ROLL CALL for S.E.E. Team!

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#21 Pixel

Pixel

• Hosted
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 03:26 PM

Im currently very busy with Real Life events, Trying to get a new job and all. Wich is the cause of why im not on much at this time, However, Im still here.
I also have that rigged version of the Uruk laying around, Ill make sure i dig it up.

#22 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 12 April 2008 - 03:57 PM

Awesome indeed, as I said on msn :p
We'll talk more when you have the time =)

Great to SEE you again :unsure:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#23 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:53 AM

I'm here, with my auxilary work - quotes and working on the trailer :)
That said, I don't really count myself as an official part of the S.E.E. team - just thought that I should resume what I was doing, however.
Nice to S.E.E. you back, Naz.
Cheers,
-mike

Edited by elfhelm.., 26 April 2008 - 03:53 AM.

#24 RamGuy

RamGuy
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 04:20 PM

What happened with 4.6BETA?

Couldn't you make that one available to all of us so we have something to play with until you are getting settled again, and will be releasing a v5.0 something this year? :xd:

#25 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 02 May 2008 - 05:15 PM

Short summary then as I can tell you havn't really read that much in the forums =p

1) Head Coder (Sûlherokkh) has left or gone missing.
2) I haven't got the latest WiP (he's got it).
3) I'm starting a new job on monday that will occupy a lot of my time this summer.
4) I'm not nearly half as good at coding as Sûl, so I can't code this mod myself (anylonger).
5) Beta 4.6 WiP has a lot of unfinished but started items that require serious coding. Playing 4.6 is not as fun as 4.5 cause of those unfinished items (even though they're awesome).

Things are looking really dark atm. I'm sorry to say that SEE might be cancelled soon if nothing major happens. I just can't do anything at all without the latest WiP and available coders of my former Head Coders skills. This is the downside of starting a modding team. You become VERY dependant on eachother. Sad but true... We'll see what happens, but don't count on anything soon. Sorry.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#26 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 07:37 AM

G'day nazgul

Sorry to continue off topic on this thread but you really have nothing to be sorry about. You and your team have already done more than a lot of fans ever thought possible. You took a game based on a story that was loved by many, witch EA had butchered because of their greed for the almighty dollar and turned it into a work of art all over again, dare I say even better than bfme1. A feat even J. R. Tolkien would be proud of :p

Even if 4.6 is never released every gamer across the globe who have had the honor of playing this mod should stand up and give thanks to you and your team. The EA executives should travel to your front door and bow with thanks ( possibly beg for forgiveness :p ) for saving their game. In my oppinion you and your team have already done more than enough. I consider myself very lucky to have 4.5. If 4.5 is the way this mod ends then I still consider this mod a complete success in my books.
No chance of returning....Zero chance of surviving....Well!? When do we get started?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 07 May 2008 - 04:32 PM

Thank you so much! :p I agree to some extent, since I'm extremely happy with everything, and especially all the cool stuff that was added after the team was formed. However, ever since I gave up coding to Sul I became completely depentant on his continued work, and now that I haven't got it anymore I might have to cancel the mod even though I don't want to.

My point is that, in the end I think I would have prefered if the mod had stayed less advanced but more complete, instead of less complate but more advanced. =p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#28 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:03 AM

No worries mate, my pleasure. :p I can only imagine what coding involves but from what I hear it sounds like tedious work. If you don't want to cancel it would their be a problem with keeping it? I have enjoyed writing down my thoughts here even if they were crazy half of the time haha. Not sure what I was thinking when I suggested the eagles have the ability to drop eggs on people hahaha
No chance of returning....Zero chance of surviving....Well!? When do we get started?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 Wundai

Wundai
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:41 PM

I have it!!!

