My Support Power Issue

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 SLHomie

SLHomie
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:48 PM

I posted this initially in the "Support Powers" thread created by mike16 but then I thought I'd put it up on it's own...

Hey Guys... before I begin let me just say I have looked in to these links before posting here for help...

http://commandconque...read.php?t=1062
http://forums.revora...mp;#entry573217

Now... let me explain what I'm trying to do...

I duplicated the Bloodhound Support Power code from all these files

GDIPowerStore.xml
SpecialPowerTemplates.xml
PlayerPowerButtonTemplates.xml
PlayerSpellBook.xml
LogicCommand.xml
LogicCommandSet.xml
GDIArmory.xml
ObjectCreationLists.xml

Then renamed their IDs to 'Renegades' where ever I saw BloodHound except for the tags that reffered to images.

Then created these new files below.

GDIMammoth_Veteran.xml
GDIV35Ox_CallSupportRenegades.xml

and Copied over these eisting files as well.

GDIV35Ox_SummonedForVehicle.xml
GDIV35Ox.xml

I'm trying to create a Support Power that brings in 3 Veteran Mammoth Tanks. The support power will be available once the Tech Center is built.

Everything is fine in the Mod.xml file... I've included all those files in it...

Here's the code in each file.

GDIPowerStore.xml
<!--Support Renegades-->			<OCLSpecialPower				id="ModuleTag_CallSupportRenegades"				SpecialPowerTemplate="SpecialPowerCallSupportRenegades"				TriggerFX="FX_GDICallForTransportFlare"				OCL="OCL_CallSupportRenegades"				CreateLocation="CREATE_AT_EDGE_NEAR_SOURCE"			/>

SpecialPowerTemplates.xml
<SpecialPowerTemplate		id="SpecialPowerCallSupportRenegades"		Flags="NOT_CLIFF_CELL IS_PLAYER_POWER NO_FORBIDDEN_OBJECTS SHARED_SYNC"		ReloadTime="300s" 		ForbiddenObjectRange="140"		RadiusCursorRadius="140"		TargetType="LOCATION"		EvaEventToPlayWhenSelectingTarget="SelectSpecialPowerTarget"		Money="-5000"                                InitiateAtLocationSound="GDI_Ox_VoiceReinforcements">		<ForbiddenObjectFilter			Rule="ANY"			Include="STRUCTURE"		/>		<GameDependency>			<RequiredObject>GDIArmory</RequiredObject>		</GameDependency>	</SpecialPowerTemplate>

PlayerPowerButtonTemplates.xml
<TargetedPowerButton			id="SpecialPowerCallSupportRenegades"			RadiusCursor="TargetingDecalBloodhound">			<State			Image="Button_PlayerPowerBloodhounds"			Title="NAME:PlayerPowerBloodhound"			TypeDescription="TYPE:PlayerPowerBloodhound"			Description="DESC:PlayerPowerBloodhound" />	</TargetedPowerButton>
I wanted to get the support power in game before making the string file for it so I just left the tags the same for those...

PlayerSpellBook.xml

<!-- GDI Call Support Renegades -->	<PlayerPowerManager		id="ModuleTag_PlayerPowerManager_CallSupportGDIRenegades"		SpecialPowerTemplate="SpecialPowerCallSupportRenegades"	/>

LogicCommand.xml
<LogicCommand				Type="SPECIAL_POWER"		id="Command_CallSupportRenegades">		<SpecialPower>SpecialPowerCallSupportRenegades</SpecialPower>	</LogicCommand>                <LogicCommand		Options="NEED_TARGET_POS"		Type="SPECIAL_POWER"		id="Command_CommandPostCallRenegades">		<SpecialPower>SpecialPowerCallSupportRenegades</SpecialPower>	</LogicCommand>

LogicCommandSet.xml

I Entered this line of code in the GDIArmoryCommandSet and PlayerSpellBookCommandSet
<Cmd>Command_CommandPostCallRenegades</Cmd>

