133 replies to this topic

#1 keraunos

keraunos

Dominus et Deuculus

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 12:27 AM

Phoenix Rising Enhanced 1.0

Instalation: Unpack Data folder into Phoenix Rising 1.0\Data folder; then start the game normally.
Mods' Thread: http://forums.revora...showtopic=60589

I advise to first install DalMP Aesthetics Pack 0.3 (http://forums.revora...showtopic=58119) and Zarkis AI 0.6 (http://forums.revora...showtopic=58063).
PR Enhanced is fully compatibile with both mods and will cause problems if used without them.

Download Link:PR Enhanced 1.0

Features:
AnakinSkySolo:
-improved Golan space station, now fire HeavyTurbolasers over long distances;
Kaleb Graf:
-bothan spies that serve as scout units for Rebellion; work exactly like ProbeDroids; icons and sounds changed by me;
-Darth Vader gets Executor as his final upgrade;
-Emperor gets Eclipse as his final upgrade;
-upgraded ships are surface-bombardment capable;
-all space maps are bigger - solved problems with pathfinding.
Kitkun:
-bugfix: CSA AI turned off to increase speed;
-bugfix: Talay space battle bug fixed;
-bugfix: Rebel and Imperial techtree problems (with MC80 Reef and Strike Cruiser) fixed;
-bugfix: TIE Avanger x8 laser upgrade fixed;
-bugfix: bombing run fixed.
Keraunos:
-all units now have chevrons, showing clearly how advanced they are: units with green chevrons are least advanced; red chevron units follow; gold chevron units are last ones available; Capital ships have only gold chevrons.
-redone selection frame in space, so that it no longer overlaps new chevrons;
-some units (T.I.E Starfighter, TIE Targeter and few more) have new icons;
-complete compatibility with Zarkis AI 0.6 and DalMP Aesthetics Pack 0.3.
-Dominator and Tector/Imperial SD icons issue fixed. It was caused by other Icon entry, working independently from my mod.
-space construction icons are now darker, so upgrade markers are clearly visible

Next release will have some optional addons:
-Limiting numbers of dreadnoughts: Sovereign-0; Executor-1/2; Praetor, Bulwark, Independence-4/6;
-Adding Nebulon-B2 frigate, along with upgrades etc.
-small adjustments to land combat - most likely no artillery, bigger infantry companies etc.;
-starfighter complement changed, to better fit SW-canon;
-small technology changes? changing ISD and VSD's place?

This mod woudn't be possible if not AnakinSkySolo, Kaleb Graf and Kitkun. This mod is as much mine as theirs, as they put a lot of effort to make it possible. Morover, thanks go for Shadow-Dragon, TheEmpire, Tropical Bob for discussion that helped this mod to develop, as well as their work that will soon find their place.

Above all, thanks go for Phoenix Rising himself, who made this excellent modification.

That's it, download and enjoy :)

Edited by keraunos, 29 May 2008 - 11:36 PM.

#2 Shadow-Dragon

Shadow-Dragon
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 12:48 AM

Looks good, but instead of removing artillery, maybe you could make them miss alot or reduce infantry damage by ALOT. Because when you have 5 AT-ATs moving in, you'll want your artillery available.

EDIT: If you want, I'll look into that myself. I've been meaning to start a project of my own anyway.

Edited by Shadow-Dragon, 16 May 2008 - 12:49 AM.

#3 keraunos

keraunos

Dominus et Deuculus

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 01:39 AM

That's something for far away future, and we've been through this once on this forum, not always in a civilized way :) Just check 'Artillery' thread :) I essence, I find artillery both hardly canon and unbalanced, and I decided to remove it. Even those who proposed to leave it made it clear that we need some serious changes. I want to provide some kind of 'compact mod' rather fast, so I prefer smaller changes over big ones that take time and will be obsolete when Phoenix resume his work over PR. When PR 2.0 comes out, we shall see what can we do about it...

I'd fight AT-ATs with more PLEX infantry :) As I know this change is the most controversial, I'll leave it to the very end.

#4 Kaleb Graff

Kaleb Graff

title available

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 01:51 AM

I would say to make artillery removal optional, because not everyone wants it gone. Still, I'll roll my planed mod into this one.

#5 Tropical Bob

Tropical Bob

title available

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 03:36 AM

I'll give you my Darth Vader with Executor files and what-not. It'll probably be easier if you PM me your e-mail address and I can send you the files and instructions that way.

