Photo

Removing the SSD

45 replies to this topic

#1 A1Dasdfsdkli4r2

A1Dasdfsdkli4r2
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 11:51 PM

How do I remove the Soverign and the SSD from the AI build list.Also do I need any programs to remove them? And what exactly does Admiral Acbar do? like what ship does he give a bonus agianst?

#2 keraunos

keraunos

Dominus et Deuculus

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 01:01 PM

How do I remove the Soverign and the SSD from the AI build list.Also do I need any programs to remove them? And what exactly does Admiral Acbar do? like what ship does he give a bonus agianst?

To remove SSD & Sovereing class simply put:
<Build_Limit_Current_Per_Player>0</Build_Limit_Current_Per_Player>
<Build_Limit_Lifetime_Per_Player>0</Build_Limit_Lifetime_Per_Player>
in their respective xmls (SpaceUnitDreadnought_[name].xml]

For bonuses of Ackbar, look into NamedHeroAckbar. He gives:
To all units: 25% health & speed, 10% shield, defense & damage
To Independence class: 25% shield & HPs
B-Wings: research 25% cheaper

#3 Kaleb Graff

Kaleb Graff

title available

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 07:09 PM

Open the XMLs in wordpad or notepad.

#4 A1Dasdfsdkli4r2

A1Dasdfsdkli4r2
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 07:21 PM

thanks guys

#5 slornie

slornie
  • Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:20 PM

Dont forget that will also prevent you from building them (or at least, i think thats the case).
Posted Image

#6 A1Dasdfsdkli4r2

A1Dasdfsdkli4r2
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 06:02 AM

Dont forget that will also prevent you from building them (or at least, i think thats the case).

no I can still click on them and it starts building; i just didn't want to sit there and see if it built

#7 keraunos

keraunos

Dominus et Deuculus

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 03:21 PM

no I can still click on them and it starts building; i just didn't want to sit there and see if it built

That's strange, becouse this command should prevent anybody from building stuff. Are you sure you put it in the right place? I.e. just below <tag> stuff?

#8 A1Dasdfsdkli4r2

A1Dasdfsdkli4r2
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:46 PM

That's strange, becouse this command should prevent anybody from building stuff. Are you sure you put it in the right place? I.e. just below <tag> stuff?
[/quote]

Oh Im supposed to PUT it there? I just changed the one that was in there.

Edited by Ba Boracus, 17 April 2008 - 06:53 PM.

#9 keraunos

keraunos

Dominus et Deuculus

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:46 PM

Oh Im supposed to PUt it there? I just changed the one that was in there.

What do you mean by 'I changed the one that was in there', if not puting the lines under this tag? It will still be on AI building list otherwise...

Another way of removing unit is to go into .lua file I don't remeber and changing AI priorities. Better yet, change AI value to something very small: it considers cost*AI combat value, so if you set it very low it won't show at all...

#10 A1Dasdfsdkli4r2

A1Dasdfsdkli4r2
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 06:53 PM

Oh Im supposed to PUt it there? I just changed the one that was in there.

What do you mean by 'I changed the one that was in there', if not puting the lines under this tag? It will still be on AI building list otherwise...

Another way of removing unit is to go into .lua file I don't remeber and changing AI priorities. Better yet, change AI value to something very small: it considers cost*AI combat value, so if you set it very low it won't show at all...

if I had Pr installed (I just got a new computer) I'd show you the line i'm talking about, but unfortunatley I don't right now, so I'll just tryyour idea after I get it installed.

#11 A1Dasdfsdkli4r2

A1Dasdfsdkli4r2
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 06:51 PM

well forget all that other stuff. does it matter specifically where I put it?

#12 keraunos

keraunos

Dominus et Deuculus

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:33 PM

well forget all that other stuff. does it matter specifically where I put it?

Yup. You have to put it in the right file :), somewhere between unit stats' beginning and end. I suggest immediately under unit's name, as then it's easy to find...

#13 Kitkun

Kitkun

Hater

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 07:11 PM

Hmm... I did that, and got attacked by two Sovereigns on week nine.

Frosty Freaky Foreign Forum Fox

<DevXen> Today I was at the store and saw a Darth Vader action figure that said "Choking Hazard." It was great.

#14 Kaleb Graff

Kaleb Graff

title available

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 07:32 PM

Which campaign? If it's Shadow Hand, then I bet the Imps start with some. (I'm not sure, because I haven't played it)

#15 Kitkun

Kitkun

Hater

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 10:53 PM

Yeah, they start with one, but that doesn't explain the second one or how they got it so fast. But I think I solved it simply by putting required space station to level 6.

<DevXen> Today I was at the store and saw a Darth Vader action figure that said "Choking Hazard." It was great.

#16 keraunos

keraunos

Dominus et Deuculus

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 05:26 PM

Are you sure they start with one? I didn't try to play it, but I checked it and IIRC they had 2, as Kaleb said.

#17 Kitkun

Kitkun

Hater

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 07:20 PM

Hmm... I'll have to check again, I thought I only had one when I did imp on that campaign...

#18 Shadow-Dragon

Shadow-Dragon
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:17 AM

Yeah, they start with one, but that doesn't explain the second one or how they got it so fast. But I think I solved it simply by putting required space station to level 6.

The AI always cheats with SSDs. They are capable of bypassing credit requirements and such to mass build them. And they aren't easily destructible, so you can't widdle them down. Here's how you handle it though: Add Wedge Antilles to every campaign, then make it so Lusankya builds really fast, really cheap. SSD vs SSD generally means you win if you aim all fighters on the SSD.

#19 coinich

coinich

title available

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 01:05 AM

The AI always cheats with SSDs. They are capable of bypassing credit requirements and such to mass build them. And they aren't easily destructible, so you can't widdle them down. Here's how you handle it though: Add Wedge Antilles to every campaign, then make it so Lusankya builds really fast, really cheap. SSD vs SSD generally means you win if you aim all fighters on the SSD.

Source? Really, I doubt Petro made the game AI cheat, unless they did it on hard mode.

#20 Kitkun

Kitkun

Hater

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 05:21 AM

Source? Really, I doubt Petro made the game AI cheat, unless they did it on hard mode.

Well, the AI can cheat, but it's certainly not for only one ship, but for things in general. Check DifficultyAdjustments.xml for your exact info.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users