#1 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  • Projects:Wars of the East mod
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 02 May 2008 - 09:42 AM

Just to let you guys know, I'm graduating within 3 days. So I'll be studying all day long, and won't check the forum for a while.

The graduation exams take place like this:

Hungarian language and literature (script) - May 5
Mathematic (script) - May 6
History (script) - May 7
English language (script) - May 8
Biology (script) - May 16

Verbal exams: Juni 23-25

As you see, after May 8, I can relax a bit. But until then, please aim any PM-s about WotE to Kyross.

Wish me luck !

- MB

Edited by MorrisB, 02 May 2008 - 09:43 AM.

Posted Image
---
"Well, I can't argue with that - modding IS hard. But what would have become of games like Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Dungeon Siege, Half-Life 1-2, Neverwinter Nights and BfME 1-2 if we, modders, weren't there ? They would have long been forgotten. Modding is hard, but it's an honorable thing." - MorrisB

#2 Kyross

Kyross
  • Hosted
  • 190 posts
  • Projects:WotE

Posted 02 May 2008 - 03:05 PM

Don't work yourself to death, short term memory isn't usually as effective as long-term and doing nothing but work right up to the exam is just as bad.

Good luck though, not to say you need it.
Posted Image <-- Actually more like coder/mapper/modeller, but there's no bar for that.

#3 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Coder, skinner, modeler, art guy

Posted 03 May 2008 - 07:18 AM

Good luck MB!

See you around after those exams.

#4 Havefun

Havefun
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:18 AM

Best wishes Loremaster! =)
Good luck and ehm have fun there ))
94% of teenagers today are a bunch of uninformed morons, if you are one of the 6% who actually reads the paper, or anything besides cheap magazines and a couple of schoolbooks, copy and paste this into your signature.

#5 Elendil the High

Elendil the High

High King of Dunédain

• Project Team
  • 439 posts
  • Projects:Coding and Idea making for Wars of the East mod
  •  Coder, Skinner and Loremaster

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:13 AM

good luck, friend, see ya later
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Wars of the East is the Best

#6 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:10 PM

Hope the ones you have done went well! :p I myself have exams, but not as important as yours!

#7 xno The Black

xno The Black

Xno The Black

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Projects:Cheering up Wars of the East mod & RJ ROTWK
  •  The Second Founder

Posted 09 May 2008 - 05:40 AM

Good Luck MB!
I wish ya luck! :p
Posted Image

Posted Image

Everything is fortunated and many paths have been given.
To Choose or To be Chosen, you decide - Fëanáro Nénmacil

I'm currently looking for my BEST friend. We haven't contacted each other since I was a little boy.

#8 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:53 AM

Well, here I am :p

Except for biology, the scripted exams are now over. The maths exam was kinda' hard, so I don't expect too high score there (I'll probably pass trough it, but with not high percentage). The literature was a bit hard, too, but I'm not a Loremaster for nothing (so it went much better) :B and the history and english exams* were child's play for me. I guess the biology won't be more different in difficulty, but there are a few things about biochemics I'll have to re-read again (I never loved chemics... and you ?).

*actually, the english went so well that I solved a 70 minutes long exercise within 35 minutes. The teacher there even searched for some sort of already-solved exam in my bench, believing I've cheated or something. To make things funnier, this was actually a high-level exam.
Posted Image
---
"Well, I can't argue with that - modding IS hard. But what would have become of games like Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Dungeon Siege, Half-Life 1-2, Neverwinter Nights and BfME 1-2 if we, modders, weren't there ? They would have long been forgotten. Modding is hard, but it's an honorable thing." - MorrisB

#9 Smartdude1301

Smartdude1301

title available

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • Projects:WarsOfEast,Rise Of The Hobbits
  •  Leader Of Bfme2 Redone 1.7 Mod,Wars Of The East Advertiser, ,&:Ini Coder, Mapper,

Posted 10 May 2008 - 04:51 AM

Well, here I am :)

Except for biology, the scripted exams are now over. The maths exam was kinda' hard, so I don't expect too high score there (I'll probably pass trough it, but with not high percentage). The literature was a bit hard, too, but I'm not a Loremaster for nothing (so it went much better) :B and the history and english exams* were child's play for me. I guess the biology won't be more different in difficulty, but there are a few things about biochemics I'll have to re-read again (I never loved chemics... and you ?).