GDIArmory.xml
<OCLSpecialPower		id="ModuleTag_CallSupportRenegades"		SpecialPowerTemplate="SpecialPowerCallSupportRenegades"		TriggerFX="FX_GDICallForTransportFlare"		OCL="OCL_CallSupportRenegades"		CreateLocation="CREATE_AT_EDGE_NEAR_SOURCE"	/>	<AISpecialPowerUpdate		id="ModuleTag_CommandPostCallRenegadesAI"		CommandButtonName="Command_CommandPostCallRenegades"		ReinforceDistance="400.0"		SpecialPowerRadius="300.0"		SpecialPowerAIType="SPECIAL_POWER_REINFORCEMENT"	/>

ObjectCreationLists.xml
<ObjectCreationList		id="OCL_CallSupportRenegades">		<CreateObject			Options="IGNORE_ALL_OBJECTS DONT_SET_PRODUCER ISSUE_MOVE_AFTER_CREATION MOVE_USES_EVACUATE_AND_EXIT MOVE_TARGET_USES_OFFSET"			Disposition="LIKE_EXISTING">			<Offset				x="42"				y="42"				z="100"></Offset>			<CreateObject>GDIV35Ox_CallSupportRenegades</CreateObject>		</CreateObject>		<CreateObject			Options="IGNORE_ALL_OBJECTS DONT_SET_PRODUCER ISSUE_MOVE_AFTER_CREATION MOVE_USES_EVACUATE_AND_EXIT MOVE_TARGET_USES_OFFSET"			Disposition="LIKE_EXISTING">			<Offset				x="42"				y="-42"				z="100"></Offset>			<CreateObject>GDIV35Ox_CallSupportRenegades</CreateObject>		</CreateObject>		<CreateObject			Options="IGNORE_ALL_OBJECTS DONT_SET_PRODUCER ISSUE_MOVE_AFTER_CREATION MOVE_USES_EVACUATE_AND_EXIT MOVE_TARGET_USES_OFFSET"			Disposition="LIKE_EXISTING">			<Offset				x="90"				y="0"				z="100"></Offset>			<CreateObject>GDIV35Ox_CallSupportRenegades</CreateObject>		</CreateObject>			</ObjectCreationList>

If anyone could help me figured out why it's not showing up when I place the Tech Center down in game... if anyone could tell... that would be much appreciated!!

Cheers!

SLHomie... :thumbsupsmiley:
Posted Image

#2 Golan

Golan
  • Members
  • 120 posts
  •  Off-Duty

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:58 PM

In PlayerPowerButtonTemplates.xml, did you change the ID of the root element?

Posted Image

#3 SLHomie

SLHomie
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:02 PM

<PlayerPowerButtonTemplateStore
id="PlayerPowerButtonTemplateStore">

I left it at that... I didn't change it...

Do I have to?! ;)

If yes... what do I change it to?!

Cheers!

SLHomie...

Edited by SLHomie, 02 June 2008 - 05:05 PM.

Posted Image

#4 SLHomie

SLHomie
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:16 PM

Hey Golan!!... Thanks alot dude!!! I just changed the ending

<PlayerPowerButtonTemplateStore
id="PlayerPowerButtonTemplateStoreNew">

just added "New" at the end of it and now it works... It appears in the game... all I have to do now is to change the art assets for the button... Thanks again!

NOW ... I have a new problem... As I mentioned before it's supposed to give me 3 Veteran Mammoth tanks...

The Mammoth tanks are not Veterans ... I used the GDIPitbull_Veteran.xml and changed everthing to Mammoth instead of Pitbull to create the GDIMammoth_Veteran.xml

Technically it should work provided I included them in the Mod.xml file, which I did...

Any reason why they might not be Veteran... I will post the code in a sec...

Here it is...

GDIMammoth_Veteran.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><AssetDeclaration xmlns="uri:ea.com:eala:asset" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude">	<Tags></Tags>	<Includes>		<Include			type="instance"			source="DATA:GDI/Units/GDIMammoth.xml" />	</Includes>	<GameObject		id="GDIMammoth_Veteran"		EditorName="GDIMammoth_Veteran"		inheritFrom="GDIMammoth">		<EquivalentTo>GDIMammoth</EquivalentTo>		<Behaviors>			<xi:include				href="DATA:Includes/GDICallSupportVeterancy.xml" />			<xi:include				href="DATA:Includes/GDICallSupportVeterancyUpgrade.xml" />		</Behaviors>	</GameObject></AssetDeclaration>

Posted Image

#5 SLHomie

SLHomie
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 05:20 PM

Does anyone have any idea how to fix the Veterancy issue... I've checked my files, I still can't figure out why the Mammoth's aren't veterans when they arrive on the battlefield...

