18 replies to this topic

#1 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:22 PM

These are just a handful of pics I've taken of assorted what nots here in the land of the burning sand.

Abrams
Posted Image

Posted Image

Pretty little armor coloumn resting by the roadside.
Posted Image

M88 Recovery Vehicle
Posted Image

Posted Image

Clasic APC with Slat Armor. front armor is open for engine work.
Posted Image

Blackhawk landing
Posted Image

Posted Image

Bradly
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dust Storm. BTW, it sucks. Alot.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

View from the roof of the Brigade HQ at FOB Falcon Iraq.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#2 Romanul

Romanul

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:27 PM

wow looks so...real.
Speechless.
Also those pics are great.They may help some people...

#3 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 01:00 PM

wow looks so...real.
Speechless.
Also those pics are great.They may help some people...

:p As real as it gets. 7.2 Megapixel fun in the sun. When I'm bored are carry my camera around and snap shots of what ever catches my fancy. Call it a perk of living where the action happens.

To a limited extent I can also do photo's by request... such as an Abram's from a certain angle, or Strykers (have a several good stryker pics, I'll upload later) Obviously, I can only photo things I get to see.

And, I just have to add... an Abrams is both huge, and intimidating. You can see it in pics and say "sure, it looks big" but once you've stood 3ft away from the Tracks as it rumbles along the road and then blasts you with hot exsaust as it passes you get a whole new idea of what "huge and intimidating" really means.

Edited by Pendaelose, 30 April 2008 - 01:05 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#4 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:21 PM

And, I just have to add... an Abrams is both huge, and intimidating. You can see it in pics and say "sure, it looks big" but once you've stood 3ft away from the Tracks as it rumbles along the road and then blasts you with hot exsaust as it passes you get a whole new idea of what "huge and intimidating" really means.

:p :p :laugh:

I got a request. Can you get any pictures of any airplanes (preferably not one that's 2000 ft high)?

Cool pics btw. Maybe I'll use one for my backround.

#5 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 05:32 AM

I got a request. Can you get any pictures of any airplanes (preferably not one that's 2000 ft high)?

Alas, I think that may be impossible. For two reasons. First being I'm on an Army FOB (Forward Operations Base) and there is no airfield here. The second, when I was on an airfield, the planes are not something they let wandering contractors get very close to.

Around here the closest I can get to a plane is when they fly 2000ft overhead. But even that is pretty rare.

Now Apaches... those hover overhead like flies above a pile of shit. At any given time theres usualy 2 or 4 apaches in the area (they do everything in pairs). But they don't land here, they just patrol the area.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 PeeWee

PeeWee

Title unavailable

• Members
  • 351 posts
  •  Why so serious error?

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:03 PM

Wow, thanks for sharing! Maybe some infantry weapons or equipment?
CPU: Phenom II X6 T1090 @ 3,85GHz
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600MHz
Graphics: XFX HD5870 XT
Mobo: ASUS Crosshair Formula IV
Monitor: Asus 22" 2ms @ 1680x1050
Case: Lian Li V2000 Fulltower
PSU: Corsair VX550W

#7 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 03:42 PM

Wow, thanks for sharing! Maybe some infantry weapons or equipment?

I'll see what I can do. Theres not a whole lot of variety in infantry toys, but I'll see what I can get.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 01 May 2008 - 05:28 PM

I'd be careful about posting images of a FoB on the internet. Compelling as they are, just be careful you're not breaking protocal. I'm, not talking pics of vehicles, I'm talking rooftop images showing the base layout.

#9 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:30 PM

I'd be careful about posting images of a FoB on the internet. Compelling as they are, just be careful you're not breaking protocal. I'm, not talking pics of vehicles, I'm talking rooftop images showing the base layout.

actualy, the layout isn't considered sensitive, much to my own dismay. Detaled Satiliete photos are available on Google Maps, and very detailed road maps (with building locations) are available by web, not to mention every building we use was built and operated by Iraqi's for years before we got here. AND there are Iraqis with cell phones living on post. Iraqi insurgnts already know the exact location of every building, social area, and meal times (they love to shell the DFac at lunch). Saddly, its not sensitive because the enemy already know EVERYTHING about it. Its like describing another man's own penis to him.... he already knows more than you ever could. Let that disturbing image settle in and you won't be half as bothered as I am.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation

Posted 02 May 2008 - 12:59 AM

I'll see what I can do. Theres not a whole lot of variety in infantry toys, but I'll see what I can get.

