Photo

Cannon Fodder Ai....Works great but...kinda...op?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 PopGoesTheWeasel

PopGoesTheWeasel
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:02 PM

Imo, the best ai does not need to cheat....at least to the extent this ai does. I am new to the mod and trying to see which country I favor the most but it is kinda hard. Your ai is really nice, MO Easy>YR Brutal. Maybe I just need to improve my micro....but it kinda sucks that the enemy is cranking out units with 3 war factories when I am teching up. And I cant even use any rush tactics because they greatly outnumber me...cant engineer rush on non-small maps. Anyway to make the easy ai....a little more easy? Medium and hard are even better I assume...Ive always been a casual player so that could be it to. But when I am getting rushed by hordes of units, unreal hordes, things that would never happen against a real player......that simply sucks. Ex: 10-15 mirage tanks at once, at the same time it is teching, building etc. ....Ai that needs to cheat that much to stand a chance is lacking =/ The rushing is nice, many different tactics...thats cool. Whats not cool is when I am simply outnumbered by them....talking Rhino Tank and v3 rushes early game. And to top that they are using air powa at the same time.....gg human player lol. Maybe I should turn trainers or something on xD. Or play ra2 more....anyone beaten a Mental Omega brutal 1v1??? Love the mod though, any hamachi or something I can play on? I have tfd edition fully patched, npatch se 20# ra 1.006, yr 1.001, MO works great, nice mod speeder. Only thing that I hate is how ai magically builds 3 tanks/vehicles at once. Or possibly could you make a mode in later patches where the ai is not so hard? Like a test mode or something or practice....All these new content makes my head hurt. Jk ;p

Edited by PopGoesTheWeasel, 29 June 2008 - 08:03 PM.

#2 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:04 PM

I guess you haven't played other "main" mods. If you did you'd know that those mods also have the AI building more at once simply because that is the only real way to the make the AI challenging. With only 1 War Factory they cannot build enough units and since it isn't possible to have the AI use real tactics, spamming is the only true way.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 PopGoesTheWeasel

PopGoesTheWeasel
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:57 PM

Oh, I see. Seems like thats only for RA2...makes sense though, with the game being 7 years old. Still a classic game though, and this mod makes it even more enjoyable..two questions. How do I use those Epsilon driller apcs? ie how do I make them go underground...and does anyone play this mod onlinee? If so, on what....hamachi???

#4 wcvechten

wcvechten

Procrastinator

• Members
  • 658 posts
  •  Just someone uninportant

Posted 30 June 2008 - 01:43 PM

just WOL online
hamachi = NUE Not Used Enough
and I have beaten 7 brutals soz =O
epsilon driller goes underground when traveling an big distance,even under sea so yeah
cant drill in Urban areas though

#5 severe_009

severe_009
  • New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 05:05 AM

Rush tactics against AI in MO doesnt work anymore^^

the way i defeat them is picking a map with bridges, then i destroy those bridges to stop their land forces
then they just rely on air power so i build AA defense
then muster my forces then repair the bridge and attack them with land forces assisted with air power

Edited by severe_009, 17 September 2008 - 05:07 AM.

#6 Dark_Hunter808

Dark_Hunter808

Helghan Sniper Recon

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Projects:Drawing my own line of anime
  •  RTS Tactician...

Posted 21 September 2008 - 01:37 PM

Rush tactics against AI in MO doesnt work anymore^^

the way i defeat them is picking a map with bridges, then i destroy those bridges to stop their land forces
then they just rely on air power so i build AA defense
then muster my forces then repair the bridge and attack them with land forces assisted with air power

I do that too, but a little differently. The first 2 are the same, but i rally up (well i like the allied the most), 1 Sniper IFV, 3 Prism IFVs, 1 Repair IFV, 2 Prism Tanks, & 2 Mirage Tanks. I use no air power mostly.
And another thing, I like to be the American Faction cuz i build at least around 34 Abrams (if you have Tech Oil Derricks around) & rush them that reminds me of the American & Saddam's Republican Guards Tank Battle. Or the Battle Of Kursk.
Posted Image

"So In War, The Way Is To Avoid What Is Strong And To Strike At What Is Weak."

~ Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

#7 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:35 AM

Any island map, bridge map, chokepoint map is effective against AI.

Remember the AI uses a set trigger which uses a set number of units which follows a strict order

e.g. when x time has pass, ai spam 5 tanks and then kill all defence buildings, yes even that sam site in the back of your base.

I would encourage building more tier 1 units to soak up damage until you tech up.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users