• Hosted
  • 3,114 posts
  • Projects:Mutator Week & Unreal 3 Projects
  •  Mad Mod Boffin

Posted 16 May 2008 - 10:48 AM

Or Rocky.

Rocky doesn't count :wink_new:

Unless it's a kung fu movie.

Martial arts films can have plots, you know. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon as a classic example of a more modern film that's easy to get hold of has a pretty solid plot.

#23 Romanul

Romanul

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 10:54 AM

or Numa Numa(dragostea din tei) Sims live! :wink_new:

#24 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 16 May 2008 - 04:10 PM

Crouching tiger sucked. :wink_new:

#25 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:16 AM

Yea, America's determined to kill the film industry, aren't you? First you killed food, then music, now this? When will it end?!? Can't you please leave us something to enjoy?

World Domination Status: 2.7%

#26 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:20 AM

Yea, America's determined to kill the film industry, aren't you? First you killed food, then music, now this? When will it end?!? Can't you please leave us something to enjoy?

You'll always have books. There aren't enough people capable of writing in the US to ruin them.
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#27 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 19 May 2008 - 09:46 AM

Rest in peace, Hunter S. Thompson.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#28 Cheshire Fox

Cheshire Fox

El Hombre Sinestro

• Hosted
  • 755 posts
  • Projects:Keeping Apocalypse and Wrath alive
  •  Apocalypse Admin, Wrath of Orion Admin

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:50 AM

Well, the tits are nice.
Posted Image
This is the place where all the junkies go, where time gets fast but everything gets slow.
I'll get to the moon if I have to crawl.
The problem with any government is that it eventually attracts politicians.

#29 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:51 PM

;)

#30 Verrückt

Verrückt

Hi Everybody!

• Project Team
  • 755 posts
  • Projects:RealAlert
  •  O-Bolt's Bitch, Wacky Forum Doctor.

Posted 31 May 2008 - 03:27 PM

speaking of killing the film industry, i'm scared of what is to come from the Death Race remake. Not to mention Indiana jones sucked on epic levels.
My heart goes out to Xeno.
Old Quotes:

@Mspencer : RoadReaction is calling everyone in your country a fascist invader who wants to invade Russia.
@Jeeves: Pie.

#31 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 01 June 2008 - 12:49 AM

Thank fuck someone agreed with me on that! I thought Indiana Jones was a complete disaster, an epic fail, if you will.
Spoiler

And yes, for those of us capable of writing, visual American culture is a complete disaster, and something that many of us feel should be destroyed at all costs before it ends all that is good about humankind. I'm not exaggerating.

Edited by Vortigern, 01 June 2008 - 12:51 AM.

I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#32 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 01 June 2008 - 02:35 AM

I believe every form of decadence has a very distinct charm to it, it goes for the current American culture as well.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#33 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts
  • Projects:Lurking
  •  I'm a physician now. Scary, right?

Posted 18 June 2008 - 03:09 AM

Damn you, E.A. and Fox!
I'm creeping, not gone.

#34 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:06 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only noticing the lame quality of movies lately.

There getting worse and worse, it's like their not even trying anymore.

Edited by Soul, 18 June 2008 - 04:06 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#35 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:55 PM

We should make a Revorian film, and beat the shit out of every film company in the world. We could totally make something of a far higher quality. We could even make it hilarious angry film and get Beowulf to do most of the script-writing. :p
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#36 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:45 PM

No!
No no no no no no NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Saying stuff like that you clearly know FUCK ALL about certain members on this board.
If you were so stupid as to allow Fen to do ANY screenwriting, you'd wind up with a very sick cross between Bambi, Deepthroat and Freakshow.

I might be a degenerate furry, but I can still write a script. :p

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

#37 Paladin58

Paladin58

I lurk moar...

• Project Team
  • 2,384 posts
  •  Drifting Gun-Toting Liberal, Forum Lurker

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:27 AM

No!
Saying stuff like that you clearly know FUCK ALL about certain members on this board.
If you were so stupid as to allow Fen to do ANY screenwriting, you'd wind up with a very sick cross between Bambi, Deepthroat and Freakshow.

