#1 keraunos

keraunos

Dominus et Deuculus

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 04:52 AM

Keraunos Icons and scale mod for Phoenix Rising 1.0

Download link: Icons mod 1.1
Instalation: Unpack Data folder into Phoenix Rising 1.0\Data folder; then start the game normally.
Download and install hotfix (bottom of this post) as well! - just overwrite relevant file in data\xml folder

Features
-all units now have chevrons, showing clearly how advanced they are: units with green chevrons are least advanced; red chevron units follow; gold chevron units are last ones available; Capital ships have only gold chevrons.
-redone selection frame in space, so that it no longer overlaps new chevrons;
-some units (T.I.E Starfighter, TIE Targeter and few more) have new icons;
-complete compatibility with Zarkis AI 0.6 and DalMP Aesthetics Pack 0.3.
-Dominator and Tector/Imperial SD icons issue fixed. It was caused by other Icon entry, working independently from my mod.
-space construction icons are now darker, so upgrade markers are clearly visible

Long term plans
-Limiting numbers of dreadnoughts: Sovereign-0; Executor-1/2; Praetor, Bulwark, Independence-4/6;
-Changing scale of biggest starships, so it's easier to control even large fleets in battle;
-possibly few more things I forgot about and I'll add later :p.

NOTE: This is the final version of my Graphic release. I'll move to something more ambitious now, most likely in cooperation with Kaleb..

Screenshot
Posted Image

Attached Files

Edited by keraunos, 18 May 2008 - 09:39 PM.

#2 coinich

coinich

title available

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:41 PM

Yay! Save game compatable?

#3 Tropical Bob

Tropical Bob

title available

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:48 PM

Most likely, because it's only changing the images being loaded.

#4 keraunos

keraunos

Dominus et Deuculus

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:53 PM

Yup, should be...

I'd like to see some feedback as well, since I didn't playtest it :p

#5 Kitkun

Kitkun

Hater

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:00 PM

1st:
This is awesome, and very useful.
2nd:
Few things: finish the freighter, transport and corvette icons (I upgrade those for the cash, fighters/bombers [I modded those to upgrade better] and for scouting, respectively), I don't think the Tector II showed the Chevs (Or was that the third? I don't remember), I know the Dominator III didn't show chevs, and Dominator IV had chevs, but wrong model on the icon.
3rd:
Are the little icons in space battles for fighters and heroes separate than the ones on the main bar and tooltips? Some seem to have the right colors and some seem not to...
4th:
I think you should keep the limits and scales separate from this.

Frosty Freaky Foreign Forum Fox

<DevXen> Today I was at the store and saw a Darth Vader action figure that said "Choking Hazard." It was great.

#6 keraunos

keraunos

Dominus et Deuculus

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:59 AM

1st:
This is awesome, and very useful.
2nd:
Few things: finish the freighter, transport and corvette icons (I upgrade those for the cash, fighters/bombers [I modded those to upgrade better] and for scouting, respectively), I don't think the Tector II showed the Chevs (Or was that the third? I don't remember), I know the Dominator III didn't show chevs, and Dominator IV had chevs, but wrong model on the icon.
3rd:
Are the little icons in space battles for fighters and heroes separate than the ones on the main bar and tooltips? Some seem to have the right colors and some seem not to...
4th:
I think you should keep the limits and scales separate from this.

1) Glad to hear that
2) Hmmm, strange. I double checked both Dominator and Tector entries, and every model refers to proper icon. Are you sure it has nothing to do with your modding? Could someone else confirm this?
3) I didn't toutch them, so they refer to icon of model they are based on. Phoenix use <Variant_of> a lot, and I tried to keep my mod as generic as possible. I didn't refer to Imperial model, but to generic model, so if Phoenix will later introduce more units for diffrent sides, they will still have proper icons.
4) I simply want to keep all my mods in one place. First I'll finish Icons, then I'll add limits for some units and change scale. They will be available in separate downloads.

#7 Kitkun

Kitkun

Hater

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:09 AM

1 - Good.
2 - I haven't touched them, maybe I need to go back and double check...
3 - Ah. Interesting...
4 - Actually, that's what I meant. Separate downloads.

<DevXen> Today I was at the store and saw a Darth Vader action figure that said "Choking Hazard." It was great.

#8 keraunos

keraunos

Dominus et Deuculus

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 02:46 PM

I'll try to repeat possible but you reported today. And probably do corvettes as well :)

#9 keraunos

keraunos

Dominus et Deuculus

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 12:00 AM

Ok, now every last unit is ready. I want to playtest it tomorrow, since this version is thought as graphic final. When I'm sure it works as designed, I should post it here.