The first comment of ttandchotmail without G'day {Insert name here}

This will go down as a historic moment :p

And well Naz, have you decided if you are going to put all efforts in finding a new coder, or all efforts in doing the coding yourself?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#30 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:06 PM

G'day Wundai

hahahahahahaha :p I was in a hurry that day :)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#31 Wundai

Wundai
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 10:05 AM

:)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 10 May 2008 - 02:45 PM

@Wundai: I would if I could :)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#33 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:07 PM

The Dead Player.... what's your status? I guess you sorta left the team while the mod went idle? :crazed:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#34 Garrison Nomad

Garrison Nomad

Bringin' in Da Boyz

• Project Team
  • 608 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for SEE
  •  I'm in your closet...eating your clothes.

Posted 27 July 2008 - 11:41 PM

Hey, I'll beta test if ya need me. =D
If I were you and you were me I'd have a different face.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"The only real things are imaginary..."

#35 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 27 July 2008 - 11:53 PM

Thanks for offering ;)
I'll get back to you on that soon =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#36 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:27 PM

*bump, 2 years later*

Once more... life has gotten a grip on me that has been hard to get out of...

1) MOTIVATION!
A big motha fakka, that's HARD to tackle, when soooo much time has gone by since I started this project! As I have said numerous of times... this was NEVER ment to be a long project, but Sûl's entry in the team and his coding made SEE something I could never finish on my own. Witout Sul and witout a steady team of talented modders, SEE is not dead, but a stalling project. And without progress, I have a hard time keeping up motivation.

2) WORK!
Irl and work takes a LOT of time and energy. I get up at 5:30 am, begin my shift at 7:00 am, and I get off at 07:00 pm... by 08:30 I'm back home after a walk with my dog... and by 10-11:00 pm I'm BEAT! Doesn't leave much room for modding, except those days I'm free from work. But on those days I sleep in, for long, so half of day is "lost" =/

3) IRL, aka LIFE!
Women has always been my major pain, and closing in on 100 of them I still don't get them and how anyone can live with them 24/7... Besides that and the anguish that follows each collapsed relationship, my parents are old and starting to get more and more in bad shape, which is also something that affects my morale and my every day stamina. Also, I'm currently working HARD with trying to convert my house into an estate with buyable condos, instead of the rental apartments it's currently housing. This involves talking charge of the whole project, talking to authorities and consultants as well as convincing my neighbours of the benefits of converting... So, I guess life takes its toll in many ways and it doesn't leave much room for modding.

HOWEVER: I looove SEE and I love the fact that SO many talanted people have helped out with this - what has to be - the biggest community project in the world, involving a Lord of the Rings strategy game? And thus I stand fast that I will NEVER give up... I just need breaks from time to time, to collect strenght to keep struggling!

SO... who's with me still? :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by Nazgûl, 03 September 2010 - 11:29 PM.
spelling

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#37 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:43 PM

I'm with you, but I am about to start school again, which is going to take up a lot of time...
So I will be around, but mostly just to help you with any actual problems you might have...
I know u can code, so try all the stuff you put on your list, if you run into trouble, ask me, and when i have time i will help you.
Ridder Geel

#38 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:54 PM

I see... I guess I should have used the summer for this.

Well in that case... it will remain idle until I find a new coder once again. I haven't coded in years and I can't code at the level needed. I will have to go back to my old plans I had before you joined. Rasing money and paying someone to code. However long that takes... if I can't find someone, nothing will happen. I don't have the time or the skills needed to finish SEE myself, even with your assistance. I need a "full time" coder, that can set aside a couple of hours a day or so.

I'm sorry folks

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#39 Spartan184

Spartan184

:)

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts
  • Projects:Random Modding Projects
  •  Coder, Map.ini Coder, Mapper, and Beta Tester

Posted 04 September 2010 - 12:29 AM

You did once offer me to code for see :thumbsupsmiley: If you still want me to, I'm willing to do it.

safsignature.png

#40 drogoth232

drogoth232

What a shame

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 05:03 AM

I would offer my services as well.. Although remember, I havent coded in a while (and never even touched AI) so any basic stuff (units, upgrades, powers, buildings, and whatnot) you need done, just send it and I can see what I can do. I will do anything for the mod that got me into modding!

You should make it so that everyone has to post a portfolio of their modding skills :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by drogoth232, 04 September 2010 - 05:05 AM.

Wait... what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users