• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 The Undying Nephalim

The Undying Nephalim
  • Members
  • 14 posts
  • Projects:Legend of Zelda: The Gerudo Wars, Project Kursed

Posted 06 July 2008 - 12:22 AM

First off, I know I am new to these forums. I know I am not the best modder out there. I’ve read the suggestions about joining other mods and starting out small and growing from there. However, I do feel I am confident enough and have enough basic knowledge necessary to oversee such an idea as this. I have developed mods for many other games (some include Half-Life2 and Star Wars Battlefront) so I know what is necessary to make these ideas come to life. I have also created full scale video games before, The Legend of Zelda: The Fallen Sage ( http://zeldawiki.org...The_Fallen_Sage ) being one of the most notable I have completed. I know the immense time, effort, and dedication that is needed to pull off something of this scale. Take heed that I see this idea of mine as a serious endeavor, not a picnic in the park. Indeed, I want this effort to be a fun one, but I know the rewards will only come through work. I am skilled at developing maps, and virtually every asset necessary to make this mod, with the exception of 3D modeling, which is the number one type of member I am seeking to recruit. Of course, I desire team members for every division and aspect of making a total conversion mod. Anyway, the point of this opening is to show that I am not a complete n00b and that I am taking this seriously and I know what needs to be done in order to see this idea come to life.

And now the idea - The Legend of Zelda: The Gerudo Wars.

I am a huge fan of Nintendo’s Legend of Zelda series. I am also a huge fan of EA’s BFME games. I have been dreaming of a Zelda RTS since my childhood, and once I played BFME I knew that’s how such a game should play. My idea is simple, but large in scope. I desire to make a total conversion of BFME into the Zelda universe. I have the entire plot already planned out, you can see a small taste of it in a 97 page comic I created here: http://undyingnephal...ue-One-77685978 . I will not get into plot details as I want the story to remain under wraps except with team members. A simple plot synopsis would be: The Kingdom of Hyrule is desperately trying to keep the peace with the Gerudo, but a traitorous event leads to a full scale war.

I hope that with the effort I’m putting into this post, people here will see how serious and dedicated I am to working on this project. I’m looking for anyone capable of anything that will help, but most notably a 3D modeler and rigger. My list of desired team members include:

1. A vice director (someone who has basic knowledge of all aspects)
2. A good 3D modeler
3. An INI scripter (I am decent with this but I would love help with INI scripts)
4. Extra Skinners (I am very good with making skins and textures, though the more the better)
5. Extra Mappers
6. A coder who can give feedback and aid on scripts in maps.
7. Extra 2D artists
8. Miscellaneous

Anyway, here’s my idea for the sides you can play as. (Note that with the exception of King Dodongo, Lord Volvagia, King Zora, Link, and Shamnan all the other art is my work. Princess Zelda, Kazakk, Akazoo, and Zaleen however, were photo manipulated. To see the original works you can visit my Deviantart page: http://undyingnephalim.deviantart.com/ )

Posted Image Kingdom of Hyrule – The Kingdom of Hyrule is a well established, economically stable, and militarily competent force. Governed by a monarch, Hyrule has suffered in recent years from opposition against its political system. Notably, hostilities have arisen with the neighboring Gerudo Federation due to Hyrule’s refusal to relinquish itself as a dictatorship. Though the King has complete power, must of his work is carried out through the use of his daughter, the Princess Zelda.

Advantages: The Kingdom of Hyrule possesses a single and well balanced army capable of reacting to various situations. Their versatility gives them an upper hand when combating firefights. They have an ‘anti’ unit for every other type of unit, such as anti-cavalry, anti-ranged, anti siege etc.

Disadvantages: Hyrule’s well balanced army comes with the price of late game weaknesses. They have few upgrades and unless their armies are in relatively large numbers they are very weak against other forces.

Heroes

Posted Image Princess Zelda – The crown Princess of Hyrule, she’s recently taken charge of her empire with the death of her father. Zelda sports dual rapiers and an ancient bow forged by the mysterious Sheikah. She is a deadly diplomat, and an even deadlier fighter. With the failure of peace between Hyrule and the Gerudo, Zelda has personally taken command of the Iron-clad: elite soldiers charged with the defense of Hyrule’s borders.
Abilities:
Power Break – Powerful swipe from her dual rapiers that sends foes flying back.
Switch to Bow – Zelda switches her rapiers for her bow.
Inspiring Grace – All troops near Zelda gain a huge armor bonus
Light Arrow – Zelda fires a powerful Light Arrow, killing anything in its path up to it’s target.

Posted Image General Kazakk – Hyrule’s elite general and second in command next to the Princess herself, Zelda trusts no one more then Kazakk. He has proven himself in leading the defensive affairs of Hyrule, though he is often mocked for his round ears leading many to believe he is of Gerudo ancestry.
Abilities:
Hammarine – All enemy cavalry near Kazakk can’t trample.
Moral Speech – All nearby allies gain exp faster and auto-heal
Glory of Hyrule – Summons a barrage of arrows, instantly killing all enemies surrounding Kazakk.

Posted Image General Akazoo – While Kazakk handles the defense of Hyrule, Akazoo is in charge of offensive matters, often earning such complements as being brutally effective in skirmishes. He is a rather unstable man, and is characterized by a “no prisoners, no mercy” attitude towards the Gerudo. He has a long time hatred of General Kazakk.
Abilities:
Fear – Enemies run from Akazoo
Brutal Tactics – Allies gain a large damage bonus but their armor decreases.
Merciless blow – Instantly kills targeted hero.

