thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI Scripting Project
  • Division:DoW
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 24 April 2008 - 01:11 PM

Thanks Cultist -- will test tonight! This is very cool work you have done. True community spirit!

Edit - just curious why there are two downloads for the same Heroes? Which one should I use?
Advanced Skirmish AI Team Lead for the coolest Warhammer40k PC RTS out there:

Dawn of War Advanced AI Headquarters

Latest DoW Advanced AI Download!

#22 Cultist

Cultist
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 02:03 PM

Thanks too! I found it very interesting to script for a game.

Test the first Heroes, I uploaded the second Heroes only if there are any clues for this transport thing (the error says "cannot detach squad while loading in transport/building", how does the game know that?).

Btw, why aren't missionaries commanders, they are the only (beside skull probes) attachable units which can't go higher than lv 7.

I witnessed something strange about the Canoness, having 4888HP at lv4 then lv5 4230HP and lv6 4700HP.
Hmm... it was already lv 4 when I researched the I&II commander upgrade. I don't think I did something wrong the unit checks compare names and there is only one Canoness.
Same to the IG command squad, having ca. 3300HP and suddenly only 3160HP (there were priests in the squad one died and I reinforced it again).

Edited by Cultist, 28 April 2008 - 03:31 PM.

#23 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 02:08 PM

@Cultist - are you working with Akhran on this work? He should be directly kept in the loop as this is seriously good work on the HEROES game mode.

#24 Cultist

Cultist
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 02:32 PM

@Cultist - are you working with Akhran on this work? He should be directly kept in the loop as this is seriously good work on the HEROES game mode.

How to tell him?

I think it's done anyway, if there are no more errors.

Btw: If I'm right the whole game code is not accessible so we cannot figure out how the detaching function works (if there wasn't an appropriate check forcing squads to detach when it's impossible would cause a CTD and no warnings in the console).

#25 ArkhanTheBlack

ArkhanTheBlack

title available

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 10:41 AM

I'm very busy at the moment. I'll have a look at it when the patch gets released and we're updating to 3.1.

Cultist seems to be able to handle the code quite good so far, therefore there's no urgent need for me to jump in at the moment anyway.

#26 Cultist

Cultist
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 04:57 PM

I've found the cause for the strange HP boost of the Canoness.
That's because the health modifier is applied to the strongest squad member, the one with the morale bar (attached or not). This modifier will only be reasigned if this unit dies or detaches but the detached unit retains it. Ie lv4 Canoness and lv4 Battle Sister Squad: 2350HP*(1+3*0.2)*(1+3*0.1) = 4888HP, the Canoness received the Battle Sister Squad's health modifier and only by upleveling everything turned back normal.
I'm telling you this because I wanted to ask if it's possible to use the wargear health modifier, these can affect all squad members, ie the Archon has wargear which increases the Incubi's health.

Apropos I'm gonna add more campaign units into the races files.

Edited by Cultist, 28 April 2008 - 05:08 PM.

#27 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:24 PM

Well done Cultist! That would be VERY kind of you to look into any campaign units we forgot to add.

#28 Cultist

Cultist
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:29 PM

No problem!

I can do some tests in the campaign to see which units are really used and remove the uneeded ones from the races files and I think tere are many, the campaign uses only the new dxp3 blueprints but we'll see... .

Hmm... this is already done for the dark eldar, playing with them right now. :p

Also the avenging angel(Canoness summons them) is missing (ai: unit has no unit strenght), don't know if you know, just saying.

Anyway, added it too it'll receive the XP from the C, Illusion Monolith added works alike.
I'll add the Ethereal unit clones too.
Also thinking about the Bloodthirster, maybe it should gather Training Time while in battle and not outside, it should also lose XP if not in battle. Hmm... what are your suggestions I definitely want to change this since nobody takes the Bloodthirster out of battle.

I changed most unit titles in races, got'em from the DOW Wiki.
Seer Council,Mega Armoured Nobz, Living Saint are using upgradecomander function now.
Hellions upgrade function changed from ranged to melee, tell me if this was on purpose! Hellions are much more effective in close combat, looked at the damage/sec. (Dow Wiki).

Edited by Cultist, 28 April 2008 - 06:42 PM.

#29 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:00 PM

Damn I swear I thought I added those non-controllable avenging angels in there. They are temporary in the game but still yes need an entry in the unitstats.ai but not really need in HEROES per se. Good find, Cultist. Well done!

#30 Cultist

Cultist
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:16 PM

Ok then I'll remove these angels,monolith and won't add clones!

Question: Is the Ai capable of attacking your stronghold, I mean in order to find the needed blueprints, there are special stronghold units?

