise attack against one of the enemy bases.

-----------
BONUS: If you capture the Signal Fire, then Fokashin will attack one of the smaller enemy bases: the Haradrim Camp (see below).

Fokashin: Look, the signal ! Now men ! CHARGE !

Fokashin's attack force is made up from 5 battalions of Riders of Helkar (fully upgraded and start on level 3) and Fokashin himself.
-----------

The enemy will attack in great waves, and all enemy units are fully upgraded.

There are FOUR enemy camps: Haradrim Camp, Variag/Corsair Camp, Easterling Camp, and a Common Camp (this is the main base, you can find Khamul here). Each sends out certain faction units.

So you can expect Haradrim, Mumakil and Half-Trolls coming out of the Haradrim Camp, but no Easterlings or Corsairs or Variags. Clear enough ?

I hope it is

In the last camp (the Common Camp), you encounter Khamul (he's on foot this time):

Khamul: You are brave... or just foolish enough to challenge ME ! Now you shall face the Shadow of the East, mortals !

You need to kill Khamul. It won't be a simple task, for he starts on level 10 - not to mention that he stands in the middle of the largest enemy base...

If you prevail:

Khamul: My power... vains... damned worms ! I'll be back !
Borlach: We've defeated Khamul ! At least he'll need some time to recover.... but we won't wait until he does so ! March, men ! To Rholavion !

VICTORY !

Mission 10 - Under the Walls of Rholavion

"My journey to Kalorme was succesful. I've met with Akrothir, and it seems he himself has realized the threat Pallando means. The only problem was the curse of the mountain, which chained Akrothir to Kalorme. By using a spell, I was able to "free" him.

Now all of the forgotten people of Kalorme are moving straight forward Rholavion: warriors wearing heavy armor, wielding spears and maces, led by the "wraith of Kalorme" - Akrothir.

While we are on the move, Borlach and the united armies of the Free Peoples of the East have almost reached Rholavion. The biggest battle of the East's history is about to begin.
"

Map type: Rholavion; same as the "Freeing Alatar" map

Starting scene:

Borlach: We have come this far... this is Rholavion, Pallando's main fortress. If we destroy it, then we have won the war.
Bladorthin: It won't be easy. Pallando is well-prepared for the siege. The city is protected by an entire army, and the walls are fortified.
Ratvith: But we have no time to waste ! Pallando might sent word to the other Easterling cities in the area ! If we don't act quickly we'll be surrounded !
Tulamdir: Ratvith is right. Easterling reinforcements could arrive at any time. We shouldn't wait for them.
Borlach: I just hope Alatar will return soon... until then... LET THE SIEGE BEGIN !

Starting army:
- Borlach
- Bladorthin
- Ratvith
- Tulamdir
- Tharna
- Fokashin
- 2 battalions of Dorwinion Soldiers
- 2 battalions of Riders of Helkar
- 2 battalions of Dwarves of Orocarni
- 1 battalion of Cuiveinen Pikemen

You can train:
- Dorwinion Peasants
- Dorwinion Soldiers
- Dorwinion Bowmen
- Dorwinion Battering Ram
- Merchants of Dorwinion
- Riders of Helkar
- Cuiveinen Horsemen
- Cuiveinen Pikemen
- Avari Warriors
- Hildorien Pitchforkers
- Hildorien Axemen
- Dwarves of Orocarni
- Khazad Warrior
- Moriquendi Archers
- Kine of Araw*
- Gondor Pikemen*
- Adventurers*

*You can capture an Inn, that's how you can train them.

Objectives:
- Break the gate of Rholavion.

Right after the beginning, Tharna says something:

Tharna: There are many prisoners kept on the nearby Prison Island. If we destroy the prison, the prisoners will might join us !

New Objective:
- BONUS: Destroy the Prison on the nerby prison island.

-----------
BONUS: you may destroy the Prison on one of the nearby islands. Just slay the guards, destroy a few towers and the Prison itself. The reward ?

2 battalions of Dorwinion Peasants, 1 battalion of Hildorien Pitchforkers and 1 battalion of Adventurers join your forces !

