Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 05 March 2009 - 03:45 PM

If SWG is happy to run WoW, I see no reason why not. Of course, it would be up to Nowe ultimately, and if he agreed then it would be up to SWG to come up with a new storyline and a way to reinvigorate it and whatnot, but that's what I did with Arsencia. Revamping old RPs is just as good a way to get new members as new RPs. Either way, it couldn't hurt to ask.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#22 Drakconus

Drakconus
  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 06:23 PM

I think that I have a few friends who would be interested in WoW, I will ask them.

#23 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 06 March 2009 - 09:52 AM

The more support the better.

@Dur: lol, co-ownership of WoW would not bestow upon me adminship in the frontier, i would just be helping to run that single RPG, so i'd only have powers in WoW, and just because i would be helping to run an RPG doesn't mean i couldn't also participate in the other RPGs as a member. Thats what i did when i had DZ:GI (my own RPG), i ran that while RPing in the other RPGs too.

You only get hosted grouping when you run your own RPG, not admin grouping

But, again, I'm not saying I definitely will, just that if activity picks up enough i would consider it(with Nowe's permission)...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 Byakuya Kuchiki

Byakuya Kuchiki

Runs with Scissors

• Members
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 03:54 AM

I wouldn't mind the help at all SWG. In fact I've been meaning to come back here to my roots of gaming. I've quit all my online MMOs...as I've gotten bored of most of them. Soooooooo without further ado about nothing, I'mma try to get the sections RPs back in spit spot shape. Of course I'm always open to plot suggestions, and I'm going to be focusing on creating a new RPG that will hopefully surpass and bring in new activity. It's going to be a (hopefully) massive RP that will require a well thought system. I'll need helpers for it if anyone wants. There will be classes/races/good-evil. Players will be able to customize their characters the way they want them to be. And then we will have the world map, but this is all speculation of course. If you'd like to help, contact me via PM.

Posted Image

#25 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 07 March 2009 - 05:42 AM

Is this new RPG a fantasy or sci fi RPG?
and what will you be doing about Worlds of War? will this 'new' one be replacing it? will you have both running at once? will Worlds of War become this new one?

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image

#26 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 07 March 2009 - 02:44 PM

I have a whole class/race/even STAT list for a fantasy RP... ;)
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#27 Byakuya Kuchiki

Byakuya Kuchiki

Runs with Scissors

• Members
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:18 PM

OK ok, so many questions so little time. Anyways to answer a few:

1) Will Worlds of War be replaced by this new one?
A) No, this new one will not be replacing WoW, both will be running concurently.

2) Is this RP a fantasy or sci-fi RP?
A) Fantasy RP, tho not in a style that anyone has seen yet.

That adresses the questions above. Now, as for a few other ingenious ideas of mine...

A PvP system will be placed into effect called the Arena of Worlds. In the arena, anyone may challenge anyone (even npcs). The Arena is not an OOC area, and resides in one of the cities on the world. The outcomes of the Arena are such that characters survive, just that one is chosen as victor, and looser has to leave the arena. Note that the arena is always looking for new participants, and as such some adventurers have been dissappearing around the area as of late...

A class system will also be available, but will have no relation to the race system. Any race will be able to be any class, and vice versa. As such, I'm tossing out the general fantasy classes (Mage, Paladin, Warrior, etc.) and bringing in a few that I enjoy more then those base classes as is. This doesn't mean that you CAN'T be a pure mage/paladin/warrior/etc, it just means that it would be incredibly difficult to master a pure class. Races will have some special abilities, and as such one race's abilities will not be the same as another race. Take for instance the Hasaddii, a race of beings that can change their appearance (glamour magic is prolific in their race) at will; and for another example the Immarada, a race of beings that revile evil, and as such gain advantage over shadow magic (also known as a true paladin, although they can take any class, the ability to overcome shadow magic is special to the Immarda).

These are just a few things to expect in the RP.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users