#1 Copaman

Copaman

Ryan

• Project Team
  • 2,144 posts
  • Projects:Winning.
  •  Slowly becoming a Veteran

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:59 PM

This will be the story topic. I'm running out of time today and I have a couple more topics to put up, so stay patient :p

Posted Image

If you meet me:

Have some courtesy,

Have some sympathy,

And some taste.

Use all your well-learned politesse,

Or I'll lay your soul to waste.

#2 Copaman

Copaman

Ryan

• Project Team
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:46 PM

Jonas looked about the docks of Zion. His Caedes was a monster in an otherwise empty space - every single hovercraft controlled by the freed humans was out on a patrol or some other mission; and asides from that, the Caedes was Zion's last remaining dreadnaught. He would begin his mission soon enough, but first, the preflight.

He walked around the outside of the ship, checking for any abnormalities. He checked the gun turrets, the autocannons, his custom-made rocket pods, the EMP emitters, and the advanced-detection systems.

Then he moved inside. Matrix broadcasters checked green, Jar said. Flight Controls cehcked out, and all other crucial operating systems were green. The ship had been recently restocked with ammunition and food; the Caedes was green for operation.

The captain of the ship then stepped back into the giant dome. Walking over to the control tower, he recieved the go-ahead for mission commence and had the loudspeakers of the hangar (which also ran into the crew locker room) broadcast the crew-now-boarding call.

One of the flight engineers on ground duty looked to Jonas. "Flight of the last dreadnaught, I've heard. What happened to all the others"

"The Volatus ran clean into a wall - pilot got drunk, didn't check his nav set even with the alarms blaring. When the recovery ships got there, the squids had already burnt everything. All we recovered from that one was the black box. After that there was the Tempestas, which got swarmed during an operation and couldn't give an EMP without killing every non-natural onboard. It's autocannons took out more than seven hundred sentinels before the crew began to jack out. By then it was too late - five thousand more had shown up and there were still three crewmen in the Matrix. It was bombed until all that was left was a hoverfeild generator lying on the ground of the tunnel. Hopefully this run goes better than those... my last one was a close call.

Now where the hell is my crew?"

Posted Image

If you meet me:

Have some courtesy,

Have some sympathy,

And some taste.

#3 Matt Waller

Matt Waller

I'm the person stood behind you ...........

• Hosted
  • 123 posts
  • Projects:Halo: The Untold Wars (Ghyver) + Second Age: The Forging (Founder)
  •  The Fanatic

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:12 PM

Hyperion leapt to Jona's side.

"Sooooooooo, when do I get to drive this baby? It's pretty simple, just like a learjet 5100 except for the wargear and EMPs"

He turned hopefully to the captain and tussled with the metal port on the back of his head. He only got it the week before when he took the red pill and it still felt very artificial.

Hyperion walked down the stairs and joined the rest of crew boarding the craft.

"Let's roll people!" He chuckled and hopped aboard.
Posted Image

I kill who I want when I want......... watch your back........

Posted Image

#4 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:34 AM

Stev walked in, and sat down without a word. for a moment he looked down at the floor, remembering again the vast fields, pink pods sretching for miles, each with a man or woman, just like him, but who had not yet woken up from the matrix...
"well... lets do this" he said standing up and stretching

Steveo had now been freed for about a month, where he had trained extensively in the training exercises, he had most of the downloaded skills everyone has, but on top of that he decided to get a few extra in martial arts, and he had now become very fast and much more acrobatic then he was before in the matrix...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 war_angel

war_angel
  • Members
  • 174 posts
  •  psycotic whirlwind!

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:41 PM

Blade stood up, and strolled casually onto the ship, he was very much a veteran, he had been out of the matrix for a while, and had freed quite a few, by now he had fired guns, flew helicopters, learnt loads of martial arts, even had a few close encounters with some agents, and he would carry on doing so, untill he was too old and frail to jack in.

He walked past Jonas and as he did he patted him on the back, "here we go again mate."

