REL- Phoenix Rising Enhanced Ship Pack

91 replies to this topic

#41 anakinskysolo

anakinskysolo

Phoenix Rising Fan

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 02:46 AM

Well, remember I still have to make the Bothan Assault Cruiser upgrades... About the scale factor, isn't there any other way that is more accurate? I don't want to put random values, start the game each time I change it and see if it is more or less good-looking.

#42 TheEmpire

TheEmpire

Privite Perkins

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 05:26 PM

Not that I know of.
"Just once, I'd like to destroy a starship that we didn't pay for!"
"Welcome to the jolly old death star."
"Vader gets the plesure of killing someone while we get to stay among the living. Private Perkins overhere has been stranged over 30 times haven't you Perkins." "Good man."

#43 Kaleb Graff

Kaleb Graff

title available

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 08:17 PM

BAC might be a counter to the B2. What I really want is a Nebula-class. That would solve the Rebel capital imbalance. Does anyone know of a model?

#44 keraunos

keraunos

Dominus et Deuculus

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 08:38 PM

Aren't the rebels supposed to be weaker in capitals, but stronger in fighters?

#45 Kaleb Graff

Kaleb Graff

title available

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 08:43 PM

Aren't the rebels supposed to be weaker in capitals, but stronger in fighters?

They are, but at this point, it's kind of ridiculous how weak they are.

#46 anakinskysolo

anakinskysolo

Phoenix Rising Fan

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 11:46 PM

BAC might be a counter to the B2. What I really want is a Nebula-class. That would solve the Rebel capital imbalance. Does anyone know of a model?

I have it, but I have to transform the .obj file from EvilleJedi's pack to .alo, and I have some problems with 3ds Max on my computer because of Vista. Anyway, the Nebula would have almost the same characteristics of the Republic Star Destroyer. I would prefer the MC90, which I'm already working on. Another alternative is the Lucrehulk. I'm doing both of them, and them I'll do the Harrow Star Destroyer to compensate for the Imperials, based on the stats of the Fleet Junkies ship compendium.

EDIT: Well, I fixed all the little things that were malfunctioning in the Bothan Assault Cruiser, except one: the texture. For some reason, when you take the cruiser into battle, it appears as a green shadow. Strange, because when you see it with the .alo viewer it looks perfect. The only reason that occurs to me is that I had to add a shader in the shaders folder and it is not properly added into the game. Oh, and I have another problem, but it is less important: I don't know how to make the icon of the ship appear in the correct place in the bar in such a way that the prices go from bigger to smaller.

Edited by anakinskysolo, 24 July 2008 - 01:20 AM.

#47 TheEmpire

TheEmpire

Privite Perkins

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 02:36 PM

Well now I have to work on a adding Text to the B2. Then on to a new class ship.
"Vader gets the plesure of killing someone while we get to stay among the living. Private Perkins overhere has been stranged over 30 times haven't you Perkins." "Good man."

#48 Kaleb Graff

Kaleb Graff

title available

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 04:58 PM

I have it, but I have to transform the .obj file from EvilleJedi's pack to .alo, and I have some problems with 3ds Max on my computer because of Vista. Anyway, the Nebula would have almost the same characteristics of the Republic Star Destroyer. I would prefer the MC90, which I'm already working on. Another alternative is the Lucrehulk. I'm doing both of them, and them I'll do the Harrow Star Destroyer to compensate for the Imperials, based on the stats of the Fleet Junkies ship compendium.

EDIT: Well, I fixed all the little things that were malfunctioning in the Bothan Assault Cruiser, except one: the texture. For some reason, when you take the cruiser into battle, it appears as a green shadow. Strange, because when you see it with the .alo viewer it looks perfect. The only reason that occurs to me is that I had to add a shader in the shaders folder and it is not properly added into the game. Oh, and I have another problem, but it is less important: I don't know how to make the icon of the ship appear in the correct place in the bar in such a way that the prices go from bigger to smaller.

The Nebula and Republic are not the same. The Nebula is definitely a Capital, not a Destroyer, and is more powerful then an impstar. I don't really hold the MC 90 in high regard (I used to run starship battles in the RPG, which is where my info comes from) And I think the GUI tags control placement.

Well now I have to work on a adding Text to the B2. Then on to a new class ship.

Which one?

#49 anakinskysolo

anakinskysolo

Phoenix Rising Fan

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 07:20 PM

You are wrong, Kaleb, the only difference between a Republic Star Destroyer and a Nebula Star Destroyer is that the Nebula has 8 missile tubes and the Republic doesn't, apart from having heavier shielding, but this is somehow balanced because the Republic has one more squadron of starfighters. Overall, the Nebula may be a bit more powerful than the Republic, but nothing very significant. I don't say that it wouldn't make a good addition to the mod, but there are other ships, like the Clone Wars Lucrehulk, that are more powerful than the Nebula and would help more than it in balancing a little the power of the Rebellion and the Empire.