Any suggestions or help is appreciated guys... ;)

Cheers!

SLHomie...
Posted Image

#6 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 03 June 2008 - 06:17 PM

Looks fine to me actually. Maybe you could start debugging by including the code for the level up upgrade (in GDICallSupportVeterancy.xml) directly and see if that changes anything.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#7 SLHomie

SLHomie
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 10:26 PM

I just tried it after you mentioned it... I included both codes from GDICallSupportVeterancy.xml and GDICallSupportVeterancyUpgrade.xml

... still nothing... :p

Thanks for the suggestion though! ;)

Cheers!

SLHomie...
Posted Image

#8 Stygs

Stygs
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:03 AM

Are you sure you updated your OCL so you get the Veteran Mammoths instad of the normal ones?
Would be the only think I can think of :/

#9 SLHomie

SLHomie
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:17 AM

The files that are associated with the GDIMammoth_Veteran.xml are

GDIV35Ox_SummonedForVehicle.xml
GDIV35Ox.xml

these files have been added to the Mod.xml file as well

now the code in each file is as follows:

GDIMammoth_Veteran.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><AssetDeclaration xmlns="uri:ea.com:eala:asset" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude">	<Tags></Tags>	<Includes>		<Include			type="instance"			source="DATA:GDI/Units/GDIMammoth.xml" />	</Includes>	<GameObject		id="GDIMammoth_Veteran"		EditorName="GDIMammoth_Veteran"		inheritFrom="GDIMammoth">		<EquivalentTo>GDIMammoth</EquivalentTo>		<Behaviors>			<xi:include				href="DATA:RusMod/Data/Includes/GDICallSupportVeterancy.xml" />			<xi:include				href="DATA:RusMod/Data/Includes/GDICallSupportVeterancyUpgrade.xml" />				</Behaviors>	</GameObject></AssetDeclaration>

Now in the next file below I reference GDIMammoth_Veteran as the payload of V350x
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="us-ascii"?><AssetDeclaration xmlns="uri:ea.com:eala:asset" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xai="uri:ea.com:eala:asset:instance">	<Tags></Tags>	<Includes>		<Include		                type="instance"			source="GDIV35Ox_SummonedForVehicle.xml"		/>	</Includes>	<GameObject		id="GDIV35Ox_CallSupportRenegades"		inheritFrom="GDIV35Ox_SummonedForVehicle"		EditorName="GDIV35Ox_CallSupportRenegades"		KindOf="CAN_CAST_REFLECTIONS AIRCRAFT TRANSPORT SUMMONED NO_COLLIDE IGNORES_SELECT_ALL"		Description="Desc:GDIOx">		<Behaviors>			<HordeTransportContain				xai:joinAction="Overwrite"				id="ModuleTag_Contain"				ObjectStatusOfContained="UNSELECTABLE"				ContainMax="1"				Slots="1"				AllowEnemiesInside="false"				AllowAlliesInside="false"				AllowNeutralInside="false"				AllowOwnPlayerInsideOverride="true"				ShowPips="true"				EnterSound="VehicleEnter"				ExitSound="VehicleExit"				KillPassengersOnDeath="true"				FlyOffMapOnEmpty="true">				<PassengerFilter					Rule="ANY"					Include="VEHICLE" />				<DieMuxData					DeathTypes="ALL" />				<InitialPayload					Name="<strong class='bbc'>GDIMammoth_Veteran</strong>"					Count="1" />				<PassengerData					BonePrefix="BONEGARRISON">					<Filter						Rule="NONE"						Include="VEHICLE" />				</PassengerData>			</HordeTransportContain>		</Behaviors>	</GameObject></AssetDeclaration>

As for the other two files, the code is unchanged except in GDIV35Ox_SummonedForVehicle.xml I added the bold line below in to the
PassengerFilter...

<PassengerFilter
Rule="NONE">
<IncludeThing>GDIAPC</IncludeThing>
<IncludeThing>GDIPitbull</IncludeThing>
<IncludeThing>GDIPredator</IncludeThing>
<IncludeThing>GDISurveyor</IncludeThing>
<IncludeThing>GDIMammoth</IncludeThing>
</PassengerFilter>

...just following the pattern :shiftee:

As for the OCL file I posted earlier on this thread... somewhere up there *points up*... this is the code I entered...

