Photo

Skirmish AI 3.0 Beta 3 - Post Comments In Thread!

81 replies to this topic

#41 Smokeskin

Smokeskin
  • Members
  • 127 posts
  • Projects:Soulstorm Advanced AI betatester

Posted 28 March 2008 - 07:02 AM

Sisters of Battle

Veteran Superiors:
These are the infantry leaders for most SoB squads, and they're awesome. Their cost is justified by their hp and DPS alone (especially with inferno pistols), and they add some morale bonii, but more importantly - they add +30% DPS to the entire squad! They should be build in any and all squads they're available in ASAP, increasing infantry efficiency greatly, they're godly. The AI seem to build them very rarely.

Perhaps some sort of "don't build if squadsize < 3" check would be in order so they don't get built in squads about to die, but other than that, they're the one thing to build.

EDIT: lol < 3 without a space between becomes a :)

Edited by Smokeskin, 28 March 2008 - 07:04 AM.

#42 Smokeskin

Smokeskin
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 07:44 AM

Research vs teching

There's something I think we can improve on in the BOs. I think it applies to several races, but I haven't really checked it out.

The sisters do the following research before the t2 upgrade (cost listed):

Blessed ammo 100/75: increased damage vs targets in cover. A bit meh, good when it applies, but mostly it doesn't.
Laud Hailer 75/50: Some buildings get to do morale damage and buffs. Quite meh, and only good defensively - if you're fighting in your base in t1, you probably don't have any troops anyway.
Power weapons 50/20: A DPS upgrade for the canonness only in melee. It's not really needed, your canonness will mostly be chasing dancing units anyway.
Inferno pistols 50/20: A DPS upgrade for the canonness only, and since she's a melee unit she won't be getting much use out of it, she'll either be in melee or firing with FotM penalty. At t2 this is a good upgrade because it affects all your veteran superiors, that you'll have a lot of and they're ranged units.

Total cost 275/165. For that cost, you could've started the t2 upgrade instead, which gives you access to the nasty t2 stuff, and still have power left to spare, maybe even saving you a generator so you can go t2 even earlier. Instead the AI has some weak research benefits and now need to save up for the t2 upgrade cost.

Getting t2 is a very big advantage. Getting there while your opponent destroys your economy in t1 because you teched too fast isn't worth anything, but other than what is needed to be competitive in t1, going t2 has very high priority.

I think there's a difference between research and teching - the 2 overlap, but research is just a few improvements, while teching is what makes you cross into new tiers and give you access do drastically improved stuff.

Solution: If non-essential upgrades are present in the BOs, remove them (there are still good researches in t1, grenades for most races, Eldar fleet of foot, mandrake infiltration, tau jetpacks, space marine bionics, etc.). If it is dynamic researches that starts these researches, simply disable dynamic research until t2.

T2 - research vs teching
This isn't as essential. You don't get the same sort of gamebreaking units from t3, so teching to the next tier isn't that powerful. You want to get get out more units and do more research in t2. But if we take the sisters of battle again, and they have a Manufactorum so they get vehicles. Is building the Holy Reliquary and then going through all the researches there before t3 a good idea? You can get a beefed up confessor and canonness, the assassin, and some morale bonii to your infantry, by doing it. Or you could go t3, get exorcist artillery, sister repentia squads, the awesome Psyoccolum ranged infantry upgrade instead, and be closer to t4. I think that mostly the latter will work better.

I think this could be solved by just altering the BOs, so sisters (and space marine works the same way) either go vehicles -> t3 or commanders -> t3 most of the time, but the issues here are a bit more muddied I think. And some races aren't greatly affected by it since they don't have 2 choices as such (or one blocks the other like Tau), but for example sisters of battle I think get greatly hurt by getting all their t2 stuff before they go t3.

Feedback on both t1 and t2 research vs teching: I'd like to hear the team's thought on this. I'd be happy to go through the BOs and such and try to prune them, so we get tall proud tech trees instead or short wide ones, but there's some work involved so if you don't agree with the idea I won't do it :p Alternatively, a test for one race could be done. I've taken a liking to playing sisters of battle, so doing it for those would suit me fine :)

Edited by Smokeskin, 28 March 2008 - 07:45 AM.

#43 Smokeskin

Smokeskin
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 08:53 AM

Sisters of battle, Seraphim Squads: These guys never seem to use their Angelic Visage ability?

