Installation problems

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Dark-lord-Tundra (DLT)_*

Guest_Dark-lord-Tundra (DLT)_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:24 PM

I downloaded the Wars of the East Mod. I read though the README and did everything it told me to. However when i load the game, not only does the Icon not show a helmet (it's a white sheet of paper), it also dosent load the mod. I checked in the skirmish and the goblins were still avalible and other heros where not there. I also must mention that i couldn't find the [Username] Folder or the Rise of the witch king folder. Because of that I created them myself.

:mellow:

#2 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  • Projects:Wars of the East mod
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:57 AM

Sounds weird... anyway, I suggest you to either send a PM to IthronAiwendil or post your problem (with all neccesary details) to the following topic:

http://forums.revora...showtopic=56572
Posted Image
---
"Well, I can't argue with that - modding IS hard. But what would have become of games like Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Dungeon Siege, Half-Life 1-2, Neverwinter Nights and BfME 1-2 if we, modders, weren't there ? They would have long been forgotten. Modding is hard, but it's an honorable thing." - MorrisB

#3 Guest_Tomzter08_*

Guest_Tomzter08_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:11 AM

Hello my name is tommy
aka MOD Lover
i just wanted to report a problem
WotE Evil men worked for me once and then i installed an Istari MOD (different one)
And when i launched WotE it said:

unknown EVA event in EVA:SwampComplete

Error parsing field 'VoiceFullyCreated' in block 'Object' in file
'data\ini\object\evilfaction\structures\angmar\angmarmewlipswamp.ini, line 157. ( Mewlip swamp bit i cannot find )
Error parsing INI block ' VoiceFullyCreated' in file
'data\ini\object\evilfaction\structures\angmar\angmarmewlipswamp.ini'.
5 adresses:
(unknown)(0): game.dat+240382 Debug::PostStaticInit+3390
(unknown)(0): game.dat+2347216 intRange::IntRange+93886
(unknown)(0): game.dat+2377423 IntRange::IntRange+1240093
(unknown)(0): game.dat+6542103 Xfer::~Xfer+118430
(unknown)(0): Kernel32.dll+94167 RegisterWaitForImputIdle+73

Because of the servierty of this error this Game will now exit

Can someone help me please, i miss this MOD.

#4 andrej

andrej
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:08 PM

do u have patch ? if not download

Edited by andrej, 29 July 2008 - 12:10 PM.

“On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.” Ayrton Senna

#5 Guest_Tomzter08_*

Guest_Tomzter08_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:36 PM

Got patch 2.01
Still same

#6 Guest_Tomzter08_*

Guest_Tomzter08_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:56 PM

Got patch 2.01
Still same

it is soo annoying
i don't think ill be able to get it working again
ill be happy to take any ideas

#7 Guest_Tomzter08_*

Guest_Tomzter08_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2008 - 09:17 AM

ITS STILL THE SAME

#8 Guest_eyebite22_*

Guest_eyebite22_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:02 PM

Was trying to install. Wondering where to put files if you have vista. Do you put the .big file and the .ico file in the roaming folder cause it won't work for me but I have it patched and all and some error message keeps popping up about the swamp. Can u help me?

#9 Racoon

Racoon
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 04:18 AM

That happened to me as well, im stickin to the first version for now though.

#10 Kyross

Kyross
  • Hosted
  • 190 posts
  • Projects:WotE

Posted 02 September 2008 - 06:39 PM

Tommylover: no fucking idea. Did you decompile the files and try to edit anything yourself? The mewlip swamp may just be the first of a list of error messages, none of which appear for me(the msot experimental and unstable version of the game) or anyone else.

Eyebite: I haven't used vista yet, i'm getting it for my new machine but I would have assumed you put them in the same place. Wherever it drops your 'Rise of etc. files' folder, likely in an Application Data sort of directory should be where you put the .big file. Don't worry so much about the .ico.
Posted Image <-- Actually more like coder/mapper/modeller, but there's no bar for that.

#11 Miku

Miku
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 05:39 PM

Tommylover: no fucking idea. Did you decompile the files and try to edit anything yourself? The mewlip swamp may just be the first of a list of error messages, none of which appear for me(the msot experimental and unstable version of the game) or anyone else.

Eyebite: I haven't used vista yet, i'm getting it for my new machine but I would have assumed you put them in the same place. Wherever it drops your 'Rise of etc. files' folder, likely in an Application Data sort of directory should be where you put the .big file. Don't worry so much about the .ico.

