How it all works. From RobnKarla:
- Heroes only can pick up the ring
- When Gandalf picks up the ring, his stance button is moved to a different slot (so you can still change them) and it is replaced with a ring button
- When clicked, you used the ring (Right now I have that wait for ~2 seconds. We can increase if we want, I just wanted to leave enough time to cancel if you want.)
- Once used all powers regardless of level are available. (i.e. Word of power can be used at level 1. This is also a good way to show off seldom reached level 10 powers in a game)
- I'm planning on then switching the ring/stance button with a switching commandset which will the open up "ring" powers - so up to 5 ring powers if we want. I've not done this, but this should be a piece of cake, really. If I can't then I'll just switch for 1 power and maybe switch out different powers for better ones.
- When the ring is used a countdown timer starts. The time is set by hero, and it is not displayed as you don't know when the corruption will start.
- Once the countdown ends, the ring corrupts Gandalf, doing some constantly over time. How much damage and how often is also by hero.
- Once the ring finally kills the hero it is dropped and others can pick it up
- When the hero respawns, he respawns without the power of the ring, but can re-use it/pick it up again if desired.
This system is in addition to the ability to take it back to the fortress. Right now I have not changed the ring heroes, though I wil remove the ring hero for many factions and replace with other options.
1) Istari Lights - Video
Edited by Grizzlez, 13 May 2008 - 12:17 AM.