Posted Image Rauru, Sage of Light – An ancient man and founder of the Temple of Time, Rauru has descended from the Sacred Realm to bring all the other sages into the war. He is an utterly holy man, and seeks nothing but the protection of the Triforce from evil. Though he appears to be an old man, Rauru uses devastating magic in battle.
Abilities:
Holy Light – Gives all nearby allies a huge increase in vision range
Smite – Rauru bashes a target with his mace, sending nearby enemies flying.
Blinding Beam – Summons a searing shaft of light from the sky, burning all enemies underneath.

Units
Infantry Division – Standard unit in Hyrule’s army. Armed with swords and shields.
Spearman Division – Anti-cavalry unit.
Archer Division – anti-melee unit.
Cavalry Division – anti infantry unit.
Iron-clad elites – All purpose shock troops. Can switch between swords, bows, and lances.
Mounted Iron-clad. A mounted version of the Iron-clad, can cycle between the three weapons.

Structures
Castle – Central base from which the General can direct the battle and summon heroes.
Outpost – Center of trade, generates resources.
Recruiting Hall – Small mustering base that arms troops.
Stables – Houses Hyrule’s cavalry
Goddess Statue – Glorious depiction of the three Goddesses that inspire troops. Auto-heals and grants exp bonus.

Posted Image Gerudo Federation – The Gerudo Federation is an ancient empire characterized by their population being completely female with a male being born only every one hundred years. These males often end up becoming sole ruler of the Federation. Recently the Gerudo have become increasingly hostile towards the Kingdom of Hyrule, and with the betrayal of Hyrule’s ambassador, Agahnim, war has abruptly erupted between the two peoples.

Advantages: The Gerudo have the best infantry in the game, sporting well balanced melee units with many armor and weapon upgrades. Though it takes them time to field a base, once the Gerudo are established enemies fall quickly to their blocks of troopers.

Disadvantages: The Gerudo lack powerful ranged units and cavalry, and are thus susceptible to steady arrow barrages or constant horse charges.

Heroes

Posted Image Agahnim – An ancient Sheikah wizard and lord of all Shiekah, Agahnim served as Hyrule’s ambassador between the Gerudo. Once held in high esteem, Agahnim mysteriously betrayed Hyrule and joined the Gerudo. With mysterious magic he has been able to bring forth Male Gerudo, disrupting the one hundred year cycle.
Abilities:
Deception – Enemies avoid attacking Agahnim, thinking he is an ally.
Charismatic Influence – All enemies near Agahnim attack each other for a short duration.
Eye of Truth – Agahnim gains control of enemy troops for a limited time.

Posted Image Nabooru, Sage of Spirits – One of Hyrule’s ancient Sages, Nabooru as recently awakened only to join her people against what she was created to protect. She is a rather mysterious person, and serves as one of the leading generals in the Gerudo forces. She wields dual Scimitars and is often the last thing any soldier sees before falling to her blades.
Abilities:
Barbaric Blow – Nabooru dashes in a straight line through enemies, sending all in her path flying.
Dive Bomb- Nabooru jumps into the air, soon to come crashing down on her enemies.
Tornado Strike – Nabooru rapidly spins for a short duration, knocking back enemies surrounding her.

Posted Image Mido – A Kokiri hailing from the forest of the same name, Mido was exiled after telling a Stalfos army to attack his homeland in exchange for his life. Mido eventually found himself in the forces of the Gerudo, training to become a strong enough warrior to take on his rival; Link. Mido wields many knives and dual katars, he’s become a very capable assassin.
Abilities:
Cloak – Mido appears invisible to all except several units.
Gut – Mido unleashes a quick strike on a single target.
Thunder Pierce- Mido strikes with inhuman swiftness on a single target. Recharges very quickly.
Gerudo Dragon – Powerful blow that sends a single target flying back a huge distance.

Posted Image Lord Volvagia – Master of the ancient lava dragons that live deep beneath Hyrule’s surface, Agahnim has struck a deal with the ancient dragon in exchange for giving the Death Mountain Range to the burning reptiles. Lord Volvagia is a massive beast, lighting enemies aflame as he snakes across the ground and flies through the air. His hatred for the Gorons is infinite.
Abilities:
Fireball – launches a single, powerful ball of flame at his target.
Flame Cannon – Volvagia torches the targeted area.
Burrow – Lord Volvagia burrows into the ground. Any enemy above him when he reemerges is knocked back a long distance.
Self Destruct – Volvagia sacrifices himself, destroying and incinerating anything both ally and foe in a ridiculously large radius.

Units
Raiders – Standard melee unit in the Gerudo force. Armed with a single scimitar and shield.
Lancers – A weak anti-cavalry unit.
Longbows – though they have longer range then most archers, they are relatively weak.
Outriders – A wild group of horse riders that can pillage structures for resources.
Siege Ladder – Useful for storming and scaling walls of an enemy base with relative ease.
Volvagia – A dragon lit on fire, useful anti infantry unit.

Structures
Gerudo Palace – A remote base from which the Gerudo direct battles and summon heroes.
Carpenter’s Guild – Store from which the Gerudo generate resources by selling weapons.
Mustering base – Station from which Gerudo are armed for battle.
Lava pit – A crevice that leads deep into the earth, the home of the ancient Volvagia.
Statue of Ganon – An awe inspiring statue of the King of Moblins. Causes fear in enemies and grants allies leadership bonus.

Posted Image Gorons – The elder creatures of stone and magma, the Gorons are a subterranean race that has been on friendly terms with Hyrule. They are peace loving, though their abilities make them remarkable warriors. They are reluctant to come out of their caves and aid the Hylians, though once they are attacked by the aggressors the Gorons have no choice but to strike back. Lead by Darunia and his ally King Dodongo, the Gorons begin their march out into the open.