Awww.... I was hoping the USMC would have plenty of James Bond toys. You know, the laser watch and the x-ray glasses.

Anyway, I suppose an apache would satisfy me, though It would probably be hard to keep it from being blurry.

#11 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:29 AM

I just moved from FOB Falcon to FOB Warhorse. Fun trip, I had both blackhawk and Chinook rides. I even had my camera with me, and spent a few hours on various airfields surrounded by planes and choppers. Infact, the Blackhawk ride I had the edge seat next to the open window!! :shiftee: It was however pitch black middle of the night with little to no moon light. So, there were no gravy pictures taken and it is as if my whoe uber adventure never happened because none of the things I saw would EVER come out as more than a black smudge on a black background. :(

However, not all is lost. There are some cool things here at FOB Warhorse we didn't have at Falcon. Such as Strykers with AT guns and Strykers with Radio Pain Beams! I don't know the "propper" name for the Pain Beam, but we have them here. On the outside theres little to see, its just a tiny (2ft across or less) hexagon mounted above a 50cal. But the inside it all computers and gizmos to control the agonizer beams! muhahaha!

I'm getting more photo's here as I can. Theres fewer toys than at Falcon, but some of them are a little more interesting (Pain Beams!)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:14 PM

What do you mean by a "Pain beam"?
Microwave technology? Where the victim caught in the ray is basically cooked?

I got a flight in a Griffin Chopper when I went to visit an RAF base in Cyprus. and I got the open window seat..was dangling out of it! I got some awsome pics of that if you want to have a look at.

Edited by olli, 07 May 2008 - 01:16 PM.

Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#13 partyzanPaulZy

partyzanPaulZy

"quarawr!"

• Members
  • 576 posts
  • Projects:Corruption Of Power - YR mod
  •  doing my mod alone till 1st release (then will see)

Posted 07 May 2008 - 02:30 PM

I have heard US Army tested also sonic paralyzer (140dB).
So how is it, which one?

BTW, microwave "Pain Beam" should be deadly for people with pacemaker (but I haven't seen - in TV News, many old Iraqi protesters).
Posted Image
"Soviet Union was a superpower and each superpower needs at least 1 war at 5 years to keep army in a good condition." ... my grandpa. USA create wars more frequently.

#14 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:39 AM

holy. crap. that is awesomeness! :p

thanks for the pics, its so cool to get great quality pics like that of tanks in real life :p

edit; oh yeah, what's a pain beam?

Edited by some_wierdGuy., 08 May 2008 - 05:39 AM.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:09 AM

The "Pain Beam" uses RADIO, not microwave, and instead of actualy cooking the person it only stimulates the pain nerves... so it FEELS like being baked alive, but doesn't actualy produce any ingury other than extream pain and nausia. however, as soon as the beam turns off the pain goes away... so you can shoot them again! and hurt them just as much the second or third or fourth time. Its a beutiful toy.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Guest_Masterzh_*

Guest_Masterzh_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2008 - 10:08 AM

When will release? :p :)

#17 m3rc1l3ss

m3rc1l3ss
  • Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 03:02 PM

Great pictures. Could you by chance upload any of the Strykers?

Edited by m3rc1l3ss, 10 May 2008 - 03:02 PM.

#18 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 04:50 PM

Great pictures. Could you by chance upload any of the Strykers?

I have to get internet to my computer again. hopefully in a week or two I may have something. Until then I can only tell you how cool all the toys are.

But I do have several Stryker pictures... more Stryker pics than anything else infact, because the unit I work directly for is infact the 2nd Stryker Regement. Lots of Strykers, as you can imagine.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 PeeWee

PeeWee

Title unavailable

• Members
  • 351 posts
  •  Why so serious error?

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:35 PM

The "Pain Beam" uses RADIO, not microwave, and instead of actualy cooking the person it only stimulates the pain nerves... so it FEELS like being baked alive, but doesn't actualy produce any ingury other than extream pain and nausia. however, as soon as the beam turns off the pain goes away... so you can shoot them again! and hurt them just as much the second or third or fourth time. Its a beutiful toy.

Wow, sadistic
CPU: Phenom II X6 T1090 @ 3,85GHz
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600MHz
Graphics: XFX HD5870 XT
Mobo: ASUS Crosshair Formula IV
Monitor: Asus 22" 2ms @ 1680x1050
Case: Lian Li V2000 Fulltower
PSU: Corsair VX550W

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users