You also find some gold in the destroyed Prison.
-----------

The fortress is well-fortified, and Pallando sends out strong attacks. These attack forces can contain EVERY kind of possible Evil Men faction units (expect for Were-Worm), plus Orc Warriors, Orc Archers, Black Orcs, Mountain Trolls, Drummer Trolls, and Attack Trolls.

Once you break the gate:

Borlach: The gate is down ! Now, Free Peoples of the East ! Time to overthrow the East-Ruler !
Bladorthin: Don't be so hasty ! We should clear the outer areas first and slay the main commanders before marching to Pallando's Temple !

New Objectives:
- Kill Fuinur, captain of the Corsairs of Umbar.
- Kill Vronkhar, chieftain of the Variags of Khand.
- Kill Boldog, leader of the Orcs of the Ash Mountains.
- Kill Suladan, King of Harad.
- Kill Groth the Worm, Lord of the Last Desert.

Yeah, time for some leader-hunting ! The enemy leaders are ALL on level 10, but are seperated in the different corners of the fortress. They are accompanied by certain faction units: so, Fuinur is accompanied by Corsairs of Umbar and Black Numenorian Marauders, Boldog is accompanied by Black Orcs, Orc Archers, Attack Trolls, etc., I think you get it

There are small dialogues when you encounter a leader.

When you meet Fuinur:

Fuinur: Oohh, so you actually decided to show yer ugly face, boy ?
Tharna: Shut up, corsair scum ! Now you will pay for what you did to the people of Jarkand !
Fuinur: Whoo, yer tongue is still sharp, aye ? Come on, laddies ! Let's give 'em a fight ! Time for some PAIN !

Once you kill Fuinur:

Borlach: The corsair captain of Umbar is no more ! Finally, the seas will be safe from his taint !

When you meet Vronkhar:

Vronkhar: Damn you, little dorwinian freaks ! Why just can't you go back to your smelly wineyards and wait 'till everything is destroyed like you've always done before ?!
Ratvith: Watch you tongue, Variag ! Whoever insults my mates will meet with my sword !
Vronkhar: Ah, you brought your "little" friends with you, too ? Just perfect ! Attack, Variags of Khand !

Once you kill Vronkhar:

Borlach: The Variag leader of Khand has fallen ! March onward, my warriors !

When you meet with Boldog:

Boldog: Aahh ! You have broken trough the walls, but you won't get past ME ! Now you shall experience the wrath of Sauron, first hand !
Bladorthin: Your master isn't here to aid you, foul being ! You cannot stop our advance !

Once you kill Boldog:

Borlach: We have killed the leader of the orcs ! Now they won't fight so hard like they did before ! One more step towards victory !

When you meet with Suladan:

Suladan: You have come this far, but now your journey ends ! Now you shall face the horrors of Far Harad ! Come my Half-Trolls and Mumaks ! Kill them all !
Borlach: Your beasts are strong, king of Harad, but not even they will save you from downfall !

Once you kill Suladan:

Borlach: We've defeated the Black Serpent of Harad ! The Haradrim are breaking ! Rise up, warriors ! Victory draws near !

When you meet with Groth the Worm:

Groth the Worm: So we meet again, mortals ! But this time Akrothir isn't there to save your lives ! I shall burn and devour ALL of you !
Bladorthin: A big mount you have, beast ! Come, taste some of my Mithril Arrows !

Once you kill Groth the Worm:

Borlach: We have defeated the lord of the Last Desert ! He was the greatest of Pallando's servants... hopefully there never will be another like him. March forward ! Pallando's fall is at hand !

Pallando's Temple and the Inner areas are protected by a wall and a gate. These are INVULNERABLE until you finish the job. If you are finished:

Borlach: It's time to besiege the vermin's hole ! March to the Temple !

After some time, you can reach Pallando's Temple. This place is guarded by Ulwarth and his company, who stand just before the Temple:

Ulwarth: Ahh, welcome to my master's palace, weaklings.
Tulamdir: What ?! YOU ?! How-
Ulwarth: I've told you I won't die easly, little elf. And now, it's time for all of you to die !
Borlach: Stand back, Tulamdir... I will handle him myself !
Ulwarth: You want to die first ? Good. Come, and embrace the Darkness...