#6 Kaleb Graff

Kaleb Graff

title available

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 01:20 PM

I based a separate Vader with Executor on yours. I'm going to do a Palpatine with Eclipse, so it was kind of practice, because I don't have a base to work from.

#7 Shadow-Dragon

Shadow-Dragon
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 08:07 PM

That's something for far away future, and we've been through this once on this forum, not always in a civilized way :wink_new: Just check 'Artillery' thread :p I essence, I find artillery both hardly canon and unbalanced, and I decided to remove it. Even those who proposed to leave it made it clear that we need some serious changes. I want to provide some kind of 'compact mod' rather fast, so I prefer smaller changes over big ones that take time and will be obsolete when Phoenix resume his work over PR. When PR 2.0 comes out, we shall see what can we do about it...

I'd fight AT-ATs with more PLEX infantry :) As I know this change is the most controversial, I'll leave it to the very end.

Okay. I'm planning on making a Lucrehulk for the Rebels in PR, if I get that done soon enough I'll put it up here.

#8 TheEmpire

TheEmpire

Privite Perkins

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 08:37 PM

Also good luck with this project. It is nice that we will have this all in one download.
EDIT: Just relized I posted half of this in the wrong topic! Sorry.

Edited by TheEmpire, 16 May 2008 - 11:21 PM.

"Just once, I'd like to destroy a starship that we didn't pay for!"
"Welcome to the jolly old death star."
"Vader gets the plesure of killing someone while we get to stay among the living. Private Perkins overhere has been stranged over 30 times haven't you Perkins." "Good man."

#9 Tropical Bob

Tropical Bob

title available

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 07:27 PM

As of last night, I'm attempting to add in the Grand Admirals as heroes, and I have Martio Batch mostly working so far, with the TIE Phantom making a reappearance just for him. Though I still get odd exceptions here and there, and I'm going to need to edit the file to fit in with Zarkis's AI v0.6 stuff.

Will you want them if I ever finish?

#10 Kaleb Graff

Kaleb Graff

title available

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 07:33 PM

He probably will. Also, I got the first batch of resized maps done. (A-C) I hope I can do more before the release.

#11 keraunos

keraunos

Dominus et Deuculus

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 09:33 PM

Sorry for not responding so long, but reinstalling new system took longer then expected :( I'm still without new computer, but at least I got rid of bloody Vista. I'll try to compile first version of mod now, and will see how it works ;) It should be released somewhere tomorrow morning ;)

I would say to make artillery removal optional, because not everyone wants it gone. Still, I'll roll my planed mod into this one.

It will be optional, along with my many other changes...

Okay. I'm planning on making a Lucrehulk for the Rebels in PR, if I get that done soon enough I'll put it up here.

Hmmm, now I have mixed feelings. I want to make this mod closer to canon, yet I don't recall Rebels using Lucrehulks :( What's 'popular opinion' about it?

As of last night, I'm attempting to add in the Grand Admirals as heroes, and I have Martio Batch mostly working so far, with the TIE Phantom making a reappearance just for him. Though I still get odd exceptions here and there, and I'm going to need to edit the file to fit in with Zarkis's AI v0.6 stuff.

Yup, I will :)

Also, I got the first batch of resized maps done. (A-C) I hope I can do more before the release.

Glad to hear that. Could you also playtest them a while? ;) Don't rush them, I plan to upgrade this mod from time to time, so we'll see how it develops...

#12 Kaleb Graff

Kaleb Graff

title available

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:13 PM

Sorry for not responding so long, but reinstalling new system took longer then expected :( I'm still without new computer, but at least I got rid of bloody Vista. I'll try to compile first version of mod now, and will see how it works ;) It should be released somewhere tomorrow morning ;)

It will be optional, along with my many other changes...

Hmmm, now I have mixed feelings. I want to make this mod closer to canon, yet I don't recall Rebels using Lucrehulks :( What's 'popular opinion' about it?

Yup, I will :)

Also, I got the first batch of resized maps done. (A-C) I hope I can do more before the release.

Glad to hear that. Could you also playtest them a while? ;) Don't rush them, I plan to upgrade this mod from time to time, so we'll see how it develops...

Good about the artillery. I think that ground battles should be easy, as the mod is focused on space for now. The Lucerhulk was used by the rebels at least once, in Death Star. I assume it would be a rebel Venator. I haven't playtested the maps, but I don't see any problems. I just expanded them and moved the objects around, and added a few so they weren't too small.