The folder with vista is located:
C:/users/[username]/appdata/roaming/my the lord of the rings, the rise of the witch-king files
It works for me as I have vista. If it just won't work, download it again. I once extracted it wrong (left 1kb from last file unextracted of some reason) and it didn't work because of that. I downloaded again and it worked.
Son of Thunder, Lighting Strikes, Son of Thunder.
Son of Thunder, Thor Arise, Son of Thunder.
Son of Odin. Thundergod.
Master of War. Asator!

#12 Hasfusel

Hasfusel

title available

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 09:29 AM

I had the same problem as Tommy, except rather than talking about Mewlips it said something about requiring a + or a - for identifcation, or something, and finding CRIPPLE_STRIKE_FILTER or something instead. Bugger.
Anyone know what to do?

(all I did was follow the Readme instructions, nothing else)

Edited by Hasfusel, 14 September 2008 - 09:30 AM.

#13 Kyross

Kyross
  • Hosted
  • 190 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:23 PM

I got an idea...Is your bfme2/rotwk both updated to the latest patch? (2.01 for rotwk I beleive).
Posted Image <-- Actually more like coder/mapper/modeller, but there's no bar for that.

#14 Hasfusel

Hasfusel

title available

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 11:43 AM

In a word, yes.

#15 Kyross

Kyross
  • Hosted
  • 190 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 02:13 PM

How do you mean in a word? If it isn't, update and try again.

#16 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2008 - 11:01 PM

The folder with vista is located:
C:/users/[username]/appdata/roaming/my the lord of the rings, the rise of the witch-king files
It works for me as I have vista. If it just won't work, download it again. I once extracted it wrong (left 1kb from last file unextracted of some reason) and it didn't work because of that. I downloaded again and it worked.

Yeah i found C:/users/[username]/appdata/roaming/my the lord of the rings, the rise of the witch-king files
So what i do now?

#17 xno The Black

xno The Black

Xno The Black

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Projects:Cheering up Wars of the East mod & RJ ROTWK
  •  The Second Founder

Posted 16 October 2008 - 01:45 AM

Well, I don't have WotE now, so I'm trying to redownload it again. And I've got a problem with filefront again.
Can anyone upload it with other locations beside filefront? That would be very much appreciated.

@Guest, I don't use vista and don't know much about it, but...
1. Download the MOD, Version 3.2 is the latest one

http://forums.revora...showtopic=59841

2. After finish downloading, you will get a zip called wotebeta32bugfixed.zip
Can you tell me what you've got in that zip (wotebeta32bugfixed.zip)

As I can remember there should be a .big file, readme and a shortcut.
1.Extract the .big file to C:/users/[username]/appdata/roaming/my the lord of the rings, the rise of the witch-king files (As you use vista)
2.Extract the shortcut to your desktop, then right click on it and click "Properties"
3.You'll see "Target" and "Start In" These two parts must be corrected as you use vista, you need to ask someone who use vista.

While waiting for a better answer, try to read the readme and understand it, it might be different as you use vista.

P.S. You might be a bit confused, I'm a foreigner who has just woken up.

Edited by xno The Black, 16 October 2008 - 01:51 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Everything is fortunated and many paths have been given.
To Choose or To be Chosen, you decide - Fëanáro Nénmacil

I'm currently looking for my BEST friend. We haven't contacted each other since I was a little boy.

#18 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2008 - 01:55 AM

ok

#19 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2008 - 02:04 AM

1st i download the new version
2nd inside theres a icon, WotEBeta32BugFixed.big, and the shortcut
Target: "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king\lotrbfme2ep1.exe" -mod WotEBeta3BugFixed.big
Start in:"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king"

#20 xno The Black

xno The Black

Xno The Black

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Projects:Cheering up Wars of the East mod & RJ ROTWK
  •  The Second Founder

Posted 16 October 2008 - 04:29 AM

In your "Target" >>> "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king\lotrbfme2ep1.exe" -mod WotEBeta3BugFixed.big

In this part >>> -mod WotEBeta3BugFixed.big
That was for beta 3.1, but the one that you downloaded was beta 3.2 .

Try Changing it to -mod WotEBeta32BugFixed.big

Edited by xno The Black, 16 October 2008 - 04:44 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Everything is fortunated and many paths have been given.
To Choose or To be Chosen, you decide - Fëanáro Nénmacil

I'm currently looking for my BEST friend. We haven't contacted each other since I was a little boy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users