#44 Smokeskin

Smokeskin
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 10:01 AM

Tweaked SoB AI vs SM AI

Sisters AI tweaks:
Some dynamic research removed, research orders changed, some bumped from t1 to t2 to allow more t1 mass and faster t2 teching
Sister squad AI modified to build veteran superiors for +30% DPS(this overrode the original reinforce code so they reinforce fully, but it isn't that bad).
BO tweaked to avoid Holy Reliquary for faster t3 tech
BO tweaked to build Celestian squads early t2 for AV
Celestian AI tweaked to upgrade to AV weapons

Comments:
I think this replay showcases my thoughts very well.

It completely steamrolls the SM opponent. Strong t1 (ok too strong, I didn't get the code inheritance right), early grenades and nothing else, T2 comes quickly, it gets a proper AV counter out, and upgrades infantry with +30% DPS superiors, goes t3 and even t4. The SM doesn't stand a chance.

It was done with some tweaked AI and the -dev and autoexec.lua thing to make AI vs AI battles, I hope you guys can watch it.

Capping problem:
Very early on one of the missionaries attaches to a squad, and another sister squad goes capping, probably to meet the requirement for cap squads. I messed with the reinforce code of the sisters, perhaps something from that should've been inherited to prevent it? Or perhaps there's some code that forces the missionary to join full squads?

Attached Files

#45 Smokeskin

Smokeskin
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 10:25 AM

Here are my tweaked sister AIs, if you can't watch the replay (you'll need to start it in -dev at least) and/or want to try playing them.

They aren't perfect (especially the sister squads ALWAYS reinforcing is bad), but I think it works pretty well none the less. They are NASTY, and are meant to serve as a proof of concept, not a finished product.

There are folders with the old AI files included, so you can safely unpack this into \races and overwrite everything.

BTW, big props to the team who made this AI. It is incredibly easy to implement changes like these. I mostly just switched some stuff around, copy-pasted from other AI files, changed some values and such, very simple to do and the AI just picks it up the changes and plays with them.

Attached Files

Edited by Smokeskin, 28 March 2008 - 10:29 AM.

#46 jureidinim

jureidinim
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 10:54 AM

@Smokeskin
Interesting points on the BO changes - streamlining it to make it more efficient (and backing it up with code - nice).

Are you proposing similar changes to all BO's for each race? Meaning - the changes you have would describe one possible build whereas the AI team has built 4 BO's per team to give diversity. Could the other 3 SoB BO's be tweaked similarly while retaining their individuality/use?
Just worried that if a "uber-focused" build is used, then the AI would play the same way every time - or only be effective if that BO is selected.

#47 ArkhanTheBlack

ArkhanTheBlack

title available

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 10:58 AM

Because if you guys always force more PG's around then you can say good bye to the currently very effective Tier 1 infantry rushes...

I wasn't talking about the T1 gen building. Those will remain unchanged. The gen building in T2 is the problem. Don't worry, the gen building changes won't affect the T1 performance.

So if the Necrons CTD in the campaign Arkhan is likely on the right track: its an issue with the NecronLord campaign unit or something thereabouts related to a Necron ability.

Yes, I also think it's related to the campaign, although I think it was okay to deactivate the NL's possess ability.

Very early on one of the missionaries attaches to a squad, and another sister squad goes capping, probably to meet the requirement for cap squads.

I guess it's better to delay attaching to T2 like before. Capturing is too important in T2.

Here are my tweaked sister AIs

Thanks! I'll have a look at them.

Attention to all testers:
I think the dynamic researches still need some fine tuning. The problem of researches isn't always the resource cost alone, sometimes it's even more problematic that they can block a certain building. I'd therefore like to separate dynamic researches in the following categories for all races:

1.) T1 must have (Only certain squad needed or automatically)
2.) T1 research for first harassing strike (Army strength > 750)
3.) T1 bonus researches (Army strength > 1000, resarch while advancing to T2)

4.) T2 must have (Only certain squad needed or automatically)
5.) T2 important researches (Army strength > 1250)
6.) T2 bonus researches (Army strength > 1500)

Req and power researches are included in the build programs. You don't have to mention them.

#48 Smokeskin

Smokeskin
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 11:27 AM

@jureidinim
There are 3 major areas of tweaking I made

Veteran superiors, getting Celestian squads with AV upgrades, dynamic research orders: these were imo just part of the process of implementing the new races, they weren't building essential leaders for infantry, weren't building AV in t2, the best researches weren't researched first etc.

