UAW Patch 3 is available!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:29 PM

It's been a while since people started to become able to download the third patch for Universe at War. The means to download it are still obscure. If you tried Live, like I did, it is really a tough mission. I wasn't lucky to download it with it. After some minutes, the game exited abnormally with no warning whatsoever. LIVE is a plague, isn't it? If you did a fresh install of the game, you must have the patch by now. If you didn't, download it from this link and run it.

The third patch is faster for those who have multi core machines. There are many ballance changes and you can play against the lame and n00b XBox360 players if you have a gold (*cough* paid *cough*) LIVE account. Apparently, regardless of all efforts from Petroglyph to make the game easier to console players, PC players still have many advantages over them, specially when dealing with unit groups (numbering them, etc). The mouse is much quicker, efficient and flexible than a joystick analog pad, let's be honest. The full patch change list is located HERE.

Finally, remember, download the patch HERE. The fan opinions on this patch are quite mixed. Users reported a faster game, but there are still a lot of bugs to be fixed in upcoming patches. Some other users reported additional multiplayer sync issues with the game... probably because of the multi-core thing, which considerably increases the complexity of the multiplayer. I'm sure Petroglyph is already working in a newer patch for the game.
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#2 Guest_Killerghost64_*

Guest_Killerghost64_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2008 - 10:55 PM

Hey man you are right the pc players have a lot of more advantage than the xbox players.

Live to the PC PLAYERS ;)

#3 Guest_silentsniper_*

Guest_silentsniper_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:54 AM

actually the xbox you dont have to have a gold account to play on live for this game, shadowrun, and lost planet. :)

#4 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:36 AM

Yea, I know. Microsoft made LIVE free in the end of july (after my news post above :thumbsupsmiley:)
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users