S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 27 March 2008 - 12:29 PM

ROLL CALL
The Nazgûl is back...

Hey dear friends... as you can see HERE I'm back and ready to get this show back on the road. Now, it's been 3 long months, and I guess many of you might have prepared that I might not return for a long time still... but I decided that the best thing to do, is to try to get back on the horse and back into hobbies like this one, to take my mind of the pain in my everyday life. So here I am...

Posted Image

Now... considering all this time, I'm afraid that some of you might have moved on to other interests that might occupy your time. So before SEE gets back on the road I have to make this roll call to see who's still around and ready to get back to work on this production :wink_new:

S.E.E. Production Team
---------------------------
[*] NAZGÛL : *check*
[*] SÛLHEROKHH : *pending*
[*] THE DEAD PLAYER :
[*] FLAMEGUARD : *check*
[*] LORD ISTARI :
[*] LotRJ : *check*
[*] NJM1983 : *check*
[*] RHODIN :

And the Freelancers...
--------------------------
[*] ROBNKARLA : *check*
[*] LAURI : *check*

Unchecked = no contact/reply yet...

Just post something, and I'll *check* the list, so we can meet in Staff Forums and MSN and start planning the next steps...
If too many are absent or gone... then I'm afraid we're facing a rather uncertain future for SEE, which would be terribly sad, since that's about exactly what I was afraid of when SEE started to grow from the initial intentions and way beyond my own skills to finish it myself :) But, we'll give the Team some time, like the time I took, and cross our fingers. We can't expect everyone to be on alert and stand by for my sudden return =p

Edited by Nazgûl, 14 April 2008 - 01:26 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 Lord of the Rings Junkie

Lord of the Rings Junkie

Musn't hurt the Precious!

• Project Team
  • 827 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Gate Mod

Posted 27 March 2008 - 01:26 PM

Naz! You're back! :wink_new: I'm so glad to hear you're recovering. Life can be really tough and some things can destroy you permanently if you let them.

You can put a check mark next to my name on the list, I'm here to stay. :)

I'll have to divide my time between SEE and a CG competition I'm in until June, though. I've been taking a break from my Stargate mod.

Edited by Lord of the Rings Junkie, 27 March 2008 - 03:54 PM.

"Et Earello Endorenna utulien.
Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar
tenn' Ambar-metta!"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Don't come between The Lord of the Rings and its junkie!

#3 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 27 March 2008 - 02:18 PM

Wonderful... Glad you're still here, and thanks for your understanding and support :')
I can't wait to see your new treb in SEE... if we still have our animators on board...

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#4 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 27 March 2008 - 05:38 PM

Well atleast you've got one...

Note: Lack of overall modding lately though...

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#5 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 27 March 2008 - 06:08 PM

GREAT, if Lauri's still on the team, well at least as a Freelancer, all hope is not yet gone :wink_new:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#6 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 06:48 PM

All right :) ! I was praying for your return! I kept an eye on the forums and decided to start playing TBFME in your absence to gather some fresh ideas. I'll make a world-wide announcement that you've returned =) .

...and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orang-utans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats and large chu...

Edited by Mordor Slayer, 27 March 2008 - 08:45 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 27 March 2008 - 11:06 PM

lol, what was that quote about? ^ :)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#8 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 28 March 2008 - 12:01 AM

First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shalt be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thou foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

#9 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 01:19 AM

HERE!! :)

#10 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 28 March 2008 - 05:16 PM

Great, now we just the Head Coder... :)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#11 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 06:34 PM

lol, what was that quote about? ^ :p

Never saw Monty Python And The Holy Grail :) ? Sul hasn't been around much, but he posted some things now and then. He'll show up, I'm sure.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 zachdaddy_3000

zachdaddy_3000

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

• Project Team
  • 580 posts
  • Projects:Nazgul's BFMEII: Special Extended Edition

Posted 28 March 2008 - 08:28 PM

You know Naz, it might be a good idea to make an announcement on TA's home page about the team getting together again. Not only will it get these forums started again, but also might catch the "head coder"'s attention as well. :)
Do not come between a Zach and his........Zach?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 29 March 2008 - 04:05 PM

Hey guys... I'm afraid I have some very very VERY bad news...