New Objectives:
- Defeat Pallando's Royal Guard.
- Kill Ulwarth.

Once you kill Ulwarth:

Borlach: ...and here goes his head ! The wraith captain of Pallando can finally rest in peace !

Tharna: We are at your doorstep, East-Ruler ! Nothing can save you now ! Come out before WE go inside !
Pallando: You have come this far, heroes of the East... but in the end, all that awaits you... is DEATH. Arise, demons of the ancient world !

Suddenly, Pallando invokes the Darkness power, and Gurthgul the Balrog appears alongside with several Were-Worms !

Tulamdir: What the-
Borlach: It's a Balrog !
Ratvith: Not just any Balrog ! This is Gurthgul, the Balrog of Utumno !
Tharna: And the Were-Worms ! NO !
Bladorthin: They are beyond any of us ! RUN !
Pallando: What happened to the brave heroes I saw only a few moments ago ? You don't mean to tell me it's already over, do you ?

Suddenly, Alatar appears on the map:

Alatar: No, Pallando. It's not over until I cleanse these lands from your taint !

Alatar is followed by Akrothir (on level 10), 3 battalions of Guardians of Kalorme and 3 battalions of Fists of Kalorme (all fully upgraded) !

Akrothir: Forgotten people of Kalorme ! Come ! This day the shadow over the East will end ! FOREVER !
Gurthgul the Blarog: WHAT ? An undead captain of numenor ? No matter ! No mortal being can challenge my power !
Akrothir: I am not a "mortal being", warrior of Utumno. But you'll realize it yourself when my sword will blow trough your heart !

From now on, you can build Hall of Kalorme and train Guardians of Kalorme and Fists of Kalorme !

New Objectives:
- Kill all Were-Worms.
- Defeat Gurthgul the Balrog.

Gurtgul is INVULNERABLE until Akrothir arrives. Once he arrives alongside with Alatar, this invulnerability ends. Throw in everything you got !

Once you defeat Gurthgul:

Akrothir: The Balrog of Utumno is no more ! Now, men of of forgotten ages ! March to the citadel ! Leave no enemy alive !

New Objectives:
- Destroy all enemy unit production buildings inside the fortress.
- Bring Alatar to Pallando's Temple.

Once you've done so:

Alatar: Come, my friends ! It's time to face our final enemy !

VICTORY !

Mission 11 - Masters of the East

"While Akrothir and his army are fighting the forces of Pallando, I went inside Pallando's Temple alongside with Tharna, Ratvith, Tulamdir and Borlach, for our quest is not over until Pallando falls. And it is time to face him, and free the East from his tiranny. We must act quickly, for not even the mighty men of Kalorme are able to hold back the Were-Worms for too long.

Pallando... you call yourself Romestamo - the East-Helper. But soon, I shall remind why am I called Morinehtar, the Darkness Slayer !
"

Map type: dungeon; this is Pallando's Temple - inside !

Starting scene:

Alatar: We stand close to our goal. But beware, my friends. There are many traps and evil beings ahead of us. But don't lose your faith ! Once Pallando falls, we have won !
Pallando (voice from nowhere): You came right into the heart of my empire, fools. You shall witness terrors like man had never seen before ! Step forward, and face me... if you dare !

Starting army:
- Alatar
- Borlach
- Ratvith
- Tulamdir
- Tharna

You don't have any buildings and can't recruit units in this mission !

NOTE: this is the final "Good" mission. You can level up ALL heroes to level 10 !

Objectives:
- Reach the 1. hall of the Temple.
- All heroes must survive.

This is quite simple. Jujst go straight forward, and you will reach the hall. On your way, you encounter Soldiers of Rhun, Axemen of Khand, Haradrim Spear-Throwers, Haradrim Archers, Easterling Archers, Balchoth Archers, Black Numenorian Marauders

Once you reach the hall, you find it filled with enemies...

