#81 Neutron4ever

Neutron4ever

title available

• Project Team
  • 893 posts
  • Projects:RCMOD, Kings of the West, Battle For Alagaesia
  •  RCMOD and KOTW Betatester and Edit Button Fanatic

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:07 PM

Oh so they're supposed to start at level 2? Oh and when I was playing today, I finally got to Rhun final power, and I have to say....IT WAS AMAZING!!! At first I was like: huh? Is that it?? But then that huge blast came....WOW

I've got a few more bugs..

1. Rohan AI only builds militia
2. Rohan Militia is kinda overpowered...I used about 5 bats and mowed through an entire army of rhun swordsmen and spearmen...but archers can take care of them.
3. This has been mentioned before, but Gondor AI well...sucks. I'd suggest changing the Gondor AI build sequence by putting in barracks before archers, that way they can put up more of a fight.
4. The Gondor Spearmen and rhun pikes still don't do anything to calvary...
5. Rhun spearmen are WAY to weak...It takes them about 5 hits do kill a single rohan militia unit.
6. This one's not really a bug but more of a balance issue...but the KODA are pretty much unstoppable...what with their glorious charge thing...is it possible to maybe incorporate that as an upgrade or something?? That way it won't be so cheap...my friend absolutely massacred me online..
7. Rhun sometime doesn't have a citadel and they automatically get defeated...I was playing a game with the AI once and spent like half an hour building up my army, and when I got to their base...no ones there..

That's all I have for now. I have a question though.. The Rohan heroes, they're getting more powers right? 'Cause their my favourite faction in the mod. And for Eldaravir, what happened to his personal body guards? Those guys were COOL and they kinda fixed his weakness...Are they still in the mod? 'Cause I wanna add them in again...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted Image

#82 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:04 PM

1. Rohan AI only builds militia
2. Rohan Militia is kinda overpowered...I used about 5 bats and mowed through an entire army of rhun swordsmen and spearmen...but archers can take care of them.

Remember, Rohan isn't completed, and I haven't really touched their AI ;) Expect for making Militia.. Don't play against them ;)

3. This has been mentioned before, but Gondor AI well...sucks. I'd suggest changing the Gondor AI build sequence by putting in barracks before archers, that way they can put up more of a fight.

Yeah, I think the fact that Kingdom of Gondor doesn't work affects the AI in that way... Will try to fix this asap ;)

4. The Gondor Spearmen and rhun pikes still don't do anything to calvary...

Gondor spearmen shouldn't... And do you have the pikemen in their formation? That's the only way to go :p

5. Rhun spearmen are WAY to weak...It takes them about 5 hits do kill a single rohan militia unit.

Yeah, I'm aware that they are indeed much much weaker than I intended to.

6. This one's not really a bug but more of a balance issue...but the KODA are pretty much unstoppable...what with their glorious charge thing...is it possible to maybe incorporate that as an upgrade or something?? That way it won't be so cheap...my friend absolutely massacred me online..

I'll see to it to debuff them ;)

7. Rhun sometime doesn't have a citadel and they automatically get defeated...I was playing a game with the AI once and spent like half an hour building up my army, and when I got to their base...no ones there..

Could you please find out what map this happened on, and where they were positioned? It's a problem with a base, but I don't want to go through all of them to nail the problem.. :p

The Rohan heroes, they're getting more powers right? 'Cause their my favourite faction in the mod.

Yeah, they'll get more powers, atleast the ones with very little :p

And for Eldaravir, what happened to his personal body guards? Those guys were COOL and they kinda fixed his weakness...Are they still in the mod? 'Cause I wanna add them in again...

I had to ditch that idea, because there were errors when he was mounting, the guards didn't mount as I wanted them to... And when he's mounted, they can't be following him around by foot, so I just ditched it ;)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#83 Neutron4ever

Neutron4ever

title available

• Project Team
  • 893 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 03:49 AM

Well, I can't remember on the top of my head what maps this happened in, but it ussually only happened for me when the base was facing NE or NW. It doesn't happen 100% each time, just sometimes.

The last time this happened for me was when I was playing a custom BFME map, that WOG one where you get 2k CP and infinite resources. I can't remember whether or not this happened in the original maps, but i'm sure it did.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the bases were usually on the bottom half of the map

Edited by neutron4ever, 24 December 2008 - 03:50 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted Image

#84 Fenemarche

Fenemarche
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 11:30 AM

Well you could also make the Rhun mounted heros slower, so they all charge at the same time ;)

But they don't need to be exactly the same speed, Gandalf the white is faster than knights, and Eomer is faster than rohirim :p So it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

#85 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 04:31 PM

But you've got Theoden and Eowyn that's as fast :p
And Faramir...
But the horses of Rhun will be all at the same speed ;)

NE or NW, means that it's at the bottom of the map ;) Still... camp? castle? outpost?
It does happen 100% of the times on the one that's wrong, and 0% of the time on those it really works for ;) On bases, it either works or not :p

edit: just checked on the NW\E bases, and they are all flawless... well, unless the bases are actually not there of course..