Advantages – The Gorons are bulky, powerful beasts. They are resistant to damage, and can deal a lot of damage in short order. They are the best force for sieges, and though they lack speed, they make up for not needing large armies to get the job done.

Disadvantages – The Gorons are slow, not only physically but it takes them time to build up a base and field an effective army. Though some Gorons can role up to traverse great distances, they are rather vulnerable in this state. The Gorons also lack ranged units, an obvious and huge disadvantage.

Heroes

Posted Image Darunia, Sage of Fire – The leader of the Gorons and the Sage of Fire, Darunia has answered the call to aid what he was created for; reluctantly. His care for his people has tempted him to dodge joining the war effort, though once he is attacked he boldly prepares for war. Darunia charges into battle with powerful melee attacks augmented but even more powerful flame magic.
Abilities:
Flame Punch – Darunia charges his attack with fire, sending a single target flying and nearby enemies light on fire.
Pillar of Flame – Causes a pillar of fire to burst from the ground under his target, lighting other nearby enemies on fire.
Goron Rage – All nearby allies gain a huge bonus to their armor.
Din’s Fire – Unleashes a huge storm of fire on multiple enemies at targeted area.

Posted Image Biggoron – A massive and ancient Goron, Biggoron has slept for centuries on top of Death Mountain awaiting an event that needs his attention. The recent Gerudo Wars has given him renewed purpose. Biggoron is a giant overpowered beast, capable of trampling almost anything with his mass. He is resistant to all types of damage and is the perfect siege weapon.
Abilities:
Belly Flop – Biggorn allows himself to fall down, causing a huge earthquake around him.
Canon Ball – Biggoron jumps into the air, curling into a giant ball and slamming against the earth, sending all nearby and distant enemies flying a great distance.
Unbreakable Barrier – Biggoron can curl up into a giant barrier that is nearly indestructible.

Posted Image King Dodongo – Lord of the reptilian Dodongo, King Dodongo calls forth his people to aid as mounts and support soldiers. His massive size makes him an ideal siege weapon, and he is resistant to most forms of damage. King Dodongo is also capable of rolling into a massive ball, trampling anything in his path.
Abilities:
Flame Breath – King Dodongo scorches enemies in front of him.
Roll – King Dodongo rolls up and tramples enemies for a short distance.
Mass Trample – King Dodongo goes into a rage, charging in random directions and trampling all enemies for a long duration.

Units
Goron Militia – Recruits seeking to join the Goron war effort. Armed with nothing but their powerful fists.
Fire Warriors – Mounted on Dodongos, these troops serve as powerful cavalry support and light siege units.
Shield Breakers – Armed in a full suit of Goron plate, these powerful troops are able to deal out large amounts of punishment. They may be slow, but their power is undisputed by any other Goron.
Mass Defender – Draped in a huge metal suit, the Mass Defenders are a virtual fortress on legs. These bulky soldiers are perfect for decoys and for base defenses. Though they attack slowly, their massive hammers deal great damage, flinging enemies high into the air on impact.
Dodongo Larva – Small legless children of their lizard counterparts, Dodongo larva are very weak in combat, though once they are killed they violently self-destruct.
Dodongo – A large hulking beast, the Dodongos unleash flames on the masses of troops and serve as ideal battering rams.

Structures
Remote Throne – Center from which the Gorons can direct battles and summon heroes.
Rock Quarry – Mines Rock Sirloin, a rare gem which the Gorons eat. This structure generates a steady income and doubles as a base from which troops are summoned.
Dodongo Caves – Summons forth all Dodongo units.
Statue of Din – A statue of the Goddes of Power. Grants damage bonuses to nearby forces.

Posted Image Zora Dominion – The aquatic Zoras have remained reclusive and shown a huge resistance to joining the war. Princess Ruto of the Zora has in fact leaned towards supporting the Gerudo in their effort against Hyrule, though it is unclear what side the Zora support. One fact is certain, whoever gains the aid of the Zoras will have a powerful ally.

Advantages – The Zoras have a highly organized and disciplined army. They also have a rather strong defense, their bases are lined with numerous hidden aquatic defenders. Their troops are relatively well balanced, and they sport powerful moral and leadership bonuses. Most Zora are immune to fear as well.

Disadvantages – The Zora lack cavalry and siege units, so while they are effective in battle, they are horrible at assaulting a well fortified base.

Heroes

Posted Image Ruto, Sage of Water – The leader of the Zora people, Princess Ruto has been stubborn on her willingness to join Hyrule. Recent temptation from the Gerudo has given her good reason to side with Hyrule’s enemy, and odds are they will end up turning against the Hylians. Ruto is a miracle healer, and she can restore a nearly depleted force to full fighting strength with her aquatic magics.
Abilities:
Heal – Heals targeted units in a small radius
Extinguish – All troops around Ruto are immune to fire.
Nayru’s Love – all nearby allies become invincible for a short duration.

Posted Image King Zora Farquas – Father of Ruto, the King Zora serves more as a head figure rather then a leader. His almighty (and gluttonous) figure on the battlefield is a terrifying sight, especially his giant crustation mount. King Zora rides into battle on his deadly Crab, inspiring his troops to bring fear into the enemy.
Abilities:
King’s Will – All nearby allies have immunity to fear and their armor increases.
Horrible Battle Cry – Nearby enemies cower at the King’s massive appearance.
Summon Royal Troops – Summon a battalion of the King’s finest.

Posted Image Zaleen - A priest in the Temple of Time and ambassador of the Zora between Hyrule and the Gerudo, Zaleen is a reclusive yet well known figure. He is Ruto’s most trusted and beloved servant, carrying out all work that she is unable to attend to. While he does not look like a fighter, Zaleen has a vast knowledge of combat styles and is able to bless his experience to his fellow troops.
Abilities:
Arc Boomerang - Zaleen throws his boomerangs in an arc, knocking down all enemies in its path.
Shadowmeld – Zaleen becomes invisible and is immune to damage for a short duration.
Mutate – Zaleen transforms into a horrible monstrosity for a short duration, infused with the powers of darkness.

