182 replies to this topic

#41 shadowcreature

shadowcreature

title available

• Members
  • 457 posts
  •  RJ-Bug Hunter

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:54 PM

:wub: Wow, that's kind of fast. Still, good news nonetheless. :thumbsupsmiley: I am curious on how the LWM will get diversified.

#42 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:58 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by disversified...cause, you already have the picture :thumbsupsmiley:

Oops, nevermind, guess you haven't :wub:

Rohan is gonna get majorly split up, as will harad and the ithilien region of gondor.

Basically everything that was in bfme1, plus some more.

I think theres slightly over 100 regions total.

Edited by YodaWarrior, 01 June 2008 - 11:00 PM.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#43 alin10bigg

alin10bigg
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 12:29 PM

OMG!!! :thumbsupsmiley:
Posted Image
Nobody is perfect.I am nobody.

#44 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 02 June 2008 - 07:35 PM

and you expect this by our beta, which you expect this week? that is amazing!
will definitely need to clear out my schedule for this one

Edited by Dalf32, 02 June 2008 - 07:36 PM.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#45 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 02 June 2008 - 07:44 PM

Oops...I forgot you couldn't see mapping forum ;).

All rob has left to do is coding where heroes and buildplots go in the actualy territory, and territory bonuses :p

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#46 The Black Goldfish

The Black Goldfish
  • Members
  • 42 posts
  • Projects:A Chernobyl trip/retrip
  •  Weird-and-Wicked Lobbyist

Posted 02 June 2008 - 08:06 PM

Rohan is gonna get majorly split up, as will harad and the ithilien region of gondor.

Not to mention Gondor in general...Belfalas could be split into Lebennin and Belfalas
Anfalas could/Should be split into Anfalas / Lamedon

that of cause requires new maps...
The Black Goldfish Pisses in (read= on) the mainstream... again.

94% of teenagers today are a bunch of uninformed morons. If you are one of the 6% who actually reads the paper, or anything besides cheap magazines and a couple of schoolbooks, copy and paste this into your signature.
98% of teens have done pot. Copy and paste this to your signature if you are one of the 2% that are pot free.
92% of teens listen to nothing but rap. If you are one of the 8% that listens to real music(like metal...), copy and paste this to your signature.

I am a RJ fan, but i am too god-damn stupid to copy the sign in here...just ought to let you know!

#47 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 02 June 2008 - 08:21 PM

And don't forget the maps. It will not be 100% done as there are maps that have not been completed.

As for the date, I don't think it will be ready for public in the next few weeks. There is still a lot to do and I'm in the middle of a fiscal year close so I can't give any specific date. The next private beta I'm hoping to deliver this week. Then I'll be closing all loose ends, fixing bugs, and making sure all hero powers etc. are in and MotE's power tree is working correctly. Once that is done the private group will get to test it to make sure it's workin' right and then I'll make release it to the public. While I could put the current version up for download, there are areas such as hero powers, power trees that are not ready and I think that will be more of a disappointment.

So it will be there similar to the campaign, a glimpse of what is coming. While there has been a LOT of work on the campaign, I doubt you'll see anything in this next beta. I'm more trying to expand the elves, and finish up all of the unfinished items from 1.05.06.

There are 110 territories on the map broken into 10 regions and I'll include some screens:

Quick outline of the regions. This screen is just a texture screen with the 3d spline on top. This was just one of the MANY time consuming pieces of the process. All in all it will probably take 2-3 weeks of time to get this working correctly. It's such an important part of the mod that I thought it warranted the work and the delay of the next release, especially if it meant that it could possibly be included. (Though not in the non-linear campaign yet):

Posted Image

Here are some sceens with a few of the territories coded. I'm starting with the southeast and working my way across the map. I've changed the regions outlines and this is a WIP of the outlines text layer of the living map:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Robert J.

Edited by robnkarla, 03 June 2008 - 09:19 AM.

#48 The Black Goldfish

The Black Goldfish
  • Members
  • 42 posts
  • Projects:A Chernobyl trip/retrip
  •  Weird-and-Wicked Lobbyist

Posted 02 June 2008 - 08:43 PM

Souweet!

Cool, looks like City of corsairs and Khand has made it into the map...

looking forward...

TBG
The Black Goldfish Pisses in (read= on) the mainstream... again.

94% of teenagers today are a bunch of uninformed morons. If you are one of the 6% who actually reads the paper, or anything besides cheap magazines and a couple of schoolbooks, copy and paste this into your signature.
98% of teens have done pot. Copy and paste this to your signature if you are one of the 2% that are pot free.
92% of teens listen to nothing but rap. If you are one of the 8% that listens to real music(like metal...), copy and paste this to your signature.

I am a RJ fan, but i am too god-damn stupid to copy the sign in here...just ought to let you know!

