Photo

Adding ships for game start/ death star?

48 replies to this topic

#1 tenhunter

tenhunter
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:02 AM

Quick MOD question. In the campaign XML I have figured out how to change starting planets and such. Is there a list of what text lines will add what ships? I want to add ships that are not listed and can not figure out what adds what.

Also I am sorry to ask this question... but is it possible to add the death star? I know there is some debate, but I don't care about "balance".

Part 2 of this question is is there a xml data base anyone has put together or how to? There are a number of things I would love to do for personal use on this game like adjust development times and so on. Change it up a bit each time.

I do love this mod and the personalizing possibilities.

Edit: Merged double post.

Edited by Phoenix Rising, 11 February 2009 - 07:24 PM.

#2 keraunos

keraunos

Dominus et Deuculus

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:07 PM

Look into Xml folder, each unit has it's distinctive file. In the beginning you can find their tag (that's what you put behind faction and planet name in campaign file). Death Star should be somwhere in spacesuper file (IIRC that's where it is in stock game, maybe Phoenix put it into it's own file :thumbsupsmiley:)

#3 tenhunter

tenhunter
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:11 PM

I got the death star in that was cake just add ,Death_Star on starting forces for a planet.

<Starting_Forces> Empire, Byss, Death_Star </Starting_Forces>

Where can I find a list of ship codes?

<Starting_Forces> Empire, Yavin_4, E_Executor_Super_Star_Destroyer </Starting_Forces>

for instance this does not work...

<Starting_Forces> Empire, Alderaan, E_Executor_I-class_Star_Dreadnought </Starting_Forces>
Does work.

Edit: Merged double post.

Edited by Phoenix Rising, 11 February 2009 - 07:25 PM.

#4 Kaleb Graff

Kaleb Graff

title available

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:52 PM

<Starting_Forces> Empire, Yavin_4, E_Executor_Super_Star_Destroyer </Starting_Forces>

for instance this does not work...

<Starting_Forces> Empire, Alderaan, E_Executor_I-class_Star_Dreadnought </Starting_Forces>
Does work.

Phoenix removed the stock ships, except possibly the Death Star, and all have been re-titled. If you want an Executor at Yavin IV, the code would be
<Starting_Forces> Empire, Yavin_4, E_Executor_I-class_Star_Dreadnought </Starting_Forces>

You just have to remember the unit titles.

#5 keraunos

keraunos

Dominus et Deuculus

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:28 PM

And watch out not to take ship research upgrades as ships themselves :thumbsupsmiley:

#6 the drazz

the drazz
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 11:09 PM

Speaking of the Executor, what would I have to do to make Darth Vader upgradable from the Immortal to the Executor?

I know I would have to insert it in his hero XML file, but would I have to get the data for the hero Executor from the vanilla FOC Vader XML file and insert it into the PHoenix rising one?

Edited by the drazz, 05 May 2008 - 11:18 PM.

#7 Kitkun

Kitkun

Hater

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 07:14 AM

I'm no expert, but it would probably be a bad idea to use vanilla info in PR. First, I would say get the info for Exec II from Pr and put any power/fighter/etc. upgrades on it, (check Ackbar's Home One ability for one way for power upgrade), and change relevant things like name, etc.
After that, I have no idea, as I wasn't able to make my own random unit show up in the mod...

Frosty Freaky Foreign Forum Fox

<DevXen> Today I was at the store and saw a Darth Vader action figure that said "Choking Hazard." It was great.

#8 Tropical Bob

Tropical Bob

title available

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 03:30 PM

Well a good place to start on making Vader upgradeable to the Executor would be to look at Wedge's upgrade to the Lusankya. I don't know what you'd have to change in the coding, but it should be relatively simple to do so if you just copy it over...

But then again I could be wrong. I'm on someone else's computer right now, so I don't have access to all the files, else I would look into it myself. I might be able to much later today if someone else doesn't before then.