#50 TheEmpire

TheEmpire

Privite Perkins

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 08:47 PM

Not really sure yet. Any suggestions?

#51 anakinskysolo

anakinskysolo

Phoenix Rising Fan

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:12 AM

I believe the Majestic Heavy Cruiser would be good. Anyway, maybe you can help me fix the BAC, if you have time, because Kaleb appears to be busy. Its just the texture, as I said before.

#52 Tropical Bob

Tropical Bob

title available

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:48 AM

UEaW has a model of the Nebula-class. Perhaps you can talk to them about getting it?

#53 TheEmpire

TheEmpire

Privite Perkins

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:19 PM

Ok I can help. Just send the files to me. Zipped not with rar.
UEAW good idea. I have no idea who to ask though.

Edited by TheEmpire, 25 July 2008 - 03:20 PM.

#54 Tropical Bob

Tropical Bob

title available

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:30 PM

Uhhhh...I don't know if there's someone specific who'd have to give you permission, but I can give you the names of a couple of the project leads. Don't know their e-mails. I could PM them for you if you wanted.

Doro, Lt. Commander Chris, Solar, kyle katarn (who actually has an account on these forums)

#55 Kaleb Graff

Kaleb Graff

title available

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:16 AM

You are wrong, Kaleb, the only difference between a Republic Star Destroyer and a Nebula Star Destroyer is that the Nebula has 8 missile tubes and the Republic doesn't, apart from having heavier shielding, but this is somehow balanced because the Republic has one more squadron of starfighters. Overall, the Nebula may be a bit more powerful than the Republic, but nothing very significant. I don't say that it wouldn't make a good addition to the mod, but there are other ships, like the Clone Wars Lucrehulk, that are more powerful than the Nebula and would help more than it in balancing a little the power of the Rebellion and the Empire.

Maybe so. But that should make coding easy. Still, those tubes make a lot of difference. I would have the Nebula as the ultimate capital.

I believe the Majestic Heavy Cruiser would be good. Anyway, maybe you can help me fix the BAC, if you have time, because Kaleb appears to be busy. Its just the texture, as I said before.

Majestic would be good too. Anti-impstar unit.

#56 Tropical Bob

Tropical Bob

title available

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:34 AM

The Nebula-class could be a ship that's shunted into the earlier idea of upgrading ship classes once a certain point is reached. Once the Republic-class tree is finished, there's a research upgrade to remove the Republic-class and start the Nebula-class tree. Kind of like what the Nebulon B2 was originally discussed as, if I remember correctly.

Or perhaps it could be half-way through, where the player has the choice to continue the Republic-class tree to the end, or move on to the Nebula-class? Either decision would remove the other class entirely from the build bar, which would save space otherwise cluttered (In the current version of PR of course) by having both.

#57 anakinskysolo

anakinskysolo

Phoenix Rising Fan

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 02:23 AM

Excellent idea. If someone tells me what I'm doing wrong with the textures, I volunteer for making the Nebula.

#58 Kaleb Graff

Kaleb Graff

title available

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:48 PM

The Nebula-class could be a ship that's shunted into the earlier idea of upgrading ship classes once a certain point is reached. Once the Republic-class tree is finished, there's a research upgrade to remove the Republic-class and start the Nebula-class tree. Kind of like what the Nebulon B2 was originally discussed as, if I remember correctly.

Or perhaps it could be half-way through, where the player has the choice to continue the Republic-class tree to the end, or move on to the Nebula-class? Either decision would remove the other class entirely from the build bar, which would save space otherwise cluttered (In the current version of PR of course) by having both.

Maybe we could just replace the Republic III and IV with Nebula I and II, but I still go for it being a separate capital. Those tubes will make a big difference in battle., as they are equal to the heavy turbolasers in damage.

Excellent idea. If someone tells me what I'm doing wrong with the textures, I volunteer for making the Nebula.

I'll do it if I can get the model.

#59 TheEmpire

TheEmpire

Privite Perkins

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:22 PM

The problem is that I have looked at everything and it seems like you are doing everything right. I have hunch though so if I can get another texture file it should work.

#60 Tropical Bob

Tropical Bob

title available

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:32 PM

Maybe we could just replace the Republic III and IV with Nebula I and II, but I still go for it being a separate capital. Those tubes will make a big difference in battle., as they are equal to the heavy turbolasers in damage.

It's almost pointless to have two destroyers with basically the same characteristics though. And as I said, for the current version of PR, that'll just hog up the build bar space.

If anyone's looking for the Nebula-class model to work on, look to UEaW.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users