Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 30 March 2008 - 01:37 PM

Hey T3A!

Those of you that have been here for long might know me and the Special Extended Edition mod for BFME2. To make a long story short: I've been away for 3 months and during this time we sort of lost our Head Coder - the awesome Sûlherokhh, to other interests. He might return, he might not... So, I'm currently looking for a new coder, or coders, that would feel up to the task of helping me finish this mod by picking up where Sûl left off (permanently or temporarily).

Sûl is gonna be around off and on I guess, but noone can tell to what extent. So we might get some help, or a only little, but the most important things are that if you're interested, that you have:
1) Interest in, and experience from, advanced coding such as AI, scripts, animations etc, and
2) Passion for, and interest in, this mod and it's goals and intentions...

I know that the modding community is dying and that the few experienced coders left are either retired or working on other projects, but I just wanted to throw this out here and see what happens before I let this mod die like so many others...

More info HERE!

Edited by Nazgûl, 20 August 2008 - 10:51 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 Grizzlez

Grizzlez

title available

• Project Team
  • 667 posts
  •  Coder/ini/FX writer, Skinner

Posted 30 March 2008 - 04:51 PM

I guess I could, not sure how much time I have, but I do know some things.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts
  • Projects:Helm's Deep Last Hope
  •  One who is not afraid of new challenges

Posted 30 March 2008 - 05:23 PM

I know that the modding community is dying and that the few experienced coders left are either retired or working on other projects, but I just wanted to throw this out here and see what happens before I let this mod die like so many others...

Since when was the modding community dying? :) I will admit, it has been a quiet winter, but it most certaintly is not dying. Some of the best talent and work ever seen in the BFME community has been shown of late, and there has never been an abudance of advanced/expert coders in the community to begin with. :p

Edited by Rob38, 30 March 2008 - 05:24 PM.

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#4 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 30 March 2008 - 05:42 PM

there has never been an abudance of advanced/expert coders in the community to begin with. :p

Heh yeah THAT part I know... =p But I'm just comparing T3A activity now, with how it was right before I left. It's a HUGE difference in activity from what I can see looking around the whole BFME part of Revora... And that's also what I've been told from other modders and ppl that have been here while I was gone =/ Maybe I'm wrong, but it feels like ppl have lost interest in general? :)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#5 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 30 March 2008 - 06:59 PM

aye, I would guess so..
Winter ye know..

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#6 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 30 March 2008 - 10:54 PM

Winter ye know..

Isn't winter the best time to mod and play games? It's dark and friggin cold outside, and the warmth of indoors are extra pleasing =p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#7 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 30 March 2008 - 10:55 PM

I would offer to help, but I have no where near the skill required to do this. I sometimes have trouble adding heros still :)
:p
Good luck to you, though.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#8 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 30 March 2008 - 10:58 PM

Isn't winter the best time to mod and play games? It's dark and friggin cold outside, and the warmth of indoors are extra pleasing =p

I think a lot of people were bogged down by school and midterms and other projects they had to work on...I think activity will probably rise again in spring/summer.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#9 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 30 March 2008 - 10:59 PM

I would offer to help, but I have no where near the skill required to do this. I sometimes have trouble adding heros still :)
:p
Good luck to you, though.

Hehe yeah I know... that's the problem with having someone of Sûl's skills on a team. It's pretty hard to match =s
Thanks for showing interest though =)

@Yoda: Yeah, that might be it..

Edited by Nazgûl, 30 March 2008 - 11:00 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#10 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts
  • Projects:Helm's Deep Last Hope
  •  One who is not afraid of new challenges

Posted 31 March 2008 - 03:01 AM

I think a lot of people were bogged down by school and midterms and other projects they had to work on...I think activity will probably rise again in spring/summer.

Yep, at least for me. :mellow:

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#11 Guest_hamburg100_*

Guest_hamburg100_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2008 - 04:46 PM

looking for a new coder? i can help since i've already changed some things of the see-mod. just tell me what to do...

#12 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 01 April 2008 - 12:11 AM

Thanks...

However:
1st step is to see how much time and effort Sûl can put into the WIP he has (Beta 4.6) before he hands it over to me. And I do not wanna pressure him in any way, so that might take some time...