#9 the drazz

the drazz
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 06:07 PM

Well a good place to start on making Vader upgradeable to the Executor would be to look at Wedge's upgrade to the Lusankya. I don't know what you'd have to change in the coding, but it should be relatively simple to do so if you just copy it over...

But then again I could be wrong. I'm on someone else's computer right now, so I don't have access to all the files, else I would look into it myself. I might be able to much later today if someone else doesn't before then.

Yeah, thats what I actually tried doing, and I changed all the empire/rebel and Vader/Wedge stats accordingly, but I got a syntax error on start up. :p

But yeah, It would be great if you could look into it and give me feedback :huh:

Edited by the drazz, 06 May 2008 - 06:09 PM.

#10 Kaleb Graff

Kaleb Graff

title available

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 07:08 PM

Yeah, thats what I actually tried doing, and I changed all the empire/rebel and Vader/Wedge stats accordingly, but I got a syntax error on start up. :p

But yeah, It would be great if you could look into it and give me feedback :huh:

It would probably be better to use the Executor II, instead of the Lusankya, so you don't have to change all of the fighters. Other then that, use the Lusankya as the base.

#11 the drazz

the drazz
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 12:56 AM

It would probably be better to use the Executor II, instead of the Lusankya, so you don't have to change all of the fighters. Other then that, use the Lusankya as the base.

I did a mixture of both, but somewhere i screwed up.

#12 Tropical Bob

Tropical Bob

title available

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:33 AM

Okay. I'm certainly no coding master but this is what I can see as how to do it...And anyone who really knows what they're doing, correct me. (Lol...)

And for the sake of simplicity, I'm bolding any tags that have been altered.

You'd need to add this in under "Darth_Vader_Exactor" in the hero unit name area. The Text_ID tag remains the same because if you changed it to <Text_ID>TEXT_DARTH_VADER_EXECUTOR</Text_ID>, you'd get a [MISSING] value in the description box.

<HeroUnit Name="Darth_Vader_Executor">

<Variant_Of_Existing_Type>Darth_Vader_Immortal</Variant_Of_Existing_Type>

<Text_ID>TEXT_HERO_WEDGE_ANTILLES_LUSANKYA</Text_ID>

<Neutralization_Cost>65140.0</Neutralization_Cost>

Then add this in somewhere in the hero company name area.

<HeroCompany Name="Darth_Vader_Executor_Team">

<Variant_Of_Existing_Type>Darth_Vader_Immortal_Team</Variant_Of_Existing_Type>

<Text_ID>TEXT_HERO_WEDGE_ANTILLES_LUSANKYA</Text_ID>

<Build_Cost_Credits>249460</Build_Cost_Credits>
<Build_Time_Seconds>3191.9</Build_Time_Seconds>
<GUI_Row>1</GUI_Row>
<Required_Star_Base_Level>5</Required_Star_Base_Level>
<Required_Orbiting_Units>Immortal</Required_Orbiting_Units>
<Company_Transport_Unit>Executor</Company_Transport_Unit>
<Company_Units>Darth_Vader_Executor</Company_Units>

</HeroCompany>

I'm not quite sure if you'll change <Complany_Transport_Unit>Lusankya</Complany_Transport_Unit> to <Complany_Transport_Unit>Executor</Complany_Transport_Unit> or not, which I did include above. If there's an error, that could possibly be a place to look at. I'm not sure if that is just for the "Darth Vader with _____" text, or something completely different.

The next coding spot I'll cut down, since there's a lot of stuff you won't need to change in there. It goes in the unique unit name area. (***=skipped portion)

<UniqueUnit Name="Executor">

<Variant_Of_Existing_Type>Executor_II-class_Star_Dreadnought</Variant_Of_Existing_Type>

