#21 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  • Projects:Wars of the East mod
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 11 June 2008 - 07:21 PM

The Were-Worm isn't a real hero, just a big monster. But thanks for the hint, I really forgot about that, despite that Were-Worms are able to spit fireballs with the Flames of the Last Desert ability to set the oil aflame, plus harass enemy infantry from above. I'll add this hint right away :xd:

About Evil Men Mine Sweep: this sounds like the "suicide attack" trick I made up at the River of Fire strategy, but in bigger size. I'll try to come up with an alternative version which focuses purely on the explosive stuff (some advices from you wouldn't hurt, though) :crazed:
Note: gunpowder is ONE word, not two :) but apart from that, you spelled it right.

About Isengard Mine Sweep: yeah, I've heard about that strategy a lot, and seen videos on YouTube based on this. From what I can tell, it takes a long time to master. One of the big problems is the immense cost; you can't really construct Explosive Mines in great number until mid-late/late game, and until then you have to build up a formidable base defense and stable economy, which can be quite hard in great matches. The second problem is, as you said, enemy Fire attacks - something which isn't rare in late game. Also, people sometime accidently blow up the mines before the time is right (I guess this is rare, but I've heard about it once). I guess the distraction - sneak in - blow up path does work, though. I'll try it out and see what happens.
Note: Watch this. You MUST.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related
Posted Image
---
"Well, I can't argue with that - modding IS hard. But what would have become of games like Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Dungeon Siege, Half-Life 1-2, Neverwinter Nights and BfME 1-2 if we, modders, weren't there ? They would have long been forgotten. Modding is hard, but it's an honorable thing." - MorrisB

#22 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:Trying to find meaning...
  •  The guy that is just a ghost.

Posted 11 June 2008 - 07:48 PM

The Were-Worm isn't a real hero, just a big monster. But thanks for the hint, I really forgot about that, despite that Were-Worms are able to spit fireballs with the Flames of the Last Desert ability to set the oil aflame, plus harass enemy infantry from above. I'll add this hint right away :xd:

About Evil Men Mine Sweep: this sounds like the "suicide attack" trick I made up at the River of Fire strategy, but in bigger size. I'll try to come up with an alternative version which focuses purely on the explosive stuff (some advices from you wouldn't hurt, though) :crazed:
Note: gunpowder is ONE word, not two :) but apart from that, you spelled it right.

About Isengard Mine Sweep: yeah, I've heard about that strategy a lot, and seen videos on YouTube based on this. From what I can tell, it takes a long time to master. One of the big problems is the immense cost; you can't really construct Explosive Mines in great number until mid-late/late game, and until then you have to build up a formidable base defense and stable economy, which can be quite hard in great matches. The second problem is, as you said, enemy Fire attacks - something which isn't rare in late game. Also, people sometime accidently blow up the mines before the time is right (I guess this is rare, but I've heard about it once). I guess the distraction - sneak in - blow up path does work, though. I'll try it out and see what happens.
Note: Watch this. You MUST.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

A: The Were-Worm is counted a hero on the game.
B1: I looked at the strategy and I don't think that the oil dries up, it just becomes invisible.
B2: Wait, wha...?O_o I just saw that suicide attack trick you put up. I didn't see that!
B3:Thanks for the "how to spell gunpowder" lesson.
C: I have never seen somebody trip and fall and die like that on YouTube before, and that the trick is that well known!
A changed man is only the same man with a different outlook of life.

#23 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:52 AM

A) I know this, but you can summon as many Were-Worms as you want if you have enough cash. That's why I don't consider it as a real hero. During the time of Beta 1.0, a Beta Tester posted a screenshot where he had about a dozen (!) Were-Worms flying around...

B) What I meant by "the oil dries up" is that after you set it aflame, the effect will wear off after some time and the fires will disappear, so you must spill oil again.

C) This is one of the reasons why I founded the Training Academy in the first place :p (nah, just kidding)

Edited by MorrisB, 12 June 2008 - 08:54 AM.

Posted Image
---
"Well, I can't argue with that - modding IS hard. But what would have become of games like Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Dungeon Siege, Half-Life 1-2, Neverwinter Nights and BfME 1-2 if we, modders, weren't there ? They would have long been forgotten. Modding is hard, but it's an honorable thing." - MorrisB

#24 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 06:01 PM

A) I know this, but you can summon as many Were-Worms as you want if you have enough cash. That's why I don't consider it as a real hero. During the time of Beta 1.0, a Beta Tester posted a screenshot where he had about a dozen (!) Were-Worms flying around...

B) What I meant by "the oil dries up" is that after you set it aflame, the effect will wear off after some time and the fires will disappear, so you must spill oil again.

C) This is one of the reasons why I founded the Training Academy in the first place :thumbsupsmiley: (nah, just kidding)

A: Wait wha... :thumbsupsmiley: ? :xd: Oh, I I forgot the per fortress part of it.
B: Oh, I missunderstood you.
C: It was funny, though!

#25 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 15 June 2008 - 03:01 PM

Alright young warlords and warlocks, new update - the Isengard Spellbook ! You can see it just below the Dorwinion Spellbook. As Isengard's spellbook had been almost completely re-designed, I felt that some people would find such description useful.
Posted Image
---

#26 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 01:54 AM

^_^ I just noticed something! River Of Fire, Ring Of Fate! All my initals of my name (in this website!)! Did anyone else notice that?

#27 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 16 June 2008 - 07:10 AM

I did, but I would be happier if you've commented one of the strategies or descriptions rather than this twist of fate... by the way, the "River of Fire" came from a game called Stronghold, where a monk called an oil swamp the River of Fire, as it easily caught fire...

Edited by MorrisB, 16 June 2008 - 07:12 AM.

Posted Image
---

#28 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 04:32 AM

I did, but I would be happier if you've commented one of the strategies or descriptions rather than this twist of fate... by the way, the "River of Fire" came from a game called Stronghold, where a monk called an oil swamp the River of Fire, as it easily caught fire...

Ok, but, about the Dorwinion spellbook, heal and rally call are in each others places. Meaning it goes heal-rally call-birds.

#29 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 25 June 2008 - 12:23 PM

Problem fixed now. Thanks :p
Posted Image
---

#30 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:47 PM

Problem fixed now. Thanks :)

There were a few other mistakes I saw, most I forgot ;), the others:
A:Rallying Call -> Volunteers...? I thought it goes Heal -> Volunteers! :p
B: If I remember any more, I'll post them here.

#31 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:36 PM

I've taken care of that when I fixed the "Heal-Rallying Call" problem; I was aware that the "Requires" -parts had to be fixed, too when you mentioned the exchanged powers :p
Posted Image
---

#32 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 03:09 AM

I've taken care of that when I fixed the "Heal-Rallying Call" problem; I was aware that the "Requires" -parts had to be fixed, too when you mentioned the exchanged powers :p

I ment in the conclusion. You know, the thing that shows tier paths.

#33 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:33 AM

Taken care of :thumbsupsmiley:
Posted Image
---

#34 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 05:18 PM

Mistake: Isengard's Pillagers and Wargs of the North spells are switched too.

#35 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:16 PM

came from a game called Stronghold, where a monk called an oil swamp the River of Fire, as it easily caught fire...

I love that game...

#36 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 28 June 2008 - 05:26 PM

I like it too, but let's stay on-topic, shall we :p ?

Fixed the problem mentioned by Ring of Fate.
Posted Image
---

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users