In which order do I download WotE?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sir Takamahri

Sir Takamahri
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 12:09 AM

I can't figure out if I just have to download 3.2 to play or do I have to download other betas that came before? This is really confusing.
Some help would be greatly appreciated.
P.S. I read around a bit, and I have come to the conclusion that the old mod leader was IthronAiwendil and he retired and Kyross came and replaced him. Am I right?

Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me!
A day may come when the courage of men fails; when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship; but it is not this day. An hour of wars and shattered shields when the age of men comes crashing down; but it is not this day! This day we fight!
By all that you hold dear, on this good earth; I bid you stand! Men of the West!

-Aragorn, at the Black Gate T.A. 3019.

#2 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  • Projects:Wars of the East mod
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:39 AM

Wars of the East version 3.2 does NOT require previous versions to be playable. If you can't play it, feel free to PM lycan or IthronAiwendil for technical help, or send a post to this topic:

http://forums.revora...showtopic=56572

And yup, your conclusion is correct. IthronAiwendil basically retired from modding after releasing Beta 3.1 (he's still around to answer technical questions and help the rest of the gang with some concept). Not much after that, Kyross volunteered to fix the bugs still found in Beta 3.1, and maybe even further expand it. We gave him a chance, and so Beta 3.2 was born. Right now, we work on a 4th Beta.
Posted Image
---
"Well, I can't argue with that - modding IS hard. But what would have become of games like Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Dungeon Siege, Half-Life 1-2, Neverwinter Nights and BfME 1-2 if we, modders, weren't there ? They would have long been forgotten. Modding is hard, but it's an honorable thing." - MorrisB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users