Dynamic research: I think generally the dynamic research code is too eager to research currently. This is probably across the races. Basically the same that was done with t1 massing etc., some variables are just set too low. Perhaps there are also some researches that are prioritized wrong.
This won't affect the BOs as such, it will just prioritize better between what and when it is worth to research upgrades for various units.

Tight BOs (for lack of a better word): This is a a larger change, and what you're referring to about individuality. This is how most competitive players play the game. You don't try to build and research everything, you focus on some areas to get some strong, well researched and upgraded units out, instead of spreading yourself thin. The BOs wouldn't have to be anymore limited in variation than what competitive players do. So for example space marines, you might go with BOs like these

medium tacs in t1 -> t2 -> lots of power generators -> machine cult and many dreadnoughts/land speeders, few infantry upgrades -> t3
heavy tacs in t1 -> t2 -> a few power generators -> sacred artifact, all 3 heroes with full upgrades, many infantry upgrades, apothecaries -> t3
tacs plus ASM in t1 -> medium power generators -> machine cult a few landspeeders and 1 dreadnought, many infantry upgrades -> t3
A "wide t2" BO like now that goes both machine cult and sacred artifact in t2 (but a bit tighter than the current one).

It would make the variance between games greater, not smaller imo. One game it would be crawling with super-infantry with commander support, the next lots of vehicles.

PS: The modified sister AI only has 1 BO, it was just to show how powerful the concept could be.

#49 Smokeskin

Smokeskin
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 12:19 PM

SoB dynamic research suggestion:
I'm assuming it is something like this you want, otherwise let me know. A major change is most of the leader upgrades I've added checks for 2 commanders needed, you only want these if you're fielding both the confessor and canonness imo.
They are ordered by priority too.

Wargear: Phosphor Grenades (sister squads >2)

Wargear: Krak Grenades (seraphim > 1) (for harassing LPs)

Krak grenades could go here, but I think that there is so much to spend on when hitting t2 (celestians, blessed armor, superiors for all squads) that it is better to save up than research this early

Wargear: Blessed Armor
Wargear: Krak Grenades (I'm assuming we will always get Celestian squads, they're absolutely necessary for AV in t2 imo - otherwise a check for celestians/seraphims is needed)
Wargear: Inferno Pistol (I'm assuming we'll always add superiors to all squads)

Act of Faith: Emperor's Touch Research (can we check for faith max/icon addons and attached missionaries etc., and get it working in t2?)
Commander Veteran Upgrade (commanders > 1)
Wargear: Power Weapons (commanders > 1)
Act of Faith: Holy Edict (confessor = 1)
Wargear: Master-Crafted Weapons (commanders > 1)

Heavy Weapon Increase
Wargear: Chaplet Ecclesiasticus (commanders > 1)
Martyr's Gift Research (commanders > 1)

#50 Smokeskin

Smokeskin
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 05:06 PM

Missionary faith abilities
He positively uses these, I've seen both the Emperor's Touch and Divine Retribution used.

I think it is highly likely what Thudo reported earlier, the missionary won't use his abilities unless there is faith for it. If he actually uses any faith when casting I don't know, but at the very least you need the Holy Icon upgrades for the LPs for it.
Probably because the canonness doesn't need to have Faith for her abilities, we thought the same applied to the missionary, so holy icons weren't built, and so the missionary never had the Faith to cast his abilities.

I suggest for the BOs
1 holy icon upgrade for t2 or late t1, to allow for Laying on Hands
3 (total number) holy icon upgrades for t2 if emperor's touch is researched (or just build them and have it research touch)
More later perhaps?

This of course should only happen if we can get the missionary to reliably attach to squads and use the abilities. The abilities are good and the icon cost rather cheap, so it would be good to have I think.

Laying of hands: I don't think I've seen this used? Code for activation ok?

Emperor's touch: The missionary seem reluctant to use it (but I have seen it done). I think the code to activate it should be looked at. The ability gives good DPS overall but especially it gives good AV, so perhaps activating it while vehicles are near is a good idea? But just using it more would be nice.

Divine retribution: I see this used a lot in late game. The problem with it is that it is easy to just target something else. Perhaps only use it on repentia squads? If missionaries don't use faith, just need a high enough maximum, obviously it won't matter, but otherwise this gets used too much over Emperor's Touch imo.