#49 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 02 June 2008 - 08:48 PM

Amon Hen, Andrast, Anfalas, Angmar, Anorien, Barrow Down (South), Belfalas, Black Gate, Blue Mountains, Buckland (East Farthing), Cair Andros, Redhorn Pass, Cardolan, Carn Dum, Carnen, Carrock, Central Ithilien, Dagorlad, Dead Marshes, Dimril Dale, Dol Amroth, Dol Guldur, Dorwinion, Drudan Forest, Dunharrow, Dunland, East Bight, East Emnet, East Rohan, Eastfold, Eaves of Fangorn, Edoras, Emyn Arnen, Emyn Muil, Enedwaith, Erebor/Dale, Eregion, Esgaroth(Lake-Town), Ettenmoors, Evendim Hills, Evendim Lake, Fangorn Forest, Far Harad, Field of Celebrant, Fords of Bruinen, Fords of Isen, Forlindon, Fornost, Forodwaith, Framsburg, Gap of Rohan, Gladden Fields, Grey Havens, Grey Mountains, Halfirien (temped to combine this with Eastfold), Halls of Thranduil, Harlindon, Harlond, Harondor, Harondor, Helms Deep, High Pass, Hobbiton, Iron Hills, Isengard, Khand, Lamedon, Lebinnin, Lithlad, Lothlorien, Minas Morgul, Minas Tirith, Minhiriath, Mirkwood, Moria, Mount Doom, Mount Gundabad, Mouths Entwash, Near Harad, North Downs, Northern Ithlien, Northern Mirkwood, Nurn, Old Brown Lands, Old Ford Anduin, Old Forest, Osgiliath, Paths of the Dead, Pelargir, Rhudaur, Rhun, Rivendell, Rohan, Shelob's Lair/Cirith Ungol, Southern Ithilien, Swan Flet, Tharbad, Tolfalas, Tower Hills, Trollshaws, Umbar, Vales of Celduin, Weather Hills, Weathertop, West Emnet, West Fold, Withered Heath, & Wold

Hope rob doesn't mind me posting

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#50 Funbomb

Funbomb
  • Project Team
  • 246 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:48 PM

Man, a lot of maps to play, I hope you guys the best with the mod and I can't wait to play.
Posted Image <---2nd Sig I Made
Posted Image <---4th
Posted Image

#51 Scryer

Scryer

title available

• Project Team
  • 565 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:57 PM

Rob this is impressive! You spoil us sometimes ;) ! I can't wait to play it in WOTR when the next beta is released. And the non-linear (?) campaign looks nothing short of impressive.

So I don't suppose that you're going to get MOTE/Rohan/Arnor working properly in the next release then?

Edited by Scryer, 02 June 2008 - 09:57 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#52 shadowcreature

shadowcreature

title available

• Members
  • 457 posts
  •  RJ-Bug Hunter

Posted 02 June 2008 - 10:14 PM

Wow all those territories. This is going to mke WOTR rife with epic battles more so now. I'm intrigued on what lands will go to which region. ;)

#53 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Projects:RPG Frontier

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:07 AM

Wow...That's a lot. I always felt that the WOTR matches didn't represent the vastness of Middle-Earth (not to mention that it's tough to move an army quickly). But this is far more than I ever expected.

Posted Image

#54 Scryer

Scryer

title available

• Project Team
  • 565 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:21 AM

Wow...That's a lot. I always felt that the WOTR matches didn't represent the vastness of Middle-Earth (not to mention that it's tough to move an army quickly). But this is far more than I ever expected.

I second that.

Way to shut RJ's fans into awe, Rob and everyone else on the team.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#55 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:46 AM

Also, stay tuned for larger scale Historical Scenarios. It always bugged me when they had the scenarios that they didn't go full-force. And with the expanded territories it will take Isengard vs. Rohan battles to a new level. (Start with only Isengard and a massive army vs. Rohan and their territories.....Dwarves vs. Rhun.....Elves vs. Wild/Goblins.....Gondor vs. MotE/Mordor.....Arnor vs. Angmar)

There are many areas to explore and expand upon, this is really only the surface.

Robert J.

#56 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts
  • Projects:Existing
  •  It's not your skill, boys. It's your will. Ooh-rah!

Posted 03 June 2008 - 01:53 AM

This is unbelievable. And to think that this is merely the surface...This will go a long way into the future of the mod.

Good fortune and godspeed,
Vithar An'Yuudai

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#57 tompabus

tompabus
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 05:52 AM

Teritories are good but maybe more of them ;) and if you know how improve surface do it please!!Map from Ea is much green than it is in reality!!!

#58 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Coder, skinner, modeler, art guy

Posted 03 June 2008 - 06:46 AM

Dorwinion is in? Excellent! And Khand, Far Harad, Dol Amroth and Halls of Thranduil sound extremely interesting too ;)

#59 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 03 June 2008 - 07:25 AM

More? It took long enough working out 100+ of them. The whole map is full, bar the very north east.
Posted Image

#60 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 03 June 2008 - 07:57 AM

The territory in the northeast has been named and we will hopefully be able to come up with a map for it. Orocarni - Red Mountains. It's a little west of where they are, so it's more of a small branch of the mountain ranges.

And if I have not mentioned it here, credit goes to m@tt for helping split out the regions, using his map as one of the guides in splitting up the living map. The main thing left is to work on all of the maps to ensure there is one for every territory. Some will take more time than others, but hopefully we'll be able to get them all done.

Robert J.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users