BOOM-chik-chik-BOOM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Copaman

Copaman

Ryan

• Project Team
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 12:30 PM

"Good to see some of us decided to show up. Also glad to see central command decided to assign me some vets. We're just waiting on the others to show, then we'll roll."

Posted Image

If you meet me:

Have some courtesy,

Have some sympathy,

And some taste.

#7 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 07:59 AM

Steve nodded,
"well, they better hurry up, i hate waiting around...

the way i see it, i spent my whole life up till a month ago waiting to wake up... now i dont want to have to wait for anything for long, i want to get on with my life."
again the vast field flashed into Steveo's mind
"i just cant get over that... its so... unbelievable" he said to himself...

Posted Image

#8 Fire Ze Missiles!

Fire Ze Missiles!

Lord High NukeMaster

• Members
  • 1,200 posts
  • Projects:The Ziggurat generally, Apocalypse in particular.
  •  Refuses to be beaten by Vortigern.

Posted 22 May 2008 - 02:28 PM

Fission started as the blaring klaxon lifted him from his drink-induced revery. His head hurt quite a bit. Glancing around painfully, he could just about make out the insides of the crew area. That meant he was supposed to be getting on a ship. And the klaxon was going. Which meant a ship was boarding.
Slowly and painfully, the cogs in his brain began to turn, and he realised what he probably had to do. His friend Blade kicked him as he went past, grinning an utterance of "Wake up, ya moron." Fission made a feeble attempt to throw a can at him, but he was already gone. His groaned, and rolled off the bench to the floor. The sharp pain in his ribs acted as a wake up call, and he scrambled to his feet. He glanced about himself, and briefly felt sorry for whichever clean-up team had to waste their time on his mess. Then the moment passed, and he staggered out to the docking bays.
He recognised the captain. John? James? His befuddled mind didn't know, or particularly care. Fission had not served under him before, but he was fairly sure that this captain's prestige was well known. As he thought this, he wandered vaguely towards the ramp and, giving the lazy salute of the Zion-weary, clambered aboard.
Of course I don't look busy; I did it right the first time.
Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
FZM and Vort don't do tag wrestling...but if they did, they'd probably be the worst tag-wrestlers in the world.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Oh for fuck's sake!

#9 southsidediablo

southsidediablo

ChaChe Rodriguez!

• Project Team
  • 748 posts
  • Projects:V|GO, Apocalypse, The Mullet

Posted 22 May 2008 - 09:32 PM

John walked into the hanger. He looked around and found the ship he was to be on. He hefted his bag over his shoulder and walked toward the captain, gave a crisp salute and continued aboard the ship, hoping this one was luckier then the others he had served on.
How can you keep an idiot busy? Click Here to find out....
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

#10 Copaman

Copaman

Ryan

• Project Team
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:29 AM

The ragtag crew of stragglers which had assembled onboard the Caedes appeared to be completed. "Do we have everyone? Because I'd love to make some sort of a speech before we head out, but it would really just suck if everyone wasn't here yet... Naw, I'm only kiddin. No speech this time. But seriously, everyone here? I'm not the man responsible if we leave you on the ground; keep that in mind."

Posted Image

If you meet me:

Have some courtesy,

Have some sympathy,

And some taste.

#11 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:28 AM

Stev looked around,
"How can we tell if everyone is here? there not about to say 'oh yeah, im not here!'... Well, its up to you to decide, do we wait and see, or go... besides, if they are much later then they are probably pretty incompetent, we dont need incompetent crew members."
it was true, most of the time incompetent people ended up dead, or worse, put their team in danger... the last thing they needed was more danger...

Posted Image

#12 Copaman

Copaman

Ryan

• Project Team
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 04:02 PM

"Good point. Let's go," he said.

He got into the cockpit and looked at Jar; who doubled not only as the ship's operator but its pilot as well. "Get us to operating level. Preferably somewhere the machines haven't found yet: try sector Zed 12 T."

=======Later, at operating depth...=========

The crew had gathered in the plug room for their mission brief. "We're looking for a potential redpill calling himself Xenon. Previous crews have made contact, but he prefers to stay hidden as best is posisble. In White Hall you'll all get details loaded with your weapons. Who wants first ins?"