2nd step is to collect all that might be interested in helping out with coding, and try to find those that are as highly skilled as possible since coding SEE these days is not exactly a walk in the park. So it will take great experience from coding and also high motivation to code this mod in particular to be able to pick up where Sûl left off.

Now, nothing in this world is certain, so perhaps a miracle will happen and bring Sûl back, but I wouldn't count on it. That's why I made this post to see if there's any great interest left out there for this mod and if there might be any other coders of higher skill that could help us finish this masterpiece. I will have to know more about these candidates though before I send any private betas to anyone :thumbsupsmiley:

But keep applying please and we'll talk more when I know more about Sûlherokhh's status. If you're really interested you could also send me a PM with some references of your previous experience from modding. Thanks :)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#13 Guess Who

Guess Who

title available

• Project Team
  • 969 posts
  • Projects:Wars of The East, Project Siege
  •  2d Artist, Modeller, Skinner, Binder, Basic Coder, Learning Animating, mapping, fx coding.

Posted 01 April 2008 - 09:38 AM

I have some experience in coding(not fx though :thumbsupsmiley:).
Posted Image Posted Image
My current projects: Wars of The East, Project Siege
--------------------------------------
99% Fat Free.

#14 Lord of the Rings Junkie

Lord of the Rings Junkie

Musn't hurt the Precious!

• Project Team
  • 827 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Gate Mod

Posted 01 April 2008 - 01:02 PM

Now, nothing in this world is certain...

Arwen: "Some things are certain." :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by Lord of the Rings Junkie, 01 April 2008 - 01:03 PM.

"Et Earello Endorenna utulien.
Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar
tenn' Ambar-metta!"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Don't come between The Lord of the Rings and its junkie!

#15 Guest_hamburg100_*

Guest_hamburg100_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2008 - 03:57 PM

here is an example of my skill: i created my own version of sauron for s.e.e. he gains experience up to lv 10 and gets his final upgrade: Aule's Knowledge, which gives him +25 Range (new weapon- did it a bit tricky, wasn't easy for me at first), +25 Damage a.s.o. he has also got another attack animation from bfme1 ( i'm not that skilled in self-creating anims but i managed the timing). the buttonimage is a piece of saurons gauntlet - looks nice ( at least i think so).

#16 Witch King of Noldor

Witch King of Noldor
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 11:36 PM

Hi T3A!!

Im a bit rusty,so I wont be able to help S.E.E.
I would BE DELITED BUT I DONT have the skill.
Thanks Nazgul and S.E.E. But Im just not good enough yet, Ive got a lot of help though, from the articles on www.the3rdage.net

#17 Fingulfin

Fingulfin

I Like Pi3. Do you?

• Hosted
  • 1,752 posts
  • Projects:Staying Alive.
  •  This place looks familiar. I can't remember why.

Posted 02 April 2008 - 06:31 PM

I would help, but... err... I dunno. Just don't have much modding motivation right now. That and the fact that I have never even played S.E.E. :rolleyes:
Posted Image
--------------------------------------
"You look like a ghost of your former self..."

#18 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:18 PM

You'd have the skills though, which is more than most can claim...

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#19 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:34 AM

Indeed he would and I'd be honoured to work with Fingulfin. But the problem is the same as with Sûl atm... :ohmy:

...Just don't have much modding motivation right now...

Without it, it's pretty pointless :rolleyes: (And off course it would help if our next coder (or co-coder) was familiar with the mod from before, hehe). But thanks for posting anyways and showing that u care =')

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#20 Tar-Palantir

Tar-Palantir
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:27 AM

Geez... I'd like to help if I could, I really love this mod but I still need practice and stuff. I'm a fast learner so what the heck, maybe in a few months if you still need help I'll contact you. I've already done some stuff inside the SEE mod, added a few units and heroes as well as powers(not very complex but it's a start).

Edited by Tar-Palantir, 04 April 2008 - 01:33 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have no purpose, neither does this sig.

100% of teenagers would die should the planet go "boom" if you are part of the 0% that would survive copy and paste this into your signature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users