Easterling Captain: ENEMIES OF SAURON !
Borlach: Wow, that's a LOT of enemies !
Alatar: Do not fear the servants of shadow ! Fight on !

Once you are finished:

Ratvith: Well... maybe Pallando lied. There was nothing too scary here...

(suddenly, a Kraken bursts from the floor !)

Tulamdir: A Kraken ! Watch out !
Tharna: Damn ! You should keep your mouth closed next time, master dwarf !

New Objective:
- Kill the Kraken.

Once you did it:

Ratvith: Oh, yeah ! That beast will not come back anytime soon, that's for sure !
Pallando (voice from nowhere): This was just one of my many servants. Come forth, heroes ! The game is just about to begin !

New Objective:
- Reach the main hall.

Just go forward. It's easy. Once you reach the entrace of the main hall:

Pallando (voice from nowhere): Alatar, do you remember the good times we spent together with our brothers ? Well, Saruman sends his greetings ! Accept this little gift from him !

The hall is filled with Uruk Warriors, Uruk Archers and Uruk Pikemen, all fully upgraded !!!

Uruk-hai Warrior: No mercy ! Slaughter them all !
Tharna: W- what are these creatures ?!
Alatar: The foul creatures of Saruman, from Isengard ! I don't know how did they get there, but we must get trough them !

Once you defeat all of the enemies:

Tulamdir: We have won ! But what now ? There are THREE passageways ahead of us.
Alatar: The middle-way leads us to Pallando's throne room. But the gates are locked, and it would take much time to break trough. We must explore the other two paths and see if there's a way to open the gates from there !

New Objectives:
- Explore the left passageway.
- Explore the right passageway.

LEFT PASSAGEWAY:

This leads to the hall of the Royal Guard - which is guarded by Soldiers of Rhun, Easterling Archers, and Rhun Royal Guard ! You also meet the guard captain, Dornath:

Dornath: Stop right there, intruders ! You won't go any further !
Borlach: Who are you ?
Dornath: I am Dornath, son of Rornath, second-in-command member of the Royal Guard, and I shall stop you !
Alatar: Step aside, Dornath. You are not Pallando's puppet ! I sense the purity in your heart-
Dornath: True, I often question the ways of Romestamo, but it is my duty to serve and protect the king of Rhun. I will NOT step aside !
Pallando (voice from nowhere): You are indeed a loyal servant, Dornath. Once you finish them off, I will reward you greatly !

New Objective:
- Defeat Pallando's Royal Guard.
- Defeat Dornath.

Dornath starts on level 6. Once Dornath's health reaches a certain amount (below 20%) he escapes:

Dornath: My wounds are too many... I must flee !
Tharna: Hey ! Come back, you coward !
Dornath: Call me a coward, boy, but I rather live and fight another day ! We shall meet again !
Pallando (voice from nowhere): Hmm... it seems he wasn't so worthy as I thought. No matter. There are still many good warriors left...

Ratvith: Hey, mates ! Look over there ! I bet this little device will open the gate to the throne room !

One of the gates leading to Pallando's throne room is now open !

Whoops, I didn't tell it so far... there are TWO gates, and you must unlock BOTH !

RIGHT PASSAGEWAY:

This leads you to... a chamber of horrors ?!?

The entire hall is dark, the "floor" is corrupted ground, and there are Orc Pits, Uruk Pits, Spider Pits, Fissures...

Not to mention the numerous Black Orcs, Morgul Archers, Pikemen of Morgul Vale, Attack Trolls, Half-Troll Marauders, Half-Troll Swordsmen, Uruk Raiders, Uruk Bombers, Uruk Berserkers, Half-Orc Spearmen, Dark Easterlings, Spider Riders...

Ratvith: What is this ? Some kind of nightmare ?!
Pallando (voice from nowhere): This is the place where I do my numerous experiments. And you came just in feeding time !

Suddenly, cell doors open and men are coming out of the cells: Dorwinion Peasants, Hildorien Pitchforkers, Rohan Peasants, Rohan Spearmen, Gondor Soldiers, Gondor Archers, Dwarves of Orocarni, Dwarven Guardians, Lorien Archers and Lorien Swordsmen...