ObjectCreationLists.xml
OCL_CallSupportRenegades">
<CreateObject
Options="IGNORE_ALL_OBJECTS DONT_SET_PRODUCER ISSUE_MOVE_AFTER_CREATION MOVE_USES_EVACUATE_AND_EXIT MOVE_TARGET_USES_OFFSET"
Disposition="LIKE_EXISTING">
<Offset
x="60"
y="460"
z="100"></Offset>
<CreateObject>GDIV35Ox_CallSupportRenegades</CreateObject>
</CreateObject>
<CreateObject
Options="IGNORE_ALL_OBJECTS DONT_SET_PRODUCER ISSUE_MOVE_AFTER_CREATION MOVE_USES_EVACUATE_AND_EXIT MOVE_TARGET_USES_OFFSET"
<Offset
x="60"
y="-60"
z="100"></Offset>
</CreateObject>
<CreateObject
<Offset
x="120"
y="0"
z="100"></Offset>
</CreateObject>
</ObjectCreationList> _linenums:0'><ObjectCreationList id="<strong class='bbc'>OCL_CallSupportRenegades</strong>"> <CreateObject Options="IGNORE_ALL_OBJECTS DONT_SET_PRODUCER ISSUE_MOVE_AFTER_CREATION MOVE_USES_EVACUATE_AND_EXIT MOVE_TARGET_USES_OFFSET" Disposition="LIKE_EXISTING"> <Offset x="60" y="460" z="100"></Offset> <CreateObject><strong class='bbc'>GDIV35Ox_CallSupportRenegades</strong></CreateObject> </CreateObject> <CreateObject Options="IGNORE_ALL_OBJECTS DONT_SET_PRODUCER ISSUE_MOVE_AFTER_CREATION MOVE_USES_EVACUATE_AND_EXIT MOVE_TARGET_USES_OFFSET" Disposition="LIKE_EXISTING"> <Offset x="60" y="-60" z="100"></Offset> <CreateObject><strong class='bbc'>GDIV35Ox_CallSupportRenegades</strong></CreateObject> </CreateObject> <CreateObject Options="IGNORE_ALL_OBJECTS DONT_SET_PRODUCER ISSUE_MOVE_AFTER_CREATION MOVE_USES_EVACUATE_AND_EXIT MOVE_TARGET_USES_OFFSET" Disposition="LIKE_EXISTING"> <Offset x="120" y="0" z="100"></Offset> <CreateObject><strong class='bbc'>GDIV35Ox_CallSupportRenegades</strong></CreateObject> </CreateObject> </ObjectCreationList>

...The thing is the game is creating the Mammoths but they are just not veterans.

BTW.... I'm completely a noob to modding but I try before asking... soo don't mean to be a bother to you guys at all... the last time I modded something was back on RA2 modded maps... lol ... I sort of know what I'm doing... but some bugs like this can get me stuck for days...

Thanks again for any help you can give me... I've tried everything I know... maybe you guys know what I haven't yet...

Cheers!

SLHomie... :)

Edited by SLHomie, 04 June 2008 - 04:25 AM.

Posted Image

#10 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  •  Thought Police
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:21 AM

And you're sure they don't come as veteran units (as they're not supposed to use elite weapons yet, it's just one rank)?

If not, then it's probably time for step-by-step debugging. You could try to include the following bit of code and then check if they actually come with pre-equipped railguns:
<StatusBitsUpgrade
	id="ModuleTag_UpgradeWeapon"
	xai:joinAction="Replace"
	StatusToSet="WEAPON_UPGRADED_01">
	<TriggeredBy>Upgrade_SelectLoad_01</TriggeredBy>
</StatusBitsUpgrade>
<SubObjectsUpgrade
	id="ModuleTag_ShowRails"
	xai:joinAction="Replace"
	ShowSubObjects="UGRAIL_01 UGRAIL_02">
	<TriggeredBy>Upgrade_SelectLoad_01</TriggeredBy>
</SubObjectsUpgrade>
<GrantUpgradeCreate
	id="ModuleTag_GrantUpgradeRailguns"
	UpgradeToGrant="Upgrade_SelectLoad_01"
/>
(Note: The actual upgrade is not important, I just used a generic object-type upgrade that will not affect anything else).
(Second Note: make sure to include the namespace definition for the xai: prefix at the top of the file [xmlns:xai="uri:ea.com:eala:asset:instance"])

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

#11 SLHomie

SLHomie
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:12 PM

Well the reason I say they don't come as Veteran is due to the fact that I don't see the Stripe on them... you know the upside down V indicating they are veterans, The Pitbulls and APCs are Veterans once they arrive on the battlefield and it is obvious by the Stripe indicating they are Veterans... Or is that whole stripe a visual thing ...?!???

