#1 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  • Projects:Wars of the East mod
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:32 PM

The "Wars of the East" (WotE in short) staff is quite determined to make a new version of the mod, but we have a problem - we are now a small team. Now that IthronAiwendil, lycan and Grizzlez have retired and Caluadan has gone missing, we can hardly proceed in our currrent state: Kyross and Elendil can't handle every coding/modeling, and poor Pupeteer can't make every mapping work alone.

To make it simple and clear: we are looking for new, fresh crew !

This means we need:
- skinners
- mappers
- 2D / palantir image artists
- coders

We don't really care if you are somewhat new to modding; basically, everyone is welcome, talented newbies and experienced people alike.
Alright, and now let's see...

What do we requirew if you want to join the gang:

- at least ONE piece of your work; a skin, model, hero/unit ability <on screenshot>, map, image, etc., depends on what you are.
- determination; we won't be angry or anything if you leave the team within a short time, but reliable people are precious to us.
- love for WotE; cos' the more you enjoy playing it, the better :good:

Things those aren't neccesary, but mean an advantage:

- lots of free time; I guess this needs no explanation.
- past experiences; if you have already made 'bout a dozen maps/skins/etc., then you have probably learnt a few things in the process.
- versatile skills; it is always good if you are experienced not only in one thing, but rather in two or even more.

And... well, I guess that's all :p

If you wish to apply, either send a post here or PM either Kyross or me. We'll send responses trough PM-s :lol:

Now come, heroes of Middle-Earth ! Join the team today, and become a part of the Wars of the East !

"A new power is rising ! Its victory is at hand !"

POST SCRIPT: So far, we have recruited the following people:
- Guess Who (skinning/2D art)
- thenewch (coding)
- Egalmoth (palantir image art)

This means that most roles are filled in, but we still need MAPPERS. If you are one, don't hesitate to apply !

Edited by MorrisB, 09 June 2008 - 05:11 PM.

Posted Image
---
"Well, I can't argue with that - modding IS hard. But what would have become of games like Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Dungeon Siege, Half-Life 1-2, Neverwinter Nights and BfME 1-2 if we, modders, weren't there ? They would have long been forgotten. Modding is hard, but it's an honorable thing." - MorrisB

#2 Gimli1401

Gimli1401
  • Banned
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:19 PM

I wouldnt mind to start mapping ive gotten lots better im not the best but good enough :0
so i could join in that position cause i realy love mapping and if you want to see some of my work ill send pics on here ill just post them to here :p

and yes i have lots of free time like 5-8 Hours a day so yeh lots )

Edited by Gimli1401, 28 April 2008 - 09:36 PM.

#3 lady nazgûl

lady nazgûl
  • Banned
  • 26 posts
  • Projects:the darkness of Rhûn
  •  new

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:05 PM

2d ART at your orders sir! look for my msn in my profile here you have a taste of my power that´s and easterling chainmen ihave better ones

Attached Thumbnails

• avec.JPG

Edited by lady nazgûl, 28 April 2008 - 10:08 PM.

i´m the darkness of Rhûn, the dark maiden of the east the lady naz-gûl--------- FREE for modding pm if you need my help /2dart basic codding

#4 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:13 PM

Compare that to EA's and the art WotE's modders have been making. Seriously.
Posted Image

#5 lady nazgûl

lady nazgûl
  • Banned
  • 26 posts
  • Projects:the darkness of Rhûn
  •  new

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:28 PM

just wanna help ... :p here i have other i hope this will be enough.... i don´t like the brown effect but... i can make it if you want

Attached Thumbnails

• rhun.JPG

Edited by lady nazgûl, 28 April 2008 - 10:32 PM.

i´m the darkness of Rhûn, the dark maiden of the east the lady naz-gûl--------- FREE for modding pm if you need my help /2dart basic codding

#6 Gimli1401

Gimli1401
  • Banned
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:29 PM

Heres some screens of the first to maps i made

The Battle of men my first ever map i made

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

The battle of rivendell my second map

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

<><><><><><><
third map will be released tonight The battle of arnor and will be my best map Yet

To download my current maps get here
http://lordoftherings.filefront.com/

at that site and you will find Um :p

#7 Kyross

Kyross
  • Hosted
  • 190 posts
  • Projects:WotE

Posted 29 April 2008 - 03:33 AM

@Lady nazgul: Those are nice, the difference of colour aside, but would you be able to create entirely new images? Editing only goes so far for totally new units. Your enthusiasm for Rhun fits right in though.

@matt: I'm sure it's supposed to be like that. We would even keep going with that style but Caluadan hasn't been seen in months.

@Smartdude: See comment in Wote forums.
Posted Image <-- Actually more like coder/mapper/modeller, but there's no bar for that.

#8 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Coder, skinner, modeler, art guy

Posted 29 April 2008 - 05:46 AM

In case you are in a really big need for 2D art/skins, I may try to help you.

