• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:47 PM

Hello guys, I've a question. As you all probaly know, in this mod you can play with the Soviets, the Allies, the GDI, the Brotherhood of Nod, and Yuri. Yuri is split into the Loyalists and the Slayers. GDI and Nod are sort of subfactions for the Allies and Soviets respectively. Then we also have teh country's like Cuba or America for the Soviets and Allies. However, I've come up with a new idea. First we have the main factions, like the Soviets, playable.

Allies

Soviets

Loyalists

Slayers

GDI

Nod

These are all playable, and they have 2 subfactions.

Allies
-No name yet (experimental faction, uses light vehicles (no Battle Fortress for instance) and high tech things)
-No name yet (also doesn't focus on heavy vehicles, this faction excels with their airforce and navy)

Soviets
-Rising Sun (uses nuclear things, the name is not stlen from Red Alert 3, but remember what the Nuke Cannon said in C&C Generals?)
-Iron Guard (uses heavy tanks etc)

Loyalists
-Believers (a Yuri / Scrin crossover, they use some sort of Scrin technology, and worship tiberium)
-Wise Ones (stupid name, I know, but can't think of anything else, use mind control etc)

Slayers
-Infested (like the Believers, they are tiberium mutations, but they hate it and just want to destroy everything)
-Chaos Cell (basically a group Slayers that have gone insane, they use chaos technology, and have inhuman weaponry that inflicts as much pain as possible on the enemy before they die, sacrifices their lives for more power (like Overcharge on a Nuclear Reactor in C&C Generals)

GDI
-No idea yet
-No idea yet

Nod
-Kane's Elite (bit stupid name I think, they use high tech things, stealth, lasers, and are above all very loyal to Kane)
-Death Hand (also kind of stupid name I think, they use flame technology like the Black Hand in Kane's Wrath, but they also use cyborgs)

Of course, every faction would lose some and gain some, not like the Nuke General from Zero Hour that had everything normal China had too...

I just tought this up, so if you guys don't like it it doesn't matter, then I won't use it. But please telle me what you think of it, and what I could improve of it.

Edited by need my speed, 18 May 2008 - 02:52 PM.

Please, if you see a mistake in my posts - spelling, grammar, punctuation, or whatever else - point it out. How can one learn from mistakes, if one is not corrected?
There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

#2 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:29 AM

seems good to me

here, some name suggestions

Allies
-Europeans (come on, they make up nearly all of the allies)
-Americans (the are the most powerful of the allies)

Soviets
(why no hammer and sickle!? its like iconic of the soviet regime!)

Loyalists
-Devout (means "Devoted to religion or to the fulfillment of religious obligations"... seems like a good name :) )
-Yuri's Chosen (yuri was the original psychic... wouldn't this be a better name?)

Slayers
-do you mean infested or infected?
-chaotics? (i dont know, chaos cell sounds a bit gla... and just for some reason doesn't feel quit right... but not really sure what a good name would be...)

GDI
-steel talons (come on, it sounds cool doesnt it?)
-...um.... whatever that other GDI faction was called maybe? no idea really

Nod
-... its so hard to think of cool names for nod and gdi when they already have awesome sub faction names from C&C3...
um... Kanes Disciples?
-and... maybe if you make them more ghost-like(stealth tech) you can call the other one Revenants(a revenant is an animated dead),
other then that i have no idea what a cyborgs and flame(with no stelth) nod could be called... hey wait! if you give them blue flames that looks more ghost like. you could have them with blue fire and it might fit
(blue fire and cyborgs... cyborgs are revenants... blue fire is ghost like... it could work)

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:33 PM

Those are GREAT ideas. That Allies ones are great, I will surely use them. Soviets...Well, the Hammer builds a tank (yeah :)) so the Hammer could be for tank / armor faction, but the Sickle...Does anyone have sugegstions what they could use? The Devout also is good (never knew about that word), but Yuri's Chosen is so...Lame I guess...Slayers, what's the difference between infected and infested? Well the Slayers are like GLS / terrorist Soviet / slaves crossover. Steel Talons, well I like it, but as I'm already copying units from Kane's Wrath...AG doesn't like it. ;) Oh, and every faction has 2 robotic units, guess what GDI has (right, Titan and Wolverine), so what could the Steel talons have as new things then? ZOCOM is the other faction in Kane's Wrath. I like the Revenants idea, any sugegstions for Kane's Elite?