Units
Military Battalion – The Zora’s primary offensive force. Armed in bright golden armor, a full force of these soldiers is a glorious sight to behold.
Pikemen Battaltion – support anti cavalry troops.
Boomerang Battalion – The Zora’s answer to an archer unit.
Assassins – Elite units they are effective at battling heroes.
Octoroks – Small scout units they are ideal backup ranged units.

Structures
Palace – A grand center from which the Zora can direct the battle and summon heroes.
Coral Reef – A pool from which the Zora generate resources.
Water Cavern – Trains Zora troops for battle. In addition, all water caverns are connected, allowing troops to travel from one to another.
Statue of Nayru – Statue of the Goddess of Wisdom. Grants an immunity to all fear and bonus exp for nearby troops.
Healing Fountains – Blessed waters that heal all nearby troops.

Posted Image Kokiri – The Children of the Forest, the Kokiri are an unknown force that has recently been riled into joining the war. Their forests disturbed by recent Twili invasion, there’s no doubt as to why the Kokiri have mobilized. Allied with all sorts of forest creatures, the Kokiri’s new army is a force to be reckoned with.

Advantages – The Kokiri can summon huge swarms of weak units to distract foes until they can bring out their powerful creatures to do battle. Everything about the Kokiri involves holding out as long as possible until they get their giant lumbering Deku Trees into the field.

Disadvantages - The Kokiri have tons of weak units that serve as canon fodder. They also have poor moral and are frightened easily. In addition, the Kokiri have horrible defensive strategies.

Heroes

Posted Image Link – A young warrior hailing from the forest, Link serves as the ambassador between the Kokiri and Hyrule. He is dedicated to protecting the forest and his beloved childhood friend, Saria. Link is armed with a large variety of weapons to take on various foes.
Abilities:
Swordspin – Quick spin attack that knocks back enemies.
Switch to Bow – Link switches to his bow.
Switch to bombs – Link attacks with Bombs
Switch to Megaton Hammer – Link attacks slower but with greater damage.
Spiral Blade – Link barrages multiple enemies with a combo of sword strikes.

Posted Image Saria, the Emerald Sage – A young and naïve creature, Saria has recently been named successor to the Sage of Forests by the Great Deku Tree. Now infused with powerful magics, Saria can summon forth various and exotic emerald related attacks. Though she is small, she is a powerful weapon of war.
Abilities:
Emerald Fury – Saria sends shards of Emerald crystals flinging into her enemies.
Emerald Prison – Saria traps enemies in Emerald crystals.
Anger of the Forest – Saria summons a storm of green lightning.
Emerald Bombardment – Saria summons a giant Emerald Meteor.

Posted Image Mirora – After Mido was banned and exiled as Tribal leader, Mirora took over his post as the new leader and soon to be General of the Kokiri. She is utterly brutal and barbaric by nature, relishing combat to satiate her undying anger. She wields two massive Mantis Swords, and is a quick and effective fighter.
Abilities:
Berzerker Rage – Mirora gains a huge attack and armor bonus for a short duration.
Mount/Dismount – Mirora rides on a Wolfos.
Lucky Blow – Mirora instantly kills targeted hero.

Posted Image The Great Deku Tree – The previous Emerald Sage and guardian of the Kokiri, the Great Deku Tree has spent millennia in a stationary trance. Now that his children are threatened, he has arisen to bring forth the other Deku into battle.
Abilities:
Auto-heal – All nearby allies auto heal.
Mass Summon – Summons various Deku units depending on Great Deku Tree’s Level.
Root/Uproot – The Deku Tree can root himself to become more resistant and heal faster.
Rage of the Woods – The Deku Tree howls with tremendous force, sending all enemies and allies in front of him flying a huge distance.

Posted Image Shamnon, Lord of Wolfos – The tribal leader of the Wolfos, Shamnon is a quick and powerful beast. Recognizing the threat the Gerudo pose to the forest, he has put aside his hostility to the Kokiri and joined with them to fight the arising opponent.
Abilities:
Howl – All units near Shamnon have their speed increased drastically.
Maul – Shamnon repeatedly beats one target into submission.
Bloodthirst – drastically increased Shamnon’s speed and damage.
Call the pack – Shamnon summons a large force of Wolfos.

Units
Kokiri Squadron – A huge mob of melee armed Kokiri
Slingshot Squadron – A huge mob of slingshot armed Kokiri
Deku Scrub Squadron – A swarm of Deku scrubs. They are incredibly fast and difficult to hit.
Skull Kids – Support troops that grant exp and leadership bonuses.
Deku Trees – Poweful plant beasts of the forest. Ideal siege weapons
Wolfos Riders – Poweful melee cavalry, the Kokri ride the Wolfos into battle to distort and confuse opponents.

Structures
Kokiri Council – A central hub from which the Kokiri can direct their forces and summon heroes.
Vegetable Grove – A small farm that generates resources.
Militia Hovel – Hut from which troops are summoned.
Deku Grove – Secluded ground from which Deku are grown from the earth.
Wolfos Staging Ground – Gathering spot from which the Wolfos Riders come forth.
Statue of Farore – Statue of the Goddess of Courage. Grants immunity to fear and auto-heals troops nearby.