If Relic gets the bugs with faith usage solved, we might also need some sort of system to decide what units get to spend faith... (worrying in advance, I know :) )

Krak grenades:
These are hard to spot, but are they being used properly? The code for them looks like (and I'm just guessing, I don't know all the functions called) if there are vehicles nearby, they'll attack a nearby building? I don't really see them used against vehicles.
I think the right thing to would be to target enemy vehicles with them. They can be nice to attack buildings, but it is really bad if you drop your krak grenades on some insignificant building, then 10 seconds later a dreadnought attacks you. If the enemy doesn't have vehicles, using them on buildings are great obviously (t1 seraphim harass on LPs for example).

Capping squads and attached missionaries
I don't know if this is part of the problem, that they attach to squads so some valuable squad goes to capture because it is now the least valuable squad? I've been so frustrated that the sisters rule the battle with my tweaked AI, then both celestian squads goes to capture CPs, the battle sister squads get hammered, the celestians return to the fight and destroy all the opponent vehicles and a few buildings, then run off to capture some CP again, etc.

Army composition
What happens when say I specify 2 celestian squads in the BO, and they then get killed. Does the AI rebuild them? Does it rebuild them in just tier 2, where they were specified, or also in tier 3?

#51 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI Scripting Project
  • Division:DoW
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 28 March 2008 - 05:31 PM

Not sure why the Missionary would be relunctant to use his abilities ALTHOUGH it is set that the Missionary MUST be attached to a squad to use em. His abilities are ONLY useful when attached thats why he is unique.
Advanced Skirmish AI Team Lead for the coolest Warhammer40k PC RTS out there:

Dawn of War Advanced AI Headquarters

Latest DoW Advanced AI Download!

#52 Smokeskin

Smokeskin
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 05:37 PM

Not sure why the Missionary would be relunctant to use his abilities ALTHOUGH it is set that the Missionary MUST be attached to a squad to use em. His abilities are ONLY useful when attached thats why he is unique.

It's pretty rare you see him use Emperor's Touch. I don't know why. He uses Divine retribution often once you hit t3.

#53 dreddnott

dreddnott
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 06:40 PM

I've been testing Beta 3 out for a while but haven't made any comments yet due to an unreliable internet connection.

First I'd like to say, T1 is superb. Every race pretty much goes all-out in T1, and like the others have already said, it has difficulty making the T2 transition...but it doesn't seem to be for lack of resources.

Some of the bugs I mentioned that haven't yet been fixed:

Talos and Wych squads in the vehicle and infantry check-to-dance tactics.
Wyches freezing in place and shooting due possibly to bad call to combat drugs ability (this affects other DE melee units occasionally)

Talos seems to be balancing soul harvest and combat better now (although it sometimes runs away from CC squads).

Fulfilling the request for research categorization for Dark Eldar:

Mandrake Infiltration: 50/25 (from Hall of Blood - this one's currently always researched, as DE always builds 2 Mandrakes)
Poisoned Blades: 50/50 (set for T2 currently, available in T1, affects every CC weapon)

Archon Retinue Enhancement 1: 40/15 (obviously don't get this for Dark Foundry builds)
Soulseeker Ammunition: 100/40 (currently set to research in T2 for some reason, it's a shooty buff, good for DE Warrior builds)

Splinter Cannon: 75/75 (adds Splinter cannon to Archon and squad leaders)
Power Blades: 75/75 (upgrades CC damage for Archon and squad leaders except Hellion Succubus, due to bug)

Reaver Targeting Upgrade: 75/25 (for Reavers only, greatly improves damage dealt while on the move)
Night Shields: 125/75 (this one improves the health of every Dark Foundry unit including Hellions)
Archon Retinue Enhancement 2: 50/25

Wraithbone-woven Battlesuits: 100/50 (DE Warrior-only health upgrade)
Daemonic Touch: 75/25 (Mandrake-only health and CC damage upgrade)

Upgrade Leader Health 1: 100/40 (from Wych-Cult Arena)
Crucible of Malediction: 50/100 (from Wych-Cult Arena)
Haemonculus Stinger and Soul Destruction researches: 25/50 each (from Wych-Cult Arena)
Agonizers: 100/100 (upgrades Archon and squad leader CC damage)

Further Dark Eldar build order comments:

Dark Eldar have two basic T1 build orders that are effective and efficient:

Hall of Blood > Haemonculus' Laboratory > T2

Dark Foundry > Haemonculus' Laboratory > T2

If the Dark Eldar AI is forced to buy a Dark Foundry in T1 after the Hall of Blood just for a Hellion squad, that's an additional 200/65 just to build a unit that they could easily do without (just make more Warriors and Mandrakes!).