Thanks!
Please, if you see a mistake in my posts - spelling, grammar, punctuation, or whatever else - point it out. How can one learn from mistakes, if one is not corrected?

#4 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:33 AM

hey, the two factions for soviets could be "the hammer" and 'the sickle", the hammer could be heavy tanks, the sickle could be the rest, maybe with some faster/less armor, but higher damage(maybe with more infantry)
-------------

yuri's chosen sounds better then wise ones... what about... um... "Cerebral Intellective"? *-dun dun DDDAAA!-* sounds dramatic doesn't it :p really i dont know, but we nned a better one then wise ones... maybe the -something- adept (adept is someone who has a certain level of knowledge or skill)

--------------
infested and infected are nearly the same

"infested:
1. To inhabit or overrun in numbers or quantities large enough to be harmful, threatening, or obnoxious: rats infesting the sewers; streets that were infested with drugs.
2. To live as a parasite in or on: livestock that were infested with tapeworms."

"infected:
1. To contaminate with a pathogenic microorganism or agent.
2. To communicate a pathogen or disease to.
3. To invade and produce infection in.
4. To contaminate or corrupt: envy that infected their thoughts; a society that was infected by racism.
5. To affect in a contagious way: "His fear infected me, and . . . I followed as fast as I could" (W.H. Hudson)."

so infested is more when something is overrun by animals or bugs

infected is more disease and infection
-------------

so, why are you making wolverine and titan their robotic units? they are more like the main units of GDI(in TS anyway)
-------------

well, steel talons can have lower tech but higher armor,(not as much as soviets), maybe more artillery units too?, and the other gdi.. maybe have advanced disrupter weapons and lots of super weapon type weapons(so like super wep general in C&C generals)

--------------

so, are you going to give Revenants stealth or not?

if you do then maybe your other faction can have no stealth?

or both can have stealth, or you can keep Revenants without it.(maybe give revs subterranean stuff but no stealth)

anyway, i think Kain's Disciples is a good name for them, and they can have the stronger lasers, more high tech then normal nod, and fanatical troops.

Posted Image

#5 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:52 PM

But, faster and suicide units...The sickle isn't really a symbol for them, if you get what I mean. I can't really explain, but a hammer is a tool that can make things, like armor ( :rolleyes: ), so it is a good symbol for such a faction...But I really like the idea of using Hammer and Sickle. What does "Cerebral Intellective" mean? I can't find it on Google. Infected it is then. Remember, in this mod the Tiberian Dawn units (plus much more), are copied to Yuri's Revenge, not the Tiberium Sun units. I like the idea of having a faction with better railguns, disruption tech, and maybe some EMP tech, tough what to name it? Well, I guess Kane's Deciple's are good...I think I'm just keeping it as it was, Revenants with no stealth and heavier things, and then Kane's Deciples as the stealth and high tech faction.

Allies
-Europeans (great navy (the Netherlands have one of the best navy in the world, and I'm not saying that not because I live in the Netherlands), aircraft, and infantry (may be much, but sometimes you can't have or use navy, and aircraft is also limited to Aircraft Command HQ's, so also maybe a tad better or just different infantry), also maybe no Prism)
-Americans (high tech, maybe better defences, doesn't specialize in vehicles or such, but also doesn't lose cerain vehicles or such, gets improved thigns of it)

Soviets
-Hammer (heavy armor and tanks)
- (other things, nuclear radiation, or tesla, or what)

Loyalists
-Devout (the Scrin / Yuri faction)
-Elder Guard (the mind control faction, what do you think of it)

Slayers
-Infected (the mutant faction)
- (the more terrorist like faction or such, with more chaos technology or such)

GDI
- (better railguns and disruption tech, maybe EMP)
- (mech's maybe, then they could be the Steel Talons)

Nod
-Revenants (cyborgs, blue flames, powerfull, heavy things)
-Kane's Deciples (high tech, lasers, stealth, fast, light things)

Updated a bit, what do you think of this?

