Permission?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Wolvman

Wolvman
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:41 AM

Hello SEE team, me and my team have began work on a mod for BFME II and we've been wondering if it would be alright to use some of your codes for things such as the Giant Eagle falling animation. We'd really appreciate it and would give you guys full credit for the coding that we use.

#2 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 12 July 2008 - 01:22 AM

I'm sorry but at this stage no...

The codes are not entirely "ours", and certainly not "mine". They are a collaboration of many modders working their asses off with stuff like this. First of all it was T3A veteran Cahik that made this possible by splitting the animation into 3 different "models". After that I coded the basics, but couldn't perfect it. Then my Head Coder, Sûlherokhh made the awesome coding that timed everything perfectly into what you see in SEE...

So I'm afraid I can't give this permission just like that since it's not my call really, even if it's my mod. I'd advice you to start with what you can do, and ask your way humbly through the open forums for help when you need it, and then show what you have done. That way you will hopefully create interest in your mod/production, and with that ppl will start to donate things and contribute with stuff like this as you go along. But you have to start in the right end and work your way up. That's exactly how I did it, when SEE slowly grew to what it is today. Just popping up and asking for finished work to build a new mod won't work I'm afraid :blink:

I hope I don't sound like a jack ass now, it's just the way the modding community works :p
I wish you the best of luck though, and naturally you could use whatever you like for personal use since noone will care or even notice as long as it's not released officially, but if you ever intend to make a PUBLIC mod, the above is pretty much die hard law, or you would get lynched in all forums :grin:

Good luck =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#3 Wolvman

Wolvman
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 02:26 AM

I see, well I'll just live with the mid-air explosions for awhile then heh. Glad I asked here because we are definetly going to go public with the mod sometime and I would really rather stay on these forums then get kicked off :p . We'll get it done somehow, thanks, and btw your mod rules.

#4 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 12 July 2008 - 10:57 AM

Thank you so much :blink:

And yes, I hate them too, the explosions. I have no idea what EA thought of... but aparently they once made falling deaths since the animations are in the game, but not used. I beleive that once they made them, they couldn't time them perfectly, as "we" could, so they were scrapped =/ Luckily they didn't remove any unused things though from the files and we found them there, for us to use/work on... :p

Edited by Nazgûl, 12 July 2008 - 10:58 AM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#5 Wolvman

Wolvman
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 04:38 PM

Yes, I saw the coding there awhile ago which lead me to try it out. It didn't really look that great :p , so I just stuck with the explosions and came here to ask about yours. BTW I didn't mean to sound like an annoying noob earlier :blink: , so sorry about that. Normally I would do that kinda thing myself, but right now I'm still trying to learn so much other basic stuff for BFME II coding that I wouldn't be able to get around to it for quite sometime.

#6 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 12 July 2008 - 11:38 PM

Np, hang in there and don't give up. It took me about 6 months of trial and error before I was handling myself pretty ok as a coder. But I owe it all to the tutorials and all the great help I got in these forums (not SEE forums, but the open modding forums of T3A) :p As long as you stay humble and and respectful I bet you will get as much help as you need from those who have time to help =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users