#9 Havefun

Havefun
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:43 AM

Ok i can creat summoning powers for heroes =) And i'm learning modding atm =)
Not alot i know =) But still i can help u save alot of time.
Whell i practiced resenlty and created powers for:
Boromir lvl 10 - Gondor must stand! (permanently summons 3 bats of Golasgil Household knights) [240s cooldown] (icon and description included)
Karsh - lvl 10 - Spirits of Arnor (permanently summons 4 wights to fight for karsh) [220s cooldown] (icon and descr. included)
Sharku - Riders of Isengard (permanently summons 2 bats of Warg Riders) [230s cooldown] (icon and descr. indluded)

Etc etc etc =)

So if u r interested i can post my little work =)
94% of teenagers today are a bunch of uninformed morons, if you are one of the 6% who actually reads the paper, or anything besides cheap magazines and a couple of schoolbooks, copy and paste this into your signature.

#10 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:18 AM

@ Gimli - Use more textures! You have 1 in each map. I know you're a beginner but even at that stage you should have seperate textures for grass, paths and mountains.

@ Kyross - I think consistency should be the main thing. There of plenty of people on these forums who can do parchment-like palentirs.
Posted Image

#11 Elendil the High

Elendil the High

High King of Dunédain

• Project Team
  • 439 posts
  • Projects:Coding and Idea making for Wars of the East mod
  •  Coder, Skinner and Loremaster

Posted 29 April 2008 - 01:24 PM

Ok i can creat summoning powers for heroes =) And i'm learning modding atm =)
Not alot i know =) But still i can help u save alot of time.
Whell i practiced resenlty and created powers for:
Boromir lvl 10 - Gondor must stand! (permanently summons 3 bats of Golasgil Household knights) [240s cooldown] (icon and description included)
Karsh - lvl 10 - Spirits of Arnor (permanently summons 4 wights to fight for karsh) [220s cooldown] (icon and descr. included)
Sharku - Riders of Isengard (permanently summons 2 bats of Warg Riders) [230s cooldown] (icon and descr. indluded)

Etc etc etc =)

So if u r interested i can post my little work =)

We need coders, who can master every kind of powers, along with making the coding needed for implenting new units/heroes

I myself, is making a lot of hero re-designs right now, but i'm also learning to skin well enough to WotE.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Wars of the East is the Best

#12 Grizzlez

Grizzlez

title available

• Project Team
  • 667 posts
  •  Coder/ini/FX writer, Skinner

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:53 PM

If you need some coding done you can ask me, if I have some time ill help out. Its just I have exams coming up so I can't do anything for about 6 weeks really whilst im studying.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Gimli1401

Gimli1401
  • Banned
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 04:12 AM

At M@@t No worries i know my maps or just empty and i will work on adding more Textures :xd:

#14 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 02 May 2008 - 09:50 AM

Hi guys, just to let everyone know: I'll be away for a while. Until I come back, please aim your PM-s to Kyross.

(See reason here --> http://forums.revora...showtopic=59956 )
Posted Image
---
"Well, I can't argue with that - modding IS hard. But what would have become of games like Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Dungeon Siege, Half-Life 1-2, Neverwinter Nights and BfME 1-2 if we, modders, weren't there ? They would have long been forgotten. Modding is hard, but it's an honorable thing." - MorrisB

#15 Smartdude1301

Smartdude1301

title available

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • Projects:WarsOfEast,Rise Of The Hobbits
  •  Leader Of Bfme2 Redone 1.7 Mod,Wars Of The East Advertiser, ,&:Ini Coder, Mapper,

Posted 10 May 2008 - 02:46 PM

Well currently i havent Mapped In Like over 2 weeks So Yeh i been Working More On My ini Coding And Some Modeling :p

But i Will be releasing another map Soon And will Have Alot Of Textures :D :)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Visit My New bfme forum :)

Here

#16 lycan

lycan

title available

• Banned
  • 553 posts
  • Projects:HP Mod
  •  Im just a guy around these forums

Posted 25 May 2008 - 02:24 PM

Oh im sure it will be good :p

Your map was empty and Lady Nazgul said her parchments where the master.

I really hope that Wote will keep up to it's former standards and now i am seriously doubting that.

Edited by lycan, 25 May 2008 - 02:25 PM.

#17 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:37 PM

Then why not offer your own services, if you've reached such a high level as to pass on judgement to other members?

#18 lycan

lycan

title available

• Banned
  • 553 posts
  • Projects:HP Mod
  •  Im just a guy around these forums

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:39 PM

Well i was in the mod, i wasn't the best mapper but i could map better than that standard.

My best map

http://mevault.ign.c...h...tail&id=164

Sorry but i have to say it's a good ini and map the mountains are nicely done and the ini is nice so the high quality standard probably shut you up because i would like to see you do better, i see you critisize everyone but i haven't even seen you do anything good.

And also i retired from bfme2 modding.

Edited by lycan, 25 May 2008 - 07:42 PM.

#19 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:57 AM

Too bad, as we really could use some mappers (poor Puppeteer is is still alone with this work). And lady nazgul didn't contact me since roughly a month, so if she won't appear within a week, I'll consider the offer as neglected, and we have to search for a new 2D artist yet again.
Posted Image
---

#20 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Coder, skinner, modeler, art guy

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:05 AM

As I said before, if you're in need of palantir portraits/buttons, I might do some for you, even though I'm retired.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users