I will give what you said a try and see what happens...

Cheers!

SLHomie...

Add me on PS3 I'm SLHomie on it too lol... Uncharted owner and COD4 owner... Soon to be MGS4 owner! :shiftee:

Edited by SLHomie, 04 June 2008 - 01:27 PM.

Posted Image

#12 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  •  Thought Police
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:40 PM

Well the reason I say they don't come as Veteran is due to the fact that I don't see the Stripe on them... you know the upside down V indicating they are veterans, The Pitbulls and APCs are Veterans once they arrive on the battlefield and it is obvious by the Stripe indicating they are Veterans... Or is that whole stripe a visual thing ...?!???

Actually it is just a visual thing but they should have it nonetheless. I just wanted to be sure we're speaking of the same "veterancy" here :evgr:

Add me on PS3 I'm SLHomie on it too lol... Uncharted owner and COD4 owner... Soon to be MGS4 owner! :shiftee:

I've never played online so far... probably I should check it out some time :)

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

#13 SLHomie

SLHomie
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:42 PM

K I tried what you said and that works just fine... They have the Railgun uograde as they come...

Now... I decided to upgrade them to heroic and see what happens... They are not upgrading cause the Mammoths fire regular Railgun rounds and not the heroic ones...

:shiftee:

Cheers!

SLHomie...

Oh come on You gotta play online... It's amazing... COD4 online is just freaking crazy!!!!

Edited by SLHomie, 04 June 2008 - 01:43 PM.

Posted Image

#14 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  •  Thought Police
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:17 PM

Good, that proves that you do get the right objects and they're able to receive and use upgrades.

Hmm, suddenly I'm having a very stupid thought... did you include the new object as a target in experiencelevels.xml? I suspect not... :shiftee:

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

#15 SLHomie

SLHomie
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 03:16 PM

:blush: ... you're right... I didn't...

In my defence, I didn't even know such a file existed until you just mentioned it...

Thanks alot bro! :)

It works fine now...

Now I have to change the button icon... gonna go follow the SampleMod's way of adding them in ... if it doesn't work ... I'll be back!! :evgr:

Cheers! :shiftee:

SLHomie...
Posted Image

#16 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  •  Thought Police
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 04 June 2008 - 03:18 PM

No problem dude, it's our fault, we should've all thought of that. Afterall, we're the more experienced ones. I'm glad to see some real modding talent once again though :shiftee:

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

#17 SLHomie

SLHomie
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:48 PM

Dude... I'm just fooling around and making changes to things to make it more interesting for me and 4 of my friends...

We have gotten tired of the online experience, so we battle it out over LAN ... well VLAN... using Hamachi...

This will keep me occupied until the Patch for KW comes out! :shiftee:

Thanks for your help again!...

Cheers!

SLHomie...
Posted Image

#18 SLHomie

SLHomie
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:23 PM

Hey Guys... I have everything working with this Support power and I appreicate the help you guys gave me!

I just can't seem to leave it alone and now I decided to change the Trageting Cursor for the support power...

I have the Button image up and working just fine...

here's an example of it...

Posted Image

Now I want to create and change the Targeting Cursor, currently I have the Bloodhound targeting crusor... Does anyone know what is needed for it... for starters it has to have Transparencies... it has to be a Targa file format... What else?!

Has anyone changed a Targetting Cursor before? ... if so... can you help me with this...?

Cheers!

SLHomie... :)

Edited by SLHomie, 05 June 2008 - 10:23 PM.

Posted Image

#19 SLHomie

SLHomie
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 03:49 PM

There are soo many views, but i haven't gotten are response for my previous post... can anyone give me a hand with it...

Thanks guys!

Cheers!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users