REL - Phoenix Rising Enchanced

133 replies to this topic

#41 Kitkun

Kitkun

Hater

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:10 PM

I think TheEmpire is getting them from other sources...

Frosty Freaky Foreign Forum Fox

<DevXen> Today I was at the store and saw a Darth Vader action figure that said "Choking Hazard." It was great.

#42 Kaleb Graff

Kaleb Graff

title available

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:09 PM

This is great! :D Could you do the rest of the New Class, too? I look foreward to it. Also, until it has the upgrade tree, the Nebulon-B2 shouldn't be added for GC in PR enhanced. Otherwise it will be unbalanced.

#43 TheEmpire

TheEmpire

Privite Perkins

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:19 PM

Yeah I get most of the models from z3rox 3.5. I will get the upgrades out as fast as I can. I have been looking for the more realistic B2 model but that can wait.
"Just once, I'd like to destroy a starship that we didn't pay for!"
"Welcome to the jolly old death star."
"Vader gets the plesure of killing someone while we get to stay among the living. Private Perkins overhere has been stranged over 30 times haven't you Perkins." "Good man."

#44 Kaleb Graff

Kaleb Graff

title available

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:21 PM

Get the upgrade tree for the B2 first. I say that for balance reasons. Other then that, it looks great.

#45 Shadow-Dragon

Shadow-Dragon
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 09:58 PM

BTW, I took a few days off modding, so I'd like to hear popular opinion on one issue. Would you rather like to have this mod 'rushed', released with work done sofar, or would you rather wait few more days for it to be more 'complete', and include all changes proposed in various topics: introduction of Nebulon B2, Lucrehulk, reworked all maps, Bothan spies for Rebels, slightly altered land battles, changed Rebel bombardment, changed popcap? I'm slowly drifting towards delay, both because from time to time I need to rest :D, and adding more stuff will make installing this mod worthwhile...

I wouldn't try waiting for the Lucrehulk, it'll be a while. I've not got enough time do to the fact I am:
a. Grounded
b. Going to Maryland for my cousin's graduations this weekend
c. Burdened with EOGs and an EOC (Honors) tests next week.

I have started though, and should get it done as soon as I can obtain my sister's computer for a day. Mine's broken and my mom's can't handle EAW.

I think the fighter complement would be about 42 squadrons. And for armament, I would have it be anti-frigate, so that it isn't good to send into battle against capital ships, and it's vulnerable to bombers.

I'll keep that in mind once I get there. I'm probably going to give it more bombers than fighters though, as I want it to be effective against capitals in a way similar to an SSD. (Or at least until that New Republic Dreadnaught is done. I forget the name.)

#46 TheEmpire

TheEmpire

Privite Perkins

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 01:29 AM

Upgrades will take maybe a week if If I am lucky. Corona will also take a long time. The upgrades are what slows everything down. So much notepad.... :D
"Vader gets the plesure of killing someone while we get to stay among the living. Private Perkins overhere has been stranged over 30 times haven't you Perkins." "Good man."

#47 keraunos

keraunos

Dominus et Deuculus

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 02:56 PM

Kaleb, and what about you and your maps? Since we decided to go with your revised maps, I think that we'll release first version as soon as you finish maps.

What do you guys think about reverting back to vanilla land maps? I seriously consider it, as like I mentioned before, I like to be able to deploy units in certain places - same as building. Make whole (otherwise boring) planet defense a lot more interesting and strategic...

Please give me feedback on the subject, as probably tomorrow I'll start testing them if there will be agreement. Obviously I plan to use as many maps as possible, still using old number of ground buildings and similar terrain types.

#48 Kitkun

Kitkun

Hater

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 03:38 PM

I always liked the ability to choose where units/structures go, and found it kinda stupid that your super expensive superweapon buildings were always as far from any possible defending units and buildings as could be.

But I like the new maps too. I vote maybe. :D

Frosty Freaky Foreign Forum Fox

<DevXen> Today I was at the store and saw a Darth Vader action figure that said "Choking Hazard." It was great.

