look here

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 morsematten

morsematten
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:15 AM

just wondering is there any coders/mappers/modders/skinners out there that do not have a current project or has alot of free time to spare. maybe we can make a mini mod or something. i dont know any modding/mapping/coding/skinning, but i can sketch.
I'm the nut cracker, and i'll crack your nuts.

#2 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 05 April 2008 - 01:39 PM

Not really a good place to post, pend is the one that would accept help, but recruiting in another mods forum is kinda rude
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#3 Huzegun

Huzegun
  • Project Team
  • 164 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:46 PM

Isn't this something you ask a friend? Even if there was someone out there, I highly doubt that they would talk half credit for thier work, seeing as you just said you don't know any usefull skills...

So I suggest you learn one of them and then get back to someone who has another usefull skill. :thumbsdownsmiley:
... This should be locked. >_>

#4 anubis_the_dark

anubis_the_dark
  • Project Team
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:18 PM

Though this is a verry bad thing to do ( ask for help on someone else's mod forum ), sketching is a verry important skill. If you have a verry good imagination then lucky you, but i for one am a member of about 4 mods, and i can tell you that my sketching abillites have been verry usefull. Ussualy guys who make sketches have lots of ideeas that make the life of modelers easyer. So if you think that in order to make a good mod all you need is a modeller, a skinner and a coder you my friend is verry wrong. It is why game industrie needs concept artists. ( i also like codding, but i love to draw )

#5 morsematten

morsematten
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:31 AM

yeah man, you start small, you end big. sketching is basic, but it is foundation also.

and i'm not recruiting anyone to do a new mod, just to do something while we wait for the nxt remix to be released. i'm not trying to pose as a threat to anyone, or be rude to anyone, just finding some things to do while we all wait for remix 3. so pls dont get me wrong and come to this topic and saying i'm rude, or that this should be locked down. if pend says it, i will comply, because this is his forum after all.

and i dont need any credit if this is goin to work out, i just want to have something to do.

#6 Huzegun

Huzegun
  • Project Team
  • 164 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:38 PM

Then do your own mod with your own friends in a un-related or irrelevant matter. I know most modders need a concept refrence to make thier molds, but ... Its not a hard thing to come across. I have MSN, and out of my 193 contacts, 124 can draw with stupid good abilities. Thats 64% of my list, and those people are just average gamers. I'm not saying its a entirely useless skill, just that its common, and a good modeler already probably has atleast 3-4 of your type to get some work done. Wether or not its for a new mod entirely, or just a little thing, it is still very rude to try and draw people away from the mod for your own boredom. You have atleast a public version of remix, and if your to impaitent to wait for the new one, try inventing a time machine. Thats a win-win. Keeps you occupied, and if you succeed, you get to move and play the mod. :thumbsupsmiley:

#7 morsematten

morsematten
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:58 AM

to have something to do is better then to wait. Pend has alr said that it would not be soon for the nxt remix version to come out. abd i'm not drawing anybody away. i think there is someone in this forum who is a beta tester or a mod, and is also part of another mod. by saying that i'm drawing people away, you in fact do not have faith in remix. but i do, so i guess thats the difference. i really dont see how a side project is going to hurt remix, and i'm not doin it for my boredom. i'm just thinking of something to do while we all wait. i mean since you have negative feelings about this i can scrape the whole idea and go back to waiting. it is fine with me. but do remember, you are lettin people miss out a chance on trying out something new, or giving those who can mod but do not have a project at hand a chance to show off their skills. but i dont think this side project will succeed, with so many negative comments and little people wanting to do it. i guess it shall be gone forever.

#8 Huzegun

Huzegun
  • Project Team
  • 164 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:15 AM

Yes, Yes, thats all nice and good. Except for the fact that I assume you overlooked that I am part of the remix team... So uh, I kinda have to say your full of crap when you Think that I have no faith in the mod. And, in case you didn't know, doing something to pass the time is trying to remove boredom, for if you where not bored, then you obviously would not care about how long the delay or wait is. I do not care if you decide to start a new spin off mod to a spin off mod. Just do not do it in the place for where you spin-off to the spin-off's spin-off's orginal forum is.

Now, can we please have this locked before I have more people saying that drawing people away from a mod isn't hurting it...

