Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:41 AM

"See our four brave troopers go on their merry way, young Chez," said Mac, rambling aimlessly as he tried to cheer up the near-panic-stricken youth. "While we stay here, living the good life, eating all the pies." He took a bite from said pie, and smiled, relaxing and putting his feet up on the table. He looked about to continue talking when a loudspeaker sounded.

"Come out with your hands up," it ordered. Mac was so shocked he dropped his pie.

"What do we do?" asked Warind, a touch nervously. Not that illegality, as such, concerned him. More the thought of the imminent imprisonment should they be caught and confined, Mac assumed. The pilot stood up and darted off to the cockpit. He opened the radio, set it the outside speakers and replied.

"What seems to be the problem, officer?" he asked, in good, old-fashioned, I'm-a-good-guy-really style.

"Come out with your hands up," it ordered again. Mac shut off the link and traipsed back down to the kitchen.

"Out we go, lads. We're nicked, I believe. And then we're royally screwed."

"So what's the problem, officer?" asked Mac, as the ramp lowered and he stepped forward, hands held high.

"You're parked across twelve bays, sir," said the official. Mac looked around. Icarus's bulk did indeed sit across twelve lined and clearly demarcated parking spaces.

"Oh," was all Mac could think of to say.

"I'm going to need to take you down to the station to issue you with the proper fine. All three of you will have to come with me."

"Why all three? Wouldn't you only need one of us? This one's the pilot, take him," added Mac, pushing Chez forward.

"Hey, what?"

"Hands up, I said!" shouted the officer, drawing his weapon.

"Fucking gung-ho cops these days," muttered Mac. "Alright, we're coming." Wolffy isn't going to like this...

((So yeah, FZM, ok and SWG, this is your bit. FZM, you remember what we said, have fun :p))
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#2 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:12 AM

Chez sat back
thank god, he thought to himself. He felt much better knowing he wouldn't be part of the attacking group. the truth was, he was rather a softy at heart, and although he braved the wilderness, and had witnessed death, he had never actually killed anyone in his entire life. He wasn't to happy about the thought of breaking in and shooting people dead. but that was all ok now. Sitting back, stretching, he decided to try started up a conversation,
"sooo... how about these core worlds? you'd think they would have better security..."

((edit: but it makes no sense here now... can you put it back? or atleast put in in befor your post somehow?

also, i object to the term 'near-panic-stricken' as my guy isn't panic stricken at all, he is just glad, and was feeling a bit nervious about the who thing... nothing like panic

you're making him seem less cool by saying that.... :crazed:))

Edited by some_wierdGuy, 19 June 2008 - 05:48 AM.
Moved because this is the bit you're supposed to be posting in at the moment.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 ok123456

ok123456
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:03 PM

It was not the illegality that was worrying Warind or even hugely the fact that he could go to prison. If the police found any of his experiments they would touch them, unsettling equipment and destroying hours of work. This would not do.

The horrifying thought of his work being destroyed prompted Warind to not kick up a fuss or argue with the police at all. If they were uncompliant it was more likely that the police would try to make trouble for them, and all though it was not his primary concern prison would mean he would lose lots of time on his experiments, and some of them would need feeding when he was away.

Quietly and with the minimum of fuss Warind got into the police car and let them cart him off to the police station where they could deal with the fine. It was only when he was in the car that it struck him how impressive it was parking over 12 spaces.

#4 Fire Ze Missiles!

Fire Ze Missiles!

Lord High NukeMaster

• Members
  • 1,200 posts
  • Projects:The Ziggurat generally, Apocalypse in particular.
  •  Refuses to be beaten by Vortigern.

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:37 AM

An hour or so later, the three men were sat in a cell in the local police station while the officer's out front sorted out the paperwork. Which, Mac had noted, appeared to involve frequent trips to the coffee machine at the top of this corridor.
Leaning back against the cold stone wall he looked over at his companions. Both looked as worried as he was, although Mac was of the opinion that he was hiding it better, which may or may not have been true.
"OK guys," he said, leaning forward as they glanced up at him, "it's a good job they're so bumbling with the paperwork here or we'd be in much deeper shit than we currently are. However, I have a feeling they're gonna find something about the Icarus sooner or later, so I think it would be a good idea to get the hell outta here before we get transferred to maximum security."
Mac found the idea of them actually being transferred to maximum security for carrying illicit goods quite ridiculous, but he wanted them scared so that they would agree. Fortunately, it appeared that they did as Chez nodded slowly.
"But what'll we do if we get out and they're chasing us and Wolff and the others aren't back yet?" he asked.
Mac paused, and considered this. They could just fly around for a while and pick them up, he supposed. He wasn't worried about the proficiency of his evasion tactics, but he didn't want to use any more precious fuel than strictly necessary. 'Nah,' he thought, 'that would never work...'
"A good question. A good question indeed. Er. Yes. Hmm. Well, moving on, we ought to escape." he concluded, nodding encouragingly.
'Not the best question dodge I've ever performed, but I guess it'll do.'