Posted Image

If you meet me:

Have some courtesy,

Have some sympathy,

And some taste.

#13 Fire Ze Missiles!

Fire Ze Missiles!

Lord High NukeMaster

• Members
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:10 AM

In the time spent travelling, Fission had somewhat recovered his senses and was once again sober enough to operate. As such, he stepped forward with a declaration of "Well, I ain't exactly got anything better to do. 'Sides, it'd be nice to see something colourful again." He grinned flippantly, and wondered just how much of his sarcastic insubordination the captain would put up with. Hopefully the answer would be 'lots' - life always seemed better on the end of a smile.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
FZM and Vort don't do tag wrestling...but if they did, they'd probably be the worst tag-wrestlers in the world.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Oh for fuck's sake!

#14 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:39 AM

"I'll go in first too, if thats ok..." he looked over at the sobering drunk
"besides, i would find it hard to stand, let alone work well in the matrix, if i was that drunk, or hungover..." he sent a cheeky smile in Fission's direction...

Posted Image

#15 Copaman

Copaman

Ryan

• Project Team
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:08 PM

"Right. Jar, get them hooked in."

The two volunteers clambered into their seats, where Jar proceeded to jack them in.

"I'll be going in after everyone gets in. Who's next, I know you wnat some..."

Posted Image

If you meet me:

Have some courtesy,

Have some sympathy,

And some taste.

#16 Fire Ze Missiles!

Fire Ze Missiles!

Lord High NukeMaster

• Members
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 02:11 PM

Fission appeared in the White Space as the racks rushed towards him. He wandered lazily over to them and examined the various weapons on offer. He selected a scary-looking combat knife, and holstered it on his leg. Then he slung a machete over his back for good measure. Two .45's found themselves on his hips, and an extensive brace of grenades over his chest. Just as he thought himself ready, his eyes fell on a large, belt-fed machine gun. He took in the extended barrel and the cartridge release, and the long, long chain of bullets. He grinned...

Edited by Fire Ze Missiles!, 10 June 2008 - 02:17 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Oh for fuck's sake!

#17 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 03:21 AM

((wait.. what? are we doing the whole "i need guns... lots of guns" thing first?))

Posted Image

#18 Copaman

Copaman

Ryan

• Project Team
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 03:11 PM

((Yes, we are. FZM DID say to ignore his post until everyone made it into the Matrix. Time for me to do some post moving...))

EDIT

Erm, Looks like the post moving isn't going to work the way I thought it was... We'll have to wait until everyone has gotten into the gun room, and then have FZM do a copypaste of his post.

Edited by Copaman, 31 May 2008 - 03:24 PM.

Posted Image

If you meet me:

Have some courtesy,

Have some sympathy,

And some taste.

#19 war_angel

war_angel
  • Members
  • 174 posts
  •  psycotic whirlwind!

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:33 AM

Blade walked over to one of the seats, "i'll go next"

He was suddenly stading in a white room, with a few others around him, he walked up to fission, "y'alrite mate, long time no see"
His new looking white leather jacket swayed as he walked forward, "shall we get this over and done with then?!"

Edited by war_angel, 03 June 2008 - 02:00 PM.

BOOM-chik-chik-BOOM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 Copaman

Copaman

Ryan

• Project Team
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 07:53 PM

As the rest of the crew jacked in, Jonas followed.

He was in the room. His appearence, however, had been loaded a bit off... The glasses were missing. A set of aggressively styled, orange lensed sports shades completed his appearence code.

He looked about at the massive racks of guns, all pre-coded and then manipulated to his liking. He was standing next to his favorite combo: Two Combat Knives which he strapped on to his legs just above his boots, Two Desert Eagles which he put into holsters on his hips, Two MP7s which he slung around his front, and a single 6-Gauge Sutomatic Combat Shotgun which was slung around his back. The associated crew walked around to find their setups.

Posted Image

If you meet me:

Have some courtesy,

Have some sympathy,

And some taste.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users