Captured Gondor Soldier: Don't give up ! This is for your freedom, men !
Captured Elven Warrior: Slay the evil creatures !
Uruk Raider: Fresh meat !
Black Orc: Slaughter them all !
Half-Orc Spearman: KIIILL !!!
Attack Troll: <troll roar>

Pallando (voice from nowhere): You see the future before you, mortals ! Gondor and your pathetic little resistance will fall, just like those prisoners you see right now ! The alliance of Sauron, Saruman and Pallando shall take over the lands ! Togehter, we shall rule Middle-Earth ! And there will be no dawn... for men.
Borlach: Pallando has gona MAD, that's for sure !
Tulamdir: True, but we shouldn't just stay and watch ! We must rescue these men !

New Objective:
- Slay all enemies in the hall of experiments.

Once you are finished, the surviving men, dwarves and elves join you !

Pallando (voice from nowhere: You have destroyed years of hard work ! How could you...?! My creatures were so strong- ...bah. They were in early stage anyway. But you shall pay for what you've done !

Alatar: Hmm... I have found a magical glyph right over there. I wonder what will happen once I remove it...?

The second gate leading to Pallando's throne room is now open !

If you have opened BOTH gates, you gain a new objective:

Borlach: The way to the throne room is now open ! It's time to face our final enemy ! Onward !

New Objective:
- Go to the throne room.

Once you do so, you find the throne room filled with Soldiers of Rhun, Easterling Archers, Bachoth Archers, Haradrim Spear-Throwers, Black Numenorian Marauders and Axemen of Khand...

And Pallando is also there !

Pallando: Welcome to my humble throne room, heroes. As you see, I had been waiting for you...
Alatar: Give up, Pallando. There's nowhere to run or hide ! Your reign over the East has come to an end ! It's over !
Pallando: Over ?! MWAHAHAHA ! It's just about to begin ! My Were-Worms are slowly overwhelming those meddlesome men of Kalorme ! I shall destroy the remaining free realms of the East ! Nothing can stop me now ! A new age is at hand ! An age I shall rule !
Borlach: We'll see about that ! CHARGE !

New Objective:
- Defeat Pallando's remaining warriors.
- Weaken Pallando.

Pallando is on level 10, and his stats are GREATLY raised this time !

If his health reaches 50%, he tries to escape:

Pallando: Sadly, I must leave now...
Alatar: Stop ! You won't get away !
Pallando: I don't intend to escape, old friend. Follow me if you want to face me directly !
Alatar: So be it.
Tharna: Alatar, wait ! We'll come, too-
Alatar: NO. Only an Istari can match an another Istari. Don't follow me. This is my battle, and mine alone.

New Objective:
- Follow Pallando to the roof of the Temple.
- NOTE: Only Alatar can go after Pallando.

There's a "secret" door behind Pallando's throne, with a stairway which leads up to the roof. There you face Pallando:

Pallando: It's time to end this.
Alatar: I think we both agree in that.
Pallando: Good. Come, Alatar ! Just the two of us ! Two Istari ! The winner takes ALL !

New Objective:
- Defeat Pallando the Blue and restore the peace in the East !

Both Alatar and Pallando are fully healed. But don't forget that Pallando still has the increased hit points...

Oh, and he's immune to charge attacks (so Alatar's attacks don't push him back)

Using of "Darkness Slayer" ability is highly recommanded ! But beware, if Pallando's health reaches a certain amount (below 50%), he calls for help:

Pallando: Come to me, my creatures ! I command you to defend me !

Pallando uses his "Summon East-Helpers" power to summon Dark Easterlings !

Dark Easterling: Kill the enmies of Sauron !
Alatar: Mindless force shall not avail you !

If you still prevail:

Pallando: No ! NO ! I cannot end... like... this...
Alatar: It is finished ! The tyrant of Rhun is no more ! The peace of the East shall be restored !

VICTORY !