Edited by Fire Ze Missiles!, 19 June 2008 - 11:39 AM.

Of course I don't look busy; I did it right the first time.
Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
FZM and Vort don't do tag wrestling...but if they did, they'd probably be the worst tag-wrestlers in the world.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Oh for fuck's sake!

#5 ok123456

ok123456
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 04:59 PM

Mac had just about performed the worst question job since the colonisation of Prometheus. It was not subtle, intelligent, or even disguised as something else. Normally Warind would have kicked up a fuss and demanded that he answer although he realised that if they were caught trying to escape they would be in the same situation they currently were in, they would have just accelerated the achievement of a forgone conclusion.

Warind reached into his coat pocket and rummaged around, there was the usual assortment of items found in any mad scientists pocket; a scalpel, a blunted pencil, crumpled up notes with mad formulas that few other people on the planet he was currently on could understand, a few chunks of meat that gave of a curious odour, sachets of various coloured powders and what Warind was looking for; a hypodermic syringe filled with a pale yellow, slightly opaque liquid. It was a very strong tranquillizer that was often necessary for Warind to use on his experiments or to obtain food for them.

"Mac, if we are going to escape this should take care of a few people. The entire dose is enough to knock out the whole of Icarus's crew for a weekend but if we administer it in small quantities to guards they are not going to trouble us."

Edited by Fire Ze Missiles!, 19 June 2008 - 06:09 PM.
Dude, seriously, you don't need to bold speech! :P

#6 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:39 AM

((first off, are we in separate cells, or the same cell? im guessing separate, but if not, i can edit))
It had been a moderately terrible dodge, but chez let it go. We will cross that bridge when we get to it i guess...

Chez had been feeling so useless recently, but after hearing warind an idea sparked into his head.
"hey, pass it here, i have an idea..." chez prayed that this would work, it also was a lot easier to justify this in his head, as nobody was going to die from his actions.

he walked across to the bars, reaching over to take the sedative.
"now, play along..." he whispered. Yanking at Warind's arms, he pulled the poor man against the bars, to crash in.
"You bastard, this is all your fault!" For a second the man was a bit shocked, but cottoned on quickly.
"uh..oh, MY fault is it!? you're the one who got us into this mess, not me!" now they were both grabbing at each other, false punches flying.

the police looked up
'oi! stop that! cut it out!" but they kept going, yelling at the top of their lungs now, and, to the eyes of the police, getting more violent.

finally one of the officers came in, trying to subdue Chez, but he didn't make his move yet, he shoved away the officer, before going back at Warind. Two more officers moved to help, and thats when chez made his move. he stabbed the syringe into the first, the man went limp quickly, and Chez threw him into the arms of the other officers. he then leaped forward, getting another with the sedative, the third went to grab his gun, but chez was on him. unfortunately, the scuffle had caught the attention of the other guards. chez quickly raced out, grabbing the keys and unlocking his two ship-mates... they then ran for it.

((sorry if this is to much god modding, or if you had something else planned, or whatever?, i'll edit if its not ok))

((EDIT: Yeah, that's fine, you're allowed a bit of godmodding if it helps the story move along. Now you all get to run around like headless chickens for a bit while we go and shoot things. See you all soon *waves*))

Edited by Vortigern, 20 June 2008 - 09:39 AM.
Atrocious spelling :p

Posted Image

#7 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:14 AM

((OK, it's about time you lot started busting out properly. We're nearly there, so, yeah, set to it. Feel free to panic and/or confidently stroll out having shot everyone. Whatever suits your fancy.))
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#8 Fire Ze Missiles!

Fire Ze Missiles!

Lord High NukeMaster

• Members
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 06:59 PM

"Quick lads, duck and cover!" shouted Mac as the group dived around the corner.
"Good work Chez." he commented, clapping him on the shoulder, "Now let's find some guns."
The armoury and confiscation lockers were conveniently located at the end of the corridor, and Mac and gang charged into it before the officers on desk duty could organise themselves and round the corner. Thus it was that moments later they reappeared outside their now empty cells, slinging enough guns to arm a cavalry regiment.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
FZM and Vort don't do tag wrestling...but if they did, they'd probably be the worst tag-wrestlers in the world.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Oh for fuck's sake!