#13 keraunos

keraunos

Dominus et Deuculus

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:03 PM

Ok, release gets delayed, as I still have few bugs to kill :(

#14 Kaleb Graff

Kaleb Graff

title available

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:15 AM

Ok, release gets delayed, as I still have few bugs to kill :(

What bugs? Hope it's not in anything I did. Also, I have more maps, but I'll wait to send them till I have even more.

#15 TheEmpire

TheEmpire

Privite Perkins

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:17 AM

If you want you can have my Nebulon B2. It is almost done and maybe it could be for your second release?
"Just once, I'd like to destroy a starship that we didn't pay for!"
"Welcome to the jolly old death star."
"Vader gets the plesure of killing someone while we get to stay among the living. Private Perkins overhere has been stranged over 30 times haven't you Perkins." "Good man."

#16 Shadow-Dragon

Shadow-Dragon
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:06 AM

Don't worry, I checked wookiepedia about it. They used at least one, which was destroyed by the first Death Star. It carried 500 X-wings.

UPDATE TIME: I was not able to start this weekend, but I will be begining work tomorrow. It should be the size of a Praetor class when it's done. Or close.

#17 keraunos

keraunos

Dominus et Deuculus

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:18 PM

I hope it won't be lag friendly, like most Lucrehulks :rolleyes: What about armament? You want to give them all the standard (canon) weapons?

BTW, did you consider making them for CSA? I think they could use some capital ships as well, and interface is already cluttered with various units. Lucrehulk is essentially anti-fighter fighter carrier, role already covered by bulk cruisers upgrade...

#18 Kaleb Graff

Kaleb Graff

title available

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:56 PM

I hope it won't be lag friendly, like most Lucrehulks :rolleyes: What about armament? You want to give them all the standard (canon) weapons?

BTW, did you consider making them for CSA? I think they could use some capital ships as well, and interface is already cluttered with various units. Lucrehulk is essentially anti-fighter fighter carrier, role already covered by bulk cruisers upgrade...

The rebels need a Venator equivilant, and that would be the Lucrehulk. For the CSA, there is the Invincible, and a half-finished Marauder in the XML's someone could finish it (I'm too busy with the maps) and add it. Also, someone could make the CSA playable.

#19 Shadow-Dragon

Shadow-Dragon
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:35 PM

I chose the Lucrehulk specifacally to give the Rebels a new dreadnaught. It's going to have the kind of fighterpower to take down another dreadnaught if used properly. I'm hoping to organize it's complement in such a way that it can kill an Executor class when used properly. And for the armament, I'm essentially converting things from another mod and adding things from this one to create a unit, so it will have quads, turbos, and whatever else wookiepedia says they were armed with.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and price will compinsate for the really big fighter complement.

Edited by Shadow-Dragon, 20 May 2008 - 07:37 PM.

#20 keraunos

keraunos

Dominus et Deuculus

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:05 PM

Hmmm, the problem here is that it's armament places Lucrehulk among Capitals, but its fighters place it among Dreadnoughts. OP as they are, figtters will be able to decimate everything, I'm afraid. Even worse, I think that Rebellion has enought Dreadnoughts right now. I want to keep the 'feeling' that PR achieved, Empire vs Rebellion. Lucrehulk will make it closer to Republic vs CiS, something I'd like to avoid. So I'm seriously considering skipping Lucrehulks.

Most of all, I'm really concerned by the total lack of response from PR. I don't want to get overambitious with this project. After all, 1.0 is supposed to be a temporary version, and Phoenix clearly has some vision for PR's future. I'd like this mod to serve as eventual base for his 1.1 (bugfixes and polishing of some parts), while our changes slowly give birth to something new.

Maybe somebody should consider creating another 'modding project', taking all the changes and adding a lot of new content? Kaleb? You seem to be the one with enought ideas, time and skills to make it reality :popcorn: If you wish so, I'd be happy to give you permission to use everything for this mod so far :crazed:

BTW, Kaleb, did you get your spies working? I've read somewhere that you had problems with them... I'm too tired to test it today :rolleyes: I need a little rest, so I'll try to work a bit tomorrow after work. If your spies don't work you could look into AotR2 (it has Y-Wing Longprobes as scouts); alternatively, I could do this tomorrow afternoon...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users