...and that's all about it. I hope you enjoyed reading !
Posted Image
---
"Well, I can't argue with that - modding IS hard. But what would have become of games like Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Dungeon Siege, Half-Life 1-2, Neverwinter Nights and BfME 1-2 if we, modders, weren't there ? They would have long been forgotten. Modding is hard, but it's an honorable thing." - MorrisB

#3 lycan

lycan

title available

• Banned
  • 553 posts
  • Projects:HP Mod
  •  Im just a guy around these forums

Posted 24 March 2008 - 12:24 AM

ah man we could of done it using map.ini replacing modules and units that we would of not used.

a nice campaign plot though.

#4 Guest_floris_*

Guest_floris_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2008 - 01:29 PM

Wow looks like a great campain!!!!
:rolleyes:
great story too ;)

#5 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 03 April 2008 - 04:47 PM

Thanks to both of you :sad:
Posted Image
---

#6 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:36 PM

yes it is a shame

#7 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:Trying to find meaning...
  •  The guy that is just a ghost.

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:36 PM

:( :( :(
To bad, I would have enjoyed a challenge. I am a bit courios, but what happens in the Epilogue?
A changed man is only the same man with a different outlook of life.

#8 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:46 PM

Oh yes, the epilogue... I didn't post it cos' I was lazy. It's pretty big, and filled with errors in many places (Elendil probably improved his english knowledge since then though :dry: ).

As you are my "apprentice", I'll send it to you trough PM, then you can decide what to do with it. You can either keep it, post it in a new topic and reveal it to the public, or whatever, it doesn't really matter by now anyway...
Posted Image
---

#9 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 02:45 AM

I just copied and pasted this from MorrisB's message to me. It just wouldn't be fair if I was the only one in public to see this.

Alright, here you go.

A little background story: back in the old days, when we were still planning a campaign, we needed a grand finale. After long weeks of discussion, IthronAiwendil, Elendil the High, me and my brother, Gábor put all our ideas together... resulting in something that would make Tolkien jump out of his grave

And now, the story itself...

"Years have passed since the War of the Ring came to an end. The Dark Lord is no more, and his servants are scattered troughout the land. The greatest strongholds of Mordor - Minas Morgul, Cirith Ungol, Gorgoroth - still stand, but it is only a matter of time before the Free Peoples finally overcome them.

In the East, the people of Dorwinion, Hildorien, Helkar, Cuiveinen, Orocarni and Kalorme overthrew Pallando and most of Rhun lays in ruins. Both the Free Peoples of the East and Sauron's former mannish servants began rebuilding their homelands. While peace wasn't made, the Easterlings and their allies had no intention of attacking their neighbours anymore. A new leader has arisen, called Dornath - former second-in-command member of the Rhun Royal Guard, forging a renewed alliance with Umbar, Khand and Harad, but this time not for war. It seemed the time when East and West could make peace and begin the Age of Men was drawing close.

But one day, the scouts reported grave news. After all the peaceful years, the Easterlings began to build small but fortified strongholds near the Dorwinian border; worse than that, some scouts have seen the men of Umbar crafting new vessels of war, and armies of orcs and trolls were marching troughout the wastes of Rhun.

Borlach, king of Dorwinion and Hildorien was terrified by these news; while his realms and allies slowly but surely regained strength, there was no hope to stand against the allied hosts of Rhun and Mordor at once; the Free Realms of the East still didn't fully recover from the terrible losses they suffered during the Wars of the East, while Rhun's allies - Harad and Khand - were left almost untouched by the war. Knowing this, Borlach sent word to king Elessar of Gondor and king Eomer of Rohan, asking for help. And the call was answered: the legions of the West set out to deal with the Easterlings and Mordor's rabbles, once and for all. Yet, none of the three kings couldn't help but wonder who or what is behind the agression; could it really be Dornath ? Or someone else ?

Nevertheless, the combined armies of Elessar, Eomer and Borlach marched onto Rhun, destroying the Easterling outposts, marching into the heart of the eastern country.