I might be a degenerate furry, but I can still write a script. :p

Get it right, you're a degenerate hentai otaku. Or, has CodeCat... turned you?! (jk, CC)

Anyway, the only thing that that idea of a movie wouldn't beat is Iron Man, so I'd recommend it. Especially if there was some Rocky Horror Picture Show mixed in... :wink_new:

OLD SIG
When history witnesses a great change Razgriz reveals itself,
first as a dark demon. As a demon it uses it power to rain death upon the land,
and then it dies. However after a period of slumber Razgriz returns
As the demon sleeps, man turns on man.
Its own blood, and madness soon cover the earth.
From the depths of despair awaken the Razgriz.
Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light.
Amidst the eternal waves of time
From a ripple of change shall the storm rise
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath
The demon soars through the dark skies
Fear and Death trail its shadow beneath
Until Men united wield a hallowed sabre
In Final Reckoning, the beast is slain.
Razgriz intrerpretation

Posted Image <-This stays up there for you, buddy!

#38 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts
  • Projects:Lurking
  •  I'm a physician now. Scary, right?

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:46 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only noticing the lame quality of movies lately.

There getting worse and worse, it's like their not even trying anymore.

Not only that, the things they make movies about are getting worse. It seems like some movies don't even have a plot anymore! One of the worst I was forced to watch was "The Devil Wears Prada," and it was only because my little sister wanted me to. I love her dearly, and because I do, I took her. Big mistake. Worst movie the girl ever saw. The Sims movie will probably be the same way. As I once played The Sims, I can say that there is no plot to anything save a few default families. Even then, who wants to hear about "Mortimer Goth" looking for his lost wife, (Goth is last name) "Bella Goth?" It all started after Star Wars: Episode 3, in my opinon. The Chronicles of Narnia were a big letdown, and I will only say I didn't hate them as they are based off of books that a friend of my god (not really :p ) J.R.R. Tolkien wrote.

Edited by Crazy Intellectual Liberal, 20 June 2008 - 08:02 PM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#39 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:51 PM

get Beowulf to do most of the script-writing. :p

No!

That's more or less the general theme I was hoping for, actually.

And yeah, I was disappointed with the Narnia film too. I have yet to find out whether Prince Caspian will be a massive let down too, but as it has Ben Barnes putting on a preposterous French accent for no apparent reason, I have every confidence it will be.

I can't wait for the Sims film, it's going to be the most disastrous piece of filmmaking of the 21st century, if not long before. Hey, d'you think they'll have no big stars involved because none of them look like what the characters look like? Or will it be animated? I don't really know anything about how they're going to do it....

#40 Folca the Hunter

Folca the Hunter
  • Members
  • 72 posts
  • Projects:BFME: "The Battle for Narnia" mod
  •  Coming to terms with my great loss...

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:52 AM

I could not agree with most of the people on this forum more. Movies have gone from being real chair-grippers, keeping you on the edge of your seat with interesting plots, powerful stories, and spontaneous themes. If they did make something based on a book, it did a decent job following the storyline. The Lord of the Rings did a fairly good job following the storyline. A few things could have been better, but they didn't do too badly. The Chronicles of Narnia were a bit disappointing, but I've seen worse. Eragon...THAT WAS UNDOUBTEDLY THE WORST JOB OF FOLLOWING A STORY I HAVE EVER HAD THE MISFORTUNE TO WATCH!!! And thats just the thing about a movie like the Sims movie. WHAT THE HELL IS THE STORYLINE IN THAT?!?! ALL THIER GOING TO END UP DOING IS A BUNCH OF STUPID JOKES, CONDOM ADVERTISEMENTS, AND SEX SCENES!!!

Another problem is the fact that filmmakers want to rake in more money by cutting out everything they can and advertising products in thier movies in order to rake in more money. In addition, with most americans from age 11-60 acting like total sex-addicts, they add some in just to get them to watch. In short, by cutting out all of the nessisary parts and replacing it with Advertisements, Sex, and Bad humor. All for the sake of being able to afford the hottest and most expensive hookers out on the streets of LA.

Lemme tell you this. If my book ever gets published, and some company wants to make it into a movie, they are doing it MY WAY. Not thier greedy, sex-addicted director's way...MY way! They will not kill MY book!

Edited by Folca the Hunter, 20 June 2008 - 12:54 AM.

There is much I choose to conceal from the world. I live among people, though they hold little interest for me in times of normality. My life has been quiet, and confined to what little I can glimpse from the fractures of my high life. I am a king. My realm is not of this world, but how can one rule what exists not in reality? I am a writer. I am a king. I am...alone.

The greatest of wealth can come from the smallest of men. From the smallest of wealth can come the greatest of men.

"http://www.majhost.c...pics/co_sig.jpg[/img

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users