<Text_ID>TEXT_UNIQUE_LUSANKYA</Text_ID>
<Encyclopedia_Unit_Class>TEXT_ENCYCLOPEDIA_CLASS_ELITE_DREADNOUGHT</Encyclopedia_Unit_Class>
<Encyclopedia_Text>TEXT_UNIQUE_LUSANKYA_TOOLTIP</Encyclopedia_Text>
<Encyclopedia_Good_Against> Reef_Home-class_MC80_Star_Cruiser Bulwark-class_Battlecruiser Golan_III_Space_Defense_NovaGun </Encyclopedia_Good_Against>
<Encyclopedia_Vulnerable_To> Gamma-class_ATR-6_Assault_Transport GAT-12g_Skipray_Blastboat Ground_Rebel_Ion_Cannon </Encyclopedia_Vulnerable_To>
<Icon_Name>i_button_darth_vader.tga</Icon_Name>

<Shield_Points>295680</Shield_Points>
<Tactical_Health>110624</Tactical_Health>
<Autoresolve_Health>406304</Autoresolve_Health>

<Affiliation>Empire</Affiliation>

<Behavior>DUMMY_STARSHIP, SELECTABLE, POWERED, SHIELDED, TRANSPORT</Behavior>

<Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>E_TIE_Fighter_x9_Squadron, __</Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>
<Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>E_TIE_Interceptor_x9_Squadron, __</Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>
<Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>E_TIE_Avenger_x8_Squadron, __</Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>
<Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>E_TIE_Defender_x9_Squadron, __</Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>
<Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>E_TIE_Bomber_x9_Squadron, __</Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>

<SFXEvent_Build_Started>RHD_Build_Vehicle</SFXEvent_Build_Started>
<SFXEvent_Build_Cancelled>RHD_Unit_Canceled</SFXEvent_Build_Cancelled>
<SFXEvent_Build_Complete>Unit_Respawn_Vader</SFXEvent_Build_Complete>
<SFXEvent_Select>Unit_Select_Vader_Ship</SFXEvent_Select>
<SFXEvent_Move>Unit_Move_Vader_Ship</SFXEvent_Move>
<SFXEvent_Fleet_Move>Unit_Fleet_Move_Vader</SFXEvent_Fleet_Move>
<SFXEvent_Attack>Unit_Attack_Vader_Ship</SFXEvent_Attack>
<SFXEvent_Guard>Unit_Guard_Vader</SFXEvent_Guard>
<SFXEvent_Move_Opposite>Unit_Move_Vader_Ship</SFXEvent_Move_Opposite>
<SFXEvent_Barrage>Unit_Attack_Vader_Ship</SFXEvent_Barrage>
<SFXEvent_Stop>null</SFXEvent_Stop>
<SFXEvent_Assist_Move>Unit_Assist_Move_Vader_Ship</SFXEvent_Assist_Move>
<SFXEvent_Assist_Attack>Unit_Assist_Attack_Vader_Ship</SFXEvent_Assist_Attack>
<SFXEvent_Move_Into_Asteroid_Field>Unit_Move_Vader_Ship</SFXEvent_Move_Into_Asteroid_Field>
<SFXEvent_Move_Into_Nebula>Unit_Move_Vader_Ship</SFXEvent_Move_Into_Nebula>
<SFXEvent_Enemy_Health_Low_Warning>Unit_Enemy_Health_Low_Vader_Ship</SFXEvent_Enemy_Health_Low_Warning>
<SFXEvent_Enemy_Health_Critical_Warning>Unit_Enemy_Health_Critical_Vader_Ship</SFXEvent_Enemy_Health_Critical_Warning>
<SFXEvent_Health_Low_Warning>Unit_Health_Low_Vader_Ship</SFXEvent_Health_Low_Warning>
<SFXEvent_Health_Critical_Warning>Unit_Health_Critical_Vader_Ship</SFXEvent_Health_Critical_Warning>

<SFXEvent_Bombard_Select_Target>RHD_Bombard_Select_Target</SFXEvent_Bombard_Select_Target>
<SFXEvent_Bombard_Incoming>RHD_Bombard_Incoming</SFXEvent_Bombard_Incoming>