#49 keraunos

keraunos

Dominus et Deuculus

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:31 AM

I'd like to hear few more votes :thumbsupsmiley:

Kitkun, thanks again for bugtracking, again, icon problems was related to more then one icon entry; so now all chevrons will be available for Quasar-fire upgrades; it will be included in PR enchanced.

Idea: revised amounts of fighters and other units that ship can carry, and additional change I'd seriously consider - small changes in techtree, to better fit timeline. We could swap VSD and ISD; after all, VSDs were available during CW, and during GCW more advanced VSDs (II,III) were common; on the other hand, ISD-Is were common in GCW era (even if first models arrived shortly after CW)... Swaping them would allow me to make them carry TIE Fighters and Bombers :p

#50 TheEmpire

TheEmpire

Privite Perkins

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:09 AM

The First one was put into service I think a couple of days before the war ended.
Also I ran out of muzzle hardpoints to put the laser cannons on. Can you also use the HP hardpoints?

Edited by TheEmpire, 26 May 2008 - 01:10 AM.

#51 Kaleb Graff

Kaleb Graff

title available

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:51 AM

I was out of town over the weekend, so I'm just starting the k's. And I vote to keep the new maps, because they aren't used that much. I don't really care about ground right now.

#52 keraunos

keraunos

Dominus et Deuculus

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:41 PM

The First one was put into service I think a couple of days before the war ended.
Also I ran out of muzzle hardpoints to put the laser cannons on. Can you also use the HP hardpoints?

Doesn't every hardpoint have muzzles? I didn't code in any unit yet, so I don't know. Easier solution would be to use the same Muzzles for diffrent hardpoints. I was thinking about it and asked such a question on FF forum some time ago, and got "yes" answer.

So simply use the same bone for diffrent Hardpoint - obviously still code hardpoints types as diffrent etc. It should work way better then in my mod, where I'll have to have some weapons non-targetable and non-destroyable attributes, as we can't have two targettable hardpoints in the same spot or things mess up...

#53 Kaleb Graff

Kaleb Graff

title available

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 03:29 PM

Doesn't every hardpoint have muzzles? I didn't code in any unit yet, so I don't know. Easier solution would be to use the same Muzzles for diffrent hardpoints. I was thinking about it and asked such a question on FF forum some time ago, and got "yes" answer.

So simply use the same bone for diffrent Hardpoint - obviously still code hardpoints types as diffrent etc. It should work way better then in my mod, where I'll have to have some weapons non-targetable and non-destroyable attributes, as we can't have two targettable hardpoints in the same spot or things mess up...

I'm not sure what you mean, but I hope it works. Still, just get it done. I have to go resize more maps now.
Edit: I just finished with P. I should be done Thursday.

Edited by Kaleb Graff, 27 May 2008 - 11:35 PM.

#54 Kaleb Graff

Kaleb Graff

title available

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 07:49 PM

I just finished the resizing of the maps. Hopefully, Keraunos will release soon.

#55 keraunos

keraunos

Dominus et Deuculus

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 08:13 PM

I got some problems with my mail :( I already e-mailed you - could you send them again? Some kind of packing program would be useful as well, I advise 7zip, as it's compression rate is quite impressive.

I should get files compatibile today as well :good:

#56 Kaleb Graff

Kaleb Graff

title available

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:09 PM

I'll just send them again as a zip file. Hope that solves the problem.

#57 keraunos

keraunos

Dominus et Deuculus

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 11:35 PM

Problem solved, version 1.0 released. See first post for details :good:

#58 Kaleb Graff

Kaleb Graff

title available

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:32 AM

Great. I plan to play for a few days, then work on my next project. I want to re-do the marauder, and add IRD fighters for the CSA. Does anyone know of an IRD model? Also, I finally found a canon artillery unit, the VX artillery droid. It has 2 anti-personal missile launchers and an anti-vehicle missile launcher.

#59 TheEmpire

TheEmpire

Privite Perkins

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:39 AM

The B2 (with upgrades) will be out in a week or two so that can be for next addon? Maybe also some new class ships as well.

#60 Kaleb Graff

Kaleb Graff

title available

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:55 AM

What new class, exactly? Still, I'm looking forward to it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users