Near the ruins of Pallando's former stronghold, Rholavion, the scouts revealed the position of Dornath, along with the locations of all camps and villages in the area. But during the preparations for attack, a Haradrim messenger has arrived:

"My master intends to talk with you, West-Kings. If you want the war to be over soon, meet with him at the ruins of Romestamo's temple at midnight."

Despite specultating a trap, the three kings - after an arguement - agreed to meet with the messenger's master. However, they prepared carefully: if trouble should arise, the Royal Guars will shoot fiery arrows onto the sky, alerting the nearby Rohirrim forces.

At the meeting, a dozen of Easterlings came forth; judging from their equipment and clothing, they were Royal Guards or nobles. Finally, one of them took down his helmet, revealing a face Borlach found rather familiar...

It was Dornath. But if Dornath wishes to end the war, then who started it ? Dornath revealed the truth:

About three and a half years after Pallando's fall, the Mouth of Sauron came to Rhun, offering an alliance to Dornath. Considering the workforce the orcs and trolls meant, Dornath agreed - under the condition that no attacks will be launched against the West, at least for the time being. The Mouth of Sauron accepted this term, and thousands of orcs were led into Rhun, helping with the rebuilding of the Easterling cities.

However, as time passed, Dornath eventually began to trust the Mouth of Sauron - and that's where he made the mistake. The Mouth of Sauron, seeing Dornath is careless, ordered Mollock, king of the trolls, to place his minions all around the villages and camps in inner Rhun; then he threatened Dornath that the orcs and trolls will slaughter everyone in those villages unless Dornath agrees to abolish the term of the alliance between Mordor and Rhun, allowing the Mouth of Sauron to lauch an attack against the West any time he pleases. With the palantir of Minas Morgul at his possession, the Mouth of Sauron could have made his threat come real, and so Dornath abolished the term. Then the Mouth of Sauron started spreading lies about Gondorian plans for conquest, renewing the fighting spirit of the Easterlings and rallying forces from Harad, Khand and Umbar.

Although Dornath remained in charge of the mannish forces, he was forced to do the Mouth of Sauron's bidding unless he wants his people to get slaughtered. Closely overlooked by black orcs, Dornath's situation seemed hopeless... until Elessar, Eomer and Borlach arrived. The Mouth of Sauron made a grave mistake by organizing an attack all too soon. Dornath was able to trick the Mouth of Sauron's spies by changing clothes with one of his captains. As Easterling helmets cover almost the entire face, it was impossible to see trough the disguise.

Even better, Dornath's spies have reported that most of the trolls and orcs were called back to regroup after the arrival of the western forces. Only one thing was left: to make the Mouth of Sauron think that Dornath is dead, and so he'll be forced to reveal himself, otherwise the Easterlings and their allies will fall into chaos. However, if Dornath would show up before the Mouth of Sauron would arrive, the men of the East would rally against the forces of Mordor, fighting alongside the Free Peoples.

To do so, the camp where Dornath's captain was staying at had to be destroyed. This was a sacrifice that had to be made. The western forces destroyed the camp, and the rumors of Dornath's death began spreading. Seeing this, the Mouth of Sauron and Mollock rallied their minions and marched towards the area in order to hold the mannish forces in check, one way or another. Dornath then mounted a horse, and along with the three kings, he visited the camps and villages, one-by-one, and ordered the peoples of the East to rise up against the rabbles of Mordor.

Seeing this, the Mouth of Sauron ordered Mollock to destroy and slaughter everyone and everything in the area. The trolls of Gorgoroth and the orcs of Mordor proved to be a match for the allied forces of Elessar, Eomer, Borlach and Dornath, but they triumphed; Mollock was slain by Elessar.

The Mouth of Sauron cried out in his mad rage. It was time to use his last trick: he put out the palantir of Minas Morgul, and by chanting a spell of Mordor's cursed tongue, he absorbed every piece of its energy injto his body, granting him power almoth equal to that of Sauron. Knowing that the power will fade away soon, he mounted his black horse, rallied his remaining forces and led a final charge against his enemies.