Edited by Lauri, 25 December 2008 - 04:34 PM.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#86 Neutron4ever

Neutron4ever

title available

• Project Team
  • 893 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 06:17 PM

It was a camp...

Maybe it has something to do with the map?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#87 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 06:36 PM

Possibly..

Unless you do find out if it's on a normal BFME map, I'll assume it's on one of those custom maps.. ;)
If you want to nail it, do a Osgiliath game, all players on Team 1, all players Rhun, and start... I'd do this, but I don't currently have time, so I'd be thrilled if you'd be able to help out :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#88 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts
  • Projects:Lurking
  •  I'm a physician now. Scary, right?

Posted 14 January 2009 - 03:49 AM

Faction: Gondor
Who: Citadel Guards summoned by Eldaravir when he's near death
What: What the fuck?
How: I clicked on Eldaravir to mount as he was injured. I think he summoned the guards when he was mounting.

Edited by King Telemnar, 21 January 2009 - 05:52 AM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#89 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:50 PM

Well, that shouldn't happen :crazed:
thanks for the heads up :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#90 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:59 AM

Any time. I don't like having multiple king-like beings running around lest they are the king himself or his bodyguards (which would, oddly enough, likely be stronger than him in his current state).

Also, I'm not sure if this is a bug, but this doesn't seem to be a very good representation of your work...

It's a Gondor captain, and the face... if you can call it that... looks demented.

Edited by King Telemnar, 16 January 2009 - 01:04 AM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#91 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:36 PM

Any time. I don't like having multiple king-like beings running around lest they are the king himself or his bodyguards (which would, oddly enough, likely be stronger than him in his current state).

That's why it's called a BETA :good:

Also, I'm not sure if this is a bug, but this doesn't seem to be a very good representation of your work...

Thanks

It's a Gondor captain, and the face... if you can call it that... looks demented.

Know this, haven't bothered to fix it yet

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#92 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 10:48 PM

I don't think I nor anyone else has reported this, but Bereadin Arnatuile or whatever his name is doesn't show up as a Gondor hero. Did you scrap him or something?
I'm creeping, not gone.

#93 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:36 AM

Yep. he's out :p
Gondor got to OP with him..

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#94 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:02 AM

Maybe you could consider making Eldaravir more powerful :p?

OT: It appears that we now have a post count! I will treasure it always! Wait... wow, I've been posting a lot recently.

Edited by CIL, 05 March 2009 - 12:47 AM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#95 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:34 AM

Eldaragil?

You mean the king? Eldaravir :p

He's 16, not to tough.. will probably get a little boost though

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#96 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 12:49 AM

Sorry, edited, I get your mod and the WoA plans confused... anyways, yes. He needs buffs. He's not worth 2k, despite the fact he can mount. He is put to shame by Eranoth. Anyways, people don't really get that much stronger after 16 unless they exercise a lot each day. Finesse is what would nail him in a fight.
I'm creeping, not gone.

#97 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:46 PM

Maybe not stronger, but more experienced, well trained, and a better fighter? Doesn't necessarily have to much to do with being stronger..

And yes, Eranoth is suppose to be the strongest hero for Gondor :) But I agree that he needs to be slightly better :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#98 Guest_CIL_*

Guest_CIL_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2009 - 06:32 AM

I would say keep him at his current price and attack but make him more trinket ased. He could[/b] look like this with powers:
Level 1- Mount
Level 2- Anduril: 100% attack, 50% armor
Level 3- Royal Blood: Nearby soldiers gain 50% attack, 25% armor and earn experience 3x faster (passive)
Level 7- Ring of Barahir: Targeted allies gain experience
Level 7- Grace of the Evenstar: Nearby allies heal gradually over time
Level 10- Host of the White City: Eldaravir summons the Tower Guard of Minas Tirith to his side for a time (or whatever the current power is)

Remember, he has access to all the royal trinkets... and some are much more power than others. I can imagine him using them to the best of his advantage to make up for his physical weakness compared to some of the other heroes.

#99 Guest_CIL... Again, sorry_*

Guest_CIL... Again, sorry_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2009 - 06:34 AM

I meant keep him at his current price and attack, but make him more trinket based. He COULD look like this along the lines of powers. At any rate, you've seen what I proposed, but I do know that this is your mod, and I respect your choices. You would know what is best after all (no, not sarcasm).

Anyways, I've been muted, so I'm just going to post as a guest until... whenever. The 8th, I think.

#100 LazarusInmortal

LazarusInmortal
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 12:44 PM

I found abug(or maybe it only happens to me...):
I cant't save or load games =( [From the mod, not from the original version] so I have to finish the games without stopping...
Any idea?

And another thing, i'm sure you know it, but you have to make Eldaravir stronger, he is the coolest hero :p but is very weak.
Maybe you could give him a power like the old ''elendil''(make the enemies run)

What are your ideas for him in the future?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users