Posted Image Gohma – Ancient arachnids from the Misery Mire, Gohma were at one point the dominate species until the Hylians migrated into this land. The Gohma are a highly organized and industrious race, their hives span miles of ground in their homelands. Recently Agahnim has found a way to motivate them in aiding the Gerudo, in exchange for allowing them way to infest Hyrule’s Capital: site of the once Grand Central Hive.

Advantages – The Gohma are highly effective and efficient. They generate resources very quickly and thus can field troops at a ridiculous pace. They are all about rushing tactics and winning as soon as possible, though their ridiculously powerful heroes can give them an edge very late into a game should a match draw on. In addition, all of their structures can summon all and any unit. The Gohma are designed so that they are constantly producing units every second, replacing every unit they lose with two more.

Disadvantages – Since the Gohma play radically different from the other sides, they lack the basic formula of troops: melee, ranged, cavalry, etc. Their units are also relatively weak and can be picked off by a steady invasion, making them hard to keep up in a match that draws on for a long period of time. Though they are focused on massive forces, the style is much different then the Kokiri because they lack the high end powerful units to back up their weaker base troops.

Heroes
Posted Image Sulkaris, the Fallen Sage – Virtually nothing is known of her. She does not physically appear in battle, rather a spiritual avatar of her comes forth to augment Gohma forces. It is obvious she is the true motivating force behind the Gohma’s actions.
Abilities:
Non-Corpeal – Sulkaris is unable to take damage, but cannot deal damage. This is passive.
Master of Eyes – Sulkaris can see the entire map for a short duration.
Blight – Sulkaris destroys trees, giving the Gohma resources.
Mass Infestation – Sulkaris summons a huge force of Gohma.

Posted Image Gohma Immanis – The only male Gohma, the Immanis is a colossal beast who’s sole purpose in life is to impregnate the various queens of the Gohma to spread his species. Despite his lethargic nature, the Immanis’ sheer size makes him a near omnipotent weapon of war.
Abilities:
Envelop – Sends out a huge shockwave that stuns enemies.
Consume Gohma – Eats a Gohma to regain health.
Eye of the Gohma – Fires massive beams of acid over a large area from its eye.

Posted Image Gohma Matriarch – The first Queen of the Gohma, the Matriarch serves as the primary producer of Gohma offspring and is the favorite Queen of the Immanis. She is a powerful creature, bearing more resemblance to the Armogohma breeds. She is capable of firing beams of searing flame from her eye.
Spawn Larva – Matriarch summons a group of larva.
Spawn Juvenile – Matriarch summons a group of Juveniles.
Spawn Queen – Matriarch summons a Queen Gohma.
Matriarch Beam – Matriarch fires a focused beam of purple flame.

Units
Gohma Larva – A tiny and weak Gohma that leaps at its targets.
Gohma Juvenile – A clawed larva that has aged slightly.
Armogohma – A relatively large ranged unit that can shoot beams of fire from its eye. Doubles as a sort of cavalry unit.
Queen Gohma – Support unit that constantly lays eggs as it moves. Can summon various troops for free.
Assault Gohma – A large Gohma with a massive gripping claw. Ideal siege unit though it is not nearly as powerful as the other races.

Structures
Hive – Central base form which all Gohma spawn.
Lair – Generates resources and doubles as a defensive structure.
Infested Cave – Larger base that allows the growth of larger Gohma.

Posted Image Twili – The Twili are an ancient race that was banished to the Twili realm thousands of years ago. In their time there they evolved and developed into a relatively powerful empire. Times are changing though and two ancient Twili: the Dark Great Fairy Veran, and a Dark Dragon Onox, have made a deal with Agahnim to slip into the world of light to aid Gerudo forces. Unknowingly being manipulated by Veran is Queen Midna, who has recently stopped Zant from claiming his rightful place as leader and believes she is spreading into the world of light bringing peace.

Advantages – The Twili are a very odd side to play as, though they have some of the best units in the game. They rely on their large cast of heroes to aid them as the Twili have the most powerful leaders in the game. Both Zant and Onox are devastating forces to take on. In addition, Veran’s possession ability will allow you to take over the troops of other armies, meaning your force will likely consist of troops from various sides to make up for the Twili’s weaknesses.

Disadvantages – The Twili are hard to play as and require patience. They have numerous advantages and numerous disadvantages though Veran’s ability to convert enemy troops almost constantly allow the Twili to not only eliminate attacks, but field a force very quickly at the enemy’s expense. As such, the bulk of the Twili’s forces will likely be composed of enemy troops.

Heroes

Posted Image Queen Midna – The self proclaimed ruler of the Twili, Midna’s once beautiful appearance has slowly been warped due to her dark influence from Veran. She unknowingly is getting involved into events beyond her control, and while she pridefully sees herself as an all powerful ruler, she in truth is nothing but a puppet to Veran.
Abilities:
Unbeatable Leadership – All units around Midna become immune to fear and have an attack and defense bonus.
Tempt – Enemy hero temporarily attacks its own units.
Twilitelekinesis – Midna lifts a unit high into the air and then drops it.
Shroud of Twilight – Midna temporarily becomes invincible.

Posted Image General Zant – The true King to the Twili throne, he was cast down the day of his ascension after Veran manipulated the system to insert her puppet Midna to the throne. Midna’s romantic passion for Zant has kept him high in power, however. Slowly but surely Midna’s change of character from a compassionate lover to an evil dictator is driving Zant to the point of insanity.
Abilities:
Swift Strike – Zant charges from a long distance and bashes a single target.
Insane Battlecry – Zant screams a horrific yawp of insanity, scaring away nearby enemies.
Unstable Sanity – Zant goes on a rampage, randomly attacking and dealing random amounts of damage to enemies.
Point of Break – Zant discards all his sanity and instantly kills any enemy he attacks for a short duration.