However, as changes are really small now, I'd also appreciate some feedback from people that are using my mod. Any bugs? Thoughts? Anyone figured out how to change backgrounds of space units production?

#10 keraunos

keraunos

Dominus et Deuculus

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 12:11 AM

Ok, final version of my icon mod uploaded. Kitkun, thanks a lot for bugfinding, you're officially added to my thanklist :)

Changes include adding missing icons and reworking of some old ones. Basicly units have 1-3 green-red-gold chevrons. For larger ships (corvettes, frigates) have some chevrons (like 2-gold) skipped; capitals ships have only gold chevrons...

Edited by keraunos, 16 May 2008 - 12:13 AM.

#11 Tropical Bob

Tropical Bob

title available

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 03:47 AM

I think that when I get back to playing PR tomorrow probably, I'll check this out.

On a side note...Where do you find all the icon pictures, what program do you use to edit/create them, and where are they saved? I looked in all around in the PR directory, and the couple that I found has my computer saying they're ACDSee files...Because I'm kind of thinking of adding in heroes possibly, and they'll need pictures.

Edited by Tropical Bob, 16 May 2008 - 03:48 AM.

#12 Kitkun

Kitkun

Hater

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 03:54 AM

Ok, final version of my icon mod uploaded. Kitkun, thanks a lot for bugfinding, you're officially added to my thanklist :)

Cool.
I am still meaning to stick all those bugfixes into one file like I said a week ago, but a 60 hour work week kinda put the noose on that 'til now. Hopefully, I'll be able to get enough time and patience to go through it tomorrow. (Friday for me.)
Or perhaps I'll do it in the middle of the bloody night like an idiot.

Edited by Kitkun, 16 May 2008 - 08:43 AM.

#13 keraunos

keraunos

Dominus et Deuculus

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 12:58 PM

Lol. Consider yourself officially on my idiot list as well :wink_new: Great thanks for doing this. As you posted it after 1.1, I assume it's compatibile with 1.1, not 1.0?

#14 Kitkun

Kitkun

Hater

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 06:32 PM

Yep, I used the 1.1 version of your files.

#15 keraunos

keraunos

Dominus et Deuculus

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 07:03 PM

On a side note...Where do you find all the icon pictures, what program do you use to edit/create them, and where are they saved? I looked in all around in the PR directory, and the couple that I found has my computer saying they're ACDSee files...Because I'm kind of thinking of adding in heroes possibly, and they'll need pictures.

You have to instal MTD editor, and open MTD file located in Data\Art\Textures (or something like that :wink_new:). You can freely export and import icons there.

For editing I use mostly awesome paint.net. Pictures I make icons I find in the net, my personal archive, books, games etc.

BTW, please don't edit your posts that are few days old, as people rarely come back to read what they already know. If post is more then one day old, or somebody posted underneath it, it's best to create a new post...

Edited by keraunos, 16 May 2008 - 07:05 PM.

#16 Tropical Bob

Tropical Bob

title available

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 08:57 PM

Ah thank you. :wink_new:

#17 Kitkun

Kitkun

Hater

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 07:52 PM

Well, for Imps, Tector II doesn't have chevrons, Tector IV does, and I forgot to pay attention to Tector III.
(I had a screenshot for that, but I accidentally deleted it...)
Dominators have chevrons, but Dom III and IV show the model with gravity well globes instead of the one without.
Untitled.jpg

And really, I personally prefer it where the best version was 3 gold chevs, and it went straight down from there instead of skipping some. What does everybody else think?
Or am I the only one with an opinion around here?

Edited by Kitkun, 17 May 2008 - 08:05 PM.

#18 Tropical Bob

Tropical Bob

title available

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 09:45 PM

I don't know what you quite mean about the skipping of chevrons...

I like the chevron idea. The only weakness I see is that the player has to remember the chevron is in the top left corner of the unit picture. Otherwise it can be confused as being in the top right of the picture to its left.

#19 Kitkun

Kitkun

Hater

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:15 AM

I mean the way some units will go from say, 1 gold chevron to 3 gold chevrons in one upgrade.

#20 Tropical Bob

Tropical Bob

title available

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:53 AM

I've only noticed them go from no chevrons to three gold chevrons, because they only have one upgrade.

Otherwise, they should all go through all three steps of the relevant colors. The only unit I can think of that wouldn't is the TIE Avenger, which has 8 upgrades from the base, so it would need to skip one. Or something like that.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users