Likewise, for the Reaver build, DE AI is slowed greatly by being forced to build a Hall of Blood even before the Dark Foundry...the proper Reaver build is 2x Mandrakes for capping, Dark Foundry, which builds a Hellion squad, and an immediate Haemonculus' Laboratory so you can spam Reaver jetbikes.

All this requires is that the initial "forced" build of Hall of Blood and Plasma Generator in darkeldarstrategyinfo.ai be commented out, and the proper buildings specifically mentioned in the four build order strategies: 1 & 2 would get the Hall of Blood to Haemonculus' Laboratory, 3 & 4 would get the Dark Foundry to Haemonculus' Laboratory. Strategy 3 I think can afford to wait until nearly the end of T1 to get the Lab, but the Reaver build needs the Laboratory as soon after the Dark Foundry is finished as possible!

I'd also like to comment on the Dark Eldar Unit Stats file - I know that the UnitStrengths is used to calculate Army Strength, but I don't know how much the AI relies on the "rating" of each unit. In any case, some of the unit ratings are "off" - Warriors rated the same as Mandrakes?? Hellions rated the same as Scourges?? What is the rating used for?

p.s.: also bump up the number of force-built slave chambers (caravels) by 1 - I've seen DE player constrained by infantry cap in T1

Edited by dreddnott, 28 March 2008 - 06:48 PM.

#54 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI Scripting Project
  • Division:DoW
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 28 March 2008 - 08:15 PM

It's pretty rare you see him use Emperor's Touch. I don't know why. He uses Divine retribution often once you hit t3.

Hmmm.. no clue.. using abilities when attached can be buggy OR maybe the Missionary is in fact held to the # of Faithpoints.. his abilities do cost a fair bit to use.

@dreaddnott - holy damn man.. you live, breath, and poo DarkEldar BO or what?!?!?! :)
Advanced Skirmish AI Team Lead for the coolest Warhammer40k PC RTS out there:

Dawn of War Advanced AI Headquarters

Latest DoW Advanced AI Download!

#55 ArkhanTheBlack

ArkhanTheBlack

title available

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 09:58 PM

Great work with the research orders guys. Exactly what I needed! :crazed:

@Zenoth
I couldn't reproduce the Necron crash in the campaign although I had 4 games with them as opponents. Either it's a very rare bug that needs certain conditions or it was just a stability problem of your computer. No idea... :thumbsupsmiley:

#56 Smokeskin

Smokeskin
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 11:17 PM

Hmmm.. no clue.. using abilities when attached can be buggy OR maybe the Missionary is in fact held to the # of Faithpoints.. his abilities do cost a fair bit to use.

But Emperor's Touch is cheaper, 50 faith, vs 70 faith for Divine Retribution. So there must be something in the code for when the abilities are used that makes him NOT use Emperor's Touch that often?

Tweaked AI
I've run a few more AI vs AI battles with my new Sisters AI. Even with the flaws it has, I am convinced it consistently plays much better than any of the other AIs. It gets very badly hurt by the capping code though, it will lose from time to time since it gets ahead, the opponent is purely defensive so it keeps its army fighting, while my sisters sends some very powerful squads (often both Celestian squads run off, grrr) out to cap CPs for a long time, costing them the game. On 3 control point maps it loses fairly often because of this, but on 1 CP maps like Shrine of Excellion it wins every time it seems.

#57 dreddnott

dreddnott
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 11:21 PM

General comment about retreating - it seems like squads or armies will retreat from an enemy that is weaker or at approximately the same strength, way too often. Not sure if perhaps there are some unit strength overestimations in the unitstats.ai files for each race, or you guys just need to decrease the likelihood of retreat behaviour somehow.

Also dancing squads dance away much too far. I saw an AI Necron Lord teleporting into a group of three Dark Eldar Warrior squads on Blood River, and they danced all the way back to the DE base, long after the Necron Lord gave up and attacked something else! I'm not saying they should stop dancing even if the enemy chases them, but it seems like they always choose destinations that are very far away, and by the time they decide to rejoin combat, the rest of the army has either won or lost. This applies to retreat behaviour as well.

I'm seeing DE Slave Chambers get placed in random places in the middle of the map, and some other buildings that are vital for teching at forward strategic points (Pile of Gunz etc). I think this would be ok if the AI reliably defended and placed turrets around them...but it usually doesn't.

p.s.: I've seen the SoB AI use Emperor's Touch, to wipe out an enemy walker when it didn't have any meltas available to torch it. Worked pretty well.