Posted Image Veran, Sorceress of Shadows – The true puppet master behind the Twili forces, Veran manipulated the system to insert the charismatic Midna in the throne. She now directs the Twili’s forces from the shadows, hoping that she can double cross Agahnim and take over the World of Light.
Abilities:
Possess: Veran permanently takes control of target enemies. Has a quick recharge rate.
Dark Influence: Target hero temporarily falls under Veran’s control.
Steal Soul: Veran permanently takes control of target hero.

Posted Image Onox, General of Darkness – Once Veran’s honorable husband, Onox became a twisted demonic dragon when he and Veran were banished to the Twili realm millennia ago. Though he no longer has room for loving embrace, Onox is now filled with unsurpassed power. Donning a huge suit of armor and a giant Morningstar Mace, Onox serves as Veran’s muscle, leading the assaults on the World of Light.
Abilities:
Crush – Onox pounds his mace into the ground, sending out a big shockwave.
Bash Structure – Onox instantly destroys target gate, wall, or structure.
Bane of Nature – Sends a wave of blight out around Onox.
Discard Armor – Onox breaks from his armor and flies through the air as a Dark Dragon.

Posted Image Xotchyl, the Earth Phantom – Midna’s personal bodyguard, Xotchyl serves silently. Though he is loyal in his support for Midna, he truthfully only wishes to appease his real master, Veran.
Abilities:
Hide in Plain Sight – Xotchyl is invisible even when attacking.
Bind – Wraps target in his whip, stunning them and slowly draining their health.
Fissure – Xotchyl whips the ground, sending out a crevice of twilight energy.
Mass Slaughter – Xotchyl darts his way through groups of enemies, slaying them before they realize what hit them.

Units
Twili Footsoldiers – The Twili’s frontline troops. They are armed with a mixed variety of swords and spears so they double as anti cavalry.
Twili Arachnid Swarm – A huge swarm of dimunative spiders, ideal for swarming the enemy.
Twili Spider Queen – A large and powerful spider that slowly tramples over enemies
Sulthis Being – A huge snake made of pure twilight. It’s resistant to many forms of damage.
Twili Dragon Riders – Twili mounted on the backs of Twili Dragons.
Dark Dragons – Giant powerful creatures that wreck havoc on the World of Light’s forces.

Structures
Palace of Twili – Central base from which the Twili can mobilize their forces in the World of Light.
Fountain of Darkness – A well portal leading to the Twili realm from which resources are generated.
Portal – A portal large enough to allow troops to be summoned forth.
Massive Portal – A portal large enough to summon large units.
Statue of Majora – A statue of Majora, the Fallen Goddess. Causes fear in nearby enemies and lowers their armor.

That’s the idea for the playable sides. I hope my effort to chart and plot that out with visuals is convincing enough to get people to see how serious I am about making this, that I’m not just another n00b with a good idea jumping into the dark. I know this will be a lot of work and will take a lot of time to finish and I don’t expect a perfect video game by the next sunrise. If anyone is willing to join this project, please feel free to contact me. Of course Zelda fans are encouraged, but if you are not a fan of the series and would like a challenge to exercise your skills, you are just as welcome to join. I really hope people become interested in this idea and I hope that Hyrule’s final stand will finally see the light of day.

Here are examples of some maps I have made.
Kokiri Forest: http://i200.photobuc...kiriForest2.png
Kokiri Forest: http://i200.photobuc...okiriForest.png
Zora’s River (Upper Falls): http://i200.photobuc.../ZorasRiver.png
Zora’s River (Downstream): http://i200.photobuc...ZorasRiver2.png
Hyrule Field (Incomplete): http://i200.photobuc...HyruleField.png

Edited by The Undying Nephalim, 26 August 2008 - 08:34 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Lurtzy

Lurtzy

Forerunner

• Project Team
  • 1,169 posts
  • Projects:Returning to modding

Posted 06 July 2008 - 01:02 PM

I am a huge fan of the legend of zelda and I love this idea! For all of the modding programs, go here, and make sure you set it up using the -mod command (explained here).

BTW, I would love to help you on this big project, if you need any help, just PM me.

Edited by Lurtz101, 06 July 2008 - 01:03 PM.

Trying to hold on...

#3 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 06 July 2008 - 05:42 PM

Moved to Drawing Board.

For modding tools, see the Tools of the Trade page on http://the3rdage.net

Plus please be aware how difficult a total conversion is, especially with 7 factions, and especially in a one-man team. I say difficult, I mean impossible :mellow: I see you're new, so I don't want to mean etc, but we've seen all such types of mods fall at the first hurdle.

If you think this mod is beyond you, try joining a mod team as a mapper.
Posted Image

#4 The Undying Nephalim

The Undying Nephalim
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 05:56 PM

Moved to Drawing Board.

For modding tools, see the Tools of the Trade page on http://the3rdage.net

Plus please be aware how difficult a total conversion is, especially with 7 factions, and especially in a one-man team. I say difficult, I mean impossible :p I see you're new, so I don't want to mean etc, but we've seen all such types of mods fall at the first hurdle.

If you think this mod is beyond you, try joining a mod team as a mapper.

Indeed, I know the difficulties of modding many video games. I have modded many games in my life and even created a 20 hour long Zelda fan game (which can be seen here: http://zeldawiki.org...The_Fallen_Sage ). I know the dedication and time it takes to make these ideas come to life, and I'm not taking this mod lightly. Your concern is appreciated though, it's the first sign of caring for something :mellow:

I am a huge fan of the legend of zelda and I love this idea! For all of the modding programs, go here, and make sure you set it up using the -mod command (explained here).

BTW, I would love to help you on this big project, if you need any help, just PM me.

I'll contact you as soon as I have more info up, I'm planning on making quite a display once I start recruiting :)
Posted Image

#5 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:Trying to find meaning...
  •  The guy that is just a ghost.

Posted 11 July 2008 - 08:57 PM

Can I help out? I got loads of free time, I am a pretty decent mapper, but, ironicly, I never played any game from the LOZ series. If I can't help out, then I wish you luck. If I can, just give me an idea of a place and I will make it.
A changed man is only the same man with a different outlook of life.

#6 Ghorta

Ghorta
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 06:02 PM

For a bit going down the whole topic I was thinking to myself, where's link? Thinking maybe you'd be turning Sauron into Gannondorf and Galadriel into Link, then the whole Kokiri faction disproved my theory.

I think this would be a great idea, of course it would be extremely difficult, I'm not very familiar with a lot of the BFME coding but as far as maps go I've got quite a bit of experience with them. If you ever do get it going I'll be more than happy to help, I love the series and I love BFME so it's a win/win in my book.

Just some things that crossed my mind that you may want to consider.

-Bulbins, someone as epic as King Bulbin can't be left out

-Maybe give the Kokiri an Owl unit quite like the eagles of BFME

-The undead, they're everywhere in the LoZ series (this could include everything from stalfos to poes)

-Gorons need at least one ranged unit, maybe some rock throwers, or have a giant goron siege bomb flower thrower (or both =/)
-also with gorons, just a thought but a unit kinda like the dwarven demolisher, have 3 rolled up gorons who can travel slightly fast but are slightly weaker to attacks. they'd be an anti-building unit.

-Naval units for the good forces could be the pirates (Tetra and her gang, not saying include her, just her men and such)

-Naval units for the evil forces could be the Ghost Ship's fleet

-Link has too many weapons, I mean I know he has a batman utility belt but turn some of them into just plain powers instead of actual weapons. Like throw bomb, or send off bombchu the action could work like the oil fire, press once to activate and press again to set it off. Instead of a throw spear action like some heroes in BFME have him with throw boomerang.

-As stated before I think Gannondorf should be the sauron of the evil forces. Instead of a ring, you have to gather the triforce. He could be equiped with a spell to transform into gannon, run through a group of enemies and change back, have the strength of it to match that of Sauron's fires of doom.

-Link could be the triforce hero for good, except not just ordinary Link, Fierce Deity Link. I know the triforce isn't the reason he turns into Fierce Deity Link but I can't really think of a better "triforce" hero for the forces of good.

yea well I don't mean to sound critical or pushy, just a few of the suggestions I thought of while reading

Edited by Ghorta, 22 July 2008 - 07:17 PM.

#7 The Undying Nephalim

The Undying Nephalim
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 12:34 AM

For a bit going down the whole topic I was thinking to myself, where's link? Thinking maybe you'd be turning Sauron into Gannondorf and Galadriel into Link, then the whole Kokiri faction disproved my theory.

I think this would be a great idea, of course it would be extremely difficult, I'm not very familiar with a lot of the BFME coding but as far as maps go I've got quite a bit of experience with them. If you ever do get it going I'll be more than happy to help, I love the series and I love BFME so it's a win/win in my book.

Just some things that crossed my mind that you may want to consider.

-Bulbins, someone as epic as King Bulbin can't be left out

-Maybe give the Kokiri an Owl unit quite like the eagles of BFME

-The undead, they're everywhere in the LoZ series (this could include everything from stalfos to poes)

-Gorons need at least one ranged unit, maybe some rock throwers, or have a giant goron siege bomb flower thrower (or both =/)
-also with gorons, just a thought but a unit kinda like the dwarven demolisher, have 3 rolled up gorons who can travel slightly fast but are slightly weaker to attacks. they'd be an anti-building unit.

-Naval units for the good forces could be the pirates (Tetra and her gang, not saying include her, just her men and such)

-Naval units for the evil forces could be the Ghost Ship's fleet

-Link has too many weapons, I mean I know he has a batman utility belt but turn some of them into just plain powers instead of actual weapons. Like throw bomb, or send off bombchu the action could work like the oil fire, press once to activate and press again to set it off. Instead of a throw spear action like some heroes in BFME have him with throw boomerang.

-As stated before I think Gannondorf should be the sauron of the evil forces. Instead of a ring, you have to gather the triforce. He could be equiped with a spell to transform into gannon, run through a group of enemies and change back, have the strength of it to match that of Sauron's fires of doom.

-Link could be the triforce hero for good, except not just ordinary Link, Fierce Deity Link. I know the triforce isn't the reason he turns into Fierce Deity Link but I can't really think of a better "triforce" hero for the forces of good.

yea well I don't mean to sound critical or pushy, just a few of the suggestions I thought of while reading

I am most impressed with the suggestions, I agree with almost everything you say. Indeed I was considering having a Stalfos faction lead by Onox (like in the story this is based off of), but I already have quite a few factions here so I thought that might be pushing it. I'll figure out something for a ranged Goron unit. Sadly I don't plan on having any naval units. I hate the whole naval concept in BFME2 and it felt extreamly rushed. I'm tempted to have Ganondorf be their 'ring' hero, but he's not in the storyline this is based after. (Of course story wouldn't matter in multiplayer though. :) )
Posted Image

#8 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 05:28 PM

No Ganondorf and King Bulbin?! Are you crazy?! Sorry, I have been playing Brawl a bit too much.

#9 The Undying Nephalim

The Undying Nephalim
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 12:08 AM

No Ganondorf and King Bulbin?! Are you crazy?! Sorry, I have been playing Brawl a bit too much.

Hehe, for skirmishes and multiplayer I have to include Ganon, but he's not in the storyline this mod is based after so I dont see how I could fit him in without breaking the plot.
Posted Image

#10 Ghorta

Ghorta
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 04:44 PM

Well I am reminded of a common plot where a faction of people try to create a "super-weapon" of sorts by completing certain task. I mean you have the Gerudo and Gannondorf was the king, it would only make sense that they try to revive him in any possible way. The good campaign could consist of them trying to stop a side army of Gerudo from collecting certain objects to try and revive him. Of course vice-cersa for the evil campaign. Unless it would still conflict with the plot. I'm not real familiar with your storyline, but I know even middle earth had many conflicts going at the same time.

If I could find someone who could help me code I could definitely help with the factions. Sadly it's more complicated than world builder, I can't just teach it to myself so easily.

And I agree about the naval units, to be honest I'm not too well-placed with them either. I was just offering the suggestion to cover over the already made ones.

Edited by Ghorta, 25 July 2008 - 04:44 PM.

#11 The Undying Nephalim

The Undying Nephalim
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:01 PM

Well I am reminded of a common plot where a faction of people try to create a "super-weapon" of sorts by completing certain task. I mean you have the Gerudo and Gannondorf was the king, it would only make sense that they try to revive him in any possible way. The good campaign could consist of them trying to stop a side army of Gerudo from collecting certain objects to try and revive him. Of course vice-cersa for the evil campaign. Unless it would still conflict with the plot. I'm not real familiar with your storyline, but I know even middle earth had many conflicts going at the same time.

If I could find someone who could help me code I could definitely help with the factions. Sadly it's more complicated than world builder, I can't just teach it to myself so easily.

And I agree about the naval units, to be honest I'm not too well-placed with them either. I was just offering the suggestion to cover over the already made ones.

Here's the comic that the storyline is based off of: http://undyingnephal...ue-One-77685978 just so that there's no confusion etc. I'd definately appreciate your help, another mapper is always good of course. :grin:
Posted Image

#12 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 12:17 AM

Ok, I read your story line, (wow by the way, it is good) and now I understand a bit of why Ganondorf and Bulbin isn't going to be put in, but you still can put them in, but as secret heroes*!
*= Secret heros are heroes that aren't in the mod by default, but can be modded in by people that know how.
Edit: I forgot to say that I also want to gut Mido myself, with Link personaly holding him for me, with Saria recalling what happened as I gut Mido and rip every part of his body, while leaving his head for last.

Edited by Ring of Fate, 27 July 2008 - 12:44 AM.

#13 Ghorta

Ghorta
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 03:33 PM

Well that does makes some things easier, thought I must admit, for an RTS the storyline will have to be expanded a bit to allow much more fighting. Granted I still haven't seen all of it yet, but from what I saw it seemed to be small conflicts. Now I'm not saying go away from your story, just allow some expanding to give it that "war" feel we get from RTS's. I understand though that this was your own Manga, and those usually don't cover large-scale battles, but since it is your own it allows you to interpret everything as freely as you wish, in other words it makes everyone else's job easier.

Looks like you've got a lot of your ground covered and I applaud what you've done so far.

#14 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 04:34 PM

Head to chapter 3 god damn it. It's title is Massacre (or however that is spelled), it is good. The Kokiri get slautered by Onox and his Stalfos army until something happens. I'm not telling you what, read it yourself. By the way, it doesn't start out in the middle of the battle, it starts before the battle. But it ain't huge big battle.

#15 The Undying Nephalim

The Undying Nephalim
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 08:17 PM

Hehe don't worry when the story picks up the battles will be massive. I mean masive. Here's a sample: http://undyingnephal...-Field-90696620
Posted Image

#16 Ghorta

Ghorta
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 09:08 PM

Hehe don't worry when the story picks up the battles will be massive. I mean masive. Here's a sample: http://undyingnephal...-Field-90696620

It's the white city! Heh, just kidding. But it does seem like a a juicy epic struggle. *mouth waters at though of a massive battle in Hyrule*

But in all seriousness a battle like this would definitely bring the RTS feeling to the player's hand.

One thing I seemed to have let slip my mind was the balance of good and evil in factions. I'm not talking about the balance of the units and such, more about the number of factions total. I didn't notice it before but it seems you have 5 good and 2 evil. Now I know it's hard enough to convert 7, but a balance like this can be a bit upsetting for plots and overall gameplay. It may not seem like much of a problem now, but an example would be if there were a battle between a mass of good and evil forces, the good would have a significant player and hero advantage.

Just something to think about because, like I said, it may not seem like a problem now, but once testing begin it could cause some upsets.

#17 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 05:05 AM

What?! ( Looks through the entire thread)
Hyrule: good.
Gerudo: evil.
Gorons: good.
Zora: neutral? You probably counted this as good, but read it's description again.
Kokiri: good.
Twili: evil.
Gohma: evil.
I think you miscounted. Now I don't know which evil team you called good, but, man, you must have read wrong.
Oh and U.N., I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

#18 The Undying Nephalim

The Undying Nephalim
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 08:34 AM

Zora: neutral? You probably counted this as good, but read it's description again.
I think you miscounted. Now I don't know which evil team you called good, but, man, you must have read wrong.

Hehe indeed this is pretty close. Switch around Zora and Twili and you got things right. ^_^
Posted Image

#19 Ghorta

Ghorta
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:32 AM

Hehe indeed this is pretty close. Switch around Zora and Twili and you got things right. ^_^

Ah I see you're going far back into the times when the Zora were not a peaceful race. I was seeing the Gerudo and Gohma as the only evil. Makes much more sense now.

#20 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 01:18 AM

WTF?! I thought the Twili were EVIL in your manga! Then, that means that the Twili are going to join the good guys on your manga! Please tell me I'm wrong!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users