• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 08:13 PM

Ah, but despite the Aewsomeness, it has a flaw, the mapper had to use two of those great big chunks of Marble that stand out of Minas Tirith to make it look bigger, but it still kicks ass.
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#22 Yarrum

Yarrum

Kahuna

• Project Team
  • 461 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 08:13 PM

Error: System cannot find the file specified. Ah man, I really wanted to try this one out.

KotW%20Left%20Morgul%20Banner.jpg
KotW Beta Tester
frodo_sam.jpg

#23 Thorin

Thorin
  • Project Team
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 08:28 PM

Ah, but despite the Aewsomeness, it has a flaw, the mapper had to use two of those great big chunks of Marble that stand out of Minas Tirith to make it look bigger, but it still kicks ass.

It's only one model that could be scaled up. I was only showing it as an example that it *could* be done :)

#24 Thorin

Thorin
  • Project Team
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 08:30 PM

Error: System cannot find the file specified. Ah man, I really wanted to try this one out.

You mean your computer or the link I provided? If it's the link then look here; http://mevault.ign.c...s.Detail&id=498
Make sure if you're not using the installer that the folder name that contains all the map-files is the same as the name of the map.

#25 Foe-of-the-Nine

Foe-of-the-Nine
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 08:44 PM

you've made my day :)
Posted Image
-No Victory without Sacrifice-

Did you know that approximately 87.32648% of all statistics are made up on the spot!

#26 Yarrum

Yarrum

Kahuna

• Project Team
  • 461 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 08:53 PM

Problem fixed. It was the link. I just used the other one and I worked. Now I just need to put it in game...

Edited by yarrum, 24 April 2008 - 08:53 PM.

KotW%20Left%20Morgul%20Banner.jpg
KotW Beta Tester
frodo_sam.jpg

#27 Foe-of-the-Nine

Foe-of-the-Nine
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 04:45 PM

does that map take an ridiculous amount of RAM/Processing power? cuz my compy isn't the best... I've got 2 gigs of RAM but my processor is only like 2.4... :( anyways... I need to put B4ME 1 back on here (I deleted it to make room for Medieval 2)... hmm... O BTW I tried installing B4ME 1 on my external hard drive... and everything appears to be fine UNTIL I go solo-play... then click skirmish... the game the exits and gives me an error message about blah blah blah directory something or other game dat not found... is that cuz its on the external? is it possible to put it on the external and still run it normally? how do I do that?... my compy is very strained for space... I'm trying to get all my older games that it runs easily on the external...

Edited by Foe-of-the-Nine, 25 April 2008 - 05:10 PM.

Posted Image
-No Victory without Sacrifice-

Did you know that approximately 87.32648% of all statistics are made up on the spot!

#28 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 25 April 2008 - 10:47 PM

I'll be damned :)
EDIT: Though, I just noticed a flaw - the trebuchets on the sixth (maybe fourth and up) level probably can't reach outside the city, so you'd be firing on your own troops with them...
Cheers,
-mike

Edited by elfhelm.., 25 April 2008 - 10:48 PM.

#29 Thorin

Thorin
  • Project Team
  • 151 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 10:51 PM

I don't think the processor or RAM will make that much difference, I just think you need a really good graphics card to play it without lag.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users