Upcoming community summits...

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 8,997 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:55 AM

With RA3 being released in the end of the year and Tiberium a bit earlier, don't be surprised if you start hearing about RA3 or Tiberium Community Summits in the next weeks. And, of course, they always manage to invite someone from Revora. In the C&C3 one, I could meet Hostile there. Anyway, for the upcoming community summits, we'd like to present trailers from some C&C mods and I'm wondering if any of you has anything interesting to show.

Remember that, with your mod trailer being displayed on EALA's theater, you don't simply call EALA's attention and improved support on future Battlecast Primetime episodes for your mod, you also call the community's attention and increase your mod's ranks and reputation.

This is a one time opportunity in a year and I repeat: you only have few weeks to provide us your trailer.
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#2 GodSun666

GodSun666

Marching Trough The Eternal Fields Of Chaos!

• Banned
  • 1,439 posts
  • Projects:Fast Fun And Crazy for Red Alert 3

Posted 29 May 2008 - 02:28 PM

Sounds nice for the bigger mod teams. I can bet you all €100,- that Midle east crisis would provide an trailer. Because that mod deserves a spot ;)!
Goodluck to all of you :p!
для матери Россия! Советский Союз победит! Америка может облизывать мои яйца
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 8,997 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...

Posted 31 May 2008 - 10:03 PM

Hey guys, I just wanna point out that we don't have much time left to do these trailers. I'm aware of one summit that should happen in less than 2 weeks and I know someone from this highly ranked in this network who will probably be there. If there are any mod groups interested on providing us trailers to show on EA Theater, please, PM me as soon as possible.

The EA Community Manager needs to be warned in the week before the trip happens, so he can organize time for the invited person who represents this network to show the whole stuff in the last day of the summit.

Note that EA has politics that prevents invited people from revealing that they were invited to these events, as well as providing its date earlier, which may cause them to be booted from the event. This is why I'm being as much generic as I can.

(Note: I am not highly ranked in this network, so I'm not talking about me presenting it in the theater in the paragraphs above. I'm just being an intermediate)
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#4 Solinx

Solinx

• Undead
  • 3,100 posts
  • Projects:Real Life
  • Job:Retired Leader / Manager

Posted 01 June 2008 - 01:10 AM

This topic has only had 56 views yet. Try sending a mass-pm to the hosted group if response is low.

Solinx
Posted Image

"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

#5 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 01 June 2008 - 07:28 AM

Is this exclusive to RA3/CNC3 projects?

If not, I intend to try and make a trailer for Robot Storm if possible.

Regardless, I will be making said trailer, however I have a friendlier deadline if it doesn't have to be for this summit. ;)

#6 Elerium

Elerium

Road test? Me? But I gotta go save the world!

• Project Team
  • 631 posts
  •  Temporal Agent

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:16 AM

Yeah, we'd like to submit a Robot Storm trailer, also Judeau and I also want to submit a Tiberium Sun Dusk trailer too ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 raminator

raminator

Humba, Humba, Humba Tätärä

• Hosted
  • 1,600 posts
  • Projects:ehmmm don´t tell you :P
  •  der Biermeister hat gesprochen

Posted 01 June 2008 - 01:30 PM

hey banshmeister
if you are invited and you can present stuff, you could mention the ra3voxel comp :thumbsupsmiley:
Posted Image
if ^ does not work click here
I support Xeno getting well. Go Xeno!

#8 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 8,997 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 03:38 PM

Is this exclusive to RA3/CNC3 projects?

If not, I intend to try and make a trailer for Robot Storm if possible.

Regardless, I will be making said trailer, however I have a friendlier deadline if it doesn't have to be for this summit. :thumbsupsmiley:

C&C mods = TD, RA1, TS, RA2, Renegade, Generals, C&C3 and all expansions.

Yeah, we'd like to submit a Robot Storm trailer, also Judeau and I also want to submit a Tiberium Sun Dusk trailer too

Tiberian Sun Dusk is hosted on PPM. I'd need to convince the invited person to present it there. But I'd be happy to see it on EA screens.

hey banshmeister
if you are invited and you can present stuff, you could mention the ra3voxel comp

I wish they could see everything that happens with the oldschool modding community, but the main objective of this presentation is to get the people there more familiar with Revora hosted mods.

And this:

(Note: I am not highly ranked in this network, so I'm not talking about me presenting it in the theater in the paragraphs above. I'm just being an intermediate)

Project Perfect Mod

Posted Image

#9 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,271 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 01 June 2008 - 04:27 PM

Hmm... damn. Wish I'd got off my arse and modded earlier. :thumbsupsmiley:

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#10 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 8,997 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:14 PM

Mass PM sent:

{member_name},

With RA3 being released in the end of the year and Tiberium a bit earlier, don't be surprised if you start hearing about RA3 or Tiberium Community Summits in the next weeks. And, of course, they always manage to invite someone from Revora. In the first C&C3 Community Summit in december 2006, Hostile and Banshee were invited. In the second one, nobody from Revora has showed up. At Kane's Wrath Community Summit, nobody from Revora was invited as well. Anyway, for the upcoming community summits, we'd like to present trailers from some C&C mods hosted in the network and we are looking for anything interesting to show.