#6 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:31 AM

yes, i understand what you mean, your saying that although using the name hammer and sickle is cool, the sickle doesn't really suit what you want your faction to be about.

but sickle can be whatever you want. if you want you could give the hammer nuke and armour, and sickle tesla and air/speed

it could fit(symbol wise) as a hammer, could represent using strength to win(so tank rushing), where as a sickle is a faster, cutting weapon, meaning if you have tesla and more air power, and faster moving units, it will work

the sickle can be more mobile, but still do high damage with their tesla weaponry(which is also lighter then using tank shells, see, it all fits in)
----------------
cerebral intellect is just two fancy word put together

"your cerebral cortex is part of your brain(i think its the main part)

The cerebral cortex is a structure within the brain that plays a key role in memory, attention, perceptual awareness, thought, language, and consciousness."
(taken from wiki)

and intellect is i guess taken from the word intelligence,
so if someone says they have a massive intellect, that means they are really smart

but yeah, its a fancy name, but im not sure if i really like it...
the name you have right now is better then the last... but it just feels a bit medieval to me, like your talking about wizards and stuff...

----------------

for the slayers second faction(the chaos one) what about the name 'anarchists', anarchy means choas and confusion, so its fits fantastically.

-----------------
with the europeans, maybe have them with better navy and aircraft(so a better aircraft carrier, and something like the black eagles), with some specialized tanks(tank destroyer, some others)

the americans can have good infantry, as they have alot of man power...(also high tech)

----------------

but yeah, going good, we are slowly getting it better and better.... :rolleyes:

Posted Image

#7 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 02:21 PM

Well, what about giving all terrorist things to the Anarchists (well, the Soviets can keep their Demolition Drone and Crazy Ivan's, but not human terrorist like Terrorists and Demo Trucks), then Sickle could fit with their tesla weaponry and nuclear things (nuclear things can be used for faster engines or such, and well, it's a quick way to eliminate lots of people, contamigating (is that a word) an area with radiation.

The Elder Guard and such sounds indeed a bit medieval. :p

Cerebral Intellect doesn't really sound as a faction name I think...

Allies
-Europeans (great navy (the Netherlands have one of the best navy in the world, and I'm not saying that not because I live in the Netherlands), aircraft, and infantry (may be much, but sometimes you can't have or use navy, and aircraft is also limited to Aircraft Command HQ's, so also maybe a tad better or just different infantry), also maybe no Prism)
-Americans (high tech, doesn't specialize in vehicles or such, but also doesn't lose cerain vehicles or such, gets improved things of it, so better things but not specialy infantry or such)

Soviets
-Sickle (nuclear and tesla things)

Loyalists
-I.Q. (maybe if you can think of a good word with an I ad a good word with an Q, the mind control faction, what do you think of it)

Slayers
-Anarchists (the more terrorist like faction or such, with more chaos technology and terrorists)

GDI
- (better railguns and disruption tech, maybe EMP)
-Steel Talons (mech's maybe, then they could be the Steel Talons)

Nod

#8 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:50 AM

Initiation... -Quadrant?- (quadrant is a name for something that is a peice of 4, so there are 2 halves, and 4 quadrants... which doesnt really fit your faction as there are 3 not 4 faction/sub factions)

Intelligence Quotient (a measure of the intelligence of a person calculated by dividing the person's mental age by his or her actual age and multiplying the result by 100)

the first one(initiation quadrant) could have something else for the Q, i just couldnt think of a good one...

those are the two best i can think of for IQ...

so sounds great, just need one for the last GDI...

Posted Image

#9 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  • Projects:Worldbuilding
  •  The Undead

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:07 AM

how about the silent hawks for GDI? maybe say their "silent" because they have disruptors which probably mess up the other players radar and make their base "hidden" from the map, does that sound good?

#10 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 05:25 AM

Yes it does. :p Still I'm not sure about the I.Q., or Intelligence Quotient...

Allies
-Americans (high tech, doesn't specialize in vehicles or such, but also doesn't lose cerain vehicles or such, gets improved things of it, so better things but not specialy infantry or such)

Soviets
-Sickle (nuclear and tesla things)

Loyalists
-I.Q. (maybe if you can think of a good word with an I ad a good word with an Q, the mind control faction, what do you think of it)

Slayers
-Anarchists (the more terrorist like faction or such, with more chaos technology and terrorists)

GDI
-Silent Hawks (better railguns and disruption tech, maybe EMP)
-Steel Talons (mech's, better armor, maybe railguns)

Nod

#11 partyzanPaulZy

partyzanPaulZy

"quarawr!"

