• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 27 April 2008 - 03:29 PM

Yeah, I'd say just punches and staff swings with magical knockback.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#22 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 27 April 2008 - 04:46 PM

That sounds like the only option to me, yes. Staff attacks with some knockback to it. I just can't imagine him with a weapon apart from his staff.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#23 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 27 April 2008 - 05:18 PM

Magical Staff = Kickass...

I say no to knockback...
Remeber in RotK, when Gandalf hits orcies with his staff? He doesn't hit every orc with his sword :blink:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#24 Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Edward Fitzgerald

• Hosted
  • 945 posts
  • Projects:Star Wars: TOTR/RJ-ROTWK/S.E.E.
  •  Modeller. Animator. Light Coding/Skinning

Posted 27 April 2008 - 06:45 PM

Magical Staff = Kickass...

I say no to knockback...
Remeber in RotK, when Gandalf hits orcies with his staff? He doesn't hit every orc with his sword :blink:

Ya - seeing as he is a lesser wizard it prob wouldn't seem right that he'd have knock back and Gdalf and Sman don't - just hope my attack anims are up to scratch.... There's no more milk left to feed my coffee addiction, argh! black coffee is vile! Thanks for the comments, I'll prob have to edit something in an ini for damage taken via a staff as opposed to sword seeing as a sword is more one on one attacking verses a staff which can be swung.

Posted Image

#25 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:58 PM

Small AoE damage without knock-back then, I guess?
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#26 Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Edward Fitzgerald

• Hosted
  • 945 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:07 PM

Hi Guys
So here we are, I couldn't possibly do all the anims for Radagast myself so I've adopted Gandalfs anims sans sword, he will no just hit/punch and swing his staff, I'm going to drop his health a little too to about 2/3 of Gandalfs, and once I have the little things like XP, custom powers and summon abilities then I'm going to add a mount ability so that he can mount gwaihir - however I'm thinking with the mount ability due to its obvious advantage that it should only be used as a scout (unsure yet). I will also be needing a voice for Radagast, so if you think you've got what it takes then by all means forward me some samples.... remember be original, you don't have to be exactly like Gandalf or Saruman.

And an added note, I've re-edited the body so that its Gandalfs body, the proportions were better than mine, I just collapsed poor Gandis head.... and replaced the staff and deleted the sword and replaced the texture and the new head... Hope you like. I think I'll change the walk, Gandalfs walk is very distinguishable.....

Ed

PS - Anyone wanna donate HI's?

Edited by Ed Of The 3rd Kind, 08 June 2008 - 01:23 PM.

Posted Image

#27 Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Edward Fitzgerald

• Hosted
  • 945 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:19 AM

I'll upload some sounds there later... will have to convert to mp3, doesn't seem like anywhere has a working on line wav player

Edited by Ed Of The 3rd Kind, 28 April 2008 - 09:20 AM.

Posted Image

#28 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  • Projects:Star Villains and Space heroes, The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME/Unity

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:52 AM

I like it... different than your usual plain brown radagst for sure.

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#29 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:32 AM

Indeed! :p The eagle riding Radagast reminds me of RJ's Radagast, except yours looks better imo. Now all this baby needs is some powers, a voice and some art :good:

#30 Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Edward Fitzgerald

• Hosted
  • 945 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:52 AM

:good: Thanks guys, the texture for the robe was robbed in part from the LOTRO Radagast, the pic was really small so up close it looks rather pixelised, if anyone has pics of some good cloth textures then feel free to send them along. in game he looks grand as a playable character but as an provided ur not going in too close but as a cine character the bodies way too under textured. Am figuring out some powers as we speak.

May need some help with binding the eagle to bone, last time I bound the eagle the anims went really astray, one of the wings veered off in an opposing direction. Was also thinking of doing something like Tarzan-ish (but not at all) as in something like a call of the wild power where he could summon an horde of various animals that would attack the enemy. Some wild allegiance on Creeps or something (but I cant see how that would figure in with a goodfaction). Also as and with the whole nature theme and because he is in a lesser wizard with lesser spells and lesser health etc I am figuring on making him a stealth when stood still unit. Have to look up the 2d art tutorial as of yet to see if I can jimmy together some 2d buttons, coding is my least fave thing to do but alas it has to be done. :p

Posted Image

#31 Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Edward Fitzgerald

• Hosted
  • 945 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:12 AM

some sounds in trial phase -

DivShare File - attack_1.mp3

DivShare File - attack_2.mp3

DivShare File - attack_3.mp3

DivShare File - attack_4.mp3

DivShare File - attack_5.mp3

DivShare File - attention.mp3

DivShare File - back2castle.mp3

DivShare File - dead.mp3

DivShare File - dying_2.mp3

DivShare File - dying_1.mp3

Edited by Ed Of The 3rd Kind, 28 April 2008 - 11:14 AM.

Posted Image

#32 Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Edward Fitzgerald

• Hosted
  • 945 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:16 AM

DivShare File - findbuilding.mp3

DivShare File - intro_1.mp3

DivShare File - intro_2.mp3

DivShare File - intro_3.mp3

DivShare File - lightwillprevail.mp3

Posted Image

#33 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:17 AM

Sounds good, although a bit too agressive for an Istari imo. I'll create the buttons and palantír image if you'd like :p

#34 Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Edward Fitzgerald

• Hosted
  • 945 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:20 AM

I would love if you could do that, it be great you need anything from me as regards that, I can forward you some PNG's/ Targas of the model if you like? And as for the angry Istari, you're probably right, I'll try and do the old man voice again in a more soothed voice.... in the meantime check out the spell sound for creature summon -

DivShare File - summon creature.mp3

Edited by Ed Of The 3rd Kind, 28 April 2008 - 11:24 AM.

Posted Image

#35 Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Edward Fitzgerald

• Hosted
  • 945 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:15 PM

ok so as for powers, I'm thinking

wizardblast lvl 2 (seems to be the generic wizard power)
mount eagle at lvl4
....................... lvl 6 suggestions? unseen passive power leadership plus one seen/useable power....
summon animals lvl 8 (create a new ocl for animals, not sure if I'll have to animate models, might just have some wolves summoned)
move unseen at lvl 10 (was thinking of having this at a lower level but am stuck for ideas for a powers)

Posted Image

#36 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:21 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image
might redo the second one once i get the old background back... for some reason it is removed from the site. Anyone got it?

I'm looking for the background I used in this image:

Posted Image

Edited by Allathar, 28 April 2008 - 06:24 PM.

#37 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:02 PM

I like it... different than your usual plain brown radagst for sure.

and from the usual Gandalf plus brown filter :p

palentir can be found: http://www.the3rdage...item-16?addview (and this is a proper one, the one you used is a badly smudged Gloin :good:

Edited by m@tt, 28 April 2008 - 07:55 PM.

Posted Image

#38 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:14 PM

Thanks M@tt :p

edit: wait, that's the map one - I'm looking for the palantir images one

Edited by Allathar, 28 April 2008 - 07:17 PM.

#39 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:54 PM

Eek... copy and paste didn't work :p I gave someone that link earlier.

http://www.the3rdage...item-16?addview
Posted Image

#40 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:05 PM

Thanks again :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users