*Resolved* - Game. dat errors

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Wazoox2_*

Guest_Wazoox2_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:51 PM

[b][b][font="Impact"]I have extracted the RJ_RotWK file into my C: drive and i found the shortcut. I created another shortcut for the mod onto my desktop and opened the file. My game is in my computer and it plays a black screen then in a few seconds it says "game. dat has encountered an error and must close" and then it closes down the game. I've tried everything I can think of but still no luck ^_^ If anyone knows what i can do please notify me and it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

#2 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 28 May 2008 - 12:06 AM

i, at least, will need a bit more info:
what are the target and start lines of the new shortcut (in the properties dialog)?
is your game patched to 2.01?
do you have any other mods installed?
can you run the game vanilla (without any mods i.e. the originial rotwk)?

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Guest_Wazoox2_*

Guest_Wazoox2_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:16 AM

i, at least, will need a bit more info:
what are the target and start lines of the new shortcut (in the properties dialog)?
is your game patched to 2.01?
do you have any other mods installed?
can you run the game vanilla (without any mods i.e. the originial rotwk)?

I don't have the patch, no. I have no other mods installed on this computer. My rotwk works fine without any mod or patch or whatever, i can play the game fine.
I've read some other posts with basically the same problem and the solution seemed to be based on installing a patch or something so could you tell me how to get that?

Thanks

#4 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:24 AM

Insert your game disk, click update.

^_^

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#5 Guest_Wazoox2_*

Guest_Wazoox2_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2008 - 06:53 AM

Insert your game disk, click update.

^_^

I clicked on update and it just said there was nothing to download

#6 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 28 May 2008 - 07:16 PM

well if it said that then its patched...
try starting up the game and going into options. i believe in the bottom right corner it tells you which version you are running.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Guest_Wazoox2_*

Guest_Wazoox2_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2008 - 08:05 PM

well if it said that then its patched...
try starting up the game and going into options. i believe in the bottom right corner it tells you which version you are running.

Ok well i went into the settings and it said it was patch 2.01. So what do i do now?

#8 Funbomb

Funbomb
  • Project Team
  • 246 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 09:06 PM

Try this, I know this is going to work, it always work for some odd reason.

Go to your application data, hope you can find that, and move RotwK one to some where you can find it again. Try the shortcut and it should work. If you want your profiles and other stuff, delete the new application data the game made and replace it with your old application data you moved.

Hoped that helped.

~Funbomb
Posted Image <---2nd Sig I Made
Posted Image <---4th
Posted Image

#9 Guest_Wazoox2_*

Guest_Wazoox2_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:45 AM

Try this, I know this is going to work, it always work for some odd reason.

Go to your application data, hope you can find that, and move RotwK one to some where you can find it again. Try the shortcut and it should work. If you want your profiles and other stuff, delete the new application data the game made and replace it with your old application data you moved.

Hoped that helped.

~Funbomb

I'm still a little confused. Do I drag the RJ_RotWK shortcut into my application data folder or what?

#10 the-king112

the-king112

Downloader

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  I don't have a position

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:48 PM

you can put the rj_rotwk shortcut anywhere, on desktop, c:// etc.....
make sure the target and start in are correct.

target should read: "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king\lotrbfme2ep1.exe" -mod "C:\RJ_RotWK"

Edited by the-king112, 06 June 2008 - 06:49 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Funbomb

Funbomb
  • Project Team
  • 246 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 01:18 AM

the rotwk application data
Posted Image <---2nd Sig I Made
Posted Image <---4th
Posted Image

#12 Guest_Crebain_*

Guest_Crebain_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:46 PM

I have an error when playing the mod. The mod works fine when I start it up and it also works fine when I play skirmish but when I start up the War of the Ring mode and chose my faction etc and I press play and go to the world map it suddenly crashes to my desktop en I get this error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program Files\Electronic Arts\ The Rise of the Witch-king\game.dat

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

That's the whole error I have no idea what to do can anybody help me??
^_^

#13 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:49 PM

I think it's due to the fact WotR isn't finished yet. ^_^
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#14 Linas

Linas

King of Gondor

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Projects:Gediminas Mod
  •  Project Leader For Gediminas Mod and Coder

Posted 13 July 2008 - 09:39 PM

Why i got don't send error in wotr? No any mods where i can play wotr mode with new factions? It is possible to fix it?

#15 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 13 July 2008 - 10:00 PM

Of course it is, and it will be fixed, eventually. Not in the coming version though, sorry :crazed:

Edited by Allathar, 13 July 2008 - 10:00 PM.

It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users