*actually, the english went so well that I solved a 70 minutes long exercise within 35 minutes. The teacher there even searched for some sort of already-solved exam in my bench, believing I've cheated or something. To make things funnier, this was actually a high-level exam.

Wow Great Job :p :D :p :)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Visit My New bfme forum :)

Here

#10 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux

Posted 11 May 2008 - 02:22 PM

lol nice one! though we kinda knew you'd do well on the English one :shiftee:

#11 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 25 June 2008 - 01:13 PM

Sorry for bringing back this topic, I'll just let you know that the exams are now finished :p

Graduation results:
Maths (mid-level): 47% (it was hard, but the "correct logic" earned some extra points... bah, I never liked this subject anyway.)
Literature (mid-level): 65% (stupid unknown writers and their unknown writings ! Seriously...)
Biology (mid-level): 62% (the written exam was bad, but the verbal exam improved the result a bit.)
History (mid-level): 80% (considering the conditions, not a bad one.)
English (high-level): 89% (best in the entire group...)

Year-ending results*:
Hungarian language: 5
Hungarian literature: 5
Maths: 4
Physic: 4
Biology: 4
History: 4
Philosophy: 5
English language: 5
German language: 4
Gymnastics: 4

*In Hungary, we use the "1-5" system; "1" is "catastrophic", "2" is "just enough", "3" is "average", "4" is "good", "5" is "excellent".

Overall, I'm in the stable middle. It could have been better, but also a lot worse, so I'm statisfied with the results. The only thing that bugs me is the history graduation result - I expected it to be slightly better (around 83-88%), but oh well...
Posted Image
---

#12 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:Trying to find meaning...
  •  The guy that is just a ghost.

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:39 PM

Sorry for bringing back this topic, I'll just let you know that the exams are now finished :p

Graduation results:
Maths (mid-level): 47% (it was hard, but the "correct logic" earned some extra points... bah, I never liked this subject anyway.)
Literature (mid-level): 65% (stupid unknown writers and their unknown writings ! Seriously...)
Biology (mid-level): 62% (the written exam was bad, but the verbal exam improved the result a bit.)
History (mid-level): 80% (considering the conditions, not a bad one.)

Year-ending results*:
Hungarian language: 5
Hungarian literature: 5
Maths: 4
Physic: 4
Biology: 4
History: 4
Philosophy: 5
English language: 5
German language: 4
Gymnastics: 4

*In Hungary, we use the "1-5" system; "1" is "catastrophic", "2" is "just enough", "3" is "average", "4" is "good", "5" is "excellent".

Overall, I'm in the stable middle. It could have been better, but also a lot worse, so I'm statisfied with the results. The only thing that bugs me is the history graduation result - I expected it to be slightly better (around 83-88%), but oh well...

Lets all give MorrisB a round of applause everyone! I mean, come on, he did his best and his best is great!
Edit: Even in the middle is great. It means you aren't a stupid idiot.

Edited by Ring of Fate, 25 June 2008 - 05:41 PM.

A changed man is only the same man with a different outlook of life.

#13 Kyross

Kyross
  • Hosted
  • 190 posts
  • Projects:WotE

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:07 PM

Yeah, and getting all 4s and 5s on the year-end results is just awesome. I won't be getting my report card until July 10th or so but I know it won't be nearly so glamorous.

Sure the Maths isn't the best, but nobody likes Maths anyway. Except maths teachers. And you don't want to be a maths teacher, do you?

Edited by Kyross, 25 June 2008 - 07:08 PM.

Posted Image <-- Actually more like coder/mapper/modeller, but there's no bar for that.

#14 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:32 PM

Heh... thanks, guys - and I wish you the best luck Kyross :p believe me, miracles do happen ;)

By the way, my dad likes maths yet he isn't a math teacher (he runs a small shop and cares about electronics and orchestral equipment - loud speaker, amplifier and that kind of stuff) :)

But I don't wish to become maths teacher anyway...
Posted Image
---

#15 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:14 PM

Well, we kind of expected that :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users