<SFXEvent_Attack_Hardpoint> HARD_POINT_WEAPON_LASER, Unit_Attack_Vader_Ship </SFXEvent_Attack_Hardpoint>
<SFXEvent_Attack_Hardpoint> HARD_POINT_WEAPON_MISSILE, Unit_Attack_Vader_Ship </SFXEvent_Attack_Hardpoint>
<SFXEvent_Attack_Hardpoint> HARD_POINT_WEAPON_TORPEDO, Unit_Attack_Vader_Ship </SFXEvent_Attack_Hardpoint>
<SFXEvent_Attack_Hardpoint> HARD_POINT_WEAPON_ION_CANNON, Unit_Attack_Vader_Ship </SFXEvent_Attack_Hardpoint>
<SFXEvent_Attack_Hardpoint> HARD_POINT_SHIELD_GENERATOR, Unit_Attack_Vader_Ship </SFXEvent_Attack_Hardpoint>
<SFXEvent_Attack_Hardpoint> HARD_POINT_ENGINE, Unit_Attack_Vader_Ship </SFXEvent_Attack_Hardpoint>
<SFXEvent_Attack_Hardpoint> HARD_POINT_GRAVITY_WELL, Unit_Attack_Vader_Ship </SFXEvent_Attack_Hardpoint>
<SFXEvent_Attack_Hardpoint> HARD_POINT_FIGHTER_BAY, Unit_Attack_Vader_Ship</SFXEvent_Attack_Hardpoint>

</UniqueUnit>

The SFX tags are just a lot of changing "Wedge_Rogue" to "Vader" or "Vader_Ship". Pay attention to which goes where. For the fighter/bomber squadrons, I changed the Rebel fighters to what I sort of consider their equivalents in Imperial terms, but I left the numbers blank. I don't know the canonical or balanced numbers for the Executor to have. You can either research that yourself, insert the stock Rebel numbers, or insert your own.

That's what I see needs to be done. Like I said, if anyone knows more about XML coding, go ahead and correct me. I hope this helps you. And works. :p I've never attempted anything like this before...

Edited by Tropical Bob, 09 May 2008 - 03:40 AM.

#13 the drazz

the drazz
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:58 AM

THanks! i'll give it a try.

Update:

Ok, so it works... Kinda.

It definently didnt cause a crash and it definently appeared in the build menu after building the Exactor, but then the first thing I noticed is that it said Wedge antilles with Lusankya. However, looking back at the XML and seeing the string name, and applying my knowledge of strings from previous games, I used the dat editor to create a new string titled TEXT_HERO_DARTH_VADER_EXECUTOR and edited the information with in accordingly. Then, after adjusting the rest of the strings, and building the Executor Another problem popped up: Darth Vader with the Exactor remained in place right next to the executor. :p

That problem is definently over my head and so is the next. I took it to a battle and besides the strange bugs that seem to accompany the other executor class ships, about an inch from the top of the screen the ship would be cut out of the map. I have no idea what causes that.

But yeah, thanks for getting me started!

Edited by the drazz, 07 May 2008 - 07:35 AM.

#14 Kitkun

Kitkun

Hater

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:58 AM

I think I messed up, but I got an syntax error, and then an exception... :p

<DevXen> Today I was at the store and saw a Darth Vader action figure that said "Choking Hazard." It was great.

#15 Kaleb Graff

Kaleb Graff

title available

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 07:28 PM

THanks! i'll give it a try.

Update:

Ok, so it works... Kinda.

It definently didnt cause a crash and it definently appeared in the build menu after building the Exactor, but then the first thing I noticed is that it said Wedge antilles with Lusankya. However, looking back at the XML and seeing the string name, and applying my knowledge of strings from previous games, I used the dat editor to create a new string titled TEXT_HERO_DARTH_VADER_EXECUTOR and edited the information with in accordingly. Then, after adjusting the rest of the strings, and building the Executor Another problem popped up: Darth Vader with the Exactor remained in place right next to the executor. :p

That problem is definently over my head and so is the next. I took it to a battle and besides the strange bugs that seem to accompany the other executor class ships, about an inch from the top of the screen the ship would be cut out of the map. I have no idea what causes that.