#31 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:16 PM

Hmm.. no I would keep those in there (ie. Angels and Monolith) as WE DO NOT want any console errors message ever.

Its really odd..I did almost a hundred hours it seems of Sisters AI testing and NOT once did I ever see that angels issue with the Canoness's Ascension ability (that conjures them). Bloody weird.

I have no idea on the Stronghold units question since I don't play single player.

#32 RobertW7928

RobertW7928
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:40 PM

Well done Cultist! That would be VERY kind of you to look into any campaign units we forgot to add.

OMFG you hypercritical son of a . . . , I did mention about campaign units with hero's, did I get any consideration for my report? :) u omitted it ffs :) , just because I wasn't as detailed and don't have any programming knowledge :p , yeah Cultist try the enemy Strongholds hero's dont seem to work plus the console gets filled with so an so has no unit strength

#33 Cultist

Cultist
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:22 AM

Edit:Attached File  Heroes.rar   16.62KB   17 downloads
There were some print functions I forgot about, sorry.

The races files should contain all needed units. I got the bonus and stronghold squads from stronghold scars and some races files in scenarios/sp/ .

The tau/spacemarine stronghold scars have the tau_orca_dropship_sp_dxp3/space_marine_squad_thunderhawk blueprints, they may produce errors.

Edited by Cultist, 01 May 2008 - 12:03 AM.

#34 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 03:14 AM

Looks good, Cultist! You did a marvellous job!

Btw, why doesn't the SM have a "AspiringChampion = true," designation for some of their squads like Chaos has? Don't they suffer from the same loss of veterency?

#35 Cultist

Cultist
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 07:19 AM

The "AspiringChampion = true" is only for squads which can summon the bloodthirster in order to find the one which summoned it.

#36 RobertW7928

RobertW7928
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 09:10 PM

oh look its omitted again :p , anyways is this hero's in test form before being implemented in 3.1? or can others use it before then? Question: is there a way to make the ai more challenging in campaign because in default state the ai is either easy or standard and there both nerfed =/ so any help there?

#37 LarkinVB

LarkinVB

title available

• Members
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:59 AM

Use control panel and remove easy/standard limitations there.

#38 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 02:25 PM

anyways is this hero's in test form before being implemented in 3.1?

Culist's excellent HEROES modifications WILL BE ADDED if you all start testing it to ensure its solid. So far it looks so in my testing (usually 3vs3 and observing) but all of you need to use his HEROES work and try it for yourself.

So try:

- Garrison/Ungarrisoning troops from buildings/vehicles - squads retain veterancy?
- Conjuring BloodThister - squads retain veterancy?
- Necron Lord becomes NB/Deceiver - retains veterancy?
- Guard HeavyWeapon Team entrenches/uproots - retains veterancy?
- Any attachable unit attachs/unattachs from a squad - retains veterancy?

Try it for yourself.

#39 RobertW7928

RobertW7928
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 03:14 PM

Well as for the limitations easy and standard still have a resource and tech limit nerf, as for the hero's Cultist done there is still problems with units no strength sisters_squad_canoness_advance_sp for example if you havent got it yet . . . do something about it same with playing on the strongholds/take and hold hero's isen't functioning, i'm playing through campaign with Imperial Guard and notice something weird with the HWT its not an issue but when you entrench for example its for example lv3 then you uproots and becomes lv2 and I'm like bug? then i entrench again and its lv3 health everything went back so yeah, well the HWT seems to work it floods the console with Guard_heavy_weapon_team_entrenched_squad_hg_dxp3 an Guard_heavy_weapons_team_squad_hg_dxp3 has no attack strength. check EVERYTHING do SOMETHING I'd like the hero's to work in stronghold and even tho its not as important the take an hold in the webway maps also.

#40 Cultist

Cultist
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:08 PM

@RobertW7928 the no unit strength problem cannot be changed in HEROES!
At least all units are/should be able to achieve lvs.

lv3 HWT then lv2 then back lv3. Hmm... Did you uproot it again, and did the lv change? Note: It won't work if you have more than one at once (ie. startup (defensive mission) or starting to build >=2 HWTs exactly at the same time, the probability that it'll work correctly drps to 100%/HWTcount). You can disturb the HWT if it tries to entrench but it MUST entrench (once) before you get another one.

In the take and hold missions
appeares following in the console:
MOD-- failed to load W40K\...
MOD-- failed to load DXP2\...
MOD-- failed to load Dowai\... (I'm unsure but there was one file from a different directory)

In the stronghold mission there was no attempt to load these files (at least for the DE).

Edit: Yes, I don't know which files exactly but I can't remember, sorry.

Edited by Cultist, 04 May 2008 - 11:34 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users