#9 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:10 AM

Chez felt good about himself... well he did, till it came to the guns, he hadn't realized this at the time, but there might actually be blood shed after all. That made him feel uneasy... but he pushed those feelings aside
Stop being so sensitive!... these are tough times for you. Not like you would be doing any better had you stayed behind. And so he locked and loaded, ready to move out.
"lets go" he said, and they began to make their way out...

Posted Image

#10 Fire Ze Missiles!

Fire Ze Missiles!

Lord High NukeMaster

• Members
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:05 AM

Striding down the corridor, Mac kept a pistol trained on each of the officers at the desk. Each was armed with only a taser, and they looked at each other nervously.
"Guns on the floor please," Mac ordered, "We're armed and dangerous!"
Warind, at this point, succeeded in tripping over one of the already unconscious officers and dropping one of his guns. Mac looked at him, then back at the officers.
"Well, we're armed anyway. Kick 'em over here if you would."
Grudgingly, the policemen obeyed and, hands pressed behind their heads, retreated to a side wall.
"Mac aimed a grin at his compadrés. "See?" he said jokingly, "It ain't all that hard is it? Righty then, lets get us out of here."
Pulling the nearest officer round, he aimed a gun at the man's temple and abruptly demanded which way was out. The man stammered something, then pointed vaguely in the direction of the facing wall, which, in a rather spectacular and unexpected shower of dust and plaster, exploded.
Immediately, six guns bristled and various clicks could be heard. Mac knew that whoever was on the other side of the smoke cloud would be doing just as he was - peering in for the first glance of the enemy. Straining his eyes, he eventually managed to make out something, a vague inconsistency...yes, man-shaped. A hazy outline formed, and Mac aimed for the forehead...
Then lowered his pistol.
"Oh," he announced, "It's you."
Posted ImagePosted Image
Oh for fuck's sake!

#11 ok123456

ok123456
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:53 PM

((OOC: would reply to that but... guessing someone has an idea for the plot that i could ruin a little by doing so))

#12 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 06:38 AM

Chez let out his breath,
"oh, thank god... you lot scared the b'jesus outta me" he lowered his gun, then coughed as the dust caught in his throat...

Posted Image

#13 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 07:22 AM

"What are you doing getting yourselves locked up like this anyway?" demanded Wolff. "We nearly had the perfect job going here, and then you got taken down. What was it for, disturbing the peace?"

"Parking ticket, actually," replied Mac, his face deadly serious. Wolff shook his head.

"Let's get back to Icarus, anyway. We've got to get out of here now without being spotted and pulled in. Best behaviour lads." Mac raised a cocky arm in jovial salute to the two policemen as he sauntered out of the station.

#14 Paladin58

Paladin58

I lurk moar...

• Project Team
  • 2,384 posts
  •  Drifting Gun-Toting Liberal, Forum Lurker

Posted 27 June 2008 - 05:47 PM

As the 'merry men' strode back to the ship, Titus decided to initiate a bit of conversation, hating to let a good time to bond as this get thrown away.

"So... How much is this rock worth, cap'n? Any clue, or are we running by word on its value?" he inquired, all the while his "IT'S A TRAP!" mental alarm starting to go off when he heard movements as they got closer to the ship's initial resting place. "Wait, hold up. I think we're walking into an ambush here, cap."

(OOC: Sorry if you wanted this to be over quick; I just figured that since it's a core world, we've had it way too easy so far. :) )

Edited by Nology5890, 27 June 2008 - 05:49 PM.

OLD SIG
When history witnesses a great change Razgriz reveals itself,
first as a dark demon. As a demon it uses it power to rain death upon the land,
and then it dies. However after a period of slumber Razgriz returns
As the demon sleeps, man turns on man.
Its own blood, and madness soon cover the earth.
From the depths of despair awaken the Razgriz.
Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light.
Amidst the eternal waves of time
From a ripple of change shall the storm rise
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath
The demon soars through the dark skies
Fear and Death trail its shadow beneath
Until Men united wield a hallowed sabre
In Final Reckoning, the beast is slain.
Razgriz intrerpretation

Posted Image <-This stays up there for you, buddy!

#15 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:32 PM

((Actually I was intending us to get off the surface of the planet before the next bit, but whatever, this way works too :) Back to Chapter One for the next post, then.))

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users