With your mod trailer being displayed on EALA's theater, you don't simply call EALA's attention and improved support on future Battlecast Primetime episodes for your mod, you also call the community's attention and increase your mod's ranks and reputation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a one time opportunity in a year and you only have less than two weeks to provide us your trailer.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide any detail about the event, neither who is going to represent Revora there (or who will be 'recruited' to represent Revora there, although one person will certainly be able to visit the community people in the hotel, which is enough to recruit people to join the cause, isn't it?)

Note: By C&C mods we mean: TD, RA2, TS, RA2, Renegade, Generals and C&C3 mods, as well as any expansion, ETS, RP and NPatch is valid.

The trailer must fit in a typical 2+gb pen drive, it may have any screen resolution and shouldn't be longer than 1 minute. EA provides only 5 minutes to each person who is doing a presentation there and we want to show trailers from more than one mod.

Kind regards,

The Revora Team

Project Perfect Mod

Posted Image

#11 Boomerang Python

Boomerang Python

Only War Mod Leader

• Hosted
  • 2,370 posts
  • Projects:Only War, Only War 2
  •  Colonel-Commissar

Posted 02 June 2008 - 12:00 AM

Got it, and Only War 2 will definately have a trailer ready in time... however the pm doesnt say who is to be contacted about info on like where to chuck the finished trailer or if it needs to be in a specific file format?
My DeviantArt - Check it out.
Posted Image
My Wii code: 6472 3114 4930 8707

"Om du kan stå, när alla andra sviktar
och sen klandras du för att just du står rak
Om du kan tro på ditt när andra riktar
sitt välbekanta tvivel mot din sak

Om var minut av nitti sen kan fyllas
med verk av dig som giltigt räknats ner
min vän, som jordens konung ska du hyllas
men du är också man, och det är mer."

#12 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 8,997 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:02 AM

Sorry, I am the one who has to be contacted.
Project Perfect Mod

Posted Image

#13 Boomerang Python

Boomerang Python

Only War Mod Leader

• Hosted
  • 2,370 posts
  •  Colonel-Commissar

Posted 02 June 2008 - 12:13 PM

Alright good to know :thumbsupsmiley:
Posted Image

#14 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 02 June 2008 - 11:29 PM

I don't think I could go to one of those summits, I'd be to excited from all the cool stuff and my social skills aren't that good either.

So do you know who's going?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#15 Boomerang Python

Boomerang Python

Only War Mod Leader

• Hosted
  • 2,370 posts
  •  Colonel-Commissar

Posted 02 June 2008 - 11:52 PM

It's secret, they can't reveal it because if they do they might be banned from the event by EA
Posted Image

#16 Duke

Duke

Doctor Doctor!

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:46 AM

Pretty much ;)

#17 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 8,997 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 04:24 PM

Hey guys, this is a quick and important update. While we techically have 5 minutes to show up something, my memories from the last summit reminds me that everyone there bypassed their time... taking up to 20 minutes in few ocasions. So, if it takes like 10 or 15 minutes, it won't be a problem.

This means that we are accepting up to 4 minutes trailers, since we won't spend much time talking about Revora itself.

Here's a sample of a trailer that would be very well received there:
http://www.moddb.com...obscured/videos

(And this was exactly what was going to be shown on december 2006's summit, except that the movie that was in pen drive had a much higher resolution).
Project Perfect Mod

Posted Image

#18 Boomerang Python

Boomerang Python

Only War Mod Leader

• Hosted
  • 2,370 posts
  •  Colonel-Commissar

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:50 PM

Awesome news mate
Posted Image

#19 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 8,997 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:51 AM

Hey guys, we'd like to apologise for the sudden change of plans, but here's the deal:

We've got only one person in the event, whose APOC suggested to demo his own mod. The other invited person was cut due to budget problems and won't be there unless a miracle happens. The person who is confirmed in the event said that he can plug one mod in the event at most (I.e.: Only War 2).

Now, a 4 minutes trailer would be a bit much, so if you can limit your trailer into 2 minutes and a half, it would become more viable.

We need the trailer by June 11th.
Project Perfect Mod

Posted Image

#20 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 08 June 2008 - 04:43 PM

Hm. I'll just make a trailer to my own deadline...call it inter-community promo, to be shown at some later date. :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users