Edited by dreddnott, 28 March 2008 - 11:24 PM.

#58 ThetaOrion

ThetaOrion

title available

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 12:03 AM

Wow, Revora Forums actually allowed me to log in today!

I have been playing the SoulStorm campaign, and I took to the Dark Eldar naturally. They were just intuitive, and everything seemed to make sense and work just fine. They DE didn't seem to have turrets, but they were strong enough to hold the strategic points and strong enough to take on the offensive for most of the game. I never had a loss as the Dark Eldar, although I had some really long games and there were moments when I thought I was losing.

But, I'm having a devil of a time trying to figure out how to win as the Sisters of Battle in SoulStorm. Nothing about the Sisters seems right. In one-on-one fights with even the Imperial Guard, the Sisters simply die. And, the tanks are paper, and the buffs or perks don't seem to do anything to make the Sisters stronger. Nothing works. They really are SoB's. Historically, the IG seemed to be the easiest to steamroll, but now I think it's the Sisters who are the worthless ones, especially if they are losing to IG. Nothing about the Sisters seems to work or make sense. And man, those are some ugly girls! At least the Witchhunters mod had some girls that actually looked nice rather than looking skanky.

While dreaming about how to win with the Sisters, I finally realized that the Sisters have turrets, so I hope that their turrets are much better than their listening posts, otherwise, I will still have not found a way to win as the Sisters. I probably also need to restart my Sisters campaign and set them at Normal instead of Hard. I don't know if that will help or not, but gotta try to do something to get a win as the Sisters.

Anyway, I imagine that all of this is old news to the veterans here. But, I just wanted to say that it already makes me excited to see Thud and the rest of the team coming up with build orders and ways of making the Sisters worthwhile. I have yet to find a system that works for the Sisters -- it's certainly not coming naturally to me like it did with the Dark Eldar. I liked playing as the Dark Eldar. I always won as the Dark Eldar.

And, I wanted to log in and say that capturing and holding strategic points is important for the AI, so if an AI squad is there decapping, have it stay there and cap, because you never know when the next squad of scouts will be along to do the job. Holding territory is half the battle where DoW and DC and SS are concerned. The one who has the most resources is the one who is the most likely to win over the long-run.

#59 ArkhanTheBlack

ArkhanTheBlack

title available

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 12:13 AM

It gets very badly hurt by the capping code though, it will lose from time to time since it gets ahead, the opponent is purely defensive so it keeps its army fighting, while my sisters sends some very powerful squads (often both Celestian squads run off, grrr) out to cap CPs for a long time, costing them the game.

I've already addressed that problem. It should not happen again in the next beta.

I'm seeing DE Slave Chambers get placed in random places in the middle of the map

Slave chambers have a combat ability. They are therefore placed at front positions (One per LP).

#60 Zenoth

Zenoth

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 01:25 AM

@Zenoth
I couldn't reproduce the Necron crash in the campaign although I had 4 games with them as opponents. Either it's a very rare bug that needs certain conditions or it was just a stability problem of your computer. No idea... :thumbsupsmiley:

:crazed:

System instability huh?

Well hummm, 26 hours stable in Prime95 priority 10, in CCCT for 16 hours, F@H for three days non-stop, HCI MemTest for a good 6 hours, MemTest86+ for a good day... none of them ever gave a single error. I believe I have good reasons to say that my system is 100% stable. In terms of real time gaming, practical applications (gaming, decoding, editing, which I do a lot) it never freezes, unless due to the actual program or drivers (although I never experienced a driver-related crash or freeze in a game since almost a year or even longer).

With that said, I've just increased my CPU voltage, Memory voltage and Northbridge voltage to make sure... but all this is quite strange for me, to say the least.

EDIT: Also, Arkhan, the research orders you're looking for... is it to be linked with an all-purpose BO?

Because you know, just in Tier 1 there's about three good different research orders which results in different tactics... let's not even start with the Tier 2 possibilities. I would be glad to help with my personally used research orders for the Space Marines and Craftworld Eldar which are the two races I play the best with, but the only thing I need to know is which type of A.I tactic you're looking for that'd be the direct result of the order of researches chosen?

In other words, do you want a research order that favors rushing? Or one that favors defensive tactics? And so on.

Edited by Zenoth, 29 March 2008 - 01:30 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users