• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gyssar

Gyssar
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:13 PM

Hello everyone.

Was browsin' the net and stumbled upon this community a couple of weeks ago, so I'm new here.

Not new to modding though. Dropped out of Silgrad Tower (a TES4) community about a year ago cause real life caught up and whacked me over the head.

So anyhow, decided to come back to modding since my schedule freed up a bit. Never done strategy games so decided to join up here.

Decided to start with a little expansion MOD for CNC. Add a couple of units to each faction, maybe make a new factory and tech building, kill the game balance and all :wink_new: .

Here's what I started with (not too happy with the diffuse texture yet and the specular map needs a LOT of work, but It's almost done):

Basic unit:
Posted Image

After main gun upgrade:
Posted Image

After main gun and armor upgrades:
Posted Image

There's yet another upgrade piece that I haven't fully modeled in yet and there's still the destroyed model left to do (along with damage texture). I'll probably add that by the end of the week and finish cleaning up the code for the thing by then. Maybe record some custom ack. sounds.

After I finish the tank I'll probably start work on the new buildings I was planning to add for the GDI faction.

#2 Helge129

Helge129

title available

• Project Team
  • 259 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 10:39 PM

HOLY ****! This is one of the most awesome and make-people-shit-bricks model I have seen in quite a while^^

fhvfBYy.jpg

#3 Gyssar

Gyssar
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 03:04 PM

Heh, not THAT awesome, really.

TBH not a very well optimised model. I'm used to making stuff in regards to Oblivion's Netware/Gamebryo engine with a 20K poly quota and 16MB textures :p (besides, this is my first vehicle model ever, I'm used to character models and buildings mostly) so I went slightly overboard with polycount (4500) and texture sizes (2 texture sets (as in diffuse, normal, specular, housecolor) at 1024x1024 pixels). I now realize that I could have just as easily done with 512 textures. I'm being lazy about re-doing the textures now, because just shrinking them in PS produces very messy results... needs to be done layer by layer.

BUT! All above mentioned taken into account, so I'll be a good boy from now on.

Didn't have the time to finish off the rest of the work so nothing to show right at the moment. More updates coming up.

I HAVE done some rough work on 2 new GDI buildings though, I might post some pics soon.

Gyssar out. ^_^

#4 Helge129

Helge129

title available

• Project Team
  • 259 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:35 PM

Still one of the best lookin models I've seen in a while ^_^

fhvfBYy.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users