Photo

Faction Favorites

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Of the modded Remix3 Generals

Who is the Strongest?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Who is the Weakest?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Who is your Favorite?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 29 March 2008 - 07:30 PM

I ran a very similar poll once over a year ago, but I'm curious to see if opinions have changed after playing the mod for a while.

For me its a very hard decision, as you can imagine, I have a slightly differnt view of every general. Infact, it was such a hard choice for me I couldn't narrow it down to just 1 for any catagory, so you'll notice you can choose more than one for each area... I had to.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#2 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 30 March 2008 - 11:22 AM

Well my fav and the strongest IMO (of course if played right) Is AF gen. Loved that general since ZH was first out.
Second fav is Infantry gen.

Weakest side i can't really decide on.
Maybe Laser your gonna be editing a little so I'm not gonna say him until I've tested his changes.
Maybe flame gen... But thats debatable cos i think he is pretty cool, nuke gen possibly but again he is pretty good.
Tank gen i wish would have 1 HELO or something nothing too fancy not just his standard fighter.

I guess i'll vote for nuke and cyber lol.
Cyber cos his defenses suck at the moment since his drones wont go and attack the oncoming attack(annoying bug) :p
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#3 Thats me!

Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Projects:thinking...:p
  •  not Red :(

Posted 30 March 2008 - 12:11 PM

Fav:af(cos of orcas)
Str:laser and flame(they pwn)
wks:Tank,cos you must rank up(Damn i missed the button and clicked on nuke instead)

#4 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:09 PM

Hard choice for me.

I love them all, and can own with them all, in PVP or against the minimum of 1 hard AI

AirF I have to say is the strongest.... only in the right hands.

I don't think any general is weak... but I had to put flame, because the only fair way I was making these decisions was based on how well they do against a hard robot AI. in PvP flame can really put the hurt on.

Favorite Geneal : Laser. And with the changes planned.... *drools*
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#5 Blue Phoenix

Blue Phoenix
  • Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:14 PM

Favorite: Tank general, chimera and lightning tanks rock!!!
Most powerful: Airforce, damm those bombers kick some ass...
Weakest: difficult choice... i think it would be flame or infantry. Flame can be pretty easely overwelmd by many tanks and with infantry its mobility is a little limited, maybe if there were more ways of transportation trough air for that general.
On the other hand they are extremly strong in the other ways of battle.... :p

Personaly, i think all factions (only airforce needs a little tweaking in power) are pretty balanced ingame. :)

#6 m3rc1l3ss

m3rc1l3ss
  • Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 03:21 PM

Hard choice for me.

I love them all, and can own with them all, in PVP or against the minimum of 1 hard AI

AirF I have to say is the strongest.... only in the right hands.

I don't think any general is weak... but I had to put flame, because the only fair way I was making these decisions was based on how well they do against a hard robot AI. in PvP flame can really put the hurt on.

Favorite Geneal : Laser. And with the changes planned.... *drools*

That last comment is very interesting...

As for my favorite it would have to be nuke.
Strongest AF
Least favorite would be infantry but that is more an issue of never figuring out his tactics.

#7 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 07:23 PM

AF is only the Strongest in the hands of someone who actually "can" play the AF gen well.
He is very well rounded and balanced he don't need changing, a good player can easily face off vs an AF gen if they know what there doing.

Infantry general is very powerful altho i think some vehicle's that are used to move infantry such as the troop crawlers and even the battle fortress move too slow or build too slow. There air power tho is frigging awesome.
Posted Image
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#8 soho

soho
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:00 PM

Flame general is really pain in the ass.Firefly - no comment
After him theres Laser with his plasma and laser tech.
For weakest, I dont know exacly.Maybe Air?

#9 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:50 PM

Flame general is really pain in the ass.Firefly - no comment
After him theres Laser with his plasma and laser tech.
For weakest, I dont know exacly.Maybe Air?

That made me laugh... you don't really think the AF gen is the weakest right? i mean honestly have u played the mod :p lol
AF gen is by far the strongest of course it means you have to know how to play the general well, but still that last comment is pretty funny. :p

Total turn around most are saying flames weakest af gens strongest but you do the reverse thats shocking, to each to ther eown i guess.
Posted Image

#10 soho

soho
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 10:25 AM

Maybe I just dont know to play with him.
I said maybe.I dont like air gen.Not in ZH, not in Remix.
Flame gen is far from weak.He dont have good defences(except smerch) but units are too powerful.

#11 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore

Posted 25 April 2008 - 10:27 PM

Pretty much all factions are balanced in thier abilities and units.

I think you hate Airforce gen because your a turtler aren't you? I used to hate AF gen because of his defenses, but I learnt how to play with him. He is very very strong. One of the strongest I would say
Posted Image
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

#12 soho

soho
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 10:46 PM

Since I can only play vs AI, rushing him is impossible.
So I focus on defences first.But also attack.
Also dont agree with you that all factions are balanced.Look at laser and flame.
But expecialy laser.Plasma is not his style.His weapons is precise: laser.With all that weaponry Townes is OP.

#13 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 11:09 PM

Laser gen is getting reworked some.
But plasma is perfect for him anyways its there to make him unique and give you options.

