• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ZenBKage

ZenBKage

Ini Coder/BFME2 Arcade Edition Creater

• Hosted
  • 427 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:45 AM

hey guys. i have all the .xml files all laid out and ready to be edited. i only want to do a couple of simple changes which i had found in mods in the past i downloaded. i'll list the things i want to do and if someone could point me in the right direction to the xml files necessary id be grateful.

1) change the starting cash for skirmish
2) changing the overall land and space skirmish population cap
3) making X-Wings and Tie Fighters buildable from the skirmish land bases. (i know not realistic but was cool when i had a mod ages which did:) )

thanks very much:)
- Freedom is Choice -

#2 lycan

lycan

title available

• Banned
  • 553 posts
  • Projects:HP Mod
  •  Im just a guy around these forums

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:26 AM

For 3)

If EAW/Foc was anything like UAW coding then this is my only help and guess for EAW (dont mod/dont have it)

Look in productiondependencies.xml i that is where stuff is built from :good:.

But that may be absolutley wrong but i heard UAW coding was very identical to EAW coding.

#3 Sith of Steel

Sith of Steel
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:31 AM

For 2)

The space skirmish cap (which is also the space GC cap) and the land skirmish cap are changed independently for each faction. Look in Factions.xml and Expansion_Factions for these lines:

<Space_Tactical_Unit_Cap>25</Space_Tactical_Unit_Cap>
(This changes space population cap for both Skirmish and GC)

<Land_Skirmish_Unit_Cap_By_Player_Count>
</Land_Skirmish_Unit_Cap_By_Player_Count>
(This changes the ground skirmish population cap, specifically, the number on the right in each row is the cap)

For 3)
Basically, use the Snowspeeder coding, but switch the model to that of the X-Wing or TIE Fighter. To make it buildable in skirmish, add the unit to the <Tactical_Buildable_Objects_Multiplayer> pile for the appropriate structure in SpecialStructures.xml.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users