But yeah, thanks for getting me started!

Are you sure Vader wasn't next to the stock Executor?

#16 the drazz

the drazz
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:55 PM

Are you sure Vader wasn't next to the stock Executor?

Yes. There were two Darth Vader heads right next to each other, one said Darth Vader with Exactor, the other Darth Vader with Executor.

#17 Tropical Bob

Tropical Bob

title available

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:42 PM

I think I discovered why Darth Vader with Exactor appears there. In the hero unit section, change <Variant_Of_Existing_Type>Darth_Vader_Leader</Variant_Of_Existing_Type> to <Variant_Of_Existing_Type>Darth_Vader_Immortal</Variant_Of_Existing_Type>, and in the hero company section, change <Variant_Of_Existing_Type>Darth_Vader_Leader_Team</Variant_Of_Existing_Type> to <Variant_Of_Existing_Type>Darth_Vader_Immortal_Team</Variant_Of_Existing_Type>. Putting the Executor as a variant of Darth_Vader_Leader will put it in the chain on the same level as Darth_Vader_Exactor, so you'll be able to skip having the Exactor and the Immortal and go straith to the Executor. And similarly, if you went through those two, the Executor would be inaccessable.

Good find with the Text ID string. I forgot to mention that.

Edited by Tropical Bob, 07 May 2008 - 10:45 PM.

#18 the drazz

the drazz
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:53 AM

I think I discovered why Darth Vader with Exactor appears there. In the hero unit section, change <Variant_Of_Existing_Type>Darth_Vader_Leader</Variant_Of_Existing_Type> to <Variant_Of_Existing_Type>Darth_Vader_Immortal</Variant_Of_Existing_Type>, and in the hero company section, change <Variant_Of_Existing_Type>Darth_Vader_Leader_Team</Variant_Of_Existing_Type> to <Variant_Of_Existing_Type>Darth_Vader_Immortal_Team</Variant_Of_Existing_Type>. Putting the Executor as a variant of Darth_Vader_Leader will put it in the chain on the same level as Darth_Vader_Exactor, so you'll be able to skip having the Exactor and the Immortal and go straith to the Executor. And similarly, if you went through those two, the Executor would be inaccessable.

Good find with the Text ID string. I forgot to mention that.

Nope, it didnt work. Well, I took the immortal out of the file all together, I tried to change it to a variant of Darth_Vader_Exator and that didnt work either. :p

#19 Kitkun

Kitkun

Hater

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:35 AM

If anybody can get this working, could you please post your file so we lesser mortals can figure out what we are doing wrong?

#20 Tropical Bob

Tropical Bob

title available

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:53 PM

Nope, it didnt work. Well, I took the immortal out of the file all together, I tried to change it to a variant of Darth_Vader_Exator and that didnt work either. :p

Are you sure that you had this all correct?

<HeroCompany Name="Darth_Vader_Executor_Team">

<Variant_Of_Existing_Type>Darth_Vader_Immortal_Team</Variant_Of_Existing_Type>

<Text_ID>TEXT_HERO_DARTH_VADER_EXECUTOR</Text_ID>

<Build_Cost_Credits>249460</Build_Cost_Credits>
<Build_Time_Seconds>3191.9</Build_Time_Seconds>
<GUI_Row>1</GUI_Row>
<Required_Star_Base_Level>5</Required_Star_Base_Level>
<Required_Orbiting_Units>Immortal</Required_Orbiting_Units>
<Company_Transport_Unit>Executor</Company_Transport_Unit>
<Company_Units>Darth_Vader_Executor</Company_Units>

</HeroCompany>

If anybody can get this working, could you please post your file so we lesser mortals can figure out what we are doing wrong?

Heh. I don't know that I'd lump myself into a higher mortal category...But yes, if I get it working I'll upload it. I haven't tried testing it quite yet.

Edited by Tropical Bob, 09 May 2008 - 03:10 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users