And yeah if you don't know how to play a gen of course your suck, af gen prob is 1 of the more challenging because all your aircrafts have to return and rearm. lots of micro management to some degree.
Flame gen i thinks pretty cool i would not say he is weak.

IDK who would be weakest maybe 1 of the GLA sides?
Some units are kinda a little "ott" but will be edited like the assault spider having its chain guns removed, but over all the sides are pretty well balanced.
Posted Image

#14 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 12:15 PM

"Since I can only play vs AI, rushing him is impossible"

The only way to play against the AI is to attack. Turtling will last an eternity seeing as it cheats for money.

Try attacking a normal first, and then when your ready for a more of a medium challenge try a hard. ITs very very easy when you know how. AirF gen can crush several hard AI's with very very minimal losses to buidings and to planes. And not a single defense structure needs to be built. Take my word for it.

All generals are balanced. Take the testers' word for it. They all have a distict style, but some are better at other things that other Generals. For Example, Flame is very good against infantry, but is very limited in its abilities against Air.
Infantry can knock the socks of Tank General, whereas Tank general can crush robot general.

They are all capable at taking on any general, but each side is either slightly better or weaking at facing a certain general, but none the less still capable. It just might take a more skilled player.
Posted Image

#15 Jester22

Jester22
  • Members
  • 78 posts
  •  That "one guy"

Posted 12 June 2008 - 07:34 PM

I can't vote even though I'm signed in, but I haven't been able to play in a while due to a broken CD ROM. :xd: Anyhow, I love AF and Laser Generals. I am not really strong with anyone (even my favorites), but I am weak with Infantry (I just haven't nailed down how to properly use them).
Ugh, why can't you just DIE? Seriously.

#16 NoFace

NoFace
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:05 PM

Why have not anybody mention super weapon general? Am i her single fan?

#17 Jester22

Jester22
  • Members
  • 78 posts
  •  That "one guy"

Posted 14 June 2008 - 11:58 PM

Why have not anybody mention super weapon general? Am i her single fan?

I like playing all the generals, even if I suck with them. I have my favorites. I think I like Superweapon General... situationally. In a teamed match (comp stomp/PvP) it's fun, but vs the AI solo it can be a pain in the ass.

#18 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 05:54 PM

SW gen is nice but not a lot of people like to sit behind a defense line thats why your prob find most people choose a more balanced or offenses side. My friend Chris loves laser and SW so your not the only one that likes sw gen.

And jester practise with the inf gen more your soon find out that they seriously can whoop ass.
Posted Image

#19 Jester22

Jester22
  • Members
  • 78 posts
  •  That "one guy"

Posted 16 June 2008 - 01:06 AM

I just got my CD ROM fixed and will now be playing again, so I'll be practicing up. I'm hoping ot get on Hamachi soon and let you guys wail on me like the nub I am. ^_^

#20 Violence

Violence

S.E.L.F.

• Project Team
  • 321 posts
  • Projects:Testing ReMix!

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:58 PM

In all honesty I do not view Air Force as such a threat with Robot's simplest, most spammable immediately available unit in mind, easily tearing him apart in PvP- And the next available unit type easily dispathing any vehicles the AF Gen player might resort to. :sad2:

I vote for Tank. He is a very difficult enemy and(/or because he is-) very easy to play with, and after a bit of time from the game's start he's unstoppable not just by casual gamers but also from more experienced ones in PvP.
His mixed spams of Overlords, Manticores and Shakers, if done and timed right are undefeatable once they start marching and only higher tech Superweapons, long range defenses, Generals Powers and lots of good timing will stop them.
I believe after Robot General(only first because of his early game capabilities so no vote for him :p ), Tank is the most powerfull over-all in PvP. ;)

Now the weakest are Flame and Infantry. I went for Infantry because if you put him against Flame(the second weakest) he'll lose on average, and if both players last enough Infantry is doomed with his pure spams and lack of troop support vehicles(along with an adequate way to produce them instead of Air Strups)... and I do not base this on cliche misconceptions, just personal experience. Finally Flame is a lot more fun generally. And far more evil. Srsly. :shiftee:
As a side-note this was a hard choice so to say because Infantry is even better than Robots when pitted against Air Force. But I decided he's ultimately weaker than all of the others because Robot's infantry units decimate his, early on. At least in the game's I've played. Sheer numbers don't count so much when the rest of the anti-infantry early units of Robot come into play, and Mortar Soldiers are just not cutting it against fast moving vehicles- Unless you plan to Attack Ground, guesstimating where Robot will move his anti-infantry units on his way to mowing down your troops. Oh and Flashbangs...? Too usefull in drones. And drones too usefull on, well, other drones... And on infantry.. So there.

My favourite General so far is Laser. Too funky, strong enough, involves lots of tactical choices, gadgets, cool visuals, microwaves, interesting ideas, fascinating SWs.. I could really go on. He's just well-made and balanced. ;)

All this, is regarding PvP of all scales and measures, excluding the existing Demo and Assault and the older versions of Chem, Stealth. And obviously excluding the various concepts of ECM Gen etc. which sound too good to be true... *Cough*WIP*Cough*...

Edited by Violence, 30 July 2008 - 07:16 PM.

"...Chaos is the only True Answer.."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users