The forces were roughly equal; the battle raged for long hours, until finally the four champions stood victorious; the Mouth of Sauron was laying severly injured on the ground. With his last words, he foretold the return of Shadows, then stabbed himself with his own sword, dying with a grim smile on his face.

The prophecy scared the people, but then king Elessar spoke: it was the present that was important. The hordes of Mordor were no longer a threat; Dornath became the king of Rhun, and the peace between East and West was forged.

The Age of Men... has begun.

THE END"

Credits:
Original campaign plan and background story: IthronAiwendil
Campaign mission concepts: MorrisB, Elendil the High
Story for Epilogue: Gábor (MorrisB's brother) and MorrisB
Epilogue mission concept: Elendil the High

Loremaster's notes:
- This text doesn't contain the dialogues and objectives those would have been in the mission.
- It isn't mentioned in the campaign plan, but after Pallando's fall Borlach ascended to the throne of Dorwinion and united Dorwinion and Hildorien.
- Elessar (Aragorn) indeed forged peace with Rhun, Harad, Khand and Umbar in the Fourth Age, and conquered Mordor with the help of Eomer.
- In the book, the Mouth of Sauron escapes before the battle of the Morannon (Black Gate) begins.
- In the book, Mollock fights a duel with Aragorn but it is not revealed what happens; there is a possibility that he escaped after the battles was lost.

I'd like to thank MorrisB for this info, and for IthronAiwendil, Elendil the High, MorrisB, and his brother, Gábor for creating the story. It is sad that the campaign won't get put into the mod itself, for a long time to never.

#10 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 25 June 2008 - 03:08 AM

Just to point it out...the Mouth's fate is not revealed in the books, and Mollock is the name made for RA's Troll Chieftain, never used by the Professor (to my knowledge).

#11 Floris

Floris

title available

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • Projects:My first map: Esteldin, hideout of the Dunedain Rangers.

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:58 AM

Great epilogue!
The race of Men is failing, the blood of Númenor is all but spent – its pride and dignity forgotten… It is because of Men the Ring survives.

#12 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:17 AM

You know, Mike, Mollock makes an appearence in WotE, too :dry: by the way, I realized I made a mistake: Mollock appeared in Peter Jackson's film - at least in the Extended Edition, he does (he was the heavily armored troll who fought a duel with Aragorn at the Black Gate), but I indeed don't recall seeing him in the books.

The Mouth of Sauron, however, seeing that his lies failed, fled back to the other side of the Morannon and then the Mordor hosts rushed out. This is mentioned in the Return of the King, but the Mouth of Sauron's fate was never revealed. He could have fled to Rhun to try to manipulate the Easterlings, but this is just a possibility. I guess we'll never know the truth.
Posted Image
---

#13 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 02:21 PM

Yes, I'm aware of that :p was just pointing out where the name comes from (to my knowledge).
Anyway, yes, this looks like it would've made an incredible Campaign. Great variety in the Missions and even some characterization along the way.

#14 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:27 PM

Speaking of the Extended Edition, Mouth of Sauron gets his head cut of by Aragorn, who thought Mouth of Sauron was speaking too many things that Aragorn thinks are lies. I know this because I have the Special Extended DVD Edition of ALL three movies.

#15 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:30 PM

You could've left that last bit off..not really necessary to say that. Kinda makes you look like a narcissist prick :p

#16 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 25 June 2008 - 06:09 PM

@Mike: Thanks. And yeah, I guess IthronAiwendil used the name of RA's troll chieftain. But it's not so bad to copy cool things if we use them for right purpose, right ? ;)

@Ring of Fate: Lucky fellow... but anyway, I know that the Mouth of Sauron gets killed in the Extended Edition - but not everything is based on the films (if it would be so, the WotE Epilogue would have never happened :p ).
Posted Image
---

#17 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 09:05 PM

You could've left that last bit off..not really necessary to say that. Kinda makes you look like a narcissist prick ;)

@Ring of Fate: Lucky fellow... but anyway, I know that the Mouth of Sauron gets killed in the Extended Edition - but not everything is based on the films (if it would be so, the WotE Epilogue would have never happened :p ).

Just saying...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users