I sent all the team one PM each, and even though I got some to reply, the most important person of all - Sûl - basically said that he's moved on to other interests and he was not certain how much time, if any, that he could put into SEE again. So in other words, it's highly unlikely that he's gonna return to modding at T3A and for the SEE Team. And even if he would return, SEE would never expand and develop the way it has been, without his burning enthusiasm. And since SEE with Sûl's help moved WAY beyond my coding skills a looong time ago (Beta III was the last beta where I still had a pretty good grip on coding, ever since that I've only done Art and Skinning), there's no chance in hell that I can pick it up where it is myself.

So I'm afraid that if I can't find a new coder of Sûl's skills, and the same burning enthusiasm, SEE is most likely gonna be cancelled like so many other mods. That was one thing that I promised myself would never happen when I started this, but as soon as I stepped down from coding, I lost control of it's fate, which is very sad after these years of modding. I'll do my best to search for a new Head Coder and we'll all cross our fingers that Sûl's will at least be around for some consulting and questions. Please don't flame him though, cause his work on this production has been remarkably awesome and noone can be forced to mod. It has to come from the heart. It's just a shame that I don't have the same skills :thumbsupsmiley:

MS, perhaps you could help out and look for new Coders. Well, the rest of you could look as well off course, but it has to be someone of Sûl's remarkbly high class if any ;p

Edited by Nazgûl, 29 March 2008 - 04:13 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#14 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 29 March 2008 - 04:06 PM

I am here. Busy with lots of other stuff, but still. :thumbsupsmiley:

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#15 Lord of Mordor

Lord of Mordor

Master of the One Ring

• Project Team
  • 170 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 07:34 PM

Didn't I see you at DoWPro some time ago...? ^^

Well, I hope you don't give up SEE completely, but as Naz said, noone can be forced to mod.

Build me an army worthy of Mordor!

HobbitBann5501.png

#16 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 29 March 2008 - 08:51 PM

well, without (a fully "commited") Sul the chances for Evil Men would perhaps be tremendously smaller....
All the rest I think could've been done though... Well, alright then, I don't know what the hell we're adding :thumbsupsmiley:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#17 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:51 AM

The problem is that if you check the current coding/change list in Staff Forums you'll see that there's a lot of great stuff done but also some that's in the middle of being done. And many things are so complicated that Sûl is most likely the only one that could pull it off. There are other in his class, but all that I know of are either retired or working on other mods. And also, if you're not the one that started coding stuff like his uber-cool solutions and additions like the new Ring System for instance, it's VERY hard to step in and continue someone elses work. Sûl had a very complex system of coding and an order of things that only he knows. We also got along extremely well on a personal level which made it easy to function as a team and for me to leave my "baby" in his hands... so it's gonna take a LOT for the next coder to pick up where he was. That's why I highly doubt that I could find one, and thus the mod risks being cancelled.

If so, I will do my very best to get back into coding to at least "clean" up the files for unfinished remains and remove stuff that's not working yet, and also try to finish the gruesome work load of final balancing. That wouold at least leave us with a playable version that can be enjoyed for all the awesome work that has been done so far... =/

I'll try to reach Mordor Slayer and discuss strategies for seaching new crew members from other forums and whatnot, cause if we don't pick this baby up soon, it's gonna be even harder for Sûl to give us a few pointers for the work ahead. Besides, T3A has sort of died as far as I can tell, so it feels like the whole BFME modding scene is dying? =(

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#18 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 07:50 AM

That's sad news. Very very sad :(. I'm here Naz, tell me what I should do or for who I should look.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 30 March 2008 - 09:44 AM

@MS: Right, i have been enjoying DoW for a while, with DoWPro being my favorite mod. Then i got hooked on Rome:TW (and DarthMod). :)

Anyway, the VERY LEAST i am going to do is complete the stuff i was in the middle of (like some of the map AI's and some of the not yet fitting wall rubble animations) and of course give some hints as to how the stuff works that i was putting in. But you can imagine that it's mostly the AI stuff that is really complex. And i wanna add to my AI tutorial of course. :p

But, as far as i can see i really like puzzles. I have been working on S.E.E. without even overly enjoying playing the game just for the fun in coding with quite some effort. I might just get back into it. Either way we are going to proceed, picking up where we left of should be no rush. I will need some time to get back into any of it, be it a 'get-fully-back-in' or a 'here-is-how-you-take-over'.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#20 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 30 March 2008 - 01:49 PM

Thanks Sûl. I posted a request and an open invitation for new coders though, just in case there's some other modding giants out there looking for stimulating work. I doubt we'd find any of your rank though, at least that's not either retired or occupied with other projects =/ But we'll see... Nice to see you again anyways :')

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users