• Members
  • 576 posts
  • Projects:Corruption Of Power - YR mod
  •  doing my mod alone till 1st release (then will see)

Posted 23 May 2008 - 09:13 AM

I am not sure about Europeans, but if you want (it's your mod).
The others looks impressive. :p
Posted Image
"Soviet Union was a superpower and each superpower needs at least 1 war at 5 years to keep army in a good condition." ... my grandpa. USA create wars more frequently.

#12 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 09:40 AM

what else would it be? allies is America and European countries(with some scattered other, which are usually tied to Europe anyway, like Australia...)

Posted Image

#13 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:01 PM

Well, look for example at the faction list in RA2, from the US we have:

America

From the Europeans we have:

Great-Britain
Germany
France

And from former Soviets (I believe, I don't know, but in the RA2 Soviet campaign in the mission where you have to defend the motherland against the Koreans they say something like 'how dare they to betray us' if I remember correctly).

Also, in the campaign, the Americans ask for help in France, and Germany, and Great Britain, and Poland too if I remember correctly, so the Europeans are not some minor party. And also, I want the Netherlands in. :p

#14 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 09:15 AM

now... the silent hawks...

theres just something about it that doesnt seem to flow smoothly(if you know what i mean)

see, night hawk, that flows smoothly, black eagle, that flows

silent hawks, doesnt seem to flow for me, and although its a cool name, it also doesn't fit the faction
(silent is stealth, they are not a stealth faction)

whats about the -something- griffin?
(i dont know!, i really have no ideas...)

the two that need work is IQ(if we can find a good thing for them ti wont have to change), and silent hawks

hey, what about STOF? secret technologies and operations force? :D
or Blackhawk Strikeforce?

err, dont really know if i like any of them... :( cant think of a good one...

oh well, keep whatever you want, maybe a good name will come to me later...

Posted Image

#15 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 12:46 PM

Silent doesn't need to be stealth. But whatever, I quite agree...Could someone find a animal that is fast, light, and attacks fast and efficient. Maybe something that also lives in the shadows or dark...I think that would fit with the faction.

The faction will have lighter, faster vehicles (not super fast and light armored, also medium armored etc, but no super heavy things), railguns are instant attacks (if you get what I mean), and also quite powerful thus efficient. Radar jamming things will hide the faction, thus the shadow / darkness thingy. And for some reason, disruption tech and EMP tech fits nicely with that.

#16 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  • Projects:Worldbuilding
  •  The Undead

Posted 24 May 2008 - 04:36 PM

errrmm.... how about the Dark Falcons?
Falcons are part of the Raptor family, as for Bird Of Prey-the GDI's emblem, and the hawk, so what do you think?

#17 partyzanPaulZy

partyzanPaulZy

"quarawr!"

• Members
  • 576 posts
  • Projects:Corruption Of Power - YR mod
  •  doing my mod alone till 1st release (then will see)

Posted 24 May 2008 - 04:44 PM

With Europeans I meant that thing about Navy, because US Navy seems to be larger.
Posted Image
"Soviet Union was a superpower and each superpower needs at least 1 war at 5 years to keep army in a good condition." ... my grandpa. USA create wars more frequently.

#18 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 06:16 PM

Dark Falcons, well, maybe, I need more opinions on it. :D

American indeed has a bigger navy, Europeans (and thus the Netherlands) have the better navy. :thumbsupsmiley: But well, the Americans have more of everything...But that is because they are such a big country. :thumbsupsmiley:

#19 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 05:01 AM

shadow falcons...

NO WAIT!
Shroud Hawks! that sounds freaking awesome! use that name!
(unless someone doesn't like that, or thinks they know a cooler sounding one?)

Posted Image

#20 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 06:02 AM

Are you serious? But I guess I don't like the 'Shroud' part of it (hey don't look angry). :p What about Firehawk tough, or Orca? Joking tough.

I think I like Blackhawk Strikefroce the most from some_wierdGuy. What does everyone else think of it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users