#1 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:17 PM

So after entering the Cartographers Call competition, it put me in the mood. The mood... for mapping. Today I created this rather bodged tournament map, great for playing those long Robot Storm comp stomps on.

Minimap:
Posted Image

Battlefield Reconaissance
At each side are the player spawn points. As you can see the players are surrounded by cliffs with one large entrance for the north and south player and two smaller entrances for the centres. North and south of the middle players are small Ore fields, which wont last long. Six Oil Derrick line those fields, ready for capture, but be fair to your allies people!

The centre of the map is where it all happens. Just down the cliffs is where the Battle for Dune will take place! Desert stretches across the map with two notable sand dunes. A-top these dunes are three Derricks for each player, helping them guard their positions and place down some dodgy Refineries. Between the cliffs and the players lies a mass of Ore ready for collection but harvesters will be vulnerable here.

The rest... is Dune! Sorry though, no Spice Malange.

Attached File  tbfd.zip   193.77KB   54 downloads

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:40 AM

Niceee... that inspires some :p
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#3 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:07 PM

The rest... is Dune! Sorry though, no Spice Malange.

I actually happen to like maps that arnt over cluttered and have lots of open space, It gives space to move around and do things.

I also like the the no mans land. XP That's always good fun when online! Every one sets up a defence wall that they hope is unpassable.

And that it bring in harvester harassment! XP always good fun!

BTW what did you use to record that?

Camtasia Studio4. And yeah, its pretty fun to test stuff on. :p

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users