#9 morsematten

morsematten
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:07 AM

it is okay huzegun, i understand your fears. i dont blame you for your attitude towards my idea, but in fact, i forgive you. i mean your look on this issuse doesnt mean that others agree with you. your opinion is that my idea of a side project will draw people away from remix3, and yes being in the remix3 team, you shouldnt have such a thought. other people, i think alias, plays other mod such as shockwave, but they still return to remix3. why? because there is something in remix3 that cannot be replaced. you are afraid that my side project will draw attention away from remix3, which means you do not have faith in remix3. what i said is not crap, and as you said in your last sentence, drawing away people hurts remix3. there are so many mod out there, arent they hurting remix3? i dont think so. i'm not saying crap when i said you have no faith in remix3, just look at your reply and you should be able to see.

and lock this topic if you wish, i wont have any complains. perhaps it is my wrong to have this posted in someone elses forum, but we are all a community, so i really dont see the harm. in this gaming community, you scratch my back, and i'll scratch yours. pend and creator share models dont they? but why dont creator and pend see each other as a threat to one another? why do pend use to share the same forum as creator? wont creator see this as a threat? the answer is quite obvious, NO. it is a community here, an internet forum where everyone engage in discussions, arguments such as you and me, when we dont even know each other, or see each other faces. we are a community dont you see? this forum, or this mod is still alive because of not only supporters from the gamers, but also support from fellow modders. they help one another, and i do believe pend has given his help to those modders in need. both pend and creator has a modding topic do they not?

if they see side projects, other mods as a threat, they wouldnt have shared their modding secrets with others. ok, if i have offended you huzegun. you may continue your request to pend to close this thread, in fact i hope you continue, because you know why huzegun, you just make me lose the fire in this.

#10 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 10 April 2008 - 05:11 PM

just wondering is there any coders/mappers/modders/skinners out there that do not have a current project or has alot of free time to spare. maybe we can make a mini mod or something. i dont know any modding/mapping/coding/skinning, but i can sketch.

Huzegun, your being ignorant.

By all means morsematten, go for it. Feel free to go for a project. I am almost positive that Pend would not mind at all if you used his forum to try and help. I very much doubt that he would see it as threat or find it rude. It would be slightly hippocritcal if he did, seeing as though thats how he started on the Contra forums! However, I suggest that at first everything should be independant learning, before you go trying to form a project team. There would be no harm if you got a team together on these forums after you got to grips with the basics. I mean, this is the place to do it.

However, I would say that you should start very small. And I suggest that aswell as sketching, you should learn how to do something else aswell. Coding, maybe modeling seeing as you are good visually. But start with the very very basics.

For coding, I mean something like changing the weapon damage on a tank to something else.. or putting an upgrade on it. something very simple. Keep practising that, get confident at it and then move up. I'm sure Pend will tell you infantry are very hard so that would come last. You should aim to do this by yourself, for yourself at first. Practising with Remix. Then, when your ready, you could try on a fresh ZH.

There is a topic on the Contra and Remix forums on Modding QandA . I suggest you read very throughly through them first, and get all the required tools nessecary, and follow basic steps. If you have any questions, post it in the Modding Q and A topic, and Creator or Pendaelose will be more than happy to help you out.

Edited by olli, 10 April 2008 - 05:20 PM.

Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#11 morsematten

morsematten
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:41 AM

thanks olli. i shall heed your advice

#12 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 15 April 2008 - 08:32 PM

Huzegun, your being ignorant.

By all means morsematten, go for it. Feel free to go for a project. I am almost positive that Pend would not mind at all if you used his forum to try and help. I very much doubt that he would see it as threat or find it rude. It would be slightly hippocritcal if he did, seeing as though thats how he started on the Contra forums! However, I suggest that at first everything should be independant learning, before you go trying to form a project team. There would be no harm if you got a team together on these forums after you got to grips with the basics. I mean, this is the place to do it.

However, I would say that you should start very small. And I suggest that aswell as sketching, you should learn how to do something else aswell. Coding, maybe modeling seeing as you are good visually. But start with the very very basics.

For coding, I mean something like changing the weapon damage on a tank to something else.. or putting an upgrade on it. something very simple. Keep practising that, get confident at it and then move up. I'm sure Pend will tell you infantry are very hard so that would come last. You should aim to do this by yourself, for yourself at first. Practising with Remix. Then, when your ready, you could try on a fresh ZH.

There is a topic on the Contra and Remix forums on Modding QandA . I suggest you read very throughly through them first, and get all the required tools nessecary, and follow basic steps. If you have any questions, post it in the Modding Q and A topic, and Creator or Pendaelose will be more than happy to help you out.

Olli, AMEN

Not only do I not discourage aspiring modders, I encourage them every chance I get!

A funny tidbit... the modding Q&A section in the Contra forum got started because I was asking my own questions about how to mod, and as I learned it became an area where I answered questions instead of asking them. The modding Q&A in the Remix forum I started so I could teach others.

thanks olli. i shall heed your advice

good luck. I wish I had enough mod-jiuce to work more on my own mod, much less help others, but feel free to ask for advice if you try learning any other area of modding. And, ofcourse, if you learn modeling or skinning I could always use help with Remix, that would definatly help pass the time waiting for it ^_^
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#13 morsematten

morsematten
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:14 AM

thanks pend. will try to learn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users