#1 CodeCat

CodeCat

Half fox, half cat, and all insanity!

• Members
  • 3,768 posts
  •  Fighting for equality of all species

Posted 06 July 2008 - 12:34 PM

http://stealth.strangecompany.org/

I used to be a proponent of the EU, but now I realise who they really represent. Certainly not us.
CodeCat

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 06 July 2008 - 07:09 PM

Isn't that... a little extreme? I realize there's a fight against piracy but that's ridiculous. Cutting someone off from the Internet is literally killing someone's life. What about those guys who live off the Internet like freelance web designers or developers?

I'm beginning to wonder if Europe is going to turn out worse than the US when it comes to oppressive laws like this...

However, it's not like this would last for very long. The second an ISP realizes they're going to lose billions in business, they _should_ repeal their iron fist ruling.

Edited by Beowulf, 06 July 2008 - 07:11 PM.

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

#3 Elerium

Elerium

Road test? Me? But I gotta go save the world!

• Project Team
  • 631 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Temporal Agent

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:17 PM

It shouldn't pass, like others have said, it'll kick many corporations in the teeth.

Edited by Elerium, 06 July 2008 - 10:35 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Verrückt

Verrückt

Hi Everybody!

• Project Team
  • 755 posts
  • Projects:RealAlert
  •  O-Bolt's Bitch, Wacky Forum Doctor.

Posted 07 July 2008 - 12:51 AM

what the fuck, whatever it is your eating, lay off of it.
My heart goes out to Xeno.
Old Quotes:

@Mspencer : RoadReaction is calling everyone in your country a fascist invader who wants to invade Russia.
@Jeeves: Pie.

#5 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts
  • Projects:Lurking
  •  I'm a physician now. Scary, right?

Posted 07 July 2008 - 01:07 AM

Oh, dear, fucking, nonexistant god!!! A lot of people on Revora, including some of the ones from the modding community I actually respect are from Europe! This is madness!!!

Edited by Crazy Intellectual Liberal, 07 July 2008 - 11:08 PM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#6 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 07 July 2008 - 02:39 PM

Meh, the typing on the keyboard here is the most energy i care to spend on this topic, as i hardly find it likely to happen. Banning people from the internet? Are they going to pay the cops cash to hire new officers to walk from home to home of pirates and make sure they haven't leeched internet off their neighbor?

As mentioned, the cost of this would be a much bigger pill to swallow than the loss of revenue for those who lose cash on it. its basically trying to make it a crime against humanity to pirate, and make other parts of society pay for the loss of "money".

meh. i wonder how this looks in 10-20 years. either there is a new way to easily and cheaply pay for what you want with less pirating, or it would be pretty much the same as today.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#7 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:09 PM

Maybe they'll put you in virtual prison, every time you log on you get sent to Microsoft homepage with endless pop ups.

#8 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:07 PM

Caspa is one reason why I'd be ok with this but then we'd lose the leader of one of the GNP forums.
I'm creeping, not gone.

#9 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:41 PM

Leader of (muffled sound)

#10 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:29 AM

EVERYBODY KEEP YOUR FUCKING MOUTHS SHUT. Let's see if this bogey-bummed bastard can figure out his mistake on his own there.

You're assuming CIL is intelligent. He's not. Even if you pointed it out with flashing lights and a laser pointer, he'd still not get and just choke on his own spit.

NZ.org | BBPCG
Steam

#11 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:46 AM

If I'm so stupid, why haven't I choked on my own spit? I wouldn't be supprised if you ate your own words. By IQ standards, I'm smarter than over 99% of the world (along the lines of logic). It doesn't show here on these forums as I have no debating ability whatsoever. Anyways, one tends to see flaws in others rather than themselves. In deep thought, one will find something wrong with theirself. I have found some of my own errors, mistakes, and shortcomings. Hopefully, the people I'm directing this message at (you know who you are, and if you don't, you're more idiotic than you seem to take me as) will actually be able to understand what I'm saying and take it to heart. If not, you're all damned to be worthless and fail in life.

Edited by Crazy Intellectual Liberal, 08 July 2008 - 10:10 PM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#12 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:23 PM

If i'm so stupid, why haven't I choked on my own spit? I wouldn't be supprised if you ate your own words. By IQ standards, I'm smarter than over 99% of the world (along the lines of logic). It doesn't show here on these forums as I have no debating ability whatsoever. Anyways, one tends to see flaws in others rather than themselves. In deep thought, one will find something wrong with theirself. I have found some of my own errors, mistakes, and shortcomings. Hopefully, the people I'm directing this message at (you know who you are, and if you don't, you're more idiotic than you seem to take me as) will actually be able to understand what I'm saying and take it to heart. If not, you're all damned to be worthless and fail in life.

Translation: I have a tiny e-penis so I'm going to attempt to enlarge by bragging about my non-existant IQ.
Save yourself some typing next time and just admit you're a dumbass.

Edited by Beowulf, 08 July 2008 - 01:23 PM.

NZ.org | BBPCG
Steam

#13 CodeCat

CodeCat

Half fox, half cat, and all insanity!

• Members
  • 3,768 posts
  •  Fighting for equality of all species

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:50 PM

Were this E-Studios you all would've received a warn increase and this topic would've been locked long ago. But anyway...

CodeCat

Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:55 PM

That's just disgraceful :) .

Edit: That's not all, there's this too.

Edited by Soul, 08 July 2008 - 10:25 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#15 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:24 AM

Both VERY interesting to watch...

#16 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  • Projects:Worldbuilding
  •  The Undead

Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:43 AM

Maybe they'll put you in virtual prison, every time you log on you get sent to Microsoft homepage with endless pop ups.

They could do much worse. They could threaten to bring back Clippy.

oh god, not him!

As for EU banning people from the Internet, just plain madness, they should know this is just going to end in a big financial loss, and depending on the population, maybe a bit of loss of population.

Edited by General Jenkins, 09 July 2008 - 01:44 AM.

#17 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  • Projects:Admin @ Meaaov Gaming, university studies, ugh... research. GNP's Flagship of the Left.
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:19 AM

The Department of Corrections bans cyber-criminals from accessing the internet for their entire lives. It's a controversial policy, but hardly without precedence.
This is simply taking piracy and criminalizing it. Yeah, I view it as a violation of civil rights, but it's important to realize that this idea isn't something brand new.
Posted Image
My Favorite Website.My UniversityAnd... Mein Kampf?
C. elegans for President

#18 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:47 PM

I've never liked the EU, and now have justification for it.

#19 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 12 July 2008 - 11:18 PM

I have said before and will doubtless say again, the EU is a terrible idea and has nothing but flaws. I had noticed several of the similarities between the EU and the USSR before, but that really puts it in black and white. Anyone feel like starting a rebellious petition and subsequent underworld and opposition government?
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#20 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  • Projects:Worldbuilding
  •  The Undead

Posted 13 July 2008 - 04:28 AM

I can't attend to it, because we have our own shit to attend to, Bush has done a great job at fucking things up and Obama, even though I (would) vote for him, i don't think he'll do shit, couldn't we have another JFK in office again god-damnit?

Edited by General Jenkins, 13 July 2008 - 04:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users