#101 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:50 PM

If I know it correct, then there's about 3-5 marshals of Rohan...
Like, one for the Eastfold, Westfold, whateverotherfoldstherearefold... :ninja:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#102 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:05 PM

IIRC, there were three "head" Marshalls:
-Theoden, who managed the forces of Edoras and the surrounding lands. Following his descent, Theodred took over his control. Theodred himself was succeeded by Grimbold following his death...and it was passed on to Eomer, after Grimbold's own death. Bad luck, eh?
-Erkendbrand, who obviously commanded the Westfold. Out of the three that started, he was the only that remained "in office" so to speak.
-and Eomer. He commanded the Eastfold, but was succeeded by Elfhelm (woot) after he inherited the throne from Theoden.
Personally, I like to imagine that there were many "lesser" Marshalls - localized leaders of multiple eoreds. Good examples would be Elfhelm and Grimbold prior to the War of the Ring. These would be the equivalents of the other Good Faction's Captains ingame.
Cheers,
-mike

#103 Thorin

Thorin
  • Project Team
  • 151 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 11:00 PM

elfhelm, you're a little off... Particularly with regards to Grimbold. During Theoden's reign, there were 3 Marshals.

The 1st Marshal (Theoden), the 2nd Marshal (Theodred) and the 3rd Marshal (Eomer).

After Theodred's death, Eomer was made the 2nd Marshal, and (though not officially), Erkenbrand effectively became 3rd Marshal.

After Theoden's death, the system was slightly changed - the 2nd and 3rd Marshals were renamed and were made of equal authority, and is as so:

The 1st Marshal (Eomer), Marshal of the West Mark (Erkenbrand), Marshal of the East Mark (Elfhelm)

#104 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 01:27 AM

That's right...you'll have to forgive me, I haven't read up on that system in quite a while.
-mike

#105 Thorin

Thorin
  • Project Team
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 04:34 PM

You know it ;)

#106 Aliavix

Aliavix
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 03:13 PM

I think you should have a unit called outlawed rohhirm that merge into Eomer and become his bodygaurds. They should get extra speed and pillage more. They could switch wepons between spear and bow. And if one of them dies you can go to the stables or somewere and get another one.

#107 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 06 July 2008 - 02:42 AM

Hmmm, or even have them as those early-game cavalry units that we were discussing previously maybe?
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#108 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 02:53 AM

I think Rohan's early-game would be where their infantry would be primarily used, and the cavalry would take over in the mid-to-late-game.

#109 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 06 July 2008 - 03:03 AM

Yeah, they would definately be used, but early game cavalry would be unique to Rohan; it would also give them another strategy. That's how I see it.
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#110 Argeleb

Argeleb

title available

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 06:35 AM

About Rohan's minifactions... If there is Lórien, is it two times in a minifac :S? Druadan forest would be cool minifac ;)
Druadan wildmen could be healers and fighters.

Oh and then back to the weapons:
Cris Smiths' Weapons and Armies book:(I have translated name from a finnish name, I don't know the real english name :D) "The spear was the second weapon for Rohhirm soldiers but in charge the first...." So, the rohhirm could have some kind of charge ability with spears and then wield axes and swords?
Fan of mods:
RJ-ROWTK, Massive Middle-earth, Elven Alliance,
Battles of Narnia, Lone Wolf, Rhovanion Alliance,
Age of the Firstborn, The Fourth Age, Battles of Gondor,
Note: Mods are not "how much I like them" order
Argeleb Posted Image

#111 Getfuzzy

Getfuzzy
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:23 AM

A little idéa for Rohan - a mounted scout. A singel horseman that have great line of sight, but very poor attack and weak armour. Really liked the sentinell from Elven Alliance-mod, that scout unit.

Also, is the Heroes from the Rohan minifaction Westfold (